PDA

View Full Version : Are the program linemakers always on the level?

bigeastbeast
02-13-2018, 03:21 PM
Who would know if they inflate the ML odds on their selections?

Last night in the first at Northfield,OK Geronimo smiled for the cameras at 56-1.The linemaker had him at 25-1 despite his going off at 2-1 the previous week in the same company.Sure,he did finish 8th but he went faster than did the come from behind winner.I don't care if Niatross was entered.Something is amiss here.

sharkey11
02-13-2018, 03:24 PM
in any and all forms of gambleing there are shades of stealing as in all things let the buyer beware an gl sir :headbanger:

Sea Biscuit
02-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Who would know if they inflate the ML odds on their selections?

Last night in the first at Northfield,OK Geronimo smiled for the cameras at 56-1.The linemaker had him at 25-1 despite his going off at 2-1 the previous week in the same company.Sure,he did finish 8th but he went faster than did the come from behind winner.I don't care if Niatross was entered.Something is amiss here.

I don't understand your premise. If you thought the linemaker had made a mistake on the horse's oddsline then you should be grinning from ear to ear and knocking off the proverbial little old ladies in line to place your bet at 56-1.

Check out my thread for best bet at Woodbine for Monday. I gave out a horse which was 9-1 on the morning line and mentioned in the post that I was hoping for 2-1. The horse wired the field and won and paid $5.60.

Making an oddsline is not an exact science. Go easy on your accusations for the linemakers.

Here is a thread on morning lines. I suggest you read it.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118160&page=2&pp=15&highlight=automated+morning+lines