PDA

View Full Version : washington st. QB

ldiatone
01-17-2018, 01:46 AM
Police: Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found dead in apparent suicide

Washington State quarterback Tyler Hilinski, 21, was found dead Tuesday in an apartment in Pullman, Washington, according to police.

Hilinski suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, and a rifle and suicide note were found next to him, according to Pullman police.

JustRalph
01-17-2018, 02:04 AM
WTF?

There has got to be more to the story

kingfin66
01-17-2018, 10:00 AM
He is right at the age where he could develop mental illness. Sadly, 21 years old is the ripe age for that, and it is what happened to my nephew. He was doing great, got an academic scholarship and then started developing issues when he was away at school. The problems got worse and worse, and even with counseling, treatment and other resources available, he was gone at 21.

We in Cougar Nation are very saddened.

Just how strange is this? My neighbor told me that he was on the same plane to Cabo with Tyler last week and they were even able to have a short conversation. My neighbor characterized him as very outgoing and had a sense of humor. He was able to joke about the Apple Cup and looked forward to next season.

burnsy
01-17-2018, 11:13 AM
This is never good. Unfortunately, I've dealt with this issue a couple times in my life. Kingfin is right, that is a prime age for mental illness to occur. The problem is complex and multi faceted. There is a stigma to admitting that one needs help and even if help is sought, the care offered is weak or non-existent unless one has the right connections, money or insurance. Once one is placed in the county system, chances are the care is shoddy. The counties are overwhelmed and they don't have the time or money. See that homeless dude on the corner? Chances are about 75% he or she has a problem with mental illness. Its really, really sad, and something I've done extensive research on due to the fact I've dealt with it for years. Some won't seek help, others are chewed up and spit out by the "county system".

Most of us complain about growing old and yeah, its tough. But imagine not being able to think right. Its a tragic thing to see, if you see it, many hide it, it's worse than being physically ill IMO.

Being that age should be great and most times it is.......but for some , its the worst of times. It is tragic and the stigma makes people not want to face it. :(

kingfin66
01-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Well said burnsy. :(:ThmbUp:

Inner Dirt
01-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Most of us complain about growing old and yeah, its tough. But imagine not being able to think right. Its a tragic thing to see, if you see it, many hide it, it's worse than being physically ill IMO.
Being that age should be great and most times it is.......but for some , its the worst of times. It is tragic and the stigma makes people not want to face it. :(

Count me as one of those people through personal experience that don't buy all the excuses that are made for people. Some people are just weak and some people are just born bad. I grew up in an abusive home, my father beat me and my mother, being a cop in that day allowed him to get away with it. I always thought my "accident" at the age of 18 months as the story goes dumping a TV on my head giving me two black eyes, knocking me out, and giving me a concussion, was my fault. My Aunt told me after my father died it was child abuse, my dad slammed me face first into a wall. Asking my aunt why she waited to tell me is that she was worried I would enact revenge and end up in jail.

I was beat and whipped almost daily till my parents divorced when I was 12, my coward father stopped coming after me at 14 because I had grown bigger and stronger than him. At 18 when I got in his face for making my girlfriend cry during a visit he told me if I touched him he could shoot me dead and get away with it.

I got my first concussion at 18 months and through some reckless behavior playing football through college, amateur boxing for 15 years, crashing motorcycles, etc,etc I have collected a dozen more. Concussions are cumulative, I am very susceptible now and get them easily. I have had all kinds of crazy thoughts when something triggers symptoms. As an example someone was playing a piano at a family gathering and the noise was driving me nuts. I realized I was not in my right mind and went outside in the cold to get away.

Back to my upbringing, the liberal mantra is the abused become abusers as that is how they were taught, I say BS, it is just another excuse.

I have never raised a hand to a child or a woman, and I have been slapped by a female and hit in the head by one with a frying pan. I just walked away. The frying pan incident is when I stayed out all night playing poker when I was cleaning everyone out. I smarted off and answered the "Where have you been"? question with "None of your business."