PDA

View Full Version : Race Replays

TravisVOX
08-23-2004, 10:01 AM
I would like to archive race replays to have them on call, whenever I want, to view a trip etc.

I requested a sample earlier this year from RaceDVD and was unimpressed. The quality was poor... "jiggly" and "blurry," I don't understand why it was like that.

Are there any other options? I realize Racereplays.com and DRF have the service, but I want them at my discretion... not limited by my subscription etc.

Does anyone have any source/ideas/methods? I could record... but FSNY is so unreliable with the programming...

Thanks...

Travis

PS - If worse comes to worse, does anyone record off the TV onto DVD?

wes
08-23-2004, 10:38 AM
YouBet offers replays. You may want to check them out.

wes

Whirlaway
08-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Streaming video replays pretty much stink. The basic problem is that good quality replays run about 50 Megabytes per race, making them unsuitable for streaming (streaming replays are no more than 10-12 MB per race).

I use a video capture card to record to disk in .mpg format. The video capture card and a 100 Gigabyte hard disk were about $150.

TravisVOX
08-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Whirlaway...

Does the quality come out decent? What type of card?

JustRalph
08-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by TravisVOX
Whirlaway...

Does the quality come out decent? What type of card?

http://www.realworldtechsupport.com/race.mp2

download the above to see how my card works. It is two years old.......I left sound out of this for reasons of size.......

right click on the link and choose "save target as" to download it.

then play it locally...........to see what it looks like when not streamed. this is only about the first quarter of the race. But you can jack up the quality some more , but it takes up more space. For purposes of this excercise I left it about 3/4 quality without sound. This is a race from TVG at Delmar today.........This entire race at this quality could be up to a hundred megs.......but this was an 11 furlong affair..........if it happens to download as an mp3 file..........just rename it as an mp2 file and run it with media player.

ceejay
08-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Bris offers them free to subscribers (magna tracks excluded).

Whirlaway
08-24-2004, 12:19 AM
I have a Leadtek card, which has a few eccentricities that I don't like but overall works well. There are lots of brands. Quality is almost but not quite as good as TV.

JustRalph
08-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Whirlaway
I have a Leadtek card, which has a few eccentricities that I don't like but overall works well.

I would agree with that.......they all act a little goofy from time to time.........and they love to suck up the ram!

TravisVOX
08-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the file... will check it out. Off to school today, once everything is setup I'll be able to roll with this replay idea. Thanks again.