PDA

View Full Version : California Has Seceded

MONEY
01-19-2018, 10:42 PM
They don't use E-Verfy, the police have been ordered to not cooperate with federal law enforcement and now this.

“It’s important, given these rumors that are out there, to let people know – more specifically today, employers – that if they voluntarily start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office,” state Attorney General Xavier Becerra said at a news conference. “We will prosecute those who violate the law.”

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article195434409.html

barahona44
01-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Interesting that it's a liberal state that's invoking state's rights.

woodtoo
01-20-2018, 07:33 AM

I don't see as States rights but as illegal citizen rights as that is who they are protecting, how US citizens feel well that's another ball of wax.

Fager Fan
01-20-2018, 08:47 AM

It'd be interesting if it had anything to do with state's rights.

chadk66
01-20-2018, 10:25 AM
we couldn't get so lucky as having them leave.

dkithore
01-20-2018, 10:32 AM
They don't use E-Verfy, the police have been ordered to not cooperate with federal law enforcement and now this.

“It’s important, given these rumors that are out there, to let people know – more specifically today, employers – that if they voluntarily start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office,” state Attorney General Xavier Becerra said at a news conference. “We will prosecute those who violate the law.”

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article195434409.html
Bacerra is a mexican-chicano and it is but natural that he protects those illegals from his home country. I am patiently waiting to see this guys brought to justice for harboring illegals among whom are hard core gang members and criminals and perhaps cartels pay him to do their bidding or else. Scary stuff.

woodtoo
01-20-2018, 10:39 AM

Watched a video of the Mayor of Oakland telling law officers not to do their job
when it comes to reporting illegals to ICE and barring them from helping.
Criminals come on down to Oakland we loves ya!!:bang:

MONEY
01-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Watched a video of the Mayor of Oakland telling law officers not to do their job
when it comes to reporting illegals to ICE and barring them from helping.
Criminals come on down to Oakland we loves ya!!:bang:

Sadly, those kind of speeches are nothing new.
When I was a cop in NY we got similar speeches, our mayor was Rudolph Giuliani.

Inner Dirt
01-20-2018, 11:05 AM
So California is basically telling employers to violate Federal law.

zico20
01-20-2018, 11:43 AM

Liberals do not mind this at all. What if Idaho started manufacturing and selling machine guns and grenades, violating federal law. Or if South Dakota stops a woman from getting an abortion, etc. There will be anarchy if each state violated federal law. There is already a 200 year old SCOTUS decision on this. McCulloch vs Maryland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCulloch_v._Maryland

This case established two important principles in constitutional law. First, the Constitution grants to Congress implied powers for implementing the Constitution's express powers, in order to create a functional national government. Second, state action may not impede valid constitutional exercises of power by the Federal government.

oughtoh
01-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Unfortunately I live in Ca. they go by their laws not the Federal laws and have been doing this for a long time. They think they can do anything they want and get away with it.

delayjf
01-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Start arresting the Gov Officials who are enforcing these laws for federal violations. Allow citizens to sue states who are harmed due to that states non-compliance with federal immigration laws.

boxcar
01-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately I live in Ca. they go by their laws not the Federal laws and have been doing this for a long time. They think they can do anything they want and get away with it.

Trump should start calling Kalifornia for the kind of state it really is: Scofflaw State and the cities therein Scofflaw Cities -- not sanctuary cities.

Tom
01-20-2018, 12:09 PM

A commie invoking treason.
Grab this jerk and throw is ass in federal prison.
And keep it there.

( and of course, water board the S-Hole of an A-hole.)

Secede Hell - throw them out of the union and take all of their land by eminent domain.
Californian has nothing in common with the USA. And should be awarded the benifits of being in the union.

Inner Dirt
01-20-2018, 12:16 PM

I lived in Southern California from birth in 1961 until 2010, I watched it slowly turn into a shit hole. Every time I visited another state I did not want to go back. It is never too late to escape, get out while you can.

Dave Schwartz
01-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Liberals do not mind this at all. What if Idaho started manufacturing and selling machine guns and grenades, violating federal law. Or if South Dakota stops a woman from getting an abortion, etc. There will be anarchy if each state violated federal law. There is already a 200 year old SCOTUS decision on this. McCulloch vs Maryland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCulloch_v._Maryland

This case established two important principles in constitutional law. First, the Constitution grants to Congress implied powers for implementing the Constitution's express powers, in order to create a functional national government. Second, state action may not impede valid constitutional exercises of power by the Federal government.

That's an excellent article. Thank you.

It appears to me that the issue here has been (as someone else colorfully mentioned) gradual. Over time California has gently pushed the envelope, first choosing to ignore enforcement of federal law, then circumventing, then openly resisting, and finally, putting elements into play that actually are in direct opposition to the law.

Certainly there is a day of reckoning coming, but how will it play out?

In what could be a test case the government lost while trying to withhold fed funds from Philadelphia (https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/philadelphia-wins-sanctuary-city-ruling-in-federal-court) for being a sanctuary city this year.

There is also the logical side: If the fed funds for welfare are withheld from California, how many days does it take for the riots to engulf more than just the poor areas? If it continues, how long before it spills over across the entire west?

It appears that states can do pretty much as they damn well please and the federal money will continue to flow.

I'd really like to be wrong, so welcome explanations of how it can play out.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Fager Fan
01-20-2018, 05:54 PM
I know they sued over this, but I'd love nothing more than to send $0 federal funding to CA. Let them pay for their own choices, let them flourish or flounder as a result of their choices.

OntheRail
01-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Here is a thought... put the money in escrow. If they can not withhold funds due to the 9th circus court place the fund on hold like when one has an issue with a landlord... they can pay the money into a court controlled escrow account and once they fix the issue it's released. Technically they would not be withholding funds. :coffee:

Tom
01-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Trump controls the military - screw the 9th circus court and screw Kalifornia.
Tell them if they want the fund, come get them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5O340A6fMQ