PDA

View Full Version : Pandy's Newest

lefty359
01-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Anybody have Pandy's newest software? Think it's called Speed Pace. If so, do you like it?

lefty359
01-24-2018, 08:54 PM
I got it wrong. It's called Power Pace and has 4 great reviews on Amazon.

headhawg
01-24-2018, 09:52 PM
To answer your question directly, yes I like it. Do I think it's the key to the mint? No. I use it in conjunction with other things but it's definitely part of all of my handicapping. If you don't have access to other pace numbers like TimeForm or RDSS the book is worth the cost, not only for the "systems", but it also includes a program to do the PowerPace calculations.

I should also add that the software/system is not a black box. Don't expect to play the best "figure" horse and win. Used properly, it's a very nice tool to add to a handicapper's arsenal.

Tom
01-24-2018, 10:16 PM
Dittos - I have it and like it.
I use the ideas right from the book without the software as well.
It is a good tool, like HH says.

hracingplyr
01-25-2018, 10:34 AM
I have it. Very good program. I use it for spot plays and use it in conjunction with how a particular track is playing.

Bob

Stevecsd
01-25-2018, 08:56 PM
I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have integrated with the other software I use and it has helped me a lot.

lefty359
01-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks, guys. I just ordered it. After sixty some odds yrs of betting horses I know there's no black box.

Pensacola Pete
01-28-2018, 04:48 PM
I got it wrong. It's called Power Pace and has 4 great reviews on Amazon.

And none of the four is a verified purchase, meaning that none of the four reviewers bought it from Amazon, but all four people found their way to Amazon, found the listing for the book, and left a review for it.

lefty359
01-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Does anybody that has find it fairly easy to use it without the software?

pandy
01-29-2018, 07:06 AM
Hey guys, thank you all for the good reviews. Power Pace has been well received. To answer your question, Lefty, in the book, I do go into detail about how to think differently when handicapping route races. I also cover sprints, but the stuff about route race handicapping is something that helped me a lot, and people who bought the book have remarked about it. Basically, it's trying to hone in on horses that are within striking distance of the leader at the quarter pole, and can finish. You do not need to use the software (which works with Bris single data files and other files) to get good use of the info in the book. The book also has a section about using Timeform early/late pace figures in a similar way to the Power Pace figures.

lefty359
01-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Pandy, I called you on the phone last Friday and ordered it. Looking forward for its arrival.

biggestal99
02-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Ordered it, got it, used it. Good solid meat and potatos handicapping. Straight forward and a good read. Thanks pandy

Allan

pandy
02-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Thanks Allan.

Clocker
02-01-2018, 07:56 PM
And none of the four is a verified purchase, meaning that none of the four reviewers bought it from Amazon, but all four people found their way to Amazon, found the listing for the book, and left a review for it.

Amazon is not selling the book, Pandy is as an Amazon Marketplace participant. If you buy the book on Amazon, Amazon charges your account, takes a commission, and forwards the order to the seller.

If you looks at the details, Pandy has been given feedback by 155 people who bought from him through Amazon, with a 96% positive rating.

pandy
02-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Amazon is not selling the book, Pandy is as an Amazon Marketplace participant. If you buy the book on Amazon, Amazon charges your account, takes a commission, and forwards the order to the seller.

If you looks at the details, Pandy has been given feedback by 155 people who bought from him through Amazon, with a 96% positive rating.

Just for the record, I sell my books and systems on my own websites, as well as on Amazon and ebay. If you sell books you pretty much have to use Amazon because it is such a powerful marketplace.

As for the Amazon feedback rating, it's a little screwy compared to say, the feedback on ebay. For instance, I have over 1500 lifetime feedbacks on ebay dating back to 1997 and not a single negative. I was a power seller until they changed their protocol. But on Amazon, for some reason, some people get confused about what the feedback rating is, as compared to say, a review. A couple of people who wanted to give me a review that was less than four or five stars put it in the feedback instead. But the feedback in strictly about shipping, packaging, customer service, etc. It is entirely different than the reviews. If not for a few people who didn't understand the difference between a critical review of the book and a feedback review of the actual shipping, packaging, etc., I would have a near perfect feedback rating. I pride myself on customer service and I have a money back guarantee on all of my products.

Clocker
02-01-2018, 08:47 PM
If not for a few people who didn't understand the difference between a critical review of the book and a feedback review of the actual shipping, packaging, etc., I would have a near perfect feedback rating. I pride myself on customer service and I have a money back guarantee on all of my products.

I used to sell on Marketplace, and a 96% positive is about as good as it gets there. You wonder why some of those people buy books, their reading comprehension is sadly lacking. :rolleyes:

Pensacola Pete
02-05-2018, 05:05 AM

It states on Amazon that it's a verified purchase if it's bought (paid for) at Amazon. That way they have a record of the purchase.

EDIT: To show what I mean, Mr. Pandolfo has another book for sale at Amazon, which has five reviews, and all of them are verified purchases.

pandy
02-05-2018, 07:34 AM
It states on Amazon that it's a verified purchase if it's bought (paid for) at Amazon. That way they have a record of the purchase.

EDIT: To show what I mean, Mr. Pandolfo has another book for sale at Amazon, which has five reviews, and all of them are verified purchases.

That's right, if the review was left by a person who purchased the item on Amazon, it's recorded as a verified purchase. But you could still buy a book from my website and leave a review on Amazon. I never pay anyone or tell friends to leave reviews, which some writers do. I remember reading about some guy who has a bunch of digital novels for sale and he sold a million copies but when he started he paid people $100 to leave positive reviews of his book, which is pretty dishonest.

But what I will do sometimes, if I get an email from a customer who tells me how much he loves my book, I will ask him if he would mind leaving a review on Amazon.

One of the strangest things on Amazon is the drop-selling. How it works, there have been people selling my books, which I publish myself. They show that they have the book in stock, which is impossible, and they list it for three or four times the regular price. If someone buys it from them, they then order it from me! I contacted Amazon several times about these annoying and fraudulent drop sellers. But I can tell when one gets a sale because they buy the book from me and then ask me to ship it to another address in another state. Twice I caught them and I canceled the order, and I told them, I don't deal with drop sellers.