PDA

View Full Version : Delta just canceled

lamboguy
01-18-2018, 07:00 PM
i am alive on a double and will get paid on a consolation. but the takeout on the double is higher than the win bet and in essence that is all i have now so i will get a lower payoff.

PoloUK6108
01-19-2018, 09:27 AM
Should be boycotting Delta anyway

upthecreek
01-19-2018, 10:16 AM
https://twitter.com/brooklyncowboy1/status/954063131013197825

upthecreek
01-19-2018, 10:18 AM
https://twitter.com/icareihelp/status/954024253376131074

green80
01-19-2018, 10:45 AM
That track is brutal on horses, very deep. Few run their best race on it and some won't run on it at all.

PoloUK6108
01-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Then they get sent to the kill pen for it...

F*ck Delta Downs..f*ck Louisiana racing for that matter. Fair Grounds only track that's halfway decent and I'm being very generous giving that much credit.

cj
01-19-2018, 04:40 PM
Then they get sent to the kill pen for it...

F*ck Delta Downs..f*ck Louisiana racing for that matter. Fair Grounds only track that's halfway decent and I'm being very generous giving that much credit.

Hopefully they act, I know some people are in fact sending the requested proof.

https://twitter.com/DeltaDowns/status/954458647039496192

https://twitter.com/DeltaDowns/status/954462159328677888

djm1959
01-19-2018, 04:43 PM
weird thats the track my win % is the best,, its like those half mile harness tracks in ny, they win cause the post positions, especially the multi turn races at delta i win mostly by looking for closers with inside posts,,, saving ground, many overpriced winners year after year, avoid the 5f races like the plague

BrentT
01-19-2018, 05:01 PM
What’s the boycott delta all about?
I run horses in Louisiana and I know they won’t stand for slaughter. They will revoke stalls for numerous reasons, if you have stone cold proof please send it to them, or me and I’ll get it to them..

I can’t say I know of anyone or even heard of anyone doing such, if I do I would immediately report them. And hope you do the same.

And as far as the track, it’s better to be alittle slow and deep, than hard as a rock like Evangeline and cause many more problems with a horse.

Delta is actually one of the best betting tracks if you ask me, mostly big fields, which means big payouts.

BrentT
01-19-2018, 05:04 PM
Hopefully they act, I know some people are in fact sending the requested proof.

https://twitter.com/DeltaDowns/status/954458647039496192

https://twitter.com/DeltaDowns/status/954462159328677888

What’s the prof and what horses etc.
I’ll get the info to the correct people.
I don’t stand for slaughter at all. 1million percent against.

Edit.....I’m reading the tweets now

cj
01-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Whatís the prof and what horses etc.
Iíll get the info to the correct people.
I donít stand for slaughter at all. 1million percent against.

This lady rescues tons of horses. I donate when I can. She can use all the help she can get. She has pulled the horses from Delta out of the kill pens and has the lip tattoos and stuff. Some have raced very recently and still had racing shoes on.

https://twitter.com/icareihelp/status/954458816317415430

BrentT
01-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Please post all known horses and what you may know. Iíll be over there first week of Feb., and I will bring this and everything up in front of the stewards and commission.

I beg you please.
Thanks

BrentT
01-19-2018, 05:09 PM
This lady rescues tons of horses. I donate when I can. She can use all the help she can get. She has pulled the horses from Delta out of the kill pens and has the lip tattoos and stuff. Some have raced very recently and still had racing shoes on.

https://twitter.com/icareihelp/status/954458816317415430

I don’t have Twitter. Do you have her last name perhaps so I can look her up and try and get a number

Edit.... Nevermind, I found her website.

cj
01-19-2018, 05:17 PM
I donít have Twitter. Do you have her last name perhaps so I can look her up and try and get a number

Edit.... Nevermind, I found her website.

Awesome, thanks.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Does this mean we need to boycott Trainers/Owners willing to sell their horses to Japan?

Japan, a country in which 90% of thoroughbred horses are slaughtered?

Thankfully, we got horses like Charismatic and War Emblem back in the states before they were slated to be off'ed.

cj
01-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Does this mean we need to boycott Trainers/Owners willing to sell their horses to Japan?

Thankfully, we got horses like Charismatic and War Emblem back in the states before they were slated to be off'ed.

Are horses sold with the explicit purpose to be butchered? I tend to doubt that.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-19-2018, 06:02 PM
Are horses sold with the explicit purpose to be butchered? I tend to doubt that.

They know the end game.

They sold for profit.

Saying anything otherwise is purely naive.

Mulerider
01-19-2018, 06:14 PM

I've got no problem with that. Or shaming them mercilessly on social media, for that matter, not that they'd care once the check cleared. I'll bet for every Sunday Silence there are fifty Ferdinands. Lani didn't hit the board in 2017. I would be utterly unsurprised if he met the same fate.

castaway01
01-19-2018, 08:07 PM
They know the end game.

They sold for profit.

This isn't Japan. Right now people are trying to save horses, so playing "whataboutism" with the issue is pretty low.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-19-2018, 08:38 PM
This isn't Japan. Right now people are trying to save horses, so playing "whataboutism" with the issue is pretty low.

Thanks for the "Whataboutism" Democrat cry.

Sorry that you don't know about how the real world industry works.

Horses get slaughtered every single day. On multiple continents.

Fantastic that we make a stand upon a small industry race track with trainers and owners and jockeys trying to scratch out a living while dismissing what should be the greater cause.

I find it absolutely disgusting to be honest.

Large tracks don't have to worry as they depend upon their herd to be culled and shipped to lesser tracks, and the worst eventually will get slaughtered. No blood on their hands, right?

Why mess with the drug dealer when you really want the Kingpin?

cj
01-19-2018, 09:03 PM
They know the end game.

They sold for profit.

Horses like War Emblem were sent to breed as I'm sure you know, come on. Comparing the two things is ridiculous.

cj
01-19-2018, 09:06 PM

Fantastic that we make a stand upon a small industry race track with trainers and owners and jockeys trying to scratch out a living while dismissing what should be the greater cause.

Large tracks don't have to worry as they depend upon their herd to be culled and shipped to lesser tracks, and the worst eventually will get slaughtered. No blood on their hands, right?

Why mess with the drug dealer when you really want the Kingpin?

It is an industry problem, not a Delta Downs problem, I agree with that.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-19-2018, 09:18 PM
It is an industry problem, not a Delta Downs problem, I agree with that.

Thank you. I just want people to realize that.

None of us want to have happen what is happening in the Thoroughbred racing industry.

Maybe this a big red flashing light to make a change very well worth a change.

BrentT
01-20-2018, 01:40 AM
I talked to Dina alittle. She said she couldn’t release any names at the moment, but in about 2 weeks for whatever reason she will list multiple names of horses/people involved. She’s got something cooking, so let’s hope for the best for her. She said she would stay in touch.

green80
01-20-2018, 10:36 AM
What is happening now is that the trainers/owners that want to get rid of a horse are selling them to an independent 3rd party that is not involved in racing. This third party tells tells the owner/trainer that he is going to make the horse into a jumper, pleasure horse, whatever and then that 3rd party takes it directly to the killer. If one of these horses is found at the killer and it is traced back to the owner, the owner produces the bill of sale where he sold the horse to the 3rd party. Since the previous owner can't control what
happens after the horse is sold it relieves him of any penalties imposed by racing. A lot of times these horses change hands two or three times between the racetrack and the killer. This is a hard problem to fix without a nationwide ban on horse slaughter.

green80
01-20-2018, 10:54 AM

At the livestock auctions around here, there are buyers that are known "killer buyers". Horses that they buy are going directly to slaughter.

cj
01-20-2018, 11:47 AM
At the livestock auctions around here, there are buyers that are known "killer buyers". Horses that they buy are going directly to slaughter.

I meant the horses sold to Japan. I know what is happening at Delta (and other lower level tracks).

onefast99
01-20-2018, 12:04 PM

Why mess with the drug dealer when you really want the Kingpin?Every track we race at has a horse retirement fee taken out of the purse. I cannot tell you if this will save "x" amount of horses or not but that alone means someone is now listening and helping to save these beautiful creatures...on the other hand I do receive calls every once in a while to donate money for a horse we previously owned who was penciled in to go to slaughter and the donation would save the horse. Some of these calls are scams and others are the real thing. Hopefully more owners do the right thing and retire the horse(s) to a good home.

upthecreek
01-28-2018, 09:58 AM
https://twitter.com/brooklyncowboy1/status/957404535466676224

upthecreek
01-28-2018, 12:03 PM
https://twitter.com/brooklyncowboy1/status/957489865758822400