PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Values

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Interesting article that highlights Trump's vision for US foreign policy.

https://www.economist.com/news/international/21722834-past-presidents-believed-american-power-should-be-used-force-good?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/goodbyetovaluesamericasforeignpolicyembracethugsdi ctatorsandstrongmen

Past presidents believed that American power should be used as a force for good in the world. Not Donald Trump

https://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/640-width/images/print-edition/20170603_IRP001_1.jpg

Mr Trump stands for something different and darker: a contemptuous repudiation of the use of American strength in the service of anything other than self-interest. His enthusiasm for a brute like Mr Duterte gives heart to brutes everywhere. The consequences for America’s power and influence are likely to be grave.

https://cdn.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/640-width/images/print-edition/20170603_IRP002_1.jpg

Clocker
02-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Goodbye to Values

Interesting article that highlights Trump's vision for US foreign policy.

What are American values these days? What I'm seeing more and more of is suppression of dissent and social justice warriors imposing political correctness. And a lessening of respect for the values and freedoms of our fellow citizens.

In the early 1990s, with the cold war over, values-based foreign policy went into overdrive with what Tony Smith, a historian at Tufts University, calls neo-Wilsonianism.

The West, with its free-market economic model, primacy in multilateral organisations and human-rights pressure groups could accelerate the spread of democracy even in places with few of the institutional underpinnings.And what gives us the right, or the moral superiority, to impose our values on others? Because that's what so called "values-based foreign policy" is. It's telling people who don't want democracy that they are too stupid to know what is good for them. It's social justice warriors enforcing political correctness on an international scale. It's why caused the neo-cons in this country got us into Iraq.

Lots of people in the world don't want democracy. They want theocracy. They just fight about which religion will the basis of the theocracy. That's their choice. Not respecting that gets us into troubles. And wars.

davew
02-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Goodbye to Obama values :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 09:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/962475765521555456/bwrwArsx?format=jpg&name=600x314

Philippines leader recently told his troops
to shoot rebel females in the vagina.

Trump would never say something
like that, now would he?

Tom
02-12-2018, 09:29 PM
No, he wouldn't.
Only an ass-clown would have to ask.
But feel free to delude yourself further.

Trump Won.
You lost.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Tom
02-12-2018, 09:31 PM

What no more RACISM?

Clocker
02-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Philippines leader recently told his troops
to shoot rebel females in the vagina.

Trump would never say something
like that, now would he?

By golly, you're right, I remember this from my college logic course.

A. Duterte makes moronic statement.
B. Trump shakes hands with Duterte.
Therefore,
C. Trump is guilty of moronic statement.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :jump:

MutuelClerk
02-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Values?

Good one.

Humor thread?

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 10:06 PM
No, he wouldn't.
Only an ass-clown would have to ask.
But feel free to delude yourself further.

Trump Won.
You lost.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I know, I know.......
Trump is just a means to an end for you guys.
Might as well be a stuffed effigy of Reagan, or Nixon, in the Oval Office.
You could care less.

Get those judges in the right places, and you'll have us all
toeing the line and pledging allegiance, or booking into Gitmo.

What you and yours fail to see, though, is the harm
this will do to all regular Americans in the long run.

Trump and his top 1-5 percenters will make hay while the sun shines.
All of a sudden, it's going get very dark for the rest of us.

NJ Stinks
02-12-2018, 10:29 PM

So Obama states his objections to Duterte's actions in executing about 9,000 of his own citizens while Donny Boy calls Duterte up to congratulate him and then follows it up by saying he has a "great relationship" with the guy and you give three thumbs up to getting rid of the values exhibited by Obama in this thread?

Take the blinkers off once in a while and look around.

CincyHorseplayer
02-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Everybody thinks they are a standard bearer. That's the problem. Walking universal values. Must be nice!

The thing that irritates those types is the reality of what our country actually is. When they ask you what you truly believe in as an American?

"Whatever the f**k I please"

Yep!

chadk66
02-12-2018, 10:35 PM
just makes me chuckle when the left starts talking about values :lol:

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 10:36 PM
getting rid of the values exhibited by Obama in this thread?

Not just Obama, NJ.
Any number of presidents before him, as well.

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 10:40 PM
No, he wouldn't.

Damn....silly me!!!
He calls it a p**sy anyway.
How could I forget that?

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2018, 10:47 PM
this will do to all regular Americans in the long run.After a year, no regular Americans I know have been harmed yet...

davew
02-12-2018, 10:47 PM
So Obama states his objections to Duterte's actions in executing about 9,000 of his own citizens while Donny Boy calls Duterte up to congratulate him and then follows it up by saying he has a "great relationship" with the guy and you give three thumbs up to getting rid of the values exhibited by Obama in this thread?

Take the blinkers off once in a while and look around.

yes, I heard Trump is thinking of sending Hundreds of Millions in CASH to Iran so they could give Millions to Hezbollah for their righteous pursuits on world equality.

Is Duterte considered a terrorist state/organization ??

Clocker
02-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Get those judges in the right places, and you'll have us all
toeing the line and pledging allegiance, or booking into Gitmo.

All the judges I have seen so far are much more supportive of personal constitutional rights and freedoms than those appointed by Obama. Do you have evidence to support your assertion?

this will do to all regular Americans in the long run.What harm and how will it happen? You are just waving your hands around and saying the sky is falling. Details, please.

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 11:11 PM
All the judges I have seen so far are much more supportive of personal constitutional rights and freedoms than those appointed by Obama. Do you have evidence to support your assertion?

What harm and how will it happen? You are just waving your hands around and saying the sky is falling. Details, please.

Some of it's tongue in cheek (I hope)
There's no proof until it happens - trickle down tax breaks, etc.

If the Supreme Court shifts, though, and there's a fair chance
of that happening - liberal causes will be set back decades.

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2018, 11:24 PM
of that happening - liberal causes will be set back decades.You say this as if it's a bad thing.

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 11:27 PM
You say this as if it's a bad thing.

You betcha

Clocker
02-12-2018, 11:29 PM
of that happening - liberal causes will be set back decades.

You say that like it's a bad thing. You mean it might put an end to ever more restrictive gun control laws that have no impact on crime?

That it might put an end to ever more restrictive attempts to regulate the temperature of the planet?

That it might put an end to the ever increasing regulatory costs imposed on our health care system?

That it might put an end to the ever increasing strangle-hold that public sector unions have on our state and local governments and on our public education system?

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 11:34 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. You mean it might put an end to ever more restrictive gun control laws that have no impact on crime?

That it might put an end to ever more restrictive attempts to regulate the temperature of the planet?

That it might put an end to the ever increasing regulatory costs imposed on our health care system?

That it might put an end to the ever increasing strangle-hold that public sector unions have on our state and local governments and on our public education system?

Who's yelling about the sky falling now?

Clocker
02-13-2018, 12:03 AM
Who's yelling about the sky falling now?

All of those things have happened. All of them have resulted in liberal infringement on the freedoms and livelihoods of citizens, with little or no proven benefit to "society".

And still you do not provide a single example of the evils you claim will befall us under the demon Trump.

Here's a free hint. I have criticized several of Trump's proposals in detail. Find them and feel free to use them, since you seem to have none of your own.

horses4courses
02-13-2018, 12:14 AM
All of those things have happened. All of them have resulted in liberal infringement on the freedoms and livelihoods of citizens, with little or no proven benefit to "society".

And still you do not provide a single example of the evils you claim will befall us under the demon Trump.

Here's a free hint. I have criticized several of Trump's proposals in detail. Find them and feel free to use them, since you seem to have none of your own.

Too many to list, or even bother getting into with you.
Especially when you become the "patronizing creep Clocker".

Abortion, LBGT issues, concealed carry across state lines,
to name just a few. The list is endless.

What supposedly infringes upon you is purely subjective.
Trying wrapping your head around that when you whine
about how you would love to get the chance to infringe
upon my rights. It comes down to what reasonable people
want. Conservatives seem to have a hard time with that.

Clocker
02-13-2018, 02:10 AM

There are too many to list, so you can't even come up with one? In other words, you got nothing.

If you can't bother getting in to it, why bring it up in the first place?

Trying wrapping your head around that when you whine about how you would love to get the chance to infringe upon my rights.Please give one example of how anything I have said could possibly infringe on your constitutional rights. You just keep tossing out generalities with nary a fact nor specific point. Just more empty echoing of the liberal party line without regard to facts.

JustRalph
02-13-2018, 04:41 AM
Book this thread under whining.......

I just heard RBG cough........must check the news wire

Tom
02-13-2018, 09:26 AM
just makes me chuckle when the left starts talking about values :lol:

Yes, we should have warned them "DON"T TRY THIS AT HOME"

horsey just posting vulgarity to earn himself lib-creds.
Immunity to adulthood allows this kind of behavior.

Tom
02-13-2018, 09:29 AM
yes, I heard Trump is thinking of sending Hundreds of Millions in CASH to Iran so they could give Millions to Hezbollah for their righteous pursuits on world equality.

this will do to all regular Americans in the long run.

Yes, ignore that, lemmings.

Tom
02-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

Lib/English English/Lib dictionary translates this to

"Crap, he's got me. Called my bluff. Time to play the indignant card and get away.":pound::pound::pound::pound:

Tom
02-13-2018, 09:35 AM
Trying wrapping your head around that when you whine about how you would love to get the chance to infringe upon my rights.

1. Stop killing your babies
2. Stop stealing my money
3. Stop telling me how I get my health care
4. Stop telling me how to run my business.
5. Stop giving away our sovereignty

My gawd, what a bunch of freaking NAZIS we righties could be if only we had the chance!!