PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Slaughter

FantasticDan
01-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Trump takes a page from Nixon's playbook and hopes to hell his toady demagogues can get him through..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MMGbvXE_PM

http://theweek.com/articles/751627/trumps-slowmotion-massacre-justice-department

I realize all this may seem confusing if you aren't immersed in the details of the Russia scandal. But think of it as a clearing of the decks within the Justice Department. Anyone who hasn't demonstrated their loyalty to Trump — and can't be counted on to protect him as the danger from the Russia scandal gets more acute — has got to go. Trump might get rid of them himself, or he might send signals to his supporters in the media and on Capitol Hill, letting them know whom they should target.

Comey is gone, McCabe is going, and Rosenstein could be next. Under this president, any conception of the Justice Department as an independent agency devoted to the rule of law is quickly disappearing.

tucker6
01-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Sounds all so very salacious. Can't wait for the movie version to appear. In the meantime, we'll just have to settle for the house cleaning at DOJ and FBI. At this point, every dept of govt should have a house cleaning of anti-American malcontents.

Tom
01-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Draining the swamp, Making America Great Again.

The commies are upset.....

Film at 11~!

boxcar
01-30-2018, 11:07 AM
Trump takes a page from Nixon's playbook and hopes to hell his toady demagogues can get him through..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MMGbvXE_PM

http://theweek.com/articles/751627/trumps-slowmotion-massacre-justice-department

It's called draining the swamp. And the megabytes irony here is that the dark, vile, despicable leftist swamp creatures could well, unwittingly, assist Trump in this project by eating themselves. Gotta love it...:coffee:

Clocker
01-30-2018, 11:09 AM
Under this president, any conception of the Justice Department as an independent agency devoted to the rule of law is quickly disappearing.

Clearly a major deterioration from the noble efforts of the Obama DOJ, devoted to the rule of racist Eric Holder. :rolleyes:

tucker6
01-30-2018, 11:21 AM
Clearly a major deterioration from the noble efforts of the Obama DOJ, devoted to the rule of racist Eric Holder. :rolleyes:

Well, the Fast and Furious coverup was a noble effort to save their own hides.

davew
01-30-2018, 11:24 AM
I hope Trump reads the intelligence committee 4 page letter tonight in the state of the corrupt union tonight.

Marshall Bennett
01-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Several dems are refusing to attend. What nerve. One of his intentions tonight is to unite the two sides somewhat. He's hoping all the Democrats in attendance aren't brain-damaged misfits like Dan here.
Should be interesting. Maybe the most watched SU ever. I expect nothing less than vintage Trump at his best. Its no wonder a few loser liberal leftist are staying home. :)

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Several dems are refusing to attend. What nerve. One of his intentions tonight is to unite the two sides somewhat. He's hoping all the Democrats in attendance aren't brain-damaged misfits like Dan here.
Should be interesting. Maybe the most watched SU ever. I expect nothing less than vintage Trump at his best. Its no wonder a few loser liberal leftist are staying home. :)

I'll be honest if I was an elected official I would not be in attendance. The decision to not enforce sanctions is beyond absurdity regardless of party affiliation or political leanings.

GaryG
01-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Paul Ryan on the dreaded memo:

"Let it all out, get it all out there. Cleanse the organization," the speaker said Tuesday morning, before adding: "I think we should disclose all this stuff. It’s the best disinfectant. Accountability, transparency - for the sake of the reputation of our institutions."

tucker6
01-30-2018, 12:24 PM
I'll be honest if I was an elected official I would not be in attendance. The decision to not enforce sanctions is beyond absurdity regardless of party affiliation or political leanings.

If you actually believe the Russians' attempted influence of our election shook the foundation of our democracy, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. It happens in every election around the world from various interested parties, including us. We have done far, far worse to other countries, including the Soviet Bloc back in the day. Hell, I bet Israel has more influence over our elections than Russia. Stop believing everything the propaganda machine spits out.

You know what really hurts our democracy? It's influence peddling masquerading as PAC's.

davew
01-30-2018, 12:26 PM
Under this president, any conception of the Justice Department as an independent agency devoted to the rule of law is quickly disappearing.

It was 0bama's administration that politicized and weaponized many departments of the government - DOJ, FBI, IRS, CIA, ......

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 01:13 PM
If you actually believe the Russians' attempted influence of our election shook the foundation of our democracy, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. It happens in every election around the world from various interested parties, including us. We have done far, far worse to other countries, including the Soviet Bloc back in the day. Hell, I bet Israel has more influence over our elections than Russia. Stop believing everything the propaganda machine spits out.

You know what really hurts our democracy? It's influence peddling masquerading as PAC's.

This has absolutely nothing to do with any of that.

It has to do with the Executive completely IGNORING the legislative branch which passed those sanctions 419-3 and 98-2.

That... is... bullshit...

tucker6
01-30-2018, 01:17 PM

It has to do with the Executive completely IGNORING the legislative branch which passed those sanctions 419-3 and 98-2.

The whole thing, including those votes, is BS. Pandering to the electorate is all that vote was. I guarantee every one of those politicians that voted for sanctions have taken money in a quid pro quo. Do you doubt that? To me, there is no difference between shady inside dealing and shady outside dealing. In both case, I lose.

woodtoo
01-30-2018, 01:18 PM

This is much resist the bullshit much pinkpeach resist bullsit much danbullshit
resist dans bullshit we much!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 01:29 PM
The whole thing, including those votes, is BS. Pandering to the electorate is all that vote was. I guarantee every one of those politicians that voted for sanctions have taken money in a quid pro quo. Do you doubt that? To me, there is no difference between shady inside dealing and shady outside dealing. In both case, I lose.

Again... It doesn't matter...

We have a system of government that is supposed to function according to the Constitution. I'm not going to get into a moral equivalence argument with anyone. The LAW is the President enacts the will of Congress and the American people...

Guess that doesn't matter to you or Woodtoo... as we slowly sink into a unchecked executive and Constitution be damned. Started with Obama and getting worse with Trump.

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 01:31 PM
This is much resist the bullshit much pinkpeach resist bullsit much danbullshit
resist dans bullshit we much!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad you give zero ****s about the constitution at this point. #winning

This kinda exposes you as someone who has zero credibility.

tucker6
01-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Again... It doesn't matter...

We have a system of government that is supposed to function according to the Constitution. I'm not going to get into a moral equivalence argument with anyone. The LAW is the President enacts the will of Congress and the American people...

Guess that doesn't matter to you or Woodtoo... as we slowly sink into a unchecked executive and Constitution be damned. Started with Obama and getting worse with Trump.

I hate to break it to you, but the executive branch has been sticking it to the legislative and sometimes the judicial branches for a very long time. The War Powers Act comes famously to mind. It has been ignored since enacted in the 70's. Then there was the time Lincoln himself ignored a direct order from the Supreme Court to re-establish the Writ of Habeas Corpus.

So it didn't start with Obama by a long shot, although he was a big abuser.

The big takeaway here is that the president controls foreign relations, and not Congress. They should stay the hell out of someone else's business since they have plenty of dirt on their own hands to deal with. The Constitution that you have been waving around likely supports Trump, and not Congress.

Tom
01-30-2018, 03:16 PM
Trump should have them shine a spotlight onto each empty chair in the demo section, one at a time, and announce the name of the dimwit not there and say to the American People, "Did not care enough to attend - no problem, X has been zero help so far anyway!"

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 03:17 PM
I hate to break it to you, but the executive branch has been sticking it to the legislative and sometimes the judicial branches for a very long time. The War Powers Act comes famously to mind. It has been ignored since enacted in the 70's. Then there was the time Lincoln himself ignored a direct order from the Supreme Court to re-establish the Writ of Habeas Corpus.

So it didn't start with Obama by a long shot, although he was a big abuser.

The big takeaway here is that the president controls foreign relations, and not Congress. They should stay the hell out of someone else's business since they have plenty of dirt on their own hands to deal with. The Constitution that you have been waving around likely supports Trump, and not Congress.

This has nothing to do with the War Powers Act either. I'm not up for debating equivalency... 517 to 5.

And it's being ignored. That's bullshit.

tucker6
01-30-2018, 03:28 PM
This has nothing to do with the War Powers Act either. I'm not up for debating equivalency... 517 to 5.

It is completely relevant. Presidents ignore unconstitutional laws, whether 517-5 or 262-260. The actual vote count means nothing. It's political pandering.

boxcar
01-30-2018, 03:31 PM

And what sanctions would those be?

woodtoo
01-30-2018, 04:13 PM

The really big smart ones Zero enacted of course!!:lol:

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 04:45 PM
It is completely relevant. Presidents ignore unconstitutional laws, whether 517-5 or 262-260. The actual vote count means nothing. It's political pandering.

How are sanctions unconstitutional?

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 04:59 PM

The new round of Russian sanctions.

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 05:03 PM
The really big smart ones Zero enacted of course!!:lol:

No the ones the House and Senate enacted... you ability to consistently get things wrong and misunderstand them is confounding.

I wonder how many times Trump will walk back campaign promises tonight.

Still awaiting the TPP responses from a few of you. Now that's it's passing without the US Trump wants to renegotiate in and the rest of the world is laughing but hey... #winning or is it #chinawinning ?:confused:

woodtoo
01-30-2018, 05:44 PM
No the ones the House and Senate enacted... you ability to consistently get things wrong and misunderstand them is confounding.

I wonder how many times Trump will walk back campaign promises tonight.

Still awaiting the TPP responses from a few of you. Now that's it's passing without the US Trump wants to renegotiate in and the rest of the world is laughing but hey... #winning or is it #chinawinning ?:confused:

Let me pose this little dilly to you
Where did David Nunes travel to view the evidence that triggered this process?

The White House SKIF. To be exact, the Eisenhower Exec. Bldg. on the WH grounds. The NSA SKIF to be more precise. Still following? good. Why was it that he went to that exact location and not a SKIF say at Congress or elsewhere, because this was the originating source of the information. This SKIF is the only place there is to view that document. It does not exist at any other SKIF.
It was not produced by Nunes or any other committee, but by officials at the White House presumably NSA for obvious reasons. Still trying find my point?

Originating source, not FBI nor RNC but White House. Here is the point, who was in the WH when that document arose? Not Trump nope, so who does that leave? Why it was President Obama, THIS is what and why and who it leads directly back to.

President Obama was who would have and did know about the FISA fraud all along. And if you say, as expected he knew nothing prove it. I just did if not just ask Tom what kind of a man BHO really is.
I forgot to mention OZERO ordered the illegal spying on American citizens #treason

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Let me pose this little dilly to you
Where did David Nunes travel to view the evidence that triggered this process?

The White House SKIF. To be exact, the Eisenhower Exec. Bldg. on the WH grounds. The NSA SKIF to be more precise. Still following? good. Why was it that he went to that exact location and not a SKIF say at Congress or elsewhere, because this was the originating source of the information. This SKIF is the only place there is to view that document. It does not exist at any other SKIF.
It was not produced by Nunes or any other committee, but by officials at the White House presumably NSA for obvious reasons. Still trying find my point?

Originating source, not FBI nor RNC but White House. Here is the point, who was in the WH when that document arose? Not Trump nope, so who does that leave? Why it was President Obama, THIS is what and why and who it leads directly back to.

President Obama was who would have and did know about the FISA fraud all along. And if you say, as expected he knew nothing prove it. I just did if not just ask Tom what kind of a man BHO really is.
I forgot to mention OZERO ordered the illegal spying on American citizens #treason

What you are talking about has nothing to do with the President not acting on legislation passed by Congress.

Swing --> Miss

Get it?

woodtoo
01-30-2018, 06:23 PM
What you are talking about has nothing to do with the President not acting on legislation passed by Congress.

Swing --> Miss

Get it?

Open your mind....ah forget it

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Open your mind....ah forget it

Nothing to do with it. Civics 101.

FantasticDan
01-30-2018, 07:12 PM

https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/958122246459068416

https://twitter.com/eschor/status/958110759489294336

FantasticDan
01-30-2018, 07:14 PM
https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/958312973260517376

FantasticDan
01-30-2018, 07:18 PM
https://twitter.com/sarahthyre/status/958371556941479936

https://twitter.com/kentremendous/status/958200355619160064

jocko699
01-30-2018, 07:22 PM
https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/958122246459068416

https://twitter.com/eschor/status/958110759489294336

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=27

Tom
01-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Gee Dan, you seem upset.
Didn't you get used to the POTUS ignoring the law for 8 years?

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Gee Dan, you seem upset.
Didn't you get used to the POTUS ignoring the law for 8 years?

You aren't upset about this?

This is just not doing the job.

Give me one example of Congress essentially unanimously passing something and a President going "nope."

chrisl
01-30-2018, 09:25 PM

Ken Tremendous, That has to be a relative of Fantastic Dan.

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:32 PM

Give me one example of Congress essentially unanimously passing something and a President going "nope."

Welcome to 2018.

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Oh, great slap in the face of the NFL.
Well deserved, the dirt bags.

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 09:50 PM
Welcome to 2018.

What does that mean?

You're saying you're cool with it? Yes or no?

You've got an example of this happening?

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:53 PM
I am cool with Trump doing what he is doing.
Sanction for Cuba.....how'd that work out?
Time for new ideas.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:10 PM

Give me one example of Congress essentially unanimously passing something and a President going "nope."Are they going to arrest Trump at the end of his speech like the left on here hopes?

They should, right? You get arrested when you don't obey Congress, right? Contempt of Congress or something like that? Civics 101?

Let me know.

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 10:13 PM
I am cool with Trump doing what he is doing.
Sanction for Cuba.....how'd that work out?
Time for new ideas.

I recall you slamming Obama for removing sanctions. But hey whatever protects your dear leader.

But again has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The President is not doing his constitutional duty.

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 10:21 PM
Are they going to arrest Trump at the end of his speech like the left on here hopes?

They should, right? You get arrested when you don't obey Congress, right? Contempt of Congress or something like that? Civics 101?

Let me know.

No.

I guess they can go to court and he will be forced to comply.

This in particular is pretty unprecedented though because you know... constitution.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:23 PM
I hope we get something from Russia in return...maybe there's a "deal" in the works?

Or do you think they threatened to reveal the video the KGB has of Trump in some hotel room?

Videos haven't worked on Trump before...probably won't again. So I doubt that's it.

davew
01-30-2018, 10:23 PM
Are they going to arrest Trump at the end of his speech like the left on here hopes?

Let me know.

yes, Eric Holder is still in 'jail'

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 10:25 PM
I hope we get something from Russia in return...maybe there's a "deal" in the works?

Or do you think they threatened to reveal the video the KGB has of Trump in some hotel room?

Videos haven't worked on Trump before...probably won't again. So I doubt that's it.

What does that have to do with a President ignoring the constitution? Blatantly.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:27 PM
What does that have to do with a President ignoring the constitution? Blatantly.He must be doing it for a reason, would you not agree?

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 10:29 PM
He must be doing it for a reason, would you not agree?

No idea.

Don't care.

That's not how American democracy works.

FantasticDan
01-30-2018, 10:30 PM
He must be doing it for a reason, would you not agree?
I laughed. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:33 PM
No idea.

Don't care.

That's not how American democracy works.Is he the first prez to do such a thing? Just curious.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:36 PM
BTW, ely...did you think the President's speech was a conservative speech? Or was it a rino speech?

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Is he the first prez to do such a thing? Just curious.

Where Congress unanimously passes something that the President signs and then refuses to enforce within a year?

No, I can't think of anything. Typically, there would have to be some Constitutional basis but in this case there isn't any.

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 10:40 PM
BTW, ely...did you think the President's speech was a conservative speech? Or was it a rino speech?

Didn't watch it yet. I think RINO is a dumb term though. If it sounded like Davos it would be considered RINO if anyone but Trump made it. He was good at Davos and gave a lot of ground on his campaign promises.

Truth is if he fails largely at the rhetoric of his campaign (He has thus far). He and I will be cool as long as he preferably stops talking/tweeting and just let's the pros do the foreign policy game. His domestic economic policy is fine and the results it's yielding are hardly surprising.

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 12:39 PM

Ever heard of “immigration laws”

How about

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/obamas-policy-strategy-ignore-laws-077486

elysiantraveller
01-31-2018, 01:08 PM
Ever heard of “immigration laws”

How about

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/obamas-policy-strategy-ignore-laws-077486

Not the same. Some of those were facing constitutional challenges and more importantly weren't signed into law by the SAME President less than six months ago.

Two differences the second one being the larger.

boxcar
01-31-2018, 05:53 PM

Hey, Fanny, did you know that Congress passed a lot of laws that Obama ignored? We cold start with immigration laws if you want. Obama was probably the most flagrant, despicable scofflaw president in this history of this country. Just sayin'... :coffee:

boxcar
01-31-2018, 06:05 PM
Not the same. Some of those were facing constitutional challenges and more importantly weren't signed into law by the SAME President less than six months ago.

Two differences the second one being the larger.

There were no court orders in the Obama era that suspended enforcement of immigration laws. Also, there is a huge question as to the legality of the bill, since it ties the hands of the Executive Branch from negotiating with foreign powers and implementing foreign policy, which is very clearly in the purview of the Executive Branch.

And besides...do you really want to poke the Bear? We don't have enough other problems in the world?

elysiantraveller
01-31-2018, 09:22 PM
And besides...do you really want to poke the Bear? We don't have enough other problems in the world?

Yes is want to poke the bear. I want to poke the bear so often it decides to stay in its den. The Russian coming out party is a large failure of the previous administration.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2018, 12:41 AM
Trump seems to hold some (delusions?) hope that the US and Russia will achieve great things together down the line...I mean, he freakin' campaigned on this pretty hard.

This is one obvious reason he might be holding back now...

Why did he sign the law then? Stupid advisors pressing him at the time because the Russia thing was blowing up all around him?

Who the hell knows.

fast4522
02-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Trump seems to hold some (delusions?) hope that the US and Russia will achieve great things together down the line...I mean, he freakin' campaigned on this pretty hard.

Why did he sign the law then? Stupid advisors pressing him at the time because the Russia thing was blowing up all around him?

Who the hell knows.

Dan Pena start at 11.o in the video, details exactly why, answers questions about the market, and who will give a shit about anything.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143065&page=5

elysiantraveller
02-01-2018, 10:33 AM

Who the hell knows.

They are delusions and when its come to this country he is an idiot.

Russia is a country that is actively seeking proxy war with the United States. They have been for 4 years now.

Isolate and contain worked for 50 years why change paths now? When did appeasement become the foreign policy stature of America when it comes to our rivals?

Tom
02-01-2018, 10:37 AM
When did appeasement become the foreign policy stature of America when it comes to our rivals?

0bama?

elysiantraveller
02-01-2018, 10:40 AM
0bama?

Obama did not appease the Russians.

Quite contrary he was actively pressing back at them.

His failure was creating vacuums in places like Syria saying one thing and doing another.

I would take the Obama posture towards Russia in a New York Minute over Trumps. Fortunately virtually everyone disagrees with President. The R's, the D's, his cabinet, his VP, the joint chiefs.... everyone.

davew
02-01-2018, 11:12 AM
What a shame putting terrorists back in gitmo, he could use them to trade for deserters or let them loose for good behavior.

onefast99
02-01-2018, 11:20 AM
What a shame putting terrorists back in gitmo, he could use them to trade for deserters or let them loose for good behavior.
If for one moment you think that Gitmo will be the Hilton Garden Inn, you don't know the POTUS. I would think it is going to be the Trump Horror Hotel where the Alfred Hitchcock fans would be pleased with the amenities!

Tom
02-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Sounds about right.
I heard that no one, under any circumstances, will ever get more than one scoop of ice cream!

:eek::eek::eek:

boxcar
02-01-2018, 03:12 PM
They are delusions and when its come to this country he is an idiot.

Russia is a country that is actively seeking proxy war with the United States. They have been for 4 years now.

Isolate and contain worked for 50 years why change paths now? When did appeasement become the foreign policy stature of America when it comes to our rivals?

Is that why Obama wanted to wait until after the 2012 elections to make a nuke deal with the Ruskies? You do remember that, right?

Ocala Mike
02-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Is that why Obama wanted to wait until after the 2012 elections to make a nuke deal with the Ruskies? You do remember that, right?

Yes, of course. He was up close and personal with Vlad - not like the current president.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
02-01-2018, 03:57 PM

Of course I remember New Start.

That was a good deal. Strategic arms reduction is of greater value to the United States than it is to Russia as we don't have the aging equipment and weaker C&C that they have.

That's not appeasement but thanks for playing.

fast4522
02-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Micky Mouse could have done a better job at foreign policy than Obama/Hillary/Kerry did. Under performance from a bunch of socialists.:lol:

The moral of that story is never trust a socialist opinion for foreign policy.

Addendum: You know who you are in this thread.:lol:

elysiantraveller
02-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Micky Mouse could have done a better job at foreign policy than Obama/Hillary/Kerry did. Under performance from a bunch of socialists.:lol:

The moral of that story is never trust a socialist opinion for foreign policy.

Addendum: You know who you are in this thread.:lol:

I don't disagree with anything you said...

Bigger problem though is those socialists were more right on Russia than the current President. This is evidenced by the fact nobody agrees with Trump's ideas of handling Russia including but not limited to his own VP and Cabinet.

davew
02-02-2018, 12:33 AM
some black caucus members during state of union

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/congressional-black-caucus-member-caught-playing-iphone-game-194934823.html

Tom
02-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Yes, of course. He was up close and personal with Vlad - not like the current president.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was there point there?

Tom
02-02-2018, 10:05 AM
some black caucus members during state of union

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/congressional-black-caucus-member-caught-playing-iphone-game-194934823.html

How can we tolerate an obviously racist group such as this to exist?
Especially when their IQs seem to be on the low side. Attention spans of idiots.