PDA

View Full Version : SUPERTOTE DONE

fight
01-08-2018, 07:11 PM
use gogglechrome explor nogood
put in m.twinespiers.com you get tracks

Fox
01-08-2018, 09:13 PM
That sucks, but the writing was on the wall quite some time ago when Bris revamped their website.

Tom
01-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Revamped, I think you mean destroyed.
That crap they have now at m.thinspires is worthless, like most of BRIS.
Whoever is running things there nowadays is doing a terrible job.
Took the best-organized website on the net and made it almost as bad as the abomination they have at DRF - a site that is just inexcuseably bad.

Fox
01-08-2018, 11:27 PM
:lol:

Yeah, you're right: revamped wasn't the right word. The funny thing first I put "upgraded" then scratched that and went with revamped. Redid may have been best. Or butchered.

sjk
01-09-2018, 05:28 PM
I called a couple of times yesterday to see if I could talk to someone. I have bet tens of thousands of races with twinspires and they did not even call back.

highnote
01-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Jesus Christo! I just looked at the new supertote and it is dreadful. You can't even see all the horses on one page in the wps pools. Only 5 horses at a time can be seen. So now instead of seeing everything at a glance, they require you to grab a mouse and scroll down. And then you have to scroll back up.

So if you like the #1 and the #9 you have to constantly scroll up and down.

This new site was not designed by horseplayers with horseplayers in mind.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

The goal of Twinspires/CD seems to be to help speed up the demise of racing.

If I was going to run a toteboard I'd make it display HTML data so that it could easily be scraped. And then I'd put a big fat advertisement on the page and sell it at a premium price because I know that every serious computer handicapper in the country would be using it. That's the target market.

Then I'd offer a great ADW experience and every one of those computer handicappers would want to bet with my company.

Imagine that -- a horserace betting company that actually helps their customers make more bets?!

Tom
01-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Why fix something that isn't broken?

That is the Mission Statement at BRIS.

"There is nothing we can't F up!"