PDA

View Full Version : Michigan State: How Far Does This Go?

Lemon Drop Husker
01-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Will Izzo and Dantonio need to step down as well?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-hollis-michigan-state-athletic-director-steps-down-larry-nassar-sexual-abuse-scandal/?linkId=47405851

Valuist
01-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Will Izzo and Dantonio need to step down as well?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-hollis-michigan-state-athletic-director-steps-down-larry-nassar-sexual-abuse-scandal/?linkId=47405851

There's a lot of blame to go around there, but I would be shocked if it extended to either Izzo or Dantonio.

JustRalph
01-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Izzy and Dantonio should step down. For one reason.

They would both be picked up inside a week and make more money.

Both are great at their jobs. I love Izzy. He gets a ton out of every team.

cj
01-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Izzy and Dantonio should step down. For one reason.

They would both be picked up inside a week and make more money.

Both are great at their jobs. I love Izzy. He gets a ton out of every team.

F#@! Tom Izzo and everyone else involved in the athletic program at Michigan State. What a disgusting situation. They should all be fired in disgrace. I hope the ring leaders involved in covering up assaults on women go to jail.

Valuist
01-26-2018, 10:58 PM
There's a lot of blame to go around there, but I would be shocked if it extended to either Izzo or Dantonio.

I take back what I said. Apparently a number of players on the football team were involved in sexual assaults.

cj
01-26-2018, 11:01 PM
I take back what I said. Apparently a number of players on the football team were involved in sexual assaults.

Basketball too, including a guy that was made a coach after playing.

MutuelClerk
01-27-2018, 12:25 AM
F#@! Tom Izzo and everyone else involved in the athletic program at Michigan State. What a disgusting situation. They should all be fired in disgrace. I hope the ring leaders involved in covering up assaults on women go to jail.

BINGO!!!! I live in Michigan. East Lansing is a fairly small town. This had been going on for years. So many victims. Tom Izzo is pretty well informed on the comings and goings in East Lansing. Hard to believe he had no idea.

What makes this disgusting situation even worse is the rats are deserting the ship. School President and AD stepped down. Resigned, whatever term you wanna use. But don't worry that golden parachute will keep them afloat. 750k a year. Season tickets. They must be so proud escaping before the crap really hits the fan. MSU has shown little compassion in this. If you're sending your kid to MSU to learn public relations you might wanna transfer schools.

Hangem high. Death Penalty. SHAME on the people who knew. If Dr. Nassar cared a little bit he'd rat out the people who covered this up. Speaking of Dr. Nassar I truly hope what they say about pedophiles in jail is true and he gets what is coming to him. A brutal death.......

lamboguy
01-27-2018, 04:38 AM
BINGO!!!! I live in Michigan. East Lansing is a fairly small town. This had been going on for years. So many victims. Tom Izzo is pretty well informed on the comings and goings in East Lansing. Hard to believe he had no idea.

What makes this disgusting situation even worse is the rats are deserting the ship. School President and AD stepped down. Resigned, whatever term you wanna use. But don't worry that golden parachute will keep them afloat. 750k a year. Season tickets. They must be so proud escaping before the crap really hits the fan. MSU has shown little compassion in this. If you're sending your kid to MSU to learn public relations you might wanna transfer schools.

Hangem high. Death Penalty. SHAME on the people who knew. If Dr. Nassar cared a little bit he'd rat out the people who covered this up. Speaking of Dr. Nassar I truly hope what they say about pedophiles in jail is true and he gets what is coming to him. A brutal death.......
the Italian lady judge in Michigan said when sentencing Nassar, I HAVE JUST SIGNED YOUR DEATH WARRANT. if she could have she would have fried up this guy herself. now she is giving the guy that gets him in the can the OK to ace this guy.

barahona44
01-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Speaking of Dr. Nassar I truly hope what they say about pedophiles in jail is true and he gets what is coming to him. A brutal death.......

First though, he should be the very special "girlfriend" of assorted inmates.Maybe all at once.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-27-2018, 09:48 AM

There are cover ups of sexual assault in both programs.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan-state/michigan-state-sexual-assault-ncaa-mark-emmert

Michigan State has a $3 Billion endowment. Bankruptcy seems imminent and the end of this university seems very possible, if not even likely.

MutuelClerk
01-27-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure this judge was elected or appointed. She was definitely grandstanding for the future. That being said. I think most people agree with her sentiments.

lamboguy
01-27-2018, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure this judge was elected or appointed. She was definitely grandstanding for the future. That being said. I think most people agree with her sentiments.
elected

JustRalph
01-27-2018, 10:32 AM

I haven’t read that either of them knew anything.......if that comes out.....sure......but until they are implicated as having knowledge, I don’t see how they should be skewered like the rest.

Remember, there were people at Penn State that got caught up in that mess that knew nothing.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-27-2018, 10:57 AM
I haven’t read that either of them knew anything.......if that comes out.....sure......but until they are implicated as having knowledge, I don’t see how they should be skewered like the rest.

Remember, there were people at Penn State that got caught up in that mess that knew nothing.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan-state/michigan-state-sexual-assault-ncaa-mark-emmert

JustRalph
01-27-2018, 11:49 AM

Ok, now you have my attention. Thanks!

37 football players? No charges? Now I’m interested to know how you get that many reports?

Saratoga_Mike
01-27-2018, 12:58 PM

All too reminiscent of the sick "leadership" (including Paterno) at Penn State.

cj
01-27-2018, 01:40 PM
All too reminiscent of the sick "leadership" (including Paterno) at Penn State.

I think it is going to be worse. Baylor too, which I still don't think we'll ever really know the extent of what went on there.

JustRalph
01-27-2018, 04:37 PM
How do Izzo and Dantonio get away with saying they haven’t had any problems, just a week ago? I read it just a week or so ago? Dantonio apparently deliberately “forgot” about 75% of his problems?

College police departments are famous for protecting students and athletes especially........but 20 plus incidents?

I was not aware of these incidents. They are going to be picked apart now. I hate ESPN as a source on anything, but if they are half right.......yikes!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/01/26/report-details-pattern-misconduct-inside-michigan-state-football-basketball/1069826001/

JustRalph
01-27-2018, 05:06 PM
I just saw Dantonio on TV denying the ESPN report and he skated around the number of incidents.

I see the cops getting killed in this too......

sammy the sage
01-28-2018, 03:00 PM
I just saw Dantonio on TV denying the ESPN report and he skated around the number of incidents.

They ALL SHOULD be...:bang::(:mad:....hope the HAMMER nails them all!

JustRalph
01-28-2018, 03:22 PM
They ALL SHOULD be...:bang::(:mad:....hope the HAMMER nails them all!

The more I read, the more I think you have to separate the Doctor and all that entails, and the two sports teams. But from what I can tell, one might be as bad as the other :bang:

I had no idea that the two teams had problems. It seems like every college has become adept at hiding or side stepping these issues.

The special prosecutor is going to be up to his ass in alligators investigating this shit.

ElKabong
01-28-2018, 10:31 PM
I think it is going to be worse. Baylor too, which I still don't think we'll ever really know the extent of what went on there.

Baylor and State Penn should have both been given the death penalty imho. For State Penn, three years. For Baylor, at least four years.

cj
01-29-2018, 08:28 AM
Baylor and State Penn should have both been given the death penalty imho. For State Penn, three years. For Baylor, at least four years.

And Michigan State is probably going to make those look mild in comparison when all is said and done.

JustRalph
01-29-2018, 12:11 PM
And Michigan State is probably going to make those look mild in comparison when all is said and done.

They need to separate the investigations. Football-Basketball should have separate investigators.

It appears the Doctor’s case is already well documented. It should be easier. After they all finish then they get together and figure it out. If they don’t do that I think they make a huge mistake.

Btw, it won’t be finished for a year or more and everybody will retire and lawyer up

burnsy
01-29-2018, 03:46 PM

Everyone that looked the other way should be. I'm not informed or in the know but its almost obvious that people covered this up for a long time. Its disgusting, I wanted to punch that bitch President in the face when i heard her statements and saw her expressions. Politics my ass, you covered this up because of politics you ignorant, educated moron. People came forward and it was swept under the carpet. I hope this gets to the discovery stage in lawsuits.........heads will roll and there may be criminal charges. People send there kids there and trust these idiots to do the right thing. This whole sordid affair is sickening. People bitch about the NFL, college sports stinks to high heaven with corruption.......look how much has come out in the past few months. "Oh but a few of those guys didn't stand for the anthem." Give me a f'ing break! I have a 26 year old daughter....I'd be going nuts and it wouldn't be good for some of these low life scum bags.