PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus PPs and GP

linrom1
01-23-2018, 03:44 PM
By the time they'll publish the PPs, I'll lose all interest. No, thanks, the sport can't do anything right!

I can't wait to bet all the claiming trash can races that GP is putting forward between now and Sat..28 total;.yeah GP got it right especially their turf races on dirt.:puke: The ones on Sat don't look all that promising either, their graded stakes are devoid of any class runners, except the turf sprit if Morticia will run.

All the top trainers from the northeast must be taking time off at the farm too!

therussmeister
01-23-2018, 04:06 PM
I love "claiming trash can races" and maidens too! They are far and away my favorite races to handicap.

Whilst many here complain about the quality of the cards these days, I've never been happier in my 32 1/2 years of betting.

This is not sarcasm, I am serious.

Tom
01-23-2018, 04:32 PM
Give me a nickel claimer nw1, 6 months any day.
9-2 pays $11 no matter what class the race is.

(When I started playing, $5,000 claimers were what we looked forward to - the classy horses!)

jay68802
01-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Fonner Park is opening soon. $2500 N2L races, Yeah Baby, bring it. By the way at Fonner N2L means for horses that have not injured 2 legs.

Denny
01-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Turf writers have been trying to convince us forever that only Stakes races matter.

That's a big reason the sport is in the shape it's in.

When I was young, many years ago, people enjoyed betting horses from just reading the entries in the newspaper.

It didn't matter the Class. People wanted action.

Turf writing authorities have done the game no favors by only talking and writing about Stakes.

The tracks pay the same way - no matter the level - and a race is just as exciting when your money is on the line and they're coming down the stretch.

The Speed Figure guys are also a big part of the problem. They want you to believe a horse is only good if it runs a big number.

Which is a lot of BS IMO.

I make more money betting nw6500,optional claimers, or the like, in harness racing than i ever did betting the Grand Circuit.

Thoroughbreds are no different.

Don't fall for the hype.

Afleet
01-23-2018, 07:39 PM
Fonner Park is opening soon. $2500 N2L races, Yeah Baby, bring it. By the way at Fonner N2L means for horses that have not injured 2 legs.

I played a few cards there last year-didn't do very well. I have very fond memories of my dad:rip: taking me there when I was a kid. I hope they do well! I might lose a few dollars there this season or might go for a live card

jay68802
01-23-2018, 07:55 PM
I been there opening weekend for 25 of the last 30 yrs. Remember, any horse "previously trained by.....and not claimed from a race is a bet against.

Afleet
01-23-2018, 08:44 PM
I been there opening weekend for 25 of the last 30 yrs. Remember, any horse "previously trained by.....and not claimed from a race is a bet against.

interesting-hope I can remember that. Does Fonner get $5k in the pick 3/trifecta pools?

jay68802
01-23-2018, 09:03 PM
interesting-hope I can remember that. Does Fonner get $5k in the pick 3/trifecta pools?

maybe the tri, I got the whole Pick 3 pool once and it paid just over $800.00.

River11
01-23-2018, 09:14 PM
I love "claiming trash can races" and maidens too! They are far and away my favorite races to handicap.

Whilst many here complain about the quality of the cards these days, I've never been happier in my 32 1/2 years of betting.

This is not sarcasm, I am serious.

Agreed, weened on River Downs, Latonia and Beulah. Later Cahokia and Fairmont.

River11
01-23-2018, 09:17 PM
maybe the tri, I got the whole Pick 3 pool once and it paid just over $800.00.

Once in the early 90's thoroughbred meet at Bluegrass Downs had the single ticket pick 3 for $500.

jay68802
01-23-2018, 09:53 PM
They started a $.50 "rainbow" pick 5 that has really affected the pick 3, and pick 4 pools.

We had a race last year, the highest speed figure in the 8 horses was 24. Horse was beaten by 15 lengths and only beat 1 horse. Showed no early speed and went wire to wire as the favorite. Gave us all a good laugh.

mikekk
01-23-2018, 11:15 PM
I scooped the place pool at one of the up-country tracks here back in the 90's. Horse paid something like $6.20 to win, $72.00 to place. Proving once again the win/place is a viable strategy!

fiznow
01-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Turf writers have been trying to convince us forever that only Stakes races matter.

That's a big reason the sport is in the shape it's in.

When I was young, many years ago, people enjoyed betting horses from just reading the entries in the newspaper.

It didn't matter the Class. People wanted action.

Turf writing authorities have done the game no favors by only talking and writing about Stakes.

The tracks pay the same way - no matter the level - and a race is just as exciting when your money is on the line and they're coming down the stretch.

The Speed Figure guys are also a big part of the problem. They want you to believe a horse is only good if it runs a big number.

Which is a lot of BS IMO.

I make more money betting nw6500,optional claimers, or the like, in harness racing than i ever did betting the Grand Circuit.

Thoroughbreds are no different.

Don't fall for the hype.

Well said, I agree. And I never thought just Stakes races are the best races to bet on and to make money.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2018, 07:32 PM

Which is a lot of BS IMO.You must be rich by now then...cause a lot of people use speed figures, and if you know something they don't, you should be owning your own island by now.

And yeah, I can see what you mean...I see horses that run 50 Beyers beating horses than run 105 Beyers all the time...:rolleyes:

AltonKelsey
01-24-2018, 07:57 PM
You must be rich by now then...cause a lot of people use speed figures, and if you know something they don't, you should be owning your own island by now.

And yeah, I can see what you mean...I see horses that run 50 Beyers beating horses than run 105 Beyers all the time...:rolleyes:

Problem is, they are beating them back to the barn , not the wire.

soonboomer
01-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Plenty of big fields at Gulfstream. No complaints from me.

Denny
01-24-2018, 08:23 PM
P.A.,

Speed figures have ruined the sport for the general public is what I'm saying.

The sport was more interesting when we cared about who-beat-who.

Not because of the 'number' they ran.

Tom
01-24-2018, 10:02 PM
So who is stopping you from ignoring the numbers and going who beat who?

Just because they are doesn't mean you have to use them.
Use BRIS Customer Generator and create your own PPs with no speed or figures in them.

MONEY
01-24-2018, 10:13 PM
If the link doesn't work, go to Whobets page then go down below the free PPs
and click on Bob Baffert
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/Baffert/BAFFERT+BOB/9999/summary.htm

fiznow
01-25-2018, 04:21 AM
People already said 15 years ago horse racing is dying. And theyre still lamenting. Not just in America, everywhere.

Personally im not so excited about the Pegasus Cup as the real World Cup is in Dubai for me. But it helps to keep racing popular.
Maybe the next thing Stronach will do is his own Triple Crown. Who knows...

Tom
01-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Maybe the next thing Stronach will do is his own Triple Crown. Who knows...

Yeah, what could go wrong?

bpiets
01-25-2018, 11:16 AM
looks like a 5-2-10-6 race ......final race on the card saturday at gulfstream...the PEGASUS.......:)

RunForTheRoses
01-25-2018, 08:35 PM
If the link doesn't work, go to Whobets page then go down below the free PPs
and click on Bob Baffert
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/Baffert/BAFFERT+BOB/9999/summary.htm

Got it, thanks.

Interesting that Stellar Wind has been in Florida for quite some time. Could be in the money or super.

RunForTheRoses
01-25-2018, 08:39 PM
Got it, thanks.

Interesting that Stellar Wind has been in Florida for quite some time. Could be in the money or super.

...And now I see why, Mr Brown. Did not know that.

Afleet
01-25-2018, 08:48 PM
...And now I see why, Mr Brown. Did not know that.

she was bought at auction and turned over to Brown for one race-the Pegasus

Lemon Drop Husker
01-27-2018, 10:54 AM

Was at opening day 2 years ago.

8 horse in the 6th race. Best Shobiz Price. Was working at Fonner for nearly a month with 2 hidden bullets. ML of 4/1, and went off at 20/1. Winner, Ex, Tri and pool scooped the nothing P3. It was a fun day. :headbanger:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=FON&raceDate=02/26/2016&cy=USA&rn=6

jay68802
01-27-2018, 11:20 AM
Was at opening day 2 years ago.

8 horse in the 6th race. Best Shobiz Price. Was working at Fonner for nearly a month with 2 hidden bullets. ML of 4/1, and went off at 20/1. Winner, Ex, Tri and pool scooped the nothing P3. It was a fun day. :headbanger:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=FON&raceDate=02/26/2016&cy=USA&rn=6

And a great race in that the 7 and 9 were previously trained by.....and not claimed horses.

upthecreek
01-27-2018, 11:34 AM
https://twitter.com/HorseRaceSite/status/957281908710346752

Tom
01-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Franky to his loyal CUSTOMERS - Screw You!

And this jerk got an eclipse award????
Tells me all I need to know about the phony awards program.

A phony purse on a stupid distance with a moronic run up and timed by a faulty timer. Oh, yes, and for a WORLD cup, there don't seem to be to many foreign horses in it.

Just REEKS of class. :puke: