PDA

View Full Version : A politically incorrect analysis of immigration

Clocker
01-27-2018, 01:43 AM
A very good article at "American Greatness" looks at the basic policies, or lack thereof, for immigration into this country. As the name of the site suggests, they generally support Trump, but question his understanding of the immigration issue.

The 1965 law, however, as designed and especially as administered, opened a “path to citizenship” to massive numbers of folk regardless of talent or character, specifically from the “developing world.” For some 70 percent, the chief additional characteristic is being a link in an endless chain of family relations. Often they come lukewarm or even hostile to what America is, to its ways, to its history, even to Judeo-Christianity. Assimilating and becoming citizens of the Founders’ Republic is hardly a priority.

Not incidentally, since the mid-1960s, the U.S. government and the ruling class in general have ceased to regard assimilation as a good worth pursuing. They have considered themselves operators of a vast enterprise of social welfare and uplift of which immigrants are another category of clients.Not recommended for those who move their lips when they read. ;)

https://amgreatness.com/2018/01/25/trump-risks-debasing-american-citizenship/

boxcar
01-27-2018, 09:19 AM
A very good article at "American Greatness" looks at the basic policies, or lack thereof, for immigration into this country. As the name of the site suggests, they generally support Trump, but question his understanding of the immigration issue.

Not recommended for those who move their lips when they read. ;)

https://amgreatness.com/2018/01/25/trump-risks-debasing-american-citizenship/

So, why should we allow people into our land who are hostile to our culture, our way of life, our laws, our customs, etc.? It seems that the only reason leftists want to perpetuate this policy is to destroy this nation internally by making us a "borderless" spot on the map and creating and expanding a permanent underclass voting base. As Trump correctly said once (to paraphrase), "A nation without borders is not a nation." :coffee:

Lemon Drop Husker
01-27-2018, 09:31 AM
I'm fully in line with the suggested changes to migration coming out of the White House.

1. DACA: Yell deport them all you want. Most have been here for well over a decade and know no other home. Give them a means to become a citizen along with their immediate family of spouses and children (and no further). I like the 10-12 years to become a citizen. Shows commitment. (I could be swayed on never allowing them the right to vote.)

2. Chain Migration: Has to end. We can't keep letting people in just because they are somebody's 5th cousin twice removed.

3. Visa Lottery: Shocking how stupid this is in this day and age. Merit based is the only way to go forward. Millions want to come here, we have the right to be selective.

4. The Wall: We already have one (kind of). Mexico has one on their southern border. Build it. Make it worthwhile. If you have ever been to El Paso or McAllen, TX you woudn't even balk at this idea.

RunForTheRoses
01-27-2018, 10:12 AM
The Hart-Cellar Act has ruined this country and was foisted upon us without popular referendum.

Citizenship means less than nothing these days as far as national unity, it is a force working to pull us apart. Citizenship comes with a bag of goodies-welfare, diversity/Affirmative Action benefits, etc.

boxcar
01-27-2018, 11:38 AM
The Hart-Cellar Act has ruined this country and was foisted upon us without popular referendum.

Citizenship means less than nothing these days as far as national unity, it is a force working to pull us apart. Citizenship comes with a bag of goodies-welfare, diversity/Affirmative Action benefits, etc.

Exactly! Citizenship now has become the path to the easy welfare-entitlement life at the expense of industrious, hard-working, self-reliant, tax-paying Americans. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

zico20
01-27-2018, 11:57 AM
When liberals scream that immigration is what built this country, tell them this. At one time we needed immigration to fulfill our "Manifest Destiny." Mission accomplished, we do not need anymore immigration, unless it is based on need. The Industrial Revolution has passed also, another reason why we needed mass immigration at one point. No more.

Inner Dirt
01-27-2018, 12:37 PM
When liberals scream that immigration is what built this country, tell them this. At one time we needed immigration to fulfill our "Manifest Destiny." Mission accomplished, we do not need anymore immigration, unless it is based on need. The Industrial Revolution has passed also, another reason why we needed mass immigration at one point. No more.

Another thing ignored is there wasn't government provided public assistance back in the 17th,18th and 19th centuries. I worked along quite a few illegals with phony papers back decades ago, many taught each other how to game the system. My favorite was Fernando about 30, who lived with a girl on welfare and food stamps who was the mother of his 6 children. He worked lots of overtime, had a phony SS# and claimed as many deductions as allowed so he hardly paid any tax out of his check and of course never filed at the end of the year.

davew
01-27-2018, 12:42 PM
So, why should we allow people into our land who are hostile to our culture, our way of life, our laws, our customs, etc.? It seems that the only reason leftists want to perpetuate this policy is to destroy this nation internally by making us a "borderless" spot on the map and creating and expanding a permanent underclass voting base. As Trump correctly said once (to paraphrase), "A nation without borders is not a nation." :coffee:

Because global warming made their country uninhabitable so they just want to move somewhere else but not change their way of life (of course they need money from our government because it costs more to live here)????

boxcar
01-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Because global warming made their country uninhabitable so they just want to move somewhere else but not change their way of life (of course they need money from our government because it costs more to live here)????

DANG! You got me! I forgot that global warming is America's fault, just like libs, globalists, leftists, communists, etc. blame America for all the world's ills.
But...on the other hand, if we're so morally reprehensible and so insensitive and so inconsiderate to our neighbors needs and aspirations, etc., why would anyone want to settle here? Seems like the more enlightened nations like Canada or Sweden would be prime candidates for mass migration. :coffee:

Saratoga_Mike
01-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Exactly! Citizenship now has become the path to the easy welfare-entitlement life at the expense of industrious, hard-working, self-reliant, tax-paying Americans. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Like Trump, I support amnesty for the dreamers, but he's now mentioning citizenship after "10 to 12 years." Why is that?

With few exceptions, immigrants are some of the hardest working people in this country. You must realize that? However, if you think we should introduce additional reforms to social-welfare programs in order to eliminate "free-riders," I'm right there with you. Need to be careful, though, if we curb immigration too much, we'll turn into Japan (stagnate population growth). At that point, who would pay for your Social Security and Medicare?

Tom
01-27-2018, 12:58 PM
In between, the French-born Geroux was in Chicago Friday to take the oral test that is required to become a naturalized United States citizen. Geroux, who came to America in 2008, and his family now live in Louisville, Ky., but resided in Chicago when the jockey started his immigration process.

“My gosh, the timing of this,” said Geroux’s American wife, Kasey. “He’s been waiting for the test portion for like a year and a half. He got the paperwork with the time and day a few weeks ago. I’m like, ‘Of course it’s got to be the day before the Pegasus.’ The citizenship and the Pegasus are both monumental, an extremely important time in his life.”

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Gun_Runner_jockey_Geroux_rides_wave_of_emotion_int o_Pegasus_World_Cup_123

THIS is the immigration what is valuable to the USA.
THIS is the people we WANT to come here.
THIS is the process they should use to come here.

THESE are the people the left and DACA are hurting, insulting, depriving.

End DACA now - no one here can stay without strict vetting, but NONE ever gets to be a citizen of gets to vote. ANYONE who does stay is a GUEST and deportation may take place at any time for any reason.

Don't like it - then gt out now.

zico20
01-27-2018, 01:01 PM
Like Trump, I support amnesty for the dreamers, but he's now mentioning citizenship after "10 to 12 years." Why is that?

With few exceptions, immigrants are some of the hardest working people in this country. You must realize that? However, if you think we should introduce additional reforms to social-welfare programs in order to eliminate "free-riders," I'm right there with you. Need to be careful, though, if we curb immigration too much, we'll turn into Japan (stagnate population growth). At that point, who would pay for your Social Security and Medicare?

You could outlaw abortion and that would provide about 900,000 people a year. :jump:

woodtoo
01-27-2018, 01:01 PM
I'm fully in line with the suggested changes to migration coming out of the White House.

1. DACA: Yell deport them all you want. Most have been here for well over a decade and know no other home. Give them a means to become a citizen along with their immediate family of spouses and children (and no further). I like the 10-12 years to become a citizen. Shows commitment. (I could be swayed on never allowing them the right to vote.)

2. Chain Migration: Has to end. We can't keep letting people in just because they are somebody's 5th cousin twice removed.

3. Visa Lottery: Shocking how stupid this is in this day and age. Merit based is the only way to go forward. Millions want to come here, we have the right to be selective.

4. The Wall: We already have one (kind of). Mexico has one on their southern border. Build it. Make it worthwhile. If you have ever been to El Paso or McAllen, TX you woudn't even balk at this idea.

Hope this is it.:ThmbUp:

boxcar
01-27-2018, 01:03 PM

See my post in the Dems, DACO's and DAVOS thread.

SS is already on life support and actually that Ponzi scheme should be fazed out of existence.

Medicare? Get more people to pay into Medicare. We must reduce our free lunch programs.

Dwindling population? Outlaw abortions on demand and give the most helpless, weakest, vulnerable people on the planet a chance to live and become productive human beings. We need to bring to a screeching halt Cruel and Inhumane Treatment to Unborn Humans. :coffee:

RunForTheRoses
01-27-2018, 01:04 PM

I totally disagree, Japan is who we should emulate. The Chinese too, 90%+ ethnic Han, they are doing fine, the only place they aren't is where they are blessed with Diversity-in Tibet and among the Uighurs. Unlimited population growth is insane.

Saratoga_Mike
01-27-2018, 01:12 PM
https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Gun_Runner_jockey_Geroux_rides_wave_of_emotion_int o_Pegasus_World_Cup_123

THIS is the immigration what is valuable to the USA.
THIS is the people we WANT to come here.
THIS is the process they should use to come here.

THESE are the people the left and DACA are hurting, insulting, depriving.

End DACA now - no one here can stay without strict vetting, but NONE ever gets to be a citizen of gets to vote. ANYONE who does stay is a GUEST and deportation may take place at any time for any reason.

Don't like it - then gt out now.

So you're insulted when a child is screened aggressively by TSA at the airport, but you worry that we haven't strictly vetted children (they came here as children) for DACA? What are the nationalities of most would-be DACA recipients? Do you even know? Of course not, that wouldn't fit your visceral approach to almost everything.

Here's the list:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/25/key-facts-about-unauthorized-immigrants-enrolled-in-daca/ft_17-09-25_daca_topcountries/

Here's a clue: someone who came to the United States as a 3-yr-old child from Mexico isn't likely to turn into the next 9/11 highjacker.

You need to get out and travel the country. You might learn something. God forbid.

upthecreek
01-27-2018, 01:15 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/957309897154158593

Tom
01-27-2018, 01:42 PM
So you're insulted when a child is screened aggressively by TSA at the airport, but you worry that we haven't strictly vetted children (they came here as children) for DACA? What are the nationalities of most would-be DACA recipients? Do you even know? Of course not, that wouldn't fit your visceral approach to almost everything.

Here's the list:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/25/key-facts-about-unauthorized-immigrants-enrolled-in-daca/ft_17-09-25_daca_topcountries/

Here's a clue: someone who came to the United States as a 3-yr-old child from Mexico isn't likely to turn into the next 9/11 highjacker.

You need to get out and travel the country. You might learn something. God forbid.

RIF - vet them NOW.
We let those stay who are not criminals. ir, drug dealers, people smugglers, you stuff we read about all the time in the papers.

Not likely to by a hijacker, but how likely to be a drunk driver or rapist - we have MANY real time examples of that going on now.
Maybe you just think you have learned something - obviously

READING is not one of them.

boxcar
01-27-2018, 01:48 PM

Here's the list:

Why do you bring up nationalities?

Also, your analogy between children unnecessarily being aggressively screened at the airport and children who shouldn't be here in first place is really bad! In the first, place it is unnecessary to have this kind of insulting screening of Americans, as Israel has proved conclusively over these many decades. No American, let alone kids should be subject to this kind of indignity. Poor security policy. Then in the second case, we should extremely vet people who were not formally invited into this country in the first place. You say, the kids are here no fault of their own. True. But at the same time, they are here by no fault of ours either. Our Constitution calls for the government provide for the general welfare of our citizens -- I don't think the founders meant the citizens of all the nations of the world. In this dangerous world in which we live, we should assume the worst with immigrants until a thorough investigation proves otherwise -- in other words, guilty until proven innocent -- trust no one, suspect everyone (kinda like the way the IRS plays with U.S. taxpayers, so I'm sure you can relate).

Parkview_Pirate
01-27-2018, 04:05 PM
The government can only be counted on to "solve" this issue one way, with the plan unfolding over the next 15-20 years.

Dual/tri-citizenship for all, replace the dollar, looney and peso with the Amero, a future standard of living far below what we have today, more crime and violence, and continuous and expanded war, paid for by the 99%.

It's not a big secret. Brush up on your Spanish now, and beat the rush.

upthecreek
01-27-2018, 04:23 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/957357094306500611

Lemon Drop Husker
01-27-2018, 04:32 PM
She is pure evil. Right down to her very core.

There isn't a lick of goodness or sensibility in that bat shit crazy woman.

Tom
01-27-2018, 04:40 PM
If she were to move from California to NY, the average IQ of both states would go up 10 points.

boxcar
01-27-2018, 04:41 PM
The government can only be counted on to "solve" this issue one way, with the plan unfolding over the next 15-20 years.

Dual/tri-citizenship for all, replace the dollar, looney and peso with the Amero, a future standard of living far below what we have today, more crime and violence, and continuous and expanded war, paid for by the 99%.

It's not a big secret. Brush up on your Spanish now, and beat the rush.

And if you arrive at the U.N. early enough, you may not have to wait long in line to get your official, embossed and stamped World Citizenship Certificate, either. :coffee: