01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
ROY H

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Clear Sky Farms

Racetrack Playa
01-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Hello Vigors, I like Roy H.:ThmbUp:
What channel is this on ?, the horse Oscar's.

edit: found it
https://www.xbtv.com/watch-live/

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 08:31 PM
SCORPIANCER

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Juddmonte Farms...no surprise there.

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Of the SLR fire and PR hurricane damages

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Hello Vigors, I like Roy H.:ThmbUp:
What channel is this on ?, the horse Oscar's.

edit: found it
https://www.xbtv.com/watch-live/

Hi Playa, I'm watching it on the local station that hosts TVG...

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 09:00 PM
Can't wait for Perry Martin to come on...Love that guy..! He has the best humor of them all...:popcorn::headbanger::cool::jump:

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 09:13 PM
LADY ELI

cj
01-25-2018, 09:24 PM
These were my votes. Don't think my Filly Sprinter top pick made the Top 3.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2254893&postcount=1

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 09:34 PM
JOSE ORTIZ

Fager Fan
01-25-2018, 09:35 PM
Someone should be kind and suggest to the Ortiz brothers that they really (REALLY) need new haircuts.

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Chad Brown...!

GMB@BP
01-25-2018, 09:41 PM
UNIQUE BELLA

For Don Alberto Stables

pretty much a joke and says a lot about the voters. she never won a non restricted sprint all year.

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:04 PM
FOREVER UNBRIDLED

Tom
01-25-2018, 10:09 PM
So how does this all this benefit the bettors?
Oh, it doesn't.
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:11 PM
GUN RUNNER...!

mannyberrios
01-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Congratulations to Jose Ortiz

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:18 PM
Frank Stronach

ronsmac
01-25-2018, 10:28 PM
Brutal television.

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:29 PM
ABEL TASMAN

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:36 PM
WEST COAST

Fager Fan
01-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Brutal television.

You'd think after each excruciating broadcast they'd feel inspired to do something to make it less painful.

My suggestion is to hold it somewhere bigger and bring some life to the party by way of fans. They'd fill up a balcony to watch and clap and for God's sake, give the hosts some help by laughing and making some noise.

Maybe a fun band too.

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Caladonia Road

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 10:52 PM
GOOD MAGIC

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 11:02 PM
:headbanger::jump::cool::cool:....:eek::eek::eek:

GUN RUNNER

VigorsTheGrey
01-25-2018, 11:08 PM
Hey, they promised us Perry...:liar::ThmbDown: what gives...?

Congrats to all...!

Denny
01-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Watched for about 2 minutes. That was enough.

MonmouthParkJoe
01-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Someone should be kind and suggest to the Ortiz brothers that they really (REALLY) need new haircuts.

My kid asked if Irad was Jim Carrey's character from Dumb and Dumber with that haircut. :D:D

I watched the entire thing. Most people I talked to thought it was pretty brutal but I enjoyed it. I do appreciate it being on TVG though and watching last night.

onefast99
01-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Chad Brown...!Said Um or I 58 times. Amazing that an individual in his position has zero command of the English language. This isn't a knock on his training ability at all.

Fager Fan
01-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Said Um or I 58 times. Amazing that an individual in his position has zero command of the English language. This isn't a knock on his training ability at all.

That's nervousness.

Grits
01-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Said Um or I 58 times. Amazing that an individual in his position has zero command of the English language. This isn't a knock on his training ability at all.

Fast, Chad graduated from Cornell, and in sitting with him when I'm with his mom and dad at the races (at Saratoga) in these years since (and before) going out on his own, he has a fine command of English.

I will add this observation. He's a thinker, he's much quieter than a lot of people you would meet. Too, look at his mentor, he wasn't a big talker either. .... I think Fager has this one correct. "That's nervousness".

He's well educated and he's a hard working young man. He works from before sun up to long after sunset. Yes, he has assistants, but if one thinks those assistants are making the decisions regarding the horses care, their works, their shipping, their races, etc. one would be terribly mistaken.

cj
01-26-2018, 10:44 PM
Fast, Chad graduated from Cornell, and in sitting with him when I'm with his mom and dad at the races (at Saratoga) in these years since (and before) going out on his own, he has a fine command of English.

I will add this observation. He's a thinker, he's much quieter than a lot of people you would meet. Too, look at his mentor, he wasn't a big talker either. .... I think Fager has this one correct. "That's nervousness".

He's well educated and he's a hard working young man. He works from before sun up to long after sunset. Yes, he has assistants, but if one thinks those assistants are making the decisions regarding the horses care, their works, their shipping, their races, etc. one would be terribly mistaken.

I can't resist, always think of Andy Bernard when I hear Cornell.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d2/d2cc4f8371aebc867bda88ad9982b47797d6da4675593f0a50 1aa5805369710d.jpg

Fager Fan
01-27-2018, 09:15 AM

No one disputes that he or any trainer works hard. They all do. It's really a rather dreadful family life when you work 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, rare vacations or days off, going to bed at 8pm so you can be up at 3 or 4am.

But just as you note how long it takes to make the training charts for that many horses, then add all the time spent talking to owners, and doing things that manages that many horses and people, that leaves precious little time to be a hands-on trainer. He can't be. There simply isn't time when you have that many horses. He's a manager, with his assistants doing the usual training work.

There was a time when they restricted the number of horses someone claims as training, by saying the trainer has to be with those horses every third day or such. We need that kind of rule brought back (or even better, that the horse must be housed where the trainer is unless the horse is on layup or has shipped for a race).

Trainers in Chad's position have too much control over the entry boxes and riders and more.

Fager Fan
01-27-2018, 09:34 AM
I can't resist, always think of Andy Bernard when I hear Cornell.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d2/d2cc4f8371aebc867bda88ad9982b47797d6da4675593f0a50 1aa5805369710d.jpg

Funny. I loved that show until Carell left.

onefast99
01-27-2018, 11:07 AM

Ok so if you graduated from Cornell that should preclude you from working on an acceptance speech at an event that honors those who are the best in the business? My first trainer didn't graduate high school , but he won the Belmont Stakes recently and he was honored and spoke well when he had a few days to prepare for a speaking engagement. If you don't think this means something to those in the business as well as those who look up to someone like Chad and his accomplishments that they prepare for their acceptance you are sadly mistaken. And the "nervousness" factor is a poor excuse for not "preparing" yourself. As I originally stated in my reply this has nothing to do with his training abilities but come prepared when you are honored and requested to speak!

Tom
01-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Frank Stronach

You mean GREED?

How can a guy who is too stupid to time races or know how far they are run be honored by the industry, unless the industry is run by like idiots?

The whole Eclipse thing has lost all credibility.
Reward incompetence and greed and disrespect for customers and totally ignore the fan of he game. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

....and the horse you rode in on, too!

Fager Fan
01-27-2018, 04:52 PM
You mean GREED?

How can a guy who is too stupid to time races or know how far they are run be honored by the industry, unless the industry is run by like idiots?

The whole Eclipse thing has lost all credibility.
Reward incompetence and greed and disrespect for customers and totally ignore the fan of he game. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

....and the horse you rode in on, too!

Give it a rest, Tom.

Fager Fan
01-27-2018, 04:54 PM
Ok so if you graduated from Cornell that should preclude you from working on an acceptance speech at an event that honors those who are the best in the business? My first trainer didn't graduate high school , but he won the Belmont Stakes recently and he was honored and spoke well when he had a few days to prepare for a speaking engagement. If you don't think this means something to those in the business as well as those who look up to someone like Chad and his accomplishments that they prepare for their acceptance you are sadly mistaken. And the "nervousness" factor is a poor excuse for not "preparing" yourself. As I originally stated in my reply this has nothing to do with his training abilities but come prepared when you are honored and requested to speak!

I disagree with you. You can prepare a speech, and that has zero to do with being nervous when actually giving it. Chad may be smart, but he's not a natural speaker, isn't quick on his feet, not witty. Not everyone is a good public speaker or feels comfortable doing so. It's sort of nitty to pick on this.

cj
01-27-2018, 06:29 PM
I disagree with you. You can prepare a speech, and that has zero to do with being nervous when actually giving it. Chad may be smart, but he's not a natural speaker, isn't quick on his feet, not witty. Not everyone is a good public speaker or feels comfortable doing so. It's sort of nitty to pick on this.

Agree.

onefast99
01-29-2018, 10:06 AM
I disagree with you. You can prepare a speech, and that has zero to do with being nervous when actually giving it. Chad may be smart, but he's not a natural speaker, isn't quick on his feet, not witty. Not everyone is a good public speaker or feels comfortable doing so. It's sort of nitty to pick on this.That is why we have the forum, sometimes to disagree, but the fact that he didn't prepare for this honor means he may have had a lot of other things going on like training his horses and running his business and this wasn't something he felt he needed to prepare for. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it! Enjoy...