PDA

View Full Version : Tony Black

Tom
01-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Listening to ATR archives and this week, was interviewed by Steve while working out a horse! Has his cell phone in his helmet and was talking all though the work HAd trouble pulling her up at the end, then he was talking to the pny girl telling her show was life on the radio - hilarious. Worth the listen.

elhelmete
01-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Listening to ATR archives and this week, was interviewed by Steve while working out a horse! Has his cell phone in his helmet and was talking all though the work HAd trouble pulling her up at the end, then he was talking to the pny girl telling her show was life on the radio - hilarious. Worth the listen.

If you can, listen to the Chris McCarron interview where he tells the story of Jack bitching him out after working Alysheba too slowly one morning. A total hoot.

castaway01
01-12-2018, 09:36 PM

Tony is a character---and also possibly the oldest jockey to win a race last year. He did win 1 (in 12 tries) at age 66. Pretty amazing.

Zaf
01-13-2018, 12:09 AM
Tony is a character---and also possibly the oldest jockey to win a race last year. He did win 1 (in 12 tries) at age 66. Pretty amazing.

:headbanger: Tony is the best.

Z

Tom
01-13-2018, 09:40 AM
If you can, listen to the Chris McCarron interview where he tells the story of Jack bitching him out after working Alysheba too slowly one morning. A total hoot.

:pound: Wrong distance! That is hilarious.

pandy
01-13-2018, 10:03 AM
I re-posted a Tony Black video on my Facebook page this week, I don't have a direct link. He looks great for a guy that has been riding forever. When I was a teenager, my first boss, Dave, was betting longshots ridden by Black.

elhelmete
01-13-2018, 10:28 AM
:pound: Wrong distance! That is hilarious.

and I just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread...meant for Jack Van Berg

onefast99
01-13-2018, 11:14 AM
About 12 years ago I listened to Dave Johnson on "and down the stretch" who happened to have Tony Black on as a guest. He spoke about the longevity of jocks and how lucky he was not to have any career ending injuries. He spoke about how alcohol and drug addiction almost ruined his life but most of all he thanked the owners and trainers for giving him a chance to ride. Very humble guy who said he was beyond "retiring".

Tom
01-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Tony is a gas on the Byk show.
I remember him talking about Secretariat once. He rode against him in the Preakness (?) and said all he had heard about this Big Horse!. But the further they ran, the smaller he got!