PDA

View Full Version : The Deficit

elysiantraveller
02-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Not that anyone cares about it anymore...

Reuters; Expected to pass $1 Trillion (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fiscal/u-s-budget-deficit-to-top-1-trillion-in-2019-budget-experts-idUSKBN1FI2P2)

Clocker
02-03-2018, 11:45 PM

Why should anyone care? The people spending the money are living well, they have good salaries, perks and pensions, and they will never have to deal with the consequences of their decisions.

Big Russ
02-04-2018, 09:01 AM

Reuters; Expected to pass $1 Trillion (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fiscal/u-s-budget-deficit-to-top-1-trillion-in-2019-budget-experts-idUSKBN1FI2P2)

Eventually, reality will bite us big time. We can forget about our politicians trying to fix the problem. For the most part, all they want to do is get re-elected, and keep "we the people" fighting among ourselves. They seem to have done a great job of doing that, and frankly, the only hope I have left is that I hope I'm gone before total meltdown occurs.

barahona44
02-04-2018, 09:22 AM
I shudder to think what happens when the economy sours."Spend it for a rainy day" is the new mantra. This is the time to be cutting spending but even with one party in control of all three policy bodies, nothing will change.Put it on Daddy's ( the taxpayers) credit card and keep kicking that can down the road

.And somebody tell Dick Cheney that, yes, deficits DO matter.

zico20
02-04-2018, 10:11 AM
This article is full of crap. It says Obama had four years of trillion dollar deficits due to the recession and the financial crisis. The recession ended in June of 2009. Everyone knows the economy booms after a recession ends, there was no need to spend like a drunken sailor.

Also, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are responsible for half of our spending. When Democrats say this is off limits, they have no desire to get the deficit under control. Same goes for some Republicans who don't want to touch it. The problem is when Republicans talk about reforming and reducing the future spending growth of these three Democrats scream people will die and they want to take away your Social Security. Until these three are addressed the deficits will continue to soar, unless we can achieve 5 percent GDP every year, which is unlikely.

Tom
02-04-2018, 10:18 AM
We survived 0bama - we can survive anything.

Many new jobs and rising wages translate to more tax revenue.
Hardly time to be crying wolf - let the economy continue its climb and see what happens.

Tom
02-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Social Security is OUR money coming back to us.

Start cutting spending on thing that are not already owned by others.

SS - hands off, period.

chadk66
02-04-2018, 10:40 AM
liberals never care about deficits unless a republican is in office :pound:That being said I think the major spending cuts will be coming after the mid terms. And if the dems do as well as they think they're going to do they can lead the way in deficit reduction. We all know how that's going to play out :lol:

lamboguy
02-04-2018, 10:55 AM
i remember when Al Gore campaigned. he was saying that if he got elected he would put social security in a lock box.

2 years later after he didn't win, the Congress raided the social security money and social security became more insolvent than what it already was. Obama got elected and followed the same rotten policy that G. Bush had. now Trump campaigned against other Republicans saying that people paid in and they shouldn't get screwed. so far he hasn't done anything on it, but i suspect he will and that will be a major fight with his very own party. i am saying he will do something because he seems to be doing what he promised before he got elected. he definitely does not want to cut benefits, unlike Mcconnel and Ryan.

chadk66
02-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Trump has had his plate pretty full. I think things like this will definitely be addressed in the near future.

zico20
02-04-2018, 11:58 AM
liberals never care about deficits unless a republican is in office :pound:That being said I think the major spending cuts will be coming after the mid terms. And if the dems do as well as they think they're going to do they can lead the way in deficit reduction. We all know how that's going to play out :lol:

What major spending cuts are you talking about?

Clocker
02-04-2018, 12:01 PM
What major spending cuts are you talking about?

If the Dems propose a 10% spending increase and the GOP cuts it back to a 5% increase, that is a spending cut in Washington.

boxcar
02-04-2018, 01:11 PM
Trump has had his plate pretty full. I think things like this will definitely be addressed in the near future.

Oh...Trump most definitely has Social Security on his radar for his second term.

Tom
02-04-2018, 05:21 PM
We will march on DC if he tries.
SS is our money. End of story.
I have a bucket of tar and a bag of feathers in my garage.

woodtoo
02-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Where is the pitchfork?:D

Tom
02-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Where is the pitchfork?:D

It will be in his ass!

Clocker
02-04-2018, 05:35 PM
From former OMB Director David Stockman:

The US economy is threatened by two giant problems which cause all others to pale into insignificance.

We are referring to a rogue central bank that has become an absolute enemy of capitalist prosperity and a fiscal doomsday machine that is hostage to the ceaseless budgetary demands of the Warfare State, the Welfare State and the Baby Boom's demographic imperatives.

For instance, in his triumphalist SOTU, the Donald didn't utter so much as a single syllable about the Fed, the budget, entitlements, the $1 trillion per year deficits looming ahead or the nation's soaring public debt. Yet after omitting virtually everything which counts, he went on to crow about how he is making America Great Again (MAGA) by making better trade deals and borrowing untold sums from future generations.

That is to say, when he did veer into fiscal territory it was to demand repeal of the sequester caps, which are the one thing that has slightly braked runaway spending, and to boast about his own favorite deficit financed twins: The $1.5 trillion tax cut already passed and the additional $1.5 trillion infrastructure boondoggle he proposed to lob on top.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-04/stockman-exposes-two-elephants-room-gop-has-completely-forgotten

Clocker
02-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Oh...Trump most definitely has Social Security on his radar for his second term.

But does he have a second term on his radar?

davew
02-04-2018, 10:41 PM
But does he have a second term on his radar?

He does, but 0bama is going to campaign against him.

Clocker
02-04-2018, 10:55 PM
I doubt the reality of the first part, and the relevance of the second. Obama has become the historic black equivalent of Jimmy Carter.

mostpost
02-04-2018, 11:00 PM
You have that backwards. Republicans only care about deficits when Democrats are in office. When Republicans get in office they cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors then blame Democrats for the deficit when the Dems return to power.

Tom
02-04-2018, 11:05 PM
Speaking of deficits, hello mostie!

davew
02-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Right now, when the government can borrow money at very low interest rates, there is no big problem with repayment, as they can roll-over for years. It is not like a revolving balance on a credit card with people paying 10%, 18%, 23%, ... and trying to get it paid off.

When the debt gets very high, there are government assets that can be sold such as the 28% of USA land owned by the government.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Map_of_all_U.S._Federal_Land.jpg/450px-Map_of_all_U.S._Federal_Land.jpg

If that does not work, then inflation could be used to make old debt very small compared to current revenues. That assumes that government CAN run on positive cash flow.

PS Do you feel Trump will double the debt during his 8 years like 0bama did?

chadk66
02-05-2018, 09:28 AM
You have that backwards. Republicans only care about deficits when Democrats are in office. When Republicans get in office they cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors then blame Democrats for the deficit when the Dems return to power.that explains why so many blue states are near bankrupt:lol:

elysiantraveller
02-05-2018, 01:08 PM
I don't know where all these Trump spending cuts are coming from. He hasn't given any indication it's on the agenda as he aims for a $1-1.5 Trillion Infrastructure plan. He hopes to have anywhere from 50-80% privately funded depending on the source but I haven't heard anything from any level of the government indicating a deficit reduction.

davew
02-05-2018, 02:35 PM
I doubt the reality of the first part, and the relevance of the second. Obama has become the historic black equivalent of Jimmy Carter.

You underestimate the 'popularity' of 0bama. He is the most popular president since Bill Clinton.

reckless
02-06-2018, 06:49 AM

I would just love the 2020 election to pit President Donald J. Trump versus the policies and record of one Barry Obama. This 'campaign', so to speak, will result in The Donald's final and complete eradication of America's Biggest Mistake.

But it will not happen simply because Barry O lacks the will, the brainzs and the ballz to compete despite 100+ per cent support by the discredited media. Plus, since Trump, the country realizes how large a loser Barry's failed tenure actually was.

And note, Barry's probable surrogates are an even bigger joke -- Corey Booker, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris ...

Bring it on!

Saratoga_Mike
02-06-2018, 11:37 AM
You have that backwards. Republicans only care about deficits when Democrats are in office. When Republicans get in office they cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors then blame Democrats for the deficit when the Dems return to power.

Sorry, but there's tremendous hypocrisy on the deficit issue from both sides.

Clocker
02-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Sorry, but there's tremendous hypocrisy on the deficit issue from both sides.

Many Democrats are pretty honest about it. They want to tax a lot more and spend a lot more. Irrational, but honest.

davew
02-06-2018, 12:33 PM
I would just love the 2020 election to pit President Donald J. Trump versus the policies and record of one Barry Obama. This 'campaign', so to speak, will result in The Donald's final and complete eradication of America's Biggest Mistake.

But it will not happen simply because Barry O lacks the will, the brainzs and the ballz to compete despite 100+ per cent support by the discredited media. Plus, since Trump, the country realizes how large a loser Barry's failed tenure actually was.

And note, Barry's probable surrogates are an even bigger joke -- Corey Booker, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris ...

Bring it on!

The dims will not be running on 0bamas policies, but will be using his charisma in the campaign for whomever...

elysiantraveller
02-07-2018, 05:08 PM
w00t!

At least some conservatives still understand fiscal responsibility.

Deficit Hawks slam budget deal. (https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/07/conservatives-slam-budget-deal-397452)

FantasticDan
02-07-2018, 05:21 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/961328801824301059

reckless
02-07-2018, 05:27 PM
w00t!

At least some conservatives still understand fiscal responsibility.

Deficit Hawks slam budget deal. (https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/07/conservatives-slam-budget-other.deal-397452)

Chuck Schumer made it a point to say that Trump was no where to be found when this deal was made. He said Trump had no input whatsoever to bringing the two sides together. If I didn't see Schumer say this myself and read the post I would have figured elysy would have blamed Trump for this horrible deal... my, my.

Never forget when the two major parties get along ... well that means just one thing: the taxpayer-citizen gets screwed one way or the other.

reckless
02-07-2018, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/961328801824301059

FanDan... where have you been all these years?

Ever since the Pappy Bush days the GOP has proven that they were never in favor of fiscal order and responsibility. That was a big GOP lie, just like securing the border and building a wall was a big fat lie.

You knew that... just like all good conservatives who knew that also.

Tom
02-07-2018, 05:47 PM
FanDan... where have you been all these years?

Wandering around in cyberspace, looking for cool things to post.

Clocker
02-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Chuck Schumer made it a point to say that Trump was no where to be found when this deal was made. He said Trump had no input whatsoever to bringing the two sides together. If I didn't see Schumer say this myself and read the post I would have figured elysy would have blamed Trump for this horrible deal... my, my.

McConnell today:

“This bill is the product of extensive negotiations among Congressional leaders and the White House. No one would suggest it is perfect," he acknowledged.https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/mcconnell-schumer-strike-2-year-budget-deal-avert-shutdown/

davew
02-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Fandimbot, could you post a tweet about Nancy Pelosi's epic House speech? I heard it is 8 hours so far, and no signs of stopping soon....

FantasticDan
02-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Fandimbot, could you post a tweet about Nancy Pelosi's epic House speech? I heard it is 8 hours so far, and no signs of stopping soon....
Why certainly!

https://twitter.com/RepJoeKennedy/status/961374356122333186

https://twitter.com/RepTedLieu/status/961366537595703296

FantasticDan
02-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Wandering around in cyberspace, looking for cool things to post.
Just took a selfie! :ThmbUp:

http://distance-educator.com/wp-content/uploads/Virtual_Reality.jpeg

Clocker
02-07-2018, 06:28 PM
On the House Floor with Leader @NancyPelosi (https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi) sharing stories

That's why we really need strong government leadership, for sharing stories. Because a few heart-wrenching stories are always more important in considering policy and legislation than the reality of the country and the common good.

FantasticDan
02-07-2018, 06:32 PM
That's why we really need strong government leadership, for sharing stories.Hey, ya gotta fill :8: hours with something, right? Be thankful she didn't dip into Cher's catalogue :ThmbUp:

Tom
02-07-2018, 06:40 PM
That's why we really need strong government leadership, for sharing stories. Because a few heart-wrenching stories are always more important in considering policy and legislation than the reality of the country and the common good.

That bitch is a disgrace to the country.
The GOP needs to grow a set of balls shut the GD government down tight.

Whatever they come up with Trump needs to VETO it. Period.

As far as DACA goes - Hell no! Deport them ALLLLLLLLL!
Enough of this liberal nonsense.

Clocker
02-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Hey, ya gotta fill :8: hours with something, right? Be thankful she didn't dip into Cher's catalogue :ThmbUp:

I would suggest that Pelosi could provide more benefit to her constituents and the country by filling 8 hours with sitting on a bench on Fisherman's Wharf feeding the sea gulls.

chadk66
02-07-2018, 07:07 PM
They start deporting those DACAns and you'll see the dems come around to the presidents way of thinking in a hell of a hurry.

elysiantraveller
02-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Never forget when the two major parties get along ... well that means just one thing: the taxpayer-citizen gets screwed one way or the other.

I'm not going to debate the White House's involvement as clocker addressed it already. However if you think this president gives a damn about the debt or deficit I'll raise you a bunch of statements he's given verifying he doesn't.

Post wasn't anti-Trump it was me expressing satisfaction some might hold form against ballooning the debt more.

Clocker
02-09-2018, 01:00 PM
However if you think this president gives a damn about the debt or deficit I'll raise you a bunch of statements he's given verifying he doesn't.

Post wasn't anti-Trump it was me expressing satisfaction some might hold form against ballooning the debt more.

The government officially shut down last night or early this morning until the House passed the budget bill. With 67 Republicans voting against it, the bill passed because 73 House Democrats voted for it. Imagine how bad a GOP budget bill is that can get 73 Dem votes.

Early this morning, Congress passed and President Trump signed a deal to avert a government shutdown for another two years by basically giving the Democrats all the spending they wanted and increasing discretionary spending by $150 billion a year.

There are also reports that Republicans are working on a bill to bail out Obamacare, and we haven’t even gotten to Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan yet.

A lot of us on the right have spent the first year of the Trump administration trying to puzzle through his overall impact. On regulation and taxes, he has been much better than expected. In his personal style and messaging, he has been exactly as bad as we feared, and he never seems to learn. But on the most important issue of the era — whether or not we make peace with Big Government — he has now definitively failed.

Yet Trump is just a symptom. Republican leaders forged this agreement and passed it because the message sent by Donald Trump’s rise to the presidency is that the Republican base no longer cares about fiscal discipline or the size of government
http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/09/the-gop-budget-deal-throws-fiscal-sanity-out-the-overton-window/

elysiantraveller
02-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Yup.

1 year in and we've doubled the deficit. Before he actually spends any real money. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clocker
02-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Before he actually spends any real money.

Trump appears to be delaying or compromising on The Wall. The White House budget, to be submitted to Congress on Monday, reportedly asks for $3 billion to build 60 miles of "bollard fence" along the border.

Can't wait to see the tap dancing around the difference between "fence" and "wall". :popcorn:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-budget-wall/trump-budget-to-include-3-billion-for-border-wall-official-idUSKBN1FT09M

Saratoga_Mike
02-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Yup.

1 year in and we've doubled the deficit. Before he actually spends any real money. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He was held hostage by the Dems - see his latest Twitter blather. Funny, I can't understand how such a gifted bullsh*t artist, I mean negotiator, can't outmaneuver Pelosi et al.

elysiantraveller
02-09-2018, 02:06 PM
He was held hostage by the Dems - see his latest Twitter blather. Funny, I can't understand how such a gifted bullsh*t artist, I mean negotiator, can't outmaneuver Pelosi et al.

Can't wait for the spin around these parts.

Deficit skyrockets, Obamacare is going to get a bailout, Amnesty everywhere, 10 feet higher...:lol:

Clocker
02-09-2018, 02:08 PM

You have to have the support of your own people before you can deal effectively with the opposition.

Trump tweeted:

Without more Republicans in Congress, we were forced to increase spending on things we do not like or want in order to finally, after many years of depletion, take care of our Military. Sadly, we needed some Dem votes for passage. Must elect more Republicans in 2018 Election!They needed Democrats to pass it because nearly 30% of the Republicans in the House voted against it.

PaceAdvantage
02-09-2018, 02:10 PM
I don't like this one bit. Trump seems to have peaked...better hold that military parade NOW! :pound:

Clocker
02-09-2018, 02:26 PM
I don't like this one bit. Trump seems to have peaked...better hold that military parade NOW! :pound:

Trump and the "Republican" Congress have achieved just about all of their agenda that can be done with executive orders and congressional reconciliation. From here on out, anything Yuge is going to require some big compromises with the Dems.

Trump seems to think that he can make a deal with the Dems on DACA. The Dems are looking for a lot more than Trump imagines. Pelosi's screed in the House yesterday is just the tip of the ice berg.

lamboguy
02-09-2018, 02:27 PM
you got to love Trump. he is the right man for this job because of his vast experience with bankruptcies. before he got elected we couldn't pay the $20 trillion we owe in a million years. now he is piling on to the debt. if the economy takes off we can put a good dent into the debt, if it doesn't (that would be my guess) we owe more and we go into plan b and just not pay what is owed. if the factories come back here and we sell our goods to the rest of the world the plan has a shot of working, but its no big deal if it doesn't work either.

elysiantraveller
02-09-2018, 02:43 PM
you got to love Trump. he is the right man for this job because of his vast experience with bankruptcies. before he got elected we couldn't pay the $20 trillion we owe in a million years. now he is piling on to the debt. if the economy takes off we can put a good dent into the debt, if it doesn't (that would be my guess) we owe more and we go into plan b and just not pay what is owed. if the factories come back here and we sell our goods to the rest of the world the plan has a shot of working, but its no big deal if it doesn't work either.

So... pull a Greece?

Other crazy thought would be to quit adding to the debt and reform entitlements... but hey that would require making tough decisions right?

lamboguy
02-09-2018, 02:48 PM
So... pull a Greece?

Other crazy thought would be to quit adding to the debt and reform entitlements... but hey that would require making tough decisions right?if you take away the welfare that the bankers get the place will fall apart. that was the original mistake years ago. its like taking heroin away from a junkie. if they get rid of the fractional banking system, the people that have their money in the banks will never see the cash!

Clocker
02-09-2018, 02:56 PM
you got to love Trump. he is the right man for this job because of his vast experience with bankruptcies.

Great. He lost a lot of other people's money and came out smelling like a rose.

if the economy takes off we can put a good dent into the debt, if it doesn't (that would be my guess) we owe more and we go into plan b and just not pay what is owed. If the economy takes off, we might be lucky enough to put a good dent in the annual deficit that the tax cut just created. The debt will continue to increase, but maybe at a little slower rate.

Plan B for Trump, as for all politicians, is to kick the can down the road, retire fat and happy, and let the next guy or the next generation deal with it. Two primary rules of politics: never let the bill come due while you are still in office, and always blame it on the other party.

boxcar
02-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Yup.

The Dems don't care. They can't get enough money to spend. At least a lot of Repugs did care and Trump does.

davew
02-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Yup.

you are spinning

http://www.crfb.org/sites/default/files/title_graph.png

Clocker
02-09-2018, 03:15 PM
At least a lot of Repugs did care

That would be the 30% of House Republicans that voted against the bill? What evidence, beyond Trump's tweet blaming the Dems, that he cares?

elysiantraveller
02-09-2018, 03:28 PM
you are spinning

http://www.crfb.org/sites/default/files/title_graph.png

I'm not.

Your chart is from 2014.

Here you go. (http://www.crfb.org/blogs/budget-deal-would-assure-permanent-trillion-dollar-deficits)

Clocker
02-10-2018, 05:40 PM
The Republicans in Congress finally quit pretending that they care about the deficit, and Trump never did care. To make it all official, Rush Limbaugh gives fiscal conservatism the last rites.

I probably should not admit this, because it changes for me day to day. But I have to tell you, this whole budget thing, I think I’m immune to it now. I realized I’ve been caught up in this budget business for as long as I’ve been hosting this program, and I realized a couple things.

…I know theoretically all this is bad, but in the real world all of the apocalyptic warnings I grew up hearing have yet to happen. The national debt has not choked us. The national debt is not destroyed us. We may be living in the middle of the destruction and don’t see it yet, but for some reason I didn’t get caught up in it. https://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2018/02/10/limbaugh-head-gop-party-of-hypocrites/

elysiantraveller
02-10-2018, 06:02 PM
The Republicans in Congress finally quit pretending that they care about the deficit, and Trump never did care. To make it all official, Rush Limbaugh gives fiscal conservatism the last rites.

https://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2018/02/10/limbaugh-head-gop-party-of-hypocrites/

There is sooo much right about that piece I stopped and did a slow clap after reading it.

Clocker
02-10-2018, 06:30 PM
There is sooo much right about that piece I stopped and did a slow clap after reading it.

As she points out, and as few "on the right" here or elsewhere will admit, the GOP just did what they have been railing and screaming against for 8 years.

And Trump went along with it without a whimper. But hey, he still has 7 years to fulfill his promise to eliminate the debt by the end of his second term.

Tom
02-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Trump and the GOP failed miserably.
Worst possible thing the two could have done.
Neither did a damn thing to avoid it.

Congratulation, Donald, you are now officially THE Swamp.
Go drain yourself, ass-hat.

No leadership, no balls, no integrity. You are truly a republican.
:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::puke:

Clocker
02-11-2018, 12:19 AM
No leadership, no balls, no integrity. You are truly a republican.

No, Trump was and is a Democrat. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Democrats believe that big government is the answer to the country's problems. Trump believes in big government. The difference between The Donald and The Hillary was their vision of big government.

Hillary's vision was much more pure socialist, with lots of free stuff for all. Trump's vision is also big government, but more focused on a managed economy, with him at the helm, with trade barriers to keep out foreign competition and tariffs to manipulate prices and the government propping up companies to promote American jobs. (Anyone remember Carrier of Indiana, Trump's first venture into international trade? How did that work out?) In short, Trump thinks he can run the country. Hillary thought she could run the country. They can't. No president can.

Sadly, McConnell and Ryan and a majority of the "Republicans" in Congress are turning into Democrat Lites. And true Republicans like Rand Paul are treated like extremists.

Tom
02-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Reagan had his three legged stool of conservatism.

The new GOP has their own

1. Lie
2. Steal
3. Cowardice

Represented in real time by Trump, Ryan, McConnell

Today's politics is a two-headed coin, one side dems, the other repubs. Both the same, both worthless.

Time for a tea party revival.
This time, bring BYOM.

Clocker
02-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Financial analysts are forecasting higher interest rates as a result of the budget bill.

The tax cuts bill and increase in government spending come as the economy is expanding, which some also criticize.

“Deficit-financed tax cuts and now government spending increases in a full-employment economy is poor economic policy,” said Mark Zandi, chief economist with Moody’s Analytics.

He predicted soaring interest rates.

“The Federal Reserve will have little choice but to raise short-term rates more aggressively, and the Fed tightening combined with the increased government borrowing will drive up long-term rates more quickly,” he added. “Lawmakers are doing the opposite of what economic textbooks suggest they should be doing.”
Higher interest rates mean the government will be paying more to borrow to finance the deficit, which will mean even more debt. :rolleyes:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/373277-trump-gop-at-new-crossroads-on-deficit

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 04:00 PM
That tax plan was gonna grow the economy at such a rate any revenue loss was gonna be offset by economic growth!

Or did you not really buy that either? ;)

Lemon Drop Husker
02-11-2018, 06:34 PM
That tax plan was gonna grow the economy at such a rate any revenue loss was gonna be offset by economic growth!

Or did you not really buy that either? ;)

Not sure where your "double the debt" bullshit comes from. Even the site you put forth says a max $1.7 Trillion over the next 10 years.

Much smaller than the $9 trillion Obamacrap added the previous 8 years. Yes. In just 8 years.

I'm not a fan of a lot of things, but complete bullshit is certainly one of those. Quit posting complete bullshit.

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Not sure where your "double the debt" bullshit comes from. Even the site you put forth says a max $1.7 Trillion over the next 10 years.

Much smaller than the $9 trillion Obamacrap added the previous 8 years. Yes. In just 8 years.

I'm not a fan of a lot of things, but complete bullshit is certainly one of those. Quit posting complete bullshit.

Doubled the debt? Where did I say that?

Doubled the D-E-F-I-C-I-T.

Anything else you got wrong I need to clear up? Surprised that one tripped you up since it's the title of the thread... I started.

Pretty sure you aren't a fan of the debt or D-E-F-I-C-I-T either so I'm sure you're boy is letting you down too huh?

Since you are so pleasant though here you go. (http://www.crfb.org/blogs/bipartisan-budget-act-means-return-trillion-dollar-deficits)

Based on the score from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the budget deal would increase next year's deficits to roughly $1.2 trillion. Annual deficits would remain over $1 trillion indefinitely.

PS) The New Link is an updated report from the old one about deficits.

PPS) Trump's now on pace to beat him if he gets 8 years btw. ;)

PPPS) #winning

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Cool...guess I should have voted for Hillary.

Damn.

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 07:48 PM

Damn.

There it is!

The Trump is above all criticism because he isn't Hillary card.

You did have a problem with this very issue when Obama was President though didn't you?

You hate democrats so much but at least they're intellectually honest enough to admit (or their supporters aren't too stupid to understand, flip a coin in this case) you need to actually take in money to keep spending it.

45 days ago when everyone was patting themselves on the back about how great Trump was with the tax plan I said I'd wait and see since he hadn't spent any money yet. Woulda though I had a third eye with that comment then.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Doubled the debt? Where did I say that?

Doubled the D-E-F-I-C-I-T.

Anything else you got wrong I need to clear up? Surprised that one tripped you up since it's the title of the thread... I started.

Pretty sure you aren't a fan of the debt or D-E-F-I-C-I-T either so I'm sure you're boy is letting you down too huh?

Since you are so pleasant though here you go. (http://www.crfb.org/blogs/bipartisan-budget-act-means-return-trillion-dollar-deficits)

PS) The New Link is an updated report from the old one about deficits.

PPS) Trump's now on pace to beat him if he gets 8 years btw. ;)

PPPS) #winning

The great and grand CBO also scored Obamacare very highly.

Why should ANYBODY ever listen to that crap scoring system ever again?

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 08:15 PM
There it is!

The Trump is above all criticism because he isn't Hillary card.

You did have a problem with this very issue when Obama was President though didn't you?

You hate democrats so much but at least they're intellectually honest enough to admit (or their supporters aren't too stupid to understand, flip a coin in this case) you need to actually take in money to keep spending it.

45 days ago when everyone was patting themselves on the back about how great Trump was with the tax plan I said I'd wait and see since he hadn't spent any money yet. Woulda though I had a third eye with that comment then.a) you have no idea how this is ultimately going to turn out. You can throw any stupid projection at me that you want, go ahead...means NOTHING at the moment.

b) I never said Trump was above all criticism. Stop your BS nonsense

c) I'm pretty sure if you do a search of my posts, you won't come across me having a problem with this very issue when Obama was president. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure...

All your other stuff that I didn't cover in a,b,c is just too nonsensical to even begin to decipher.

fast4522
02-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Our strike fighters and aircraft carriers can now get the parts they so desperately need, give it six months our CBO posting friend will be pissing and moaning louder than ever before. Much will occur that will cause him nausea, policy can be a bitch.

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 08:26 PM

Committee For a Responsible Budget.

Here (https://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2018/01/31/trumps-sotu-an-even-bigger-budget-deficit-and-national-debt-are-on-the-way/#5da864c550da) is one from Forbes.

But again I don't even know why you are debating this. We were running a $500-600 billion dollar deficit. Then issued a tax cut. Then tacked on another $500-600 billion in spending for the next two years.

And all of this is before the great wall or infrastructure deal. You think this is all fake? Seriously?

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 08:32 PM
a) you have no idea how this is ultimately going to turn out. You can throw any stupid projection at me that you want, go ahead...means NOTHING at the moment.

b) I never said Trump was above all criticism. Stop your BS nonsense

c) I'm pretty sure if you do a search of my posts, you won't come across me having a problem with this very issue when Obama was president. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure...

All your other stuff that I didn't cover in a,b,c is just too nonsensical to even begin to decipher.

A):lol::lol:

How "all of this is going to play out..." They passed a budget. It played out.

B) Then why the Hillary quip? Gotta swing in with that instead of an argument other than the hilarious one above... I suppose.

C) After all the shit I've gotten on here from virtually everyone it's nice finally seeing some of these idiots beginning to see what they actually got. Christ even Tom is turning and I consider that SOB lunatic ( NO offense Tom). Never thought I'd say this but he's got more sense than you idiots.

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 08:37 PM
:lol::lol:

How "all of this is going to play out..."

:lol::lol::lol:

They passed a budget.

It played out.Oh, right...so they have already taken in all the revenue they will take in under the new tax rules...all the new employment...all the other stuff that is churning around out there...and they know FOR CERTAIN just how much more has been added to the D E F I C I T

Good to know. Thanks.

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Our strike fighters and aircraft carriers can now get the parts they so desperately need, give it six months our CBO posting friend will be pissing and moaning louder than ever before. Much will occur that will cause him nausea, policy can be a bitch.

What more spending?

Clocker
02-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Our strike fighters and aircraft carriers can now get the parts they so desperately need

Desperately needed because the Pentagon has already cut spending and waste to the bone.

Or not.

The Pentagon has buried an internal study that exposed $125 billion in administrative waste in its business operations amid fears Congress would use the findings as an excuse to slash the defense budget, according to interviews and confidential memos obtained by The Washington Post.

Pentagon leaders had requested the study to help make their enormous back-office bureaucracy more efficient and reinvest any savings in combat power. But after the project documented far more wasteful spending than expected, senior defense officials moved swiftly to kill it by discrediting and suppressing the results.

The report, issued in January 2015, identified “a clear path” for the Defense Department to save $125 billion over five years. The plan would not have required layoffs of civil servants or reductions in military personnel. Instead, it would have streamlined the bureaucracy through attrition and early retirements, curtailed high-priced contractors and made better use of information technology.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/pentagon-buries-evidence-of-125-billion-in-bureaucratic-waste/2016/12/05/e0668c76-9af6-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.822d5bba1c9e

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Oh, right...so they have already taken in all the revenue they will take in under the new tax rules...all the new employment...all the other stuff that is churning around out there...and they know FOR CERTAIN just how much more has been added to the D E F I C I T

Good to know. Thanks.

$700 billion?

You're a goddamn moron and a hypocrite Mike.

Even Rush and Trump admit what's happening but okay buddy... wait and see... ;) :lol:

Clocker
02-11-2018, 09:01 PM

Probably would have been better for the country. A lot less gets done when one party has the White House and the other has Congress, and that's usually a good thing.

The GOP Congress would certainly never have given Hillary anything near this budget.

kingfin66
02-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Reagan had his three legged stool of conservatism.

The new GOP has their own

1. Lie
2. Steal
3. Cowardice

Represented in real time by Trump, Ryan, McConnell

Today's politics is a two-headed coin, one side dems, the other repubs. Both the same, both worthless.

Time for a tea party revival.
This time, bring BYOM.

1. Raise taxes

2. Amnesty for illegals

3. Iran-Contra

Tom
02-11-2018, 09:12 PM
1. stupid idea
2. stupider idea
3. not such a bad idea

Hey,here' a thought.
Divide the deficit by the number of DACAs.
That is the price for them to stay here.

Win Win

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 09:30 PM
$700 billion?

Even Rush and Trump admit what's happening but okay buddy... wait and see... ;) :lol:Whatever you say pal. Keep making shit up though...whatever gets you to "being right" for a change, I guess.

Because that's what is most important to you...I mean, I can't believe you came crawling back here after disappearing all that time when you were so dead wrong.

But now that "you're right" for a change (and I'm not even convinced that you are, about anything you think you're "right" about), you come in here and stomp around like a total arrogant son of a bitch.

Congrats man...you win! :pound:

davew
02-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Maybe there should be a national sales tax, so that the 30-40 million 'visitors' to this country can pay for some/more of their upkeep.

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 09:42 PM
$700 billion?

Even Rush and Trump admit what's happening but okay buddy... wait and see... ;) :lol:If I'm wrong, should I run away and hide for a few months until I can come up with something I'm correct about again? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 09:50 PM
Let me let you in on a little secret as my final gift to this thread tonight...I don't give a rats ass about Trump. But I just love how he pisses off virtually everyone else but me...THAT'S what I like about him.

fast4522
02-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Let me let you in on a little secret as my final gift to this thread tonight...I don't give a rats ass about Trump. But I just love how he pisses off virtually everyone else but me...THAT'S what I like about him.
I like the guy because of a list of things he will do, so far so so good. Maybe those that are so pissed off should invest in . . . . . . . . .

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Whatever you say pal. Keep making shit up though...whatever gets you to "being right" for a change, I guess.

Because that's what is most important to you...I mean, I can't believe you came crawling back here after disappearing all that time when you were so dead wrong.

But now that "you're right" for a change (and I'm not even convinced that you are, about anything you think you're "right" about), you come in here and stomp around like a total arrogant son of a bitch.

Congrats man...you win! :pound:

LDHs confusion over deficits and debt as well as the "bullshit" comment actually kinda started it today.

Then your wonderful shoulda voted Hillary quip.

Now the usuals are on to attacking the source as if there haven't been enough from the whole gamut of outlets brought up in this thread so far. But I'm the one making shit up... :lol:

This isn't stuff I just magically started saying 5 days ago. Even before the guy was elected several conservative anti-Obama people were saying this stuff. You wondered why all the hate then remember? THIS is exactly why. Here (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1989857&postcount=6525) is me arguing with our boy fast over this exact same issue back in May of 2016...

And maybe I have you wrong and maybe you're just someone who wants to see the world burn and that's cool if you are but this isn't partisanship anymore. Republicans who vehemently opposed the previous administrations actions, who appreciate Reagan, and markets would not support the actions of this government.

fast4522
02-11-2018, 10:17 PM
$700 billion?

Even Rush and Trump admit what's happening but okay buddy... wait and see... ;) :lol:

Mike provides the format, direct your bullshit my way or any of us. We know your not happy, just your turn champ.

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Then your wonderful shoulda voted Hillary quip.Why wouldn't you deserve a quip like that? Are you telling me you think Hillary and her administration would be more fiscally conservative than Trump?

Clocker
02-11-2018, 10:22 PM
I just love how he pisses off virtually everyone else but me...

Please! Half the posters here think he walks on water. :D

I criticize him when he deserves it, but he doesn't piss me off. I just live with the reality that people in a democracy get the government that they deserve.

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Why wouldn't you deserve a quip like that? Are you telling me you think Hillary and her administration would be more fiscally conservative than Trump?

Yes. I specifically said that. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2035625&postcount=7958)

And like Clocker said no way Republicans give up that much discretionary to her.

Wouldn't have had to this time either if Trump hadn't sided with the dems on the short term CR in September last year. But that good NYT coverage was too good to pass up. ;)

elysiantraveller
02-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Please! Half the posters here think he walks on water. :D

I criticize him when he deserves it, but he doesn't piss me off. I just live with the reality that people in a democracy get the government that they deserve.

Half?

fast4522
02-11-2018, 11:18 PM
LDHs confusion over deficits and debt as well as the "bullshit" comment actually kinda started it today.

Then your wonderful shoulda voted Hillary quip.

Now the usuals are on to attacking the source as if there haven't been enough from the whole gamut of outlets brought up in this thread so far. But I'm the one making shit up... :lol:

This isn't stuff I just magically started saying 5 days ago. Even before the guy was elected several conservative anti-Obama people were saying this stuff. You wondered why all the hate then remember? THIS is exactly why. Here (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1989857&postcount=6525) is me arguing with our boy fast over this exact same issue back in May of 2016...

And maybe I have you wrong and maybe you're just someone who wants to see the world burn and that's cool if you are but this isn't partisanship anymore. Republicans who vehemently opposed the previous administrations actions, who appreciate Reagan, and markets would not support the actions of this government.

Yes we did have that conversation, but the real problem is in order to go forward we have to give the commies and socialists more welfare spending. When President Trump is reelected some will have entered their dirtnap and it will be of no effect on them, and you and I are likely to be here beating this dead horse. Heck if they did not want to feed the whole world and stick it to the middle class it would be less cost to us. You see there is no amount they do not want to spend on that is large enough, I fail to understand why refugees that come are better covered on the middle class dime that the working middle class. Your so conservative but not really in truth, you want us to cover everything and policy with you and yours ok and it suits you just fine because we have dysfunctional government. Believe me we get it, and got you correctly. Just your turn champ, deal with it.

hcap
02-12-2018, 07:04 AM
No, Trump was and is a Democrat. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.
Trump has always been an opportunist. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

The Democrats weren't stupid enough to fall for his bull.That honor fell to the Repugs.

elysiantraveller
02-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Yes we did have that conversation, but the real problem is in order to go forward we have to give the commies and socialists more welfare spending. When President Trump is reelected some will have entered their dirtnap and it will be of no effect on them, and you and I are likely to be here beating this dead horse. Heck if they did not want to feed the whole world and stick it to the middle class it would be less cost to us. You see there is no amount they do not want to spend on that is large enough, I fail to understand why refugees that come are better covered on the middle class dime that the working middle class. Your so conservative but not really in truth, you want us to cover everything and policy with you and yours ok and it suits you just fine because we have dysfunctional government. Believe me we get it, and got you correctly. Just your turn champ, deal with it.

Your posts are now nothing more than hyperbole and recycled Trump Campaign rhetoric. Nothing actually matches the facts on the ground.

You complained about the debt. Trump just signed into law that debt hike.

You complain about the dems and spending. Trump sided with them back in September.

You complain about illegals. Trump extended DACA back in September on his own.

You hail the great deal maker in chief who has failed to repeal and replace and who in the past 6 months has been pretty well worked over by Schumer and Pelosi.

Now before he spends anymore money he is already looking at trillion dollar deficits for each year of his first term sans the first. Find a source that says he isn't.

Clocker
02-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Trump has always been an opportunist.

Birds of a feather...

http://www.liberalmountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/img_4_m.jpe

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Those were the days...

hcap
02-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Birds of a feather...

http://www.liberalmountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/img_4_m.jpeWell, lets talk some more about Hilary's emails and Clinton's affairs while the current prez is doing much, much worse. I.E. no security clearances for WH staffers, countless affairs of Trump
and his excuses for his friends and abusers galore.

Yea I guess THOSE were the days.

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2018, 12:07 PM
What are the Clintons doing hanging out and laughing it up with such a racist monster?

Clocker
02-12-2018, 12:19 PM
What are the Clintons doing hanging out and laughing it up with such a racist monster?

Bill is reaching out to check The Donald's back for the right spot for the knife.

elysiantraveller
02-12-2018, 12:35 PM

Getting campaign donations.

hcap
02-12-2018, 12:36 PM
What are the Clinton's doing hanging out and laughing it up with such a racist monster?The Clintons' may have hung out with dork in chief, but as I mentioned you repugs wound up kissing his ass and believing in his "crowd size exagerations

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2018, 01:42 PM
The Clintons' may have hung out with dork in chief, but as I mentioned you repugs wound up kissing his ass and believing in his "crowd size exagerationsClintons never kissed his ass for $$$$

I betcha they did...

hcap
02-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Clintons never kissed his ass for $$$$

I betcha they did...Trump is the opportunist of all time.
Here he is praising the Clintons

https://youtu.be/Q76rxpKm3m4

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2018, 02:02 PM
I know!

Which is why it's so shocking that the left hates him so much...he's more like them then he is someone like, say Rand Paul or Ted Cruz...

Do you think if Paul or Cruz were president, they'd be getting such constant hatred from the left and the media? I doubt it...

horses4courses
02-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Do you think if Paul or Cruz were president, they'd be getting such constant hatred from the left and the media? I doubt it...

Ohhh ho ho ho.........:lol::lol::lol:

I have to hand it to you.
That really got a good laugh out of me. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
02-12-2018, 06:15 PM
The Clintons' may have hung out with dork in chief, but as I mentioned you repugs wound up kissing his ass and believing in his "crowd size exagerations

That picture looked like a photo finish for a 3-way dead heat to me.

fast4522
02-12-2018, 09:05 PM
I know!

Which is why it's so shocking that the left hates him so much...he's more like them then he is someone like, say Rand Paul or Ted Cruz...

Neither would have been able to beat Hillary, and she proved to be very flawed in message and policy that people wanted. She had trouble beating someone who was a open communist thirty years ago who honeymooned in Russia, and was only able to do that underhandedly. They hate President Trump because he is systematically tearing apart everything they want, and they have no way of stopping him.

fast4522
02-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Your posts are now nothing more than hyperbole and recycled Trump Campaign rhetoric. Nothing actually matches the facts on the ground.

You complain about the dems and spending. Trump sided with them back in September.

You hail the great deal maker in chief who has failed to repeal and replace and who in the past 6 months has been pretty well worked over by Schumer and Pelosi.

Now before he spends anymore money he is already looking at trillion dollar deficits for each year of his first term sans the first. Find a source that says he isn't.

Really nice comeback, did I mention that I think all those social welfare programs are the waste in the spending? President Donald J. Trump owns Schumer, and Pelos by any observation is finished. We will both be posting for years on President Donald J. Trumps ability to take apart the house Kennedy built, count on it.

reckless
02-13-2018, 05:21 AM

Trump ran on many issues, as you know ... one was creating jobs. He's done that in just over a year! He ran on improving our defense and increase support for our military. This last bill does that, especially increasing pay and benefits. I guess you are against that. This new infrastructure bill boondoggle will add jobs, if you hadn't noticed.

Yes, as you say, he signed this bill. But you can't be that naive and hateful to suggest --and blame-- Trump for this entire pork-laden bill, can you. Of course you will. Just like you're implication that Trump is responsible for our $20 trillion deficit?

The GOP stopped being fiscally responsible long before both the GOP and the anti-Trump crowd became laughingstocks. A reminder: Congress writes tax and spending laws, not the president. As for Trump siding with the Dems ... well blame Mitch McConnell and the liberal wing of the GOP. They lost a bunch of GOP senate seats since 2008 -- mostly RINO slobs. And the establishment went against those conservatives that won primaries and they were against Trump too in 2016-17. You can be as selective as you want, but you have demonstrated absolutely zero political or historical acumen and perspective.

There were 3 GOP senate candidates that lost in 2016 that ran 'against' Trump. If they didn't, they'd have won and the GOP would have more leverage.

For every Roy Moore, there have been a boat load of establishment incumbents and candidates that lost in the general over the years -- McConnell's guys.

The DACA situation was required to be handled by Congress, not Trump. It is/was a legislative issue. The GOP house led by nitwits, fraidy-cats and idiots failed to do so because they lack the brains and onions to do their legislature duty. Again, by blaming Trump, you lose more credibility by the word.

Obama Care is repealed and replaced. Get over it. The tax extensions is the fault of the House. Again, see above. The GOP house lacks brains and balls to do their legislative responsibility. With no individual and employee mandate requirement makes ObamaCare r and r.

Schumer and Pelosi getting over on Trump? How stupid you sound. Sorry. Let's see in November when the GOP adds seats in both the House and Senate. Go to the bank on this. It's a lock.

This country has been in the fiscal shithole for 30+ years. Blame Trump for this all you like. You are being laughed at I assure you.

forced89
02-13-2018, 08:53 AM
Eventually, reality will bite us big time. We can forget about our politicians trying to fix the problem. For the most part, all they want to do is get re-elected....

Agree. Just wait until interest rates get back to historical levels. The cost of financing the deficit will eat up most of the Government's revenue making the deficit grow even faster.

Tom
02-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Deficits are not for the ruling elite.
Just us working peons ( or is that pee ons?)

BOTH parties know thins, both parties know they are safe.
Neither party represents us.

ISIS is nothing compared to Congress.
Nothing.

elysiantraveller
02-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Yes, as you say, he signed this bill. But you can't be that naive and hateful to suggest --and blame-- Trump for this entire pork-laden bill, can you. Of course you will. Just like you're implication that Trump is responsible for our $20 trillion deficit?

Trump sided with the Democrats back in September on a short term CR instead of staying in line with Republicans and forcing a longer term budget deal. Its well documented on here. That began setting the stage.

The GOP stopped being fiscally responsible long before both the GOP and the anti-Trump crowd became laughingstocks. A reminder: Congress writes tax and spending laws, not the president. As for Trump siding with the Dems ... well blame Mitch McConnell and the liberal wing of the GOP. They lost a bunch of GOP senate seats since 2008 -- mostly RINO slobs. And the establishment went against those conservatives that won primaries and they were against Trump too in 2016-17. You can be as selective as you want, but you have demonstrated absolutely zero political or historical acumen and perspective.

No, I don't buy into revisionist history. The liberal wing you describe was preparing to use the leverage they had to force a longer term debt deal until the President flipped sides and went with the Democrats short term option. If you recall he was really happy with all the positive press he got from NYT and WaPo.

The DACA situation was required to be handled by Congress, not Trump. It is/was a legislative issue. The GOP house led by nitwits, fraidy-cats and idiots failed to do so because they lack the brains and onions to do their legislature duty. Again, by blaming Trump, you lose more credibility by the word.

Nonsense. Trump could have just killed it. Right then and there by executive order. Check some of your super-conservative news sites. They weren't happy with the decision. Again he gave away leverage.

Obama Care is repealed and replaced. Get over it. The tax extensions is the fault of the House. Again, see above. The GOP house lacks brains and balls to do their legislative responsibility. With no individual and employee mandate requirement makes ObamaCare r and r.

Then why is it going to get more taxpayer this funding this year? Signed by Trump of course? Here you go. (http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/09/inside-giant-insurer-bailout-senate-budget-deal/)

This country has been in the fiscal shithole for 30+ years. Blame Trump for this all you like. You are being laughed at I assure you.

Year 1 (Obama Spending Levels): $550 Billion Deficit.
Year 2 (Tax Plan and Budget Deal): $1.2 Trillion Deficit.

I blame everybody... you blame everybody but your boy. ;)

barahona44
02-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Both parties know thins, both parties know they are safe.
Neither party represents us.
:pout:.

Are members of Congress elected or appointed?

A good, long look in the mirror might be in order.

Tom
02-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Are members of Congress elected or appointed?

A good, long look in the mirror might be in order.

Not at all.

I have very little to say in the process.
I am given the choice of two candidates totally beholding to the partire to vote for. My only other alternative is to write in, which I have done, or not to vote.

And I live a pathetic blue state, so my votes are easily cancelled out by brain dead people. :rolleyes:

Besides, as soon as these scumbags get into office, they only care about re-election and serving the party.

TERM LIMITS is the only viable solution to a rigged machine.

Your assumption is that there is an alternative in each election.
There is not more often than there is.

Clocker
02-13-2018, 12:16 PM

Right. They repealed the mandate and replaced it with more deficit-funded federal money. And ObamaCare is going to continue to suck up even more money into the indefinite future. I hope they don't repeal and replace any more bad programs. We can't afford it.

According to this post, everything good in the bill is purely because of Trump and everything bad is the fault of Congress.

Tom
02-13-2018, 03:11 PM
The DC shell game.
Now you are it, now you don't......your MONEY that is.

It is stealing, just not calling if ACA anymore, but still the same BS.
There is good legislation, ever.
We get tax cuts to help the economy then hughe spending to cripple it.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Saratoga_Mike
02-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Shocking that the king of debt/leverage (that would be Trump) would back such a huge increase in non-def discretionary spend. :rolleyes:

Clocker
02-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Shocking that the king of debt/leverage (that would be Trump) would back such a huge increase in non-def discretionary spend. :rolleyes:

That is now the price of defense increases. Trump wanted increased defense spending, and didn't care what the cost was. To avoid having to think about it, the Dems and the GOP have long agreed to maintain close to a 50/50 split on spending increases. When defense spending goes up, non-defense pork gets a big boost too.

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2018, 11:43 AM
Ohhh ho ho ho.........:lol::lol::lol:

I have to hand it to you.
That really got a good laugh out of me. :ThmbUp:That's exactly my point. You'd THINK they'd be getting ramrod by the media and the left wing, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as this...

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 11:03 AM
I'm shocked... shocked I say! :rolleyes:

US records biggest budget deficit since 2012 (http://thehill.com/policy/finance/378079-us-records-biggest-budget-deficit-since-2012)

The Treasury Department announced on Monday that it had recorded its largest monthly budget deficit in six years in February.

The deficit came in at $215 billion for the month, which came as revenue declined.

The department said fiscal income decreased to $156 billion, which marked a 9 percent drop from last year, while spending came in at $371 billion after it rose 2 percent.

horses4courses
03-13-2018, 11:12 AM
I'm shocked... shocked I say! :rolleyes:

US records biggest budget deficit since 2012 (http://thehill.com/policy/finance/378079-us-records-biggest-budget-deficit-since-2012)

I predict that within 18 months, and into 2020,
Americans are going to wonder why the hell
they didn't elect HRC. Too bad, so sad........

Clocker
03-13-2018, 11:20 AM

You are assuming that Americans understand and care about the deficit? :D

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2018, 11:33 AM
they didn't elect HRC. Too bad, so sad........Within 18 months?

You guys sure have come a long way...:lol:

Wasn't he supposed to be out of office already? Forget about buyer remorse...:pound:

Clocker
03-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Within 18 months?

How about in 8 months? If the Dems don't do well in November, they sure aren't going to do any better in 2020.

They need to get Hillary out on the campaign trail, using her charisma to win House seats for the Dems. :p

Just keep her away from stairs. Or a bottle.

horses4courses
03-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Within 18 months?

Wasn't he supposed to be out of office already? Forget about buyer remorse...:pound:

How quickly you forget that the economy
was sound when Trump took office.
Takes time to screw things up properly.

Tom
03-13-2018, 02:09 PM

uh...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

boxcar
03-13-2018, 03:27 PM
How about in 8 months? If the Dems don't do well in November, they sure aren't going to do any better in 2020.

They need to get Hillary out on the campaign trail, using her charisma to win House seats for the Dems. :p

Just keep her away from stairs. Or a bottle.

Actually, she better keep off her legs. It's tougher to fall out of wheelchair.

classhandicapper
03-13-2018, 04:50 PM
The deficit is ultimately going to be a problem, but primarily because of demographics and spending growth that is mandated for SS, Medicare and other programs, because of all the debt run up under Obama, and because as interest rates rise back to normal levels after having been held down artificially for many years interests costs will rise.

Tax reform and tax breaks were a very good thing, but only if spending is brought under control.

chadk66
03-13-2018, 07:48 PM
I always get a kick out of the libs suddenly caring about the deficit :lol:

davew
03-13-2018, 08:27 PM

About a third of Americans will wonder this until the day they die. You are not alone....

elysiantraveller
04-11-2018, 08:55 AM
Feds notch worst March in budget history; monthly deficit tops $200 billion (https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/6/feds-notch-worst-march-budget-history-monthly-defi/)

For every dollar spent we borrowed fifty cents.

Deficit spending for Q1 was $375 Billion. Only three left to go! :eek::eek:

Tom
04-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

:pound::pound::pound::pound:
Here's MY prediction for the next 18 months!

elysiantraveller
06-24-2018, 10:17 PM
When in doubt.... *BUMP*

Surprised this was never brought up on here...:rolleyes:

U.S. government posts $147 billion deficit in May (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-budget/u-s-government-posts-147-billion-deficit-in-may-idUSKBN1J82FN)

Economists caution that the Trump administration’s corporate and individual tax cuts along with an increase in government spending will drive up the country’s deficit despite a robust economy in which the unemployment rate has fallen to an 18-year low.

The deficit for the fiscal year, which began last October, was $532 billion, compared to a deficit of $433 billion in the same period of fiscal 2017. On an adjusted basis, the gap was $584 billion compared with $473 billion in the prior period.

Unadjusted receipts last month totaled $217 billion, down 10 percent from May 2017, while unadjusted outlays were $364 billion, a rise of 11 percent from the same month a year earlier.

Tom
06-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Don't be...you just did.

elysiantraveller
06-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Don't be...you just did.

Somebody's got to since this was a common complaint for 8 previous years I'd figure I'd keep it going.

Gotta remain consistent ya know? ;)

Tom
06-25-2018, 01:23 PM
It is still on the list, but it has dropped down due to all the BS issues the left keeps bringing up. Can't fix them all at once, so this one goes to the back burner.

Consider it a cost of having to allow democrats in government.

elysiantraveller
06-25-2018, 01:59 PM
It is still on the list, but it has dropped down due to all the BS issues the left keeps bringing up. Can't fix them all at once, so this one goes to the back burner.

Consider it a cost of having to allow democrats in government.

:pound::pound:

So the fact that revenues are down 10% and expenditures up 11% is the Democrats fault?

Jeff P
06-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Anybody remember this story from 1986?

LA Times|July 30, 1986|JACK SMITH|
$37 screws, a $7,622 coffee maker, $640 toilet seats; : suppliers to our military just won't be oversold:
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-30/news/vw-18804_1_nut

Remember when we found out that the government paid $640 each for plastic toilet seats for military airplanes? Now that was something I could feel that I personally paid for. I pay a good deal more than $640 in taxes every year, and I probably paid for several of those toilet seats. That is a concrete contribution that I can be proud of.

and: Other items offered in the catalogue include a $285 screwdriver, a $7,622 coffee maker, a $387 flat washer, a $469 wrench, a $214 flashlight, a $437 tape measure, a $2,228 monkey wrench, a $748 pair of duckbill pliers, a $74,165 aluminum ladder, a $659 ashtray and a $240- million airplane.

Pentagon Products may be a fictional company, but these prices are not. They are documented.

I suspect very little has changed in the 32 years since the above story appeared in the LA Times.

If it were up to me: There would be more of a concerted effort towards reigning in runaway government spending and eliminating government waste.

-jp

hcap
06-27-2018, 05:57 AM
CBO: US Debt Burden Set to Break Record in Early 2030s
http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/cbo-us-debt-burden-set-to-break-record-in-early-2030s

Debt as a share of the United States economy is on track to blow through the previous World War II-era record within two decades and keep rising from there, the Congressional Budget Office said in its annual long-term budget report.

Generally assuming no change in current laws, growing budget deficits would push debt held by the public from the current level of 78 percent of the economy to almost 100 percent of gross domestic product by 2028, and to 152 percent of GDP by 2048, according to the agency.

“That amount would be the highest in the nation’s history by far,” said the report, which estimates the growth of spending and revenue over the next three decades as a share of the economy. The current record for debt as a share of GDP was set in 1946 when it hit 106 percent. Debt as a share of the economy is projected to exceed that level in fiscal 2034 under the latest projections, one year earlier than in last year’s long-term budget outlook.

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2018, 10:17 AM
CBO: US Debt Burden Set to Break Record in Early 2030sAbout the same time Manhattan should be under water, no?

hcap
06-27-2018, 10:34 AM
About the same time Manhattan should be under water, no?So not only are you a climate change denier, you're a deficit economic ostrich as well?

Not to worry, same emblem works for both.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/yW19CclEuGFva/source.gif

Btw, We have cut 'our deficits by almost three-quarters,' Obama says in State of the Union

Tom
06-27-2018, 12:07 PM
Maybe he is hiding his head to escape your constant panic attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBxCY9HfGZ0

Saratoga_Mike
09-11-2018, 04:26 PM
The federal deficit hit $895 billion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2018, an increase of $222 billion, or 32 percent, over the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/406040-federal-deficit-soars-32-percent-to-895b

Hmm, in just 11 months, the deficit has increased by over $220 billion, or a little over 1% of nominal GDP. Interestingly enough, GDP growth has picked up by around 1 percentage point.

Under Obama, a much more modest increase would have caused apoplexy* among the current crowd of Trump supporters. Now? Silence. Better yet, this post might elicit a moveon.org reference. Laughable.

*One of Obama's greatest achievements was unintended -- sequestration. It actually controlled spending, much to his chagrin.

elysiantraveller
09-11-2018, 04:36 PM
The federal deficit hit $895 billion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2018, an increase of $222 billion, or 32 percent, over the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/406040-federal-deficit-soars-32-percent-to-895b

Hmm, in just 11 months, the deficit has increased by over $220 billion, or a little over 1% of nominal GDP. Interestingly enough, GDP growth has picked up by around 1 percentage point.

Under Obama, a much more modest increase would have caused apoplexy* among the current crowd of Trump supporters. Now? Silence. Better yet, this post might elicit a moveon.org reference. Laughable.

*One of Obama's greatest achievements was unintended -- sequestration. It actually controlled spending, much to his chagrin.

Dude where have you been?!?!?

Tax Cut 2.0 is on deck!

thaskalos
09-11-2018, 05:14 PM

Who cares about the deficit? All that matters is that TRUMP WON!...and whatever else happens in the next 6 years is just icing on the cake! :ThmbUp:

Why didn't the Obama supporters here think of such a slogan after the Bush presidency? "That's okay...at least there is no more GWB", should have been the rallying cry of the democrats here...whenever Obama got blasted by our conservative brethren.

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Who cares about the deficit? All that matters is that TRUMP WON!...and whatever else happens in the next 6 years is just icing on the cake! :ThmbUp:

Why didn't the Obama supporters here think of such a slogan after the Bush presidency? "That's okay...at least there is no more GWB", should have been the rallying cry of the democrats here...whenever Obama got blasted by our conservative brethren.

The Obama supporters' slogan for eight years was, "everything is Bush's fault". If they would have used the slogan, you suggest, "no more "GWB", Obama would have had to take the blame for his policies, and that is absolutely unacceptable.

I wonder why Obama is not trying to take credit for the deficit, since it is part of the current economy for which is vying to take credit?

The new Obama supporter slogan is, "Obama is responsible for all of the current administration's successful policies, instead of "everything is GWB's fault.

It is good to be Obama you get to have your cake and eat it too.

reckless
09-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Who cares about the deficit? All that matters is that TRUMP WON!...and whatever else happens in the next 6 years is just icing on the cake! :ThmbUp: ...

Finally, you post something worth repeating. :D

To all those that worry about the deficit... seriously, chill out until the debt reaches about 130 per cent of GDP. It's about 105 per cent right now. When it reaches 130 percent I'll give you permission to worry. :)

Anyway, why worry in the first place?? The world will probably end before we reach 130 percent so enjoy the champagne while it's still bubbly.

lansdale
09-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Anybody remember this story from 1986?

LA Times|July 30, 1986|JACK SMITH|
$37 screws, a $7,622 coffee maker, $640 toilet seats; : suppliers to our military just won't be oversold:
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-30/news/vw-18804_1_nut

and:

I suspect very little has changed in the 32 years since the above story appeared in the LA Times.

If it were up to me: There would be more of a concerted effort towards reigning in runaway government spending and eliminating government waste.

-jp

Hi Jeff,

Your post reminded me of 'Ayatolloah' John Boyd, the former Korean War fighter pilot who led the assault on Pentagon waste in the '80s. Most people have heard of or seen the movie 'Top Gun' -- an outstanding pilot, Boyd was the guy who wrote the training manual used by the Navy Fighter Weapons School therein depicted. His focus on air combat maneuvers developed into lifelong study of military strategy, culminating in the development of his own strategy, which would eventually be used by the U.S. military in Gulf War I.

His war against Pentagon procurement corruption was a much more bitter and only partially successful endeavor, doubtless costing him not only a general's star, but a significant measure of domestic tranquility. He wasn't averse to military hardware -- he was one of the co-designers of the original F-16 -- but he despised the high proportion of flawed and worthless weapons systems rubber-stamped into existence by a congress controlled by a rapacious defense industry.

Link below to his bio, for those interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Boyd-Fighter-Pilot-Who-Changed/dp/0316796883

elysiantraveller
09-11-2018, 05:47 PM
The Obama supporters' slogan for eight years was, "everything is Bush's fault". If they would have used the slogan, you suggest, "no more "GWB", Obama would have had to take the blame for his policies, and that is absolutely unacceptable.

I wonder why Obama is not trying to take credit for the deficit, since it is part of the current economy for which is vying to take credit?

The new Obama supporter slogan is, "Obama is responsible for all of the current administration's successful policies, instead of "everything is GWB's fault.

30% increase in deficit spending 2017 to 2018...

I don't really know how you pin that on Obama.

thaskalos
09-11-2018, 05:51 PM

No...I don't agree with you. The Obama supporters don't even have to mention Obama anymore when referring to Trump. The current White House mayhem dominates the news every day...and renders all additional commentary unnecessary.

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 05:51 PM
30% increase in deficit spending 2017 to 2018...

I don't really know how you pin that on Obama.

Read my post again, I didn't pin on or credit Obama for anything except for his penchant of blaming others for his failures and trying to take credit for other people's success.

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 05:55 PM
No...I don't agree with you. The Obama supporters don't even have to mention Obama anymore when referring to Trump. The current White House mayhem dominates the news every day...and renders all additional commentary unnecessary.

Yes, sensationalized opinion news based on anonymous and unnamed sources.:ThmbUp:

thaskalos
09-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Yes, sensationalized opinion news based on anonymous and unnamed sources.:ThmbUp:

You know what the Republicans like to say: "If there is smoke...." :ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 06:13 PM

You don't need smoke to make people believe there is a fire, all you need is some anonymous person to yell "fire". Just yelling fire doesn't make it so, does it?

elysiantraveller
09-11-2018, 06:13 PM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2q97YCXcLOlkoR2jKKEMQ-wkG9k=/0x0:900x500/1200x800/filters:focal(378x178:522x322)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49493993/this-is-fine.0.jpg

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 06:19 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2q97YCXcLOlkoR2jKKEMQ-wkG9k=/0x0:900x500/1200x800/filters:focal(378x178:522x322)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49493993/this-is-fine.0.jpg

What happened for your requirement of news being sourced in the other thread? I am :eek::eek::eek:

elysiantraveller
09-11-2018, 06:36 PM
What happened for your requirement of news being sourced in the other thread? I am :eek::eek::eek:

The deficit stuff is pretty well sourced.

What other stuff are you talking about?

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 06:57 PM
The deficit stuff is pretty well sourced.

What other stuff are you talking about?

Thask's statement, you quoted, in your reply had no mention or connection to the deficit. The quoted post had been made in reply to my post about news reports being based on anonymous and unnamed sources.

The question is why would you conflate, in your flaming meme, with reporting based on anonymous and unnamed sources to show a dog sitting in his while the house burning down. Is it some sort of dog whistle post? Are you suggesting the President's supporters are dogs?

elysiantraveller
09-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Thask's statement, you quoted, in your reply had no mention or connection to the deficit. The quoted post had been made in reply to my post about news reports being based on anonymous and unnamed sources.

The question is why would you conflate, in your flaming meme, with reporting based on anonymous and unnamed sources to show a dog sitting in his while the house burning down. Is it some sort of dog whistle post? Are you suggesting the President's supporters are dogs?

The meme is sarcastic humor.

If you have something specific you'd like to bring up go for it.

Tom
09-11-2018, 07:22 PM
The deficit is important, but it is not the top of the list of
urgency. Funny now that a repub is in office the tax and spend libs are showing concern about it. :lol:

After more people get into jobs and the tax base increase, the deficit can be addressed,

Not sure it will happen, but the court is far more important.
We need to have our own resistance and safe the country for generations to come. We already have a couple of cancer on the court. Hopefully, they will either leave or die soon. Sounds harsh, but a couple of people as opposed to the welfare of millions.......no brainer. Whatever it takes.

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2018, 07:35 PM
The meme is sarcastic humor.

If you have something specific you'd like to bring up go for it.

I did. Thask's statement you quoted in your sarcastic meme had no relationship to the deficit issue.

What is the sarcastic humor in your meme? Is it a dog whistle about the President's supporters being dogs?

horses4courses
09-25-2018, 10:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn4TYf7U8AAlaH4.jpg:small

Tom
09-26-2018, 10:23 AM
Shut down?

:headbanger::jump::headbanger::jump::headbanger:

chadk66
09-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Yep shut it down. Even my wife who works for the fed feels the same way

Tom
09-26-2018, 02:21 PM
1. Tell the dems they will have the FBI investigate the Ford story
2. Shut it down.
3. Tell the democrats, sorry, FBI not available
4. Hold VOTE!
5. :lol::lol::lol:
6.:pound::pound::pound:
7.:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

chadk66
09-26-2018, 03:56 PM
1. Tell the dems they will have the FBI investigate the Ford story
2. Shut it down.
3. Tell the democrats, sorry, FBI not available
4. Hold VOTE!
5. :lol::lol::lol:
6.:pound::pound::pound:
7.:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:
:lol:

elysiantraveller
09-26-2018, 04:58 PM
Trump says he'll sign spending bill to avert shutdown (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408575-trump-says-hell-sign-spending-bill-to-avert-shutdown)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzyL0hBboYU

burnsy
09-26-2018, 05:57 PM
C'mon? This thread must be a joke? People are that dumb? Its pretty funny. Yeah, they'll get right on that deficit.

And you got to read it to believe it......people still blame one side over the other. That's rich :pound:

elysiantraveller
03-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Art meets Deal...

AP: US budget deficit up 77 percent so far this budget year (https://wtop.com/national/2019/03/us-budget-deficit-up-77-percent-so-far-this-budget-year/)

Burls
03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Art meets Deal...

AP: US budget deficit up 77 percent so far this budget year (https://wtop.com/national/2019/03/us-budget-deficit-up-77-percent-so-far-this-budget-year/)

Doofus Drumph is going to create the BIGGEST and BEST deficit ever.
He does everything BIGLY!

Ocala Mike
03-05-2019, 08:53 PM
None dare call it conservatism! (As he leads the formerly sane, if misguided, Republican Party over the cliff like lemmings).

Clocker
03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
None dare call it conservatism!
None?

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

Tom
03-06-2019, 10:10 AM
We will revisit this thread when the Green New Deal become the DNC platform.

Of course Trump is not a conservative.
No conservative ran in 216.

That doesn't mean Trump is not pursuing an agenda we can get behind.

elysiantraveller
03-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Democrat with a Dog Whistle? ;)

davew
03-06-2019, 11:04 AM
We will revisit this thread when the Green New Deal become the DNC platform.

Of course Trump is not a conservative.
No conservative ran in 216.

I thought the DNC platform is indict Trump and his associates who stole from Hillary her rightful place as first female president in USA.

Tom
03-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Democrat with a Dog Whistle? ;)

Communication device to Hillary. ;)

woodtoo
03-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Woof woof, woof woof. :lol:

OntheRail
03-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Always at their barkin' call...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovYnLL9Yow

Tom
03-06-2019, 05:43 PM
SIT!
SIT!

DON'T SPEAK!
DON'T SPEAK!

boxcar
03-06-2019, 05:48 PM
SIT!
SIT!

DON'T SPEAK!
DON'T SPEAK!

LIE, LIE, LIE....down, that is.

chadk66
03-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Trump is truly a Democrat when it comes to spending in government. But the left loathes him so bad because he has non democrat ideals in many other areas. But they just can't see the forest for the trees

elysiantraveller
03-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Trump is truly a Democrat when it comes to spending in government. But the left loathes him so bad because he has non democrat ideals in many other areas. But they just can't see the forest for the trees

Hence:

Democrat with a Dog Whistle.

Role of government, Trade, indifferent to Constitution, healthcare, spending, etc. etc.

But when it comes to "muh culture wars," you know, the dumb stuff that doesn't affect anyone on a day to day basis... he's sure got the alt-right pegged.