PDA

View Full Version : UK Racing and Turnaround

WP1981
01-18-2018, 01:22 AM
Since I have been following international racing almost exclusively lately, I have noticed some crazy quick returns to the track that amaze me.

Case in point a horse named Spare Parts, running tommorow in the opener at Chelmsford.

He won on the 3rd of this month at Wolverhamton, came back and won at Kempton on the 10th, won at Chelmsford on the 11th and then won today at Lingfield.

Are these feats possible here and has it ever been done? He is currently the 7/4 chalk, picking up a lot of weight as he goes along but will probably pull it out again.

There was one a few months ago named Hammer Time (or something close) that won at 100-1, then rattled off 5 or 6 straight as the favorite just like this. Spare Parts has been the favorite in all of his wins.

biggestal99
01-18-2018, 05:30 AM
Horses that get good like spare parts are trying to sta ahead y of the handicapper.

Every week the official rating are published for every horse in the uk.

Horses that suddenly get good, OR usually lag therefore it behooves the trainer to race the horse before the weight becomes too high in the handicaps.

Spare parts rating was 49 at the beginning of the run, is now 69 or 20 pounds higher.

These races are handicaps and the handicaps are determined by the OR.

Eventually spare parts OR will catch up with his talent and the winning streak will end.

Allan

WP1981
01-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Thank you for the insight.

I have bet against him in every start. Perhaps I will keep that up.