PDA

View Full Version : Cancellations

Tom
01-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Anyone have any idea where Equibase hides the cancellations from before 2018?
They USED to have a box to click for previous years, but no more.

Remember when EB was actually a useful website? :bang:

cj
01-19-2018, 02:10 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Gone_with_the_Wind_cover.jpg

Tom
01-20-2018, 11:54 AM
I have always relied on the kindness of strangers.
But now, frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

:lol:

Thanks

Saratoga_Mike
01-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Not worth its own thread, so I'll ask here - anyone know why race 1 at Laurel was canceled today?

fiznow
01-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Not worth its own thread, so I'll ask here - anyone know why race 1 at Laurel was canceled today?

I was wondering too. At Equibase it says 'Management Decision'.

castaway01
01-20-2018, 02:51 PM

Laurel's Twitter says it was due to "quarantine-related scratches".

Guess they only had 2 or 3 horses left in the race and decided not to run it?

Tom
01-20-2018, 04:58 PM
TVG said it was due to the quarantine.

vegasone
01-21-2018, 06:21 AM
Although not quite as easy the charts will be there with a cancelled notice

Tom
01-21-2018, 10:16 AM
I ended up going BRIS and looking for archived charts - no link on that date, no racing.

EB - Enormous Bother!

vegasone
01-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Must be before they started putting the cancelled charts in also. I save all the cancelled pages except forgot this year:bang:

ubercapper
01-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Anyone have any idea where Equibase hides the cancellations from before 2018?
They USED to have a box to click for previous years, but no more.

Remember when EB was actually a useful website? :bang:

You can use this URL to check for previous year's cancellations. This URL is for 2017 but just switch out the year for a previous years' cancellation page. I can't say for sure how far back it goes but I went as far back as 2010 with no issues.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/cancellations.cfm?y=2017

Since the functionality does exist we will be adding a drop down menu to help find previous year's cancellations in the near future.

When these kinds of things get noticed, please send email to feedback@equibase.com and if we can address the issue, we will.

cj
01-22-2018, 01:04 PM
You can use this URL to check for previous year's cancellations. This URL is for 2017 but just switch out the year for a previous years' cancellation page. I can't say for sure how far back it goes but I went as far back as 2010 with no issues.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/cancellations.cfm?y=2017

Since the functionality does exist we will be adding a drop down menu to help find previous year's cancellations in the near future.

When these kinds of things get noticed, please send email to feedback@equibase.com and if we can address the issue, we will.

These are good especially for finding partial day cancellations. Thanks!

Tom
01-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Thanks, I did not get that address when I went through Google - I got one with no date. I saved the one you posted. Like CJ said, it is handy to get partial cancellations to keep my db's updated.

This is what google gave me
https://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/cancellations.html

ubercapper
01-23-2018, 10:25 AM
There is now a drop down menu near the top of the frame that displays the cancellations page going back to 2013.

Tom
01-23-2018, 10:57 AM
Thanks again.

ubercapper
01-29-2018, 09:56 AM
Thanks again.

You're welcome.

As CJ (and perhaps others) have pointed out, we try, and I am not the only one that cares about making corrections and improvements whenever possible.

As written previously, not just for you but for anyone on the board, don't hesitate to email feedback@equibase.com if you notice an error or (in this case) omission. Suggestions are welcomed as well. If you want to add my name (Ellis for those that don't know who I am) to the email that's fine and that should insure I see it.