PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NCAA tourney

Valuist
01-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Too early? There's two weeks of hype on the "Big Game" (I'm afraid the NFL will come down on PA if I call it the real name), so it's really not that far away.

I took a few flyers in the futures:

Virginia at 20/1
West Virginia at 33/1
Cincinnati at 40/1

jocko699
01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Too early? There's two weeks of hype on the "Big Game" (I'm afraid the NFL will come down on PA if I call it the real name), so it's really not that far away.

I took a few flyers in the futures:

Virginia at 20/1
West Virginia at 33/1
Cincinnati at 40/1

Never too early. WV intrigues me but the whole tournament is what sports in about.,

Valuist
01-22-2018, 06:55 PM
Never too early. WV intrigues me but the whole tournament is what sports in about.,

Big 12 is loaded this year, and the team that defends the best in the B12 is WV. Conference teams get to see it twice, but teams from other conferences are going to struggle against that press without experience against it.

reckless
01-23-2018, 12:17 AM
West Virginia has the roughest conference road schedule of any college team in the country, thanks to being in the Big 12 conference. I believe their closest road trip is Ames, Iowa when they play Iowa State, and that's over 500 miles from Morgantown, WV.

This should 'help' them when the NCAAs come around, in addition to being an extremely talented and well-coached team.

sammy the sage
01-23-2018, 07:59 AM
Don't forget the Fla. Gators....last year when making a run to the elite 8...lost Big man Iggy...(that's a nickname}....he's still out this year...hopefully due back in Feb....they're battle tested like W.Virg...having played Gonz. Duke. Cinn. and more....and competing quite well with-out him...with him...will be VERY dangerous out...

Valuist
01-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Don't forget the Fla. Gators....last year when making a run to the elite 8...lost Big man Iggy...(that's a nickname}....he's still out this year...hopefully due back in Feb....they're battle tested like W.Virg...having played Gonz. Duke. Cinn. and more....and competing quite well with-out him...with him...will be VERY dangerous out...

Can't bet them all. West Va looked awful in the second half last night, but its OK to get a crappy loss out of the way in late January.

Florida, Tennessee and Auburn kind of all in the same boat. Can't talk anyone off a big price, but I will need to see more.