PDA

View Full Version : Stakes Races at GP 2/3

Immortal6
02-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Here is my take and picks on the stakes races today at Gulfstream, comments and selections from others are always welcome, good luck!

R4 7F "Swale" G3
A perceived hot pace in this race leads me to believe that a horse coming from just off the pace has the best shot to win here today. The horse I'm giving the nod to is the :5: Piven. In his first dirt start in stakes company (albeit 75k) he rated well and went 4 wide to draw off for an easy victory. I believe stretching out an extra furlong here will be more of a detriment to the the :6: and :2:.

:5: :6: :2: :1:

R6 1Mile Turf "Sweetest Chant" G3
This race is a real head scratcher for me...where will the pace come from? Will the invader from France, the :5: coming off more than a 4 month layoff be a threat? Will the :2: be caught 8 wide again in this race? Will the :3: catch a glacial pace like she did in breaking her maiden? All good questions and in a race full of question marks I'm going to go with the :1: a last out winner from Graham Motion who figures to save the most ground from the inside post. Given a clean trip inside I feel a repeat of her last will be good enough to win today.

:1: :5: :4: :2:

R10 7F "Forward Gal" G3
Race shape here is all dependent on the :6: going to the lead and setting good fractions. If this happens I see the :4: "Take Charge Paula" sitting a good stalking trip with the ability to duel in the stretch for the win. Another horse that catches my eye in the race is the :1:, a two time winner at 7F that has a sharp recent workout with Jose Ortiz aboard. With a clean trip I see no reason this 10-1 ML can't win this race. Another horse that is stretching out to 7F for the first time and figures to relish the extra panel is the :2:.

:4: :1: :2: :7:

R11 1Mile Turf "Dania Beach" G3
The lone stakes race of the day where I have a strong opinion on the winner. Another connection of Motion/Jose Ortiz on the :6: "Untamed Domain". Underneath there are a few horses at a price that I like.

:6: :1: :8: :2:

R12 Mile and a 'teenth "Holy Bull" G2
I'm so excited to see how this race shakes out, I truly feel that there are 6 horses in this field that have a real shot at winning it. As for my picks, I'm going to go with the :2: "Free Drop Billy" to win this years running of the Holy Bull. The combo of Romans and Saez coupled with a recent bullet work over the Gulfstream surface gives him a slight edge over the others. While I like Hollywood Star and Tiz Mischief, I feel the shorter stretch run will do them no favors.

:2: :1: :6: :4: :7: