PDA

View Full Version : The Meadowlands "Survivor" Fri., Jan. 26

Teach
01-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Race One:

4 IRON DOME was closing fast in his last (27.2) in this company; he finished 2nd to Another Chapter. I believe that anything resembling that effort will put this 4-year old bay gelding in the winner’s circle. 6 MISSLAROSE finished just behind the top pick in that January 19th race. Trainer Ron Burke has Yannick Gingras in the bike. Monsieur Gingras, “Le Frelon Vert” (The Green Hornet), from Sorel, Quebec, Canada (just south of Trois Rivieres) is one the best. This Majestic Son-bred bay mare is capable of winning. 2 CR BLAZING BEAUTY draws well for her trainer, Al Annunziata. She had an impressive qualifier. This black mare’s early speed could possibly put her “on the engine,” or more likely, in a good rail-hugging stalking position. If this mare is ready…? 9 OSVALDO HANOVER draws poorly here. His most recent race at tight-turned Yonkers was nuthin to write home about. Yet, this lightly-raced Chapter Seven-bred did turn in a 1:58.1 up at “The Spa” last year. That would equate to about a 1:55 at “The Big M”. Not sure he can do that, but stranger things have happened. Austin Siegelman in the bike for trainer Tom Shay.

Race Two:

3 OPULENT YANKEE came “right off the bench” and trotting out a sterling victory. In this Muscles Yankee-bred’s current sharp form, I find it hard not to make him my top pick. “The Orange Crush,” Andy Ray Miller, reprises the ride (he must ration out this 7-year old gelding’s speed to ensure the victory. Julie Miller trains. 6 ROCK OF CASHEL is “the closer”. When your “the closer,” timing the winning move is everything. This Majestic Son-bred has been 3rd in his last two; one a Yonkers Raceway “marathon,” the other at Dover Downs. Eric Carlson is in the sulky for trainer Mark Harder. 4 THERES ADEMONINME turned in a stellar performance at Dover Downs over two weeks ago when this Kadabra-bred gelding finished 2nd in a 25k Open Handicap. I suppose my only concern is his 2+ weeks layoff of his last start. Yannick Gingras is in the bike for trainer Dylan Davis.

Race Three:

9 DERF HANOVER just missed last week as the odds in favorite in this company last week. The Cantab Hall-bred may have needed that one. I believe he’ll be that much “tighter” after last week’s start. I’m tempted to “single” him. Any Miller is in the sulky for trainer Jennifer Bongiorno. 6 PRESIDENTE ZETTE came “from out of the clouds” last week to nip the top choice. This Muscle Hill-bred brown horse is in sharp form. If the front speed collapses or the odds-on favorite doesn’t fire, it wouldn’t surprise me if this A-Nap driven horse is once again in the picture, but not at 29-1. 3 ALDABARAN EUREKA is my longshot suggestion. Yes, this Yankee Glide-bred has admittedly not shown too much. But wait. On December 16, this 3-year old trotted the mile in 1:58.1. If this brown colt has the kind of trot I believe he has, it could surprise. Marcus Miller for Jonas Czernyson.

Race Four:

7 FOX VALLEY CADET will need to clear. If he does without too much exertion, it could be “Katy Bar The Door”. His reinsman, Jim Marohn, Jr., is one of the best. Frankly, as cited, much will depend on that first-quarter. This Sportsmaster-bred gelding chances of gracing the winner’s circle depends on it. If you’re lookin’ elsewhere, I’m throwin’ in a longshot, FLY’N WITH ROYALTY. This Robert Ginsburg-owned and trained gelding drew a tough 9-hole start in his last. Make no mistake, this gelding has a degree of back-class. Vinny Ginsburg is the reinsman. 1 FORTY CARATS was gunned to the lead in his last in this company; he did well to hold on for 3rd. This aged pacer now gets post position relief. That, in my opinion, enhances his chances of being “a contendah” in this field. Brett Miller reprises the drive for trainer Brett Derue.

Race Five:

5 TROUBLE RIEU N was 2nd in this company last week. Any slight improvement would put this Great Success-bred in the winner’s circle. Jim Marohn, Jr. reprises the drive. 6 BELL A CHICK would be the perfect hunch bet with the Super Bowl just a little over a week away. Didn’t this trotter turn in a solid qualifier (27 secs.: Final quarter)? If this gelding can show any improvement off that effort…? “The Mainer,” Steve Smith, handles trotters very well. Karen Garland trains. 3 HS DEROY is my longshot try. This RC Royalty-bred gelding must avoid “dancing”. If he does, he’s capable of gracing the “Big M’s” infield tote. All depends on whether he stays flat. Finally, I move outside with 8 RUDDY RUSTY. This chestnut gelding has been running in those “OL’ Hilltop” “marathons,” withy, I might adds, little success. Yet, whenever Le Quebecois, Yannick Gingras, is in the bike, I always take notice.

Race Six:

4 ROCKIN REDFORD has strung together two-straight, back-to-back sterling performances. This gelding picks up a head of steam in the stretch and there’s nobody who’s going to catch him. Can he make it three-straight? I believe he can. A-Nap has the driving assignment for trainer Mark Ford. If you’re looking elsewhere, 3 LONG STORY SHORT held on to win in this company last week. Bill “You Da” Mann is in the sulky for trainer Monica Krist. Then, there’s 5 ABBIE’S CELTIC LASS. She was leading in this company at the top of the stretch in her last only to fade to 3rd. Andy Miller mans the lines for trainer Stacy “Hard as Nails” Chiodo. 6 IRON MINE JOHNNY shouldn’t be ruled out; he’s faced better. This 4 year-old gelding has the services of Brett Miller. Greg Haverstick trains.

Race Seven:

7 BETTORHAVEANOTHER turned in a solid effort after a month-long layoff. I believe this Bettor’s Delight mare moves up off that stellar effort. Yannick Gingras is in the bike. Others I’m considering are: 4 BRONZE OVER N. He’s back on the “big mile” for driver Brett Miller; Scott DiDomenico trains. 1 CARROBEAN PACETRY. He gets post position relief. He’s most capable of springing the upset. Tyler Buter is in the bike, 2 LADY OF HEAVEN would be a surprise; yet she might get involved.

Race Eight:

4 STERLING CADET is my longshot try. This Conway Hall-bred trotter has faced better. In this field, I believe he has a shot at springing the upset. Vinny Ginsburg is in the bike for trainer Jackie Greene. Others (I’m starting to run out of time for comments) are: 7, 2, 1

Race Nine:

1 GLENFERRIE BRONTE N was overmatched in her last. This mare now draws the rail. She faces a group she should be able to handle. Bill Mannreprises the drive for trainer Al Annunziata. Others: 2, 3, 5, 7

Race Ten:

3 TWO HIP DIP made an untimely break at the start of his last race in this company. A flawless trip would do wonders for this gelding’s chances of gracing the winner’s circle. Brett Miller reprises for trainer Michael Marx, Jr. Others: 1, 9, 4

davew
01-26-2018, 11:53 PM
you got quite a few right