PDA

View Full Version : Oprah 2020

FantasticDan
01-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Supposedly considering a run in 2020, and her speech last nite was very "Presidential"..

Oprah Winfrey’s impassioned speech at the Golden Globe Awards Sunday night has sparked a grass roots call for the media mogul to run for president of the United States in 2020.

“It’s up to the people,” Winfrey’s longtime partner, businessman and educator Stedman Graham, 66, told the Los Angeles Times, following an outpouring of support on social media from entertainers to groups like the National Organization for Women and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. “She would absolutely do it,” he said. The hashtag #Oprah2020 began trending while the awards were still in progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKuKc7KTt9g

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42586730

boxcar
01-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Supposedly considering a run in 2020, and her speech last nite was very "Presidential"..

What has the O ever run in her life? From an experience standpoint, she'd be right down there with the community organizer we had for eight years.

chrisl
01-08-2018, 04:09 PM

"Presidential":lol::lol::lol::lol:

BaffertsWig
01-08-2018, 04:11 PM
What has the O ever run in her life? From an experience standpoint, she'd be right down there with the community organizer we had for eight years.

You serious, Clark? She has as much experience as Dotard Drumpf.

As a liberal, I hope she doesn't run. Would love to see a Gabbard/Sanders ticket, easy win for the Dems.

boxcar
01-08-2018, 04:16 PM

As a liberal, I hope she doesn't run. Would love to see a Gabbard/Sanders ticket, easy win for the Dems.

Actually, Trump has a quite a bit of executive experience running many businesses -- quite successfully, I might add, notwithstanding his bankrupticies. But O...well maybe running to the studio to her makeup artist. :coffee:

barahona44
01-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth;Oprah was born poor and black in the Jim Crow South.Today she is a billionaire who owns a cable TV network, a successful magazine and is one of the most recognized and admired women in the country.

And not one bankruptcy to her name.

BaffertsWig
01-08-2018, 04:18 PM
boxcar, your ignorance is showing.

Inner Dirt
01-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Is this a joke?

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 04:46 PM

You're both wrong. Oprah has a lot of business experience with her own production company's, magazine, etc. and no one is a version of retard in this day and age. You should know better.

If I was considering someone along the lines of Oprah, i'd rather it be Martha Stewart. I think she is smarter and tougher. I like Oprah fine as a person, but she's too liberal for me as president.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 04:50 PM
PS: Martha Stewart has succeeded tremendously and all her business dealings. Opera on the other hand made the common mistake of taking her brand somewhere obscure and thinking Her brand was big enough to overcome the obscurity. See Howard Stern.

davew
01-08-2018, 04:50 PM
You're both wrong. Oprah has a lot of business experience with her own production company's, magazine, etc. and no one is a version of retard in this day and age. You should know better.

AND she is a woman, minority and gives good speeches.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 04:52 PM
AND she is a woman, minority and gives good speeches.

Unfortunately that does matter to some.

BaffertsWig
01-08-2018, 04:52 PM

I don't think you know what dotard means.

porchy44
01-08-2018, 05:03 PM
If Oprah ran for President, it would be a mistake for the Democratic party.
The Republican party would love it though. I don't want to redboard, but I thought Hillary was a bad candidate for the Democratic party.
President Trump would defeat Oprah just like Hillary. This country is not ready to elect a woman President. Why, women don't like other women and most men would rather see another man in charge.

Nutz and Boltz
01-08-2018, 05:05 PM
If I was considering someone along the lines of Oprah, i'd rather it be Martha Stewart. I think she is smarter and tougher. I like Oprah fine as a person, but she's too liberal for me as president.

Martha Stewart is already 76 years old. And has spent time in prison.

jocko699
01-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Sweet Picture

boxcar
01-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth;Oprah was born poor and black in the Jim Crow South.Today she is a billionaire who owns a cable TV network, a successful magazine and is one of the most recognized and admired women in the country.

So what? Trump could have just as easily squandered his daddy's inheritance.

As far O is concerned, she's a successful entertainer. That's it. And that's not to take anything away from her -- but to compare her to a successful business person who has successfully run a large business empire is laughable.
Trump actually has very good business which is why the economy has turned the corner and will likely even get better.

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 05:20 PM
The Republican party would love it though. I don't want to redboard, but I thought Hillary was a bad candidate for the Democratic party.
President Trump would defeat Oprah just like Hillary. This country is not ready to elect a woman President. Why, women don't like other women and most men would rather see another man in charge.

There was the general sentiment some years ago that this country might not have been ready for a BLACK President...but that theory proved to be incorrect. I am not a fan of hers...but Oprah isn't just a "woman candidate". She enjoys the sort of widespread "respect" that makes her a big threat in ANY political election. It the Trump election has proven anything at all, it has shown that the voters hold "political experience" in pretty low regard at vote-time...and who can blame them?

Trump tries to paint himself as a great "success story"...but his financial achievements PALE when compared to Oprah's...IMO. You can get very far when you are born with a golden spoon in your mouth...but it ain't as easy lifting yourself from homelessness to billionaire status. As I said, I'm not a fan of hers...but respect should be given where it's due.

MutuelClerk
01-08-2018, 05:21 PM

I haven't slept the same since they let that bitch out of jail......

porchy44
01-08-2018, 05:26 PM
There was the general sentiment some years ago that this country might not have been ready for a BLACK President...but that theory proved to be incorrect. I am not a fan of hers...but Oprah isn't just a "woman candidate". She enjoys the sort of widespread "respect" that makes her a big threat in ANY political election. It the Trump election has proven anything at all, it has shown that the voters hold "political experience" in pretty low regard at vote-time...and who can blame them?

Trump tries to paint himself as a great "success story"...but his financial achievements PALE when compared to Oprah's...IMO. You can get very far when you are born with a golden spoon in your mouth...but it ain't as easy lifting yourself from homelessness to billionaire status. As I said, I'm not a fan of hers...but respect should be given where it's due.

By your posts you probably don't have any conscious or unconscious gender biases. But the reality is most people do. I commented that women don't like other women (generally). Maybe someone who has worked in an office full other women can verify that. read the post above mine using the word 'bitch". I rest my case.

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 05:31 PM
So what? Trump could have just as easily squandered his daddy's inheritance.

As far O is concerned, she's a successful entertainer. That's it. And that's not to take anything away from her -- but to compare her to a successful business person who has successfully run a large business empire is laughable.
Trump actually has very good business which is why the economy has turned the corner and will likely even get better.

Oprah had as disadvantageous a beginning as a child could have. She didn't have the "looks" to make it in the "glamour world" of TV...and yet she reached the very top of that ultra-competitive entertainment medium...while accumulating billions of dollars in the process, due to her "business acumen". And you say that she can't be compared to Trump...because she hasn't proven that she can "successfully run a large business empire"?

Why aren't the other "entertainers" as successful as Oprah?

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 05:33 PM
By your posts you probably don't have any conscious or unconscious gender biases. But the reality is most people do. I commented that women don't like other women (generally). Maybe someone who has worked in an office full other women can verify that. read the post above mine using the word 'bitch". I rest my case.

If the women were asked to choose between Trump and Oprah in an election in 2020...do you seriously think that their "unconscious gender biases" would cause them to opt for TRUMP?

FantasticDan
01-08-2018, 05:38 PM
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky43cKxg3SU

Marshall Bennett
01-08-2018, 05:44 PM
If people thought Obama was racist, they ain't seen nothing yet!! :bang:

Clocker
01-08-2018, 05:56 PM
her speech last nite was very "Presidential"..

I haven't heard anything "presidential" from anyone since Reagan. :rolleyes:

porchy44
01-08-2018, 05:58 PM
If the women were asked to choose between Trump and Oprah in an election in 2020...do you seriously think that their "unconscious gender biases" would cause them to opt for TRUMP?

I will answer your question by posing another question. Did you ? seriously think Trump would win the 2016 election against (Hillary). Particularly after the Access Hollywood tape, "grab em by the pussy'' ?

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 06:17 PM
I will answer your question by posing another question. Did you ? seriously think Trump would win the 2016 election against (Hillary). Particularly after the Access Hollywood tape, "grab em by the pussy'' ?

No...I thought that Hillary would win. And Trump's victory is all the proof that I need for my belief that the American voters have gotten so disgusted with "politics-as-usual", that they are willing to support a total Washington OUTSIDER...provided that this outsider is rich enough not be "bought", by "special interests". Trump fit that bill...and so does Oprah.

barahona44
01-08-2018, 06:21 PM
We already have one celebrity president, we don't need another.Although it might be amusing to have an Oprah Book Club with Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Maxine Waters, John McCain, etc. partcipating.

Greyfox
01-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Is America developing such a penchant for electing shallow superficial celebrities that intellectual deep thinkers should not bother applying?
If that turns out to be the case again, God Bless America.

Nutz and Boltz
01-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Is America developing such a penchant for electing shallow superficial celebrities that intellectual deep thinkers should not bother applying?

:ThmbUp:

Valuist
01-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Being able to win an election does necessarily mean one is qualified. I told my wife 6 months ago that if the Dems really wanted to win, they'd run Oprah.

There are a limited number of people who are capable of winning the Presidential election. She may not be qualified for the office at all, but she has the name power and recognizeability to win the election. And the fact she is black and a woman won't hurt.

chadk66
01-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Trump couldn't get that lucky

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 06:38 PM

Who was the last "intellectually-deep thinker" to vie for the presidency of our country?

Clocker
01-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Who was the last "intellectually-deep thinker" to vie for the presidency of our country?

Thomas Jefferson.

FantasticDan
01-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Who was the last "intellectually-deep thinker" to vie for the presidency of our country? :D You beat me to it..

FantasticDan
01-08-2018, 06:50 PM
If people thought Obama was racist, they ain't seen nothing yet!! :bang:You're about a year too late with that line :p

tucker6
01-08-2018, 07:02 PM

George Bush II. He was indistinguishable from Albert Einstein.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 07:06 PM
I don't think you know what dotard means.

Intellectual disability of an old person, no doubt thought clever by anti-Donalds. Just like retard is an intellectual disability. It's not appropriate today, and you don't get a pass for just using it against Trump.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 07:07 PM

We're fine with a woman. She just needs to be ethical and strong. Clinton didn't meet those prerequisites.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 07:09 PM

Maybe she's ineligible (was her conviction a felony, I assume?), but it doesn't color my opinion that she's one of the women I think has what it takes to be a good president.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 07:12 PM

How does using bitch prove your case? We likewise call men bastards and asses and bitches too. It doesn't mean one holds the entire sex with disregard.

barahona44
01-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Maybe she's ineligible (was her conviction a felony, I assume?), but it doesn't color my opinion that she's one of the women I think has what it takes to be a good president.

She might not be eligible to vote but there's nothing in the Constitution preventing her from running forPresident.If you're 35,been living here 14 years and a natural born citizen you can run.

What a country!

boxcar
01-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Oprah had as disadvantageous a beginning as a child could have. She didn't have the "looks" to make it in the "glamour world" of TV...and yet she reached the very top of that ultra-competitive entertainment medium...while accumulating billions of dollars in the process, due to her "business acumen". And you say that she can't be compared to Trump...because she hasn't proven that she can "successfully run a large business empire"?

Why aren't the other "entertainers" as successful as Oprah?

Perhaps because she wears her liberalism much better than the others do, and Hollywood and the rest of the World of Glitter fawns over her because of that?

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 08:19 PM

Meaning politicians are intellectual deep thinkers?

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Sweet Picture

When is that picture from?

boxcar
01-08-2018, 08:43 PM
The Cecil B. DeMille Award is an honorary Golden Globe Award bestowed by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for "outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment". It was first presented on February 21, 1952 at the 9th Annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony and is named in honor of its first recipient, director Cecil B. DeMille. Honorees are selected by the HFPA board of directors and are presented annually (except for 1976 and 2008). The first woman to receive the honor was Judy Garland in 1962 who, at 39 years of age, was also the youngest honoree ever to receive the award, while Samuel Goldwyn, at the age of 93, in 1973, was the oldest.[1]

Maybe someone can explain to me exactly how a talk show host made such "outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment"? Is O a great actress? A great director? A great screenwriter? What exactly are O's "outstanding contributions" to the Fluff World of Glitter besides, perhaps having the gift of gab? I can understand how people like DeMille, Garland and Goldwyn could have received this kind of award -- but a talk show host who wears her politics on herself lie she wears her makeup? Has any other tabloid talk show host ever received such an award? This award she received couldn't be just a classic example of Affirmative Action Hollywood Style, could it?

MargieRose
01-08-2018, 08:44 PM
"I want all the girls watching to know that a new day is on the horizon."

Most of Oprah's speech was about the "new day" empowerment of women. If she were to become president, there will be more than just Republicans being told: "They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Men, beware!

"You need to examine the reasons you’ve chosen to drop a stone in the water. And try to understand what the ripples will be."

https://medium.com/the-mission/10-incredible-quotes-to-guide-your-life-355aab49fcf4

jocko699
01-08-2018, 08:45 PM

This century probably at an old golden globe.

Greyfox
01-08-2018, 09:15 PM

Woodrow Wilson

RunForTheRoses
01-08-2018, 09:20 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/oprahs-has-a-history-with-harvey-weinstein-photos/

jocko699
01-08-2018, 09:24 PM
"I want all the girls watching to know that a new day is on the horizon."

Most of Oprah's speech was about the "new day" empowerment of women. If she were to become president, there will be more than just Republicans being told: "They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Men, beware!

"You need to examine the reasons you’ve chosen to drop a stone in the water. And try to understand what the ripples will be."

https://medium.com/the-mission/10-incredible-quotes-to-guide-your-life-355aab49fcf4

Um I do not think so Margie but nice try. Men need not beware, this is another attempt to divide.

JustRalph
01-08-2018, 09:26 PM

She doesn’t own 600 companies either. Trump has 4 bankruptcies out of 600

Oprah would have to survive “opposition research” on her and her family. Get ready baby.......

RunForTheRoses
01-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Woodrow Wilson

Sucka was racist:

https://fee.org/articles/woodrow-wilson-progressive-and-dedicated-racist/

RunForTheRoses
01-08-2018, 09:30 PM
She doesn’t own 600 companies either. Trump has 4 bankruptcies out of 600

Oprah would have to survive “opposition research” on her and her family. Get ready baby.......

Yeah, there have always been rumors about her and Steadman and her and Gayle. I do know some white suburban females who worship her. Virtue signalling to the extreme. So who knows.

Nutz and Boltz
01-08-2018, 09:31 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/oprahs-has-a-history-with-harvey-weinstein-photos/

If Trump can overcome Access Hollywood , then she can survive the Weinstein photos. Things have changed a lot since Gary Hart.

MargieRose
01-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Um I do not think so Margie but nice try. Men need not beware, this is another attempt to divide.
If an Oprah presidency were to come to fruition, you will see...mark my words.

horses4courses
01-08-2018, 09:46 PM

You left out "Gestapo-like" in front of "opposition research"

Greyfox
01-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Sucka was racist:

https://fee.org/articles/woodrow-wilson-progressive-and-dedicated-racist/

So were 90% of white Americans at that time!

JustRalph
01-08-2018, 10:18 PM
You left out "Gestapo-like" in front of "opposition research"

Yeah, like fake dossier’s

dnlgfnk
01-08-2018, 10:35 PM
Gnostic ceasaropapism.

Tom
01-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Opra is the type the brain-dead libs would vote for.
Maybe she can get Michelle to be her running mate.
Then they could could compete over who is the biggest diva. :rolleyes:

Wonder if Danny boy and horsey know she is an evil 1-percenter?

Clocker
01-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Gnostic ceasaropapism.

Sure, that's easy for you to say. :rolleyes:

Tom
01-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Maybe someone can explain to me exactly how a talk show host made such "outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment"?

Who cares?
The world of entertainment is irrelevant to the real world.
Make-believe land for the snowfakes.

Guess that is why mememe horsey and Danny VideoBoy like her so much.

Clocker
01-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Maybe someone can explain to me exactly how a talk show host made such "outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment"? By taking a bunch of no-talent people off the streets and giving them jobs in "show biz". :popcorn:

Tom
01-08-2018, 10:56 PM
And by empowering Harvey!

horses4courses
01-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Opra is the type the brain-dead libs would vote for.
Maybe she can get Michelle to be her running mate.
Then they could could compete over who is the biggest diva. :rolleyes:

Wonder if Danny boy and horsey know she is an evil 1-percenter?

There's nothing evil about most of the 1 percenters.
The evil part is how the current administration is treating them.

Stimulating growth in the economy by favorable tax treatment
for the ultra wealthy is a complete non-starter. You might have
expected something similar in 18th century France. Criminal.

The only stimulation the current administration seeks is
increasing their own wealth and power. Complete self-interest.
They will rob this country blind. :ThmbDown:

Parkview_Pirate
01-08-2018, 11:04 PM
This thread is comical.

Since Oprah and Trump and Bush and Sanders and just about any other celebrity or politician you want to name ALL work for the same puppet masters, if Oprah runs it doesn't matter.

Since the office of the President is simply for the puppet of the week, and hasn't had any real power since JFK, it doesn't matter.

Until the average U.S. citizen unplugs their T.V., quits their whining, and steps up to the plate and actually wants to make a change (i.e., support a Constitutional Convention), it doesn't matter.

jocko699
01-08-2018, 11:06 PM
This thread is comical.

Since Oprah and Trump and Bush and Sanders and just about any other celebrity or politician you want to name ALL work for the same puppet masters, if Oprah runs it doesn't matter.

Since the office of the President is simply for the puppet of the week, and hasn't had any real power since JFK, it doesn't matter.

Until the average U.S. citizen unplugs their T.V., quits their whining, and steps up to the plate and actually wants to make a change (i.e., support a Constitutional Convention), it doesn't matter.

Does that include not using the internet also?

Clocker
01-08-2018, 11:08 PM

The 8 years of Obama executive orders would suggest otherwise.

Inner Dirt
01-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Oprah also begat Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil two useless clowns who have a lot of influence on housewives, most guys can't stand those two.

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2018, 12:37 AM
This thread is comical.

Until the average U.S. citizen unplugs their T.V., quits their whining, and steps up to the plate and actually wants to make a change (i.e., support a Constitutional Convention), it doesn't matter.I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly were it not for the election held in November of 2016.

Parkview_Pirate
01-09-2018, 12:47 AM
Does that include not using the internet also? The internet, along with the mainstream media with TV, print and the movies, is of course, loaded with propaganda. Use at your own risk.

jocko699
01-09-2018, 12:51 AM
The internet, along with the mainstream media with TV, print and the movies, is of course, loaded with propaganda. Use at your own risk.

I completely agree but I think of it from a standpoint of weapons for the militia and those individuals so I may be biased.

Parkview_Pirate
01-09-2018, 12:53 AM
The 8 years of Obama executive orders would suggest otherwise.

I view Obama's executive orders on the scale of "small fry", intended to distract and divide on issues that were hardly important. Feel free to name one that affected a large number of Americans, or affected the status quo in any significant way. They are THEATRE.

On the other hand, important issues like the economy, foreign policy, constitutional freedoms, etc., pretty much went the same way under Obama as they did under Bush II, as an extension of Clinton and Bush I, and Reagan, and Carter, and Nixon and Johnson.

It's been a long, long time since the President had any real power.

Parkview_Pirate
01-09-2018, 12:56 AM
I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly were it not for the election held in November of 2016.

Ah, well if you think Trump is "off" the strings and acting on his own, I guess we'll just have to disagree about that.

Had Hillary won, we might be at war with the Russians by now, but as for any other differences, let's get the microscope out to see if we can find anything...

Parkview_Pirate
01-09-2018, 01:04 AM
I completely agree but I think of it from a standpoint of weapons for the militia and those individuals so I may be biased.

As a gun owner myself, I can't say that Trump winning didn't take a bit of the heat off, at least from a psychological point of view.

But do you really think that if Hillary would have won, and even if the Dems had a majority in the House and/or Senate, that more gun control measures (or confiscation) would have happened? The puppet masters know the time isn't ripe for that, in my opinion, though it does seem to be getting closer.

In any event, when it happens, I don't believe the office of the President is where we'll find relief. Congress, the DoD, police forces, the Guard, etc., will all have to align for further restrictions. I freely admit, I'm not sure how that plays out, but Trump being "pro-gun" does not provide me with any greater sense of insulation from the gun-grabbers.

woodtoo
01-09-2018, 01:10 AM
Ah, well if you think Trump is "off" the strings and acting on his own, I guess we'll just have to disagree about that.

Had Hillary won, we might be at war with the Russians by now, but as for any other differences, let's get the microscope out to see if we can find anything...

This is the calm before the storm :eek:

jocko699
01-09-2018, 01:12 AM
As a gun owner myself, I can't say that Trump winning didn't take a bit of the heat off, at least from a psychological point of view.

But do you really think that if Hillary would have won, and even if the Dems had a majority in the House and/or Senate, that more gun control measures (or confiscation) would have happened? The puppet masters know the time isn't ripe for that, in my opinion, though it does seem to be getting closer.

In any event, when it happens, I don't believe the office of the President is where we'll find relief. Congress, the DoD, police forces, the Guard, etc., will all have to align for further restrictions. I freely admit, I'm not sure how that plays out, but Trump being "pro-gun" does not provide me with any greater sense of insulation from the gun-grabbers.

The people will be heard if needed. That's all I am saying.

Clocker
01-09-2018, 01:26 AM
I view Obama's executive orders on the scale of "small fry", intended to distract and divide on issues that were hardly important. Feel free to name one that affected a large number of Americans, or affected the status quo in any significant way.

The administration's excesses in implementing Obamacare certain qualify. As does the insanity of the Obama EPA war on coal and other fossil fuels.

The president's primary job is to carry out and enforce the laws passed by Congress. The president isn't supposed to have any "real power" other than that enumerated in the Constitution:

Section 2.

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

The President shall have power to fill up all vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions which shall expire at the end of their next session.
Obama and his administration, particularly Justice, the IRA, and HHS, went way beyond anything permitted in that language. Trump, to his credit thus far, has acted within his constitutional powers and deferred to the legal powers of Congress.

Parkview_Pirate
01-09-2018, 01:47 AM
The administration's excesses in implementing Obamacare certain qualify. As does the insanity of the Obama EPA war on coal and other fossil fuels.

The president's primary job is to carry out and enforce the laws passed by Congress. The president isn't supposed to have any "real power" other than that enumerated in the Constitution:

Obama and his administration, particularly Justice, the IRA, and HHS, went way beyond anything permitted in that language. Trump, to his credit thus far, has acted within his constitutional powers and deferred to the legal powers of Congress.

Obama redirected some funding for states "reinsurance" of Obamacare, if I recall, which in the overall scheme of things was very, very small compared to the overall impact of the law, which CONgress passed. Chicken feed.

Obama's war on coal, offshore drilling, and other environmental mandates had a negative impact on the economy, no doubt. But, in my opinion, small compared to his support of the impact of the ACA, his lack of economic planning, and his foreign policy disasters - all of which will have much greater and longer-lasting negative effects on our economy, versus closing down a handful of mines in West Virginia.

I would agree that Obama, the guy who was going to give us the most transparent administration "ever", failed big time, and his justice department was anything but. However, the extension of Patriot Act, and other laws passed by CONgress, were far greater in the magnitude of the erosion of our freedoms. Obama simply carried forward the policies of Bush II, and from that perspective it's my opinion he's just a puppet.

Read past the headlines, dig into the details, and the only differences between administrations are cosmetic, of little importance, and engineered to promote the illusion of a representative republic. Which, we ain't.

thaskalos
01-09-2018, 03:49 AM
Obama redirected some funding for states "reinsurance" of Obamacare, if I recall, which in the overall scheme of things was very, very small compared to the overall impact of the law, which CONgress passed. Chicken feed.

Obama's war on coal, offshore drilling, and other environmental mandates had a negative impact on the economy, no doubt. But, in my opinion, small compared to his support of the impact of the ACA, his lack of economic planning, and his foreign policy disasters - all of which will have much greater and longer-lasting negative effects on our economy, versus closing down a handful of mines in West Virginia.

I would agree that Obama, the guy who was going to give us the most transparent administration "ever", failed big time, and his justice department was anything but. However, the extension of Patriot Act, and other laws passed by CONgress, were far greater in the magnitude of the erosion of our freedoms. Obama simply carried forward the policies of Bush II, and from that perspective it's my opinion he's just a puppet.

Read past the headlines, dig into the details, and the only differences between administrations are cosmetic, of little importance, and engineered to promote the illusion of a representative republic. Which, we ain't.
:ThmbUp:

Nor do we DESERVE to be.

Just as our Presidents are "puppets", so are we the citizens...who have "fallen asleep at the wheel"...while the "powers-that-be" easily control us by pressing our "patriotic" buttons, whenever they want to pull the wool over our eyes.

Tom
01-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Abe Lincoln.

Tom
01-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Oprah also begat Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil two useless clowns who have a lot of influence on housewives, most guys can't stand those two.

The dems have outlined a brilliant recovery plan in all of this - build an army of brain-dead idiot zombies and spend three years teaching to do one thing - go and vote.

Tom
01-09-2018, 09:37 AM
The people will be heard if needed. That's all I am saying.

See, now on the left, that translates to the people will be herded if needed.:headbanger:

BaffertsWig
01-09-2018, 09:37 AM
The dems have outlined a brilliant recovery plan in all of this - build an army of brain-dead idiot zombies and spend three years teaching to do one thing - go and vote.

Ahhh, taking a page out of the ol' Republican't playbook. I'd venture to guess the average IQ of Trump voters is sub-100.

Tom
01-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Amazing how all those dummies managed to get to be the evil wealthy.
And beat Hillary - the anointed one! :pound:

Tom
01-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Oprah was born with a pork chop in hers.
And she is still gnawing on the bone.

She certainly hangs out with some very seedy and racist people.
Do we really need another racist supporter in the WH?

Tom
01-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Oh my!

Tom
01-09-2018, 10:27 AM
One has to wonder, is HARVEY responsible for Oprah's success?
Did she "cooperate" with him to get where she is today?
What better way for the dems to continue their war on women than to put Harvey in DC!

She certainly is chummy chummy with the guy...in cahoots, or just too stupid to know??? Questions voters have to ask.

horses4courses
01-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Oh my!

Everyone dies.....eventually.

Inner Dirt
01-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Ahhh, taking a page out of the ol' Republican't playbook. I'd venture to guess the average IQ of Trump voters is sub-100.

And all the inner city poor people on public assistance that vote for Democrats to keep the handouts coming are all Mensa members. People of sub standard intelligence and low ambition vote equally for both parties, why Democrats like to ignore that fact is beyond me. They keep pointing to all the rejects that vote for Trump yet ignore the rejects that vote for Hillary.

MargieRose
01-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Oh my!
Her voice and her facial expressions bring the horrible words to life. Oprah a racist...I never knew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYM8mYfK_oE

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Let's see, businessmen voted for Trump, college students voted for Clinton.

RunForTheRoses
01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Her voice and her facial expressions bring the horrible words to life. Oprah a racist...I never knew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYM8mYfK_oE

Unfortunately you are absolutely right Margie. She'll have you smiling while leading you to the slaughterhouse.

boxcar
01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
By taking a bunch of no-talent people off the streets and giving them jobs in "show biz". :popcorn:

Would that include her guests, too? :lol::lol:

RunForTheRoses
01-09-2018, 11:03 AM
And all the inner city poor people on public assistance that vote for Democrats to keep the handouts coming are all Mensa members. People of sub standard intelligence and low ambition vote equally for both parties, why Democrats like to ignore that fact is beyond me. They keep pointing to all the rejects that vote for Trump yet ignore the rejects that vote for Hillary.

This is a vile untruth (what Baffertswig posted). Good reply to this joker.

horses4courses
01-09-2018, 11:07 AM
I'm not convinced that the prospect of Oprah in the WH
is all that desirable. It really does very little for me.

However, I love seeing conservatives getting their panties in a twist! :lol:
This definitely has had the desired effect. :ThmbUp:

BaffertsWig
01-09-2018, 11:34 AM

Sorry, I should have clarified that I'd venture to guess the average IQ of Trump voters on PA Off-Topic is sub-100. Better? :p

woodtoo
01-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Who does Oprah like? Would she like me if I was real nice to her?

Does she like Kamala Harris?

Tom
01-09-2018, 11:54 AM
However, I love seeing conservatives getting their panties in a twist!
This definitely has had the desired effect.

Not at all - I'm having fun with this.
Bet you were not aware of this, but I was on the Oprah show once, a few years ago.

MargieRose
01-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Who does Oprah like? Would she like me if I was real nice to her?

Does she like Kamala Harris?
Oprah likes and supported Obama and Hillary. What else does one need to know?

3.) She’s donated to the Democratic National Committee and supported Democratic candidates in the past.

Winfrey has come out (https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/05/the-oprah-effect-winfreys-influence-extends-deep-into-politics/) and given big endorsements to major Democratic candidates. She donated $5,000 to the DNC in 1998 and another $10,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in 1996.

She officially endorsed former President Barack Obama in the 2008 election and also gave $2,300 to his campaign. Winfrey also supported Sen. Cory Booker in 2013 (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/30/oprah-to-host-fundraiser-for-booker/) when he was making a run for the United States Senate, hosting a fundraiser for him.

Winfrey would later go on (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/oprah-winfrey-endorses-hillary-clinton-article-1.2676149) to endorse former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. To her, Clinton’s candidacy was a “seminal moment for women.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/heres-everything-we-know-about-oprahs-actual-politics/?utm_medium=email

Inner Dirt
01-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified that I'd venture to guess the average IQ of Trump voters on PA Off-Topic is sub-100. Better? :p

Remember when you keep insulting the intelligence of those who vote for Trump every 24 year old High School dropout single mother of 4 by 4 different fathers who collects welfare and food stamps like her mother and grandmother before her voted for the same candidate that you did.

Inner Dirt
01-09-2018, 12:12 PM

What game are you watching? I think most conservatives would love to see Oprah be the Democrat's choice in 2020 as she would have zero chance of winning.

woodtoo
01-09-2018, 12:13 PM
Oprah likes and supported Obama and Hillary. What else does one need to know?

Just checking my chances of getting a new car.:rolleyes:

Clocker
01-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Would that include her guests, too? :lol::lol:

That's who I was talking about. :p

davew
01-09-2018, 12:44 PM

You have it wrong, they are giddy with excitement at the prospect of her running. It just shows how the dimocrat party has lost focus, direction and leadership.

boxcar
01-09-2018, 12:47 PM
You have it wrong, they are giddy with excitement at the prospect of her running. It just shows how the dimocrat party has lost focus, direction and leadership.

Yeah...I thought some of us were pokin' fun at the libs' highness -- at their expense!

FantasticDan
01-09-2018, 12:51 PM
You have it wrong, they are giddy with excitement at the prospect of her running. It just shows how the dimocrat party has lost focus, direction and leadership.And the fact that the repugs couldn't come up with someone to outshine a festering gob like Trump shows what exactly? :lol:

Clocker
01-09-2018, 12:58 PM
And the fact that the repugs couldn't come up with someone to outshine a festering gob like Trump shows what exactly? :lol:

That Hillary is worse than a festering gob. :cool:

BaffertsWig
01-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Remember when you keep insulting the intelligence of those who vote for Trump every 24 year old High School dropout single mother of 4 by 4 different fathers who collects welfare and food stamps like her mother and grandmother before her voted for the same candidate that you did.

You think I voted for Hillary? That's precious. :lol:

Inner Dirt
01-09-2018, 01:26 PM

It is just an assumption because you rip on Trump voters, kind of like everyone assumes I voted for Trump because I can't stand Hillary. I voted for Will Seemore, I understand people have a life outside of here so I don't expect them to know that, so I don't get all excited when accused of being a Trump supporter. Obviously you expect people to hang on your every word, I am sorry, but they don't.

boxcar
01-09-2018, 01:57 PM

I bet you wrote in the beaten horse named Bernie. :coffee:

Boris
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
What game are you watching? I think most conservatives would love to see Oprah be the Democrat's choice in 2020 as she would have zero chance of winning.

"Oprah 2020" is the political equivalent of Bitcoin.

boxcar
01-09-2018, 01:59 PM
And the fact that the repugs couldn't come up with someone to outshine a festering gob like Trump shows what exactly?
:lol:

Trump does outshine all the festering gobs in the Republican Party. They're known as RINOs.

FantasticDan
01-09-2018, 02:00 PM
That Hillary is worse than a festering gob. :cool:
I know 3 million people who disagree :p

boxcar
01-09-2018, 02:04 PM
I know 3 million people who disagree :p

No, you know three million other festering gobs. :coffee:

Nutz and Boltz
01-09-2018, 03:28 PM
It could be worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KWnv_NKK0g

Tom
01-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Oprah/Weinstein 2020!

Make the dems say "OW!":pound::pound::pound:

boxcar
01-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Oprah/Whoopi for 2020! Now there's a feminist ticket!

jocko699
01-09-2018, 04:20 PM
"Oprah 2020" is the political equivalent of Bitcoin.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

jocko699
01-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Oprah/Weinstein 2020!

Make the dems say "OW!":pound::pound::pound:

Oprah/Madonna 2020 The O and Ho ticket!!!!!

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
I don't understand the conversation going on. I'd far rather see Dems put up someone like Oprah than someone like Hillary. As I said, Oprah is too liberal for my liking, but she's a decent human being, so just on that one count alone she is far better for the job than who the Dems keep selecting as their leader.

Oprah should be given a bit more respect than a lot of you on both sides are giving. She is a black woman who rose from extreme poverty (and physical and sexual abuse, I think she was raped as a child) and without the help of any husband or man. She took her skills and likeability to build an empire, becoming the richest woman in the U.S. at one point, and I'm fairly sure at the time the only self-made woman on the list in the world (unless Martha Stewart also made the list at the same time).

Yes, I held her delving into Obama politics against her, but I also note that after only about 2 years in the White House (maybe not that long), she was suddenly gone from being an Obama supporter. I don't know what led to their fracture, but I'm hoping that Oprah learned a lesson about supporting someone just due to their skin color. I know she lost viewers, so that could've been part of the reason, but I think it was more as she could've quietly stayed in the picture but when she was gone, she was gone.

She's an admirable woman, and a smart woman. We could do a lot worse. What women that have been elected to Congress do you hold in higher regard? I like Nicki Haley, but can't really think of another off the top of my head that I respect.

Tom
01-09-2018, 05:37 PM
She backed Hillary and OBama.
What else do you need to know about her?

MONEY
01-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Oprah will not run for president, but if she did an Oprah Winfrey/Charles Barkley ticket will win.

chadk66
01-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Oprah will not run for president, but if she did an Oprah Winfrey/Charles Barkley ticket will win.right. Oprah will not be running for president. But it gives the libs a warm tingle down there leg to fantasize about it.

dnlgfnk
01-10-2018, 12:02 AM
Sure, that's easy for you to say. :rolleyes:

In my weaker moments I go for overall political philosophies, rather than the generic criticisms typically lobbed by practitioners of partisan politics usually found in off-topic forums.

You described Obama's "executive orders". Good. Though I exaggerate, that's the "ceasarism" part. And don't think Obama wasn't "Oprahfied". "His spirit had permeated the masses, she said, and this spirit reminded people not only of who he was but also of what they could be."...

https://books.google.com/books?id=hBDVftJBKh4C&pg=PA216&lpg=PA216&dq=obama+oprahfied&source=bl&ots=vdRNhc95R4&sig=rZxH3kTXgB84sAzdmpEIPuQVnVk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirofnyxczYAhUMxoMKHZXAChIQ6AEIPDAE#v=on epage&q=obama%20oprahfied&f=false

That's the ceasaropapism part, again exaggerated for effect. Now substitute the manner in which she would view her office as she viewed Obama's above, i.e., a truly religious figure as the gnostic high priestess of progressivism.

dnlgfnk
01-10-2018, 12:10 AM
I don't understand the conversation going on. I'd far rather see Dems put up someone like Oprah than someone like Hillary. As I said, Oprah is too liberal for my liking, but she's a decent human being, so just on that one count alone she is far better for the job than who the Dems keep selecting as their leader.

Oprah should be given a bit more respect than a lot of you on both sides are giving. She is a black woman who rose from extreme poverty (and physical and sexual abuse, I think she was raped as a child) and without the help of any husband or man. She took her skills and likeability to build an empire, becoming the richest woman in the U.S. at one point, and I'm fairly sure at the time the only self-made woman on the list in the world (unless Martha Stewart also made the list at the same time).

Yes, I held her delving into Obama politics against her, but I also note that after only about 2 years in the White House (maybe not that long), she was suddenly gone from being an Obama supporter. I don't know what led to their fracture, but I'm hoping that Oprah learned a lesson about supporting someone just due to their skin color. I know she lost viewers, so that could've been part of the reason, but I think it was more as she could've quietly stayed in the picture but when she was gone, she was gone.

She's an admirable woman, and a smart woman. We could do a lot worse. What women that have been elected to Congress do you hold in higher regard? I like Nicki Haley, but can't really think of another off the top of my head that I respect.

At least she would encourage reading...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z23tQiua2S0

elysiantraveller
01-10-2018, 01:02 AM
I don't know her politics at all but if she ever decided to run... God help her opponent.

fast4522
01-10-2018, 01:18 AM
It does not matter, no one can stop what will be done. All that people care about now is that their 401k's, pensions, and stocks continue with this path.
No one is coming, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are toast.

incoming
01-10-2018, 03:32 AM
She backed Hillary and OBama.
What else do you need to know about her?

Add Al Gore to that list...she made out like a bandit :lol:

Dave Schwartz
01-10-2018, 11:11 AM

Yes.

Clocker
01-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Greyfox http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/viewpost.gif (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2258836#post2258836)
Is America developing such a penchant for electing shallow superficial celebrities that intellectual deep thinkers should not bother applying?When was the last time an intellectual deep thinker ran for president? Maybe Adlai Steveson, who was trounced by Ike.

There is little or no chance one would bother to run today. The process is a media circus, all about image and sound bites. How could a "deep intellectual thinker" hope to get elected when most voters don't even qualify as shallow thinkers? The process of winning votes is largely the same as that of winning customers for Pepsi vs. Coke.

Trump vs. Oprah? Makes you nostalgic for the good old days of just plain honest political hacks.

P.S. The last thing we want in the White House is an intellectual deep thinker, or someone who thinks he is one. Like Obama. :eek:

We need someone who is pragmatic, grasps the problems of the country, and understands how to get things done.

boxcar
01-10-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't know her politics at all but if she ever decided to run... God help her opponent.

If you knew her politics, you wouldn't be saying that.

chadk66
01-10-2018, 04:57 PM
I don't know her politics at all but if she ever decided to run... God help her opponent.No way you kept a straight face when you typed that :lol:

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 05:12 PM
No way you kept a straight face when you typed that :lol::lol: This comment is so hilariously dumb, that I have to ask how you arrived at it.. more laffs please.. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
01-10-2018, 05:44 PM
No way you kept a straight face when you typed that :lol:

In the modern political market place of short attention spans and personality cults, you don't think that Oprah would be a formidable opponent? Especially against the current vacuum of potential Democratic primary candidates?

jocko699
01-10-2018, 05:54 PM
In the modern political market place of short attention spans and personality cults

Clocker,

I believe this is society as a whole and has been for the past 2 generations.

Clocker
01-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Clocker,

I believe this is society as a whole and has been for the past 2 generations.

The downward trend curve was greatly accelerated first by the web and then by social media.

And now we have a president who does his best work on twitter. He is a president for the times. Despite his 70 year old body, he has the attention span of a 20 year old.

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Despite his 70 year old body, he has the attention span of a 20 year old.Drop the 0 :p

woodtoo
01-10-2018, 06:22 PM
He is a president for the times. Despite his 70 year old body, he has the attention span of a 20 year old.

The disrespect you show is now at a despicable level. So sad.

And Dan you never were at a level.

Clocker
01-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Drop the 0 :p

And tack it on to the end of the actual ages of Hillary or Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren to get an accurate picture of their mental processes.

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 06:36 PM
And tack it on to the end of the actual ages of Hillary or Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren to get an accurate picture of their mental processes.Even at 200, they'd still out-cogitate the Donald :ThmbUp:

fast4522
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Oprah Winfrey "And they just have to die!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1sWsn1Q8lk

dnlgfnk
01-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Oprah Winfrey "And they just have to die!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1sWsn1Q8lk

Can this be put to bed? I'm no fan, but she was talking about individuals belonging to any ethnicity, including her own, for whom racism is so embedded due to many factors, that it can only be diminished by "dying out", rather than through those same individuals gaining perspective.

fast4522
01-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Can this be put to bed? I'm no fan, but she was talking about individuals belonging to any ethnicity, including her own, for whom racism is so embedded due to many factors, that it can only be diminished by "dying out", rather than through those same individuals gaining perspective.

For the record we all agree with you, but this is nothing but the start. Hardball is something a very rare person will agree to, this far out there is at least 100 people being paid to unearth things that get directed to a sifting screen. The name gets floated everything is fed into a database that is unearthed.

I could care less about this person, it is just today's aim at a narrative here.
A glimmer of hope for those heads that are blowing up or soon to.

chadk66
01-10-2018, 07:52 PM
In the modern political market place of short attention spans and personality cults, you don't think that Oprah would be a formidable opponent? Especially against the current vacuum of potential Democratic primary candidates?not in the least. She would get the dem base but any candidate would. It'll come down to independents like it always does. She would be lucky to get 1% of the independents. Her hollyweird connection would end it for her.

FantasticDan
01-10-2018, 07:57 PM
It'll come down to independents like it always does. She would be lucky to get 1% of the independents.
:pound: :lol: :pound:

Thank you for not disappointing :ThmbUp:

Clocker
01-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Even at 200, they'd still out-cogitate the Donald :ThmbUp:

If any of those people ever had an original idea, it would die of loneliness.

Tom
01-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Orca, er, Oprah sounds just like HIMMLER.
That hump is one sick nazi. Didn't we HANG the last ones who said that crap?
OH, wait, we would never find a strong enough rope.

Hey, hcap, what do you think HER physical would show? :pound::pound::pound:

At least she would not fall off a curb - she might CRUSH a few down to street
level......

Clocker
01-10-2018, 10:41 PM
The disrespect you show is now at a despicable level. So sad.

Respect is earned by the person in question. Please feel free to provide solid and verifiable evidence that that my statements about Trump are in error, rather than directing a personal attack at the messenger who brings bad news.

By all accounts, undisputed by Trump or the administration, Trump spends many hours every day watching cable news. That is not an indication of a thinking, analytical person. It is an indication of a media junkie who is overly concerned about his own public image.

JustRalph
01-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Oprah is Obama in a dress

Granted, it’s a bigger dress.........

Tom
01-11-2018, 09:02 AM

Yeah, they used to hold a CIRCUS in that dress!

RunForTheRoses
01-11-2018, 09:10 AM
This is from Kitty Kelley but some of these allegations wouldn't surprise me at all:

https://nypost.com/2010/04/13/lesbian-flings-prostitution-abuse-lies-oprahs-hidden-life/

incoming
01-11-2018, 09:50 AM
This is from Kitty Kelley but some of these allegations wouldn't surprise me at all:

https://nypost.com/2010/04/13/lesbian-flings-prostitution-abuse-lies-oprahs-hidden-life/

In defense of Oprah, She is a solid contributor to the New Democrat Party. OPRAY!!! For President. :lol::puke:

upthecreek
01-11-2018, 10:59 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951429514185322498

upthecreek
01-18-2018, 09:29 AM
https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/837621?ns_mail_uid=93954041&ns_mail_job=1774200_01182018&s=al&dkt_nbr=0105049r4fq8&section=us&keywords=poll-oprah-presidency-run&year=2018&month=01&date=17&id=837621&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=news.newsmax.com

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2018, 03:13 PM

She's an admirable woman, and a smart woman. We could do a lot worse. What women that have been elected to Congress do you hold in higher regard? I like Nicki Haley, but can't really think of another off the top of my head that I respect.I have no problem with Oprah running for or being elected president. She's a lot closer to Trump then she is Hillary in terms of outlook and whatnot. Although the left will never admit this.

Hell, Trump once wanted her as his running mate...lol

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2018, 03:15 PM
Oprah is Obama in a dressI disagree

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2018, 03:15 PM

https://nypost.com/2010/04/13/lesbian-flings-prostitution-abuse-lies-oprahs-hidden-life/Doesn't bother me one bit. Why would it bother you?

Tom
01-18-2018, 03:18 PM
Oprah--NO!

NOprah!

Marshall Bennett
01-18-2018, 04:07 PM
But would she serve wearing....NOBRA? ugh!!

kingfin66
01-19-2018, 12:24 AM

Really?

Parkview_Pirate
01-20-2018, 05:06 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951429514185322498

So Seal calls out Oprah for being "part of the problem" on January 11th.

Seal is accused of sexual misconduct on January 16th.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/seal-denies-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct-by-former-neighbor-w515468

As Arsenio Hall might say, things that make you go, "Hmmmm...."

Makes me think that Oprah is protected like the whales (so to speak), and perhaps her public image is not quite "accurate".

FantasticDan
02-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Despite making it very clear several times that she won't be running, Oprah is still earning the wrath of Trump, I guess for taking the center of attention off him for a few days.. :lol:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965442990134251520

woodtoo
02-19-2018, 12:40 PM
Despite making it very clear several times that she won't be running, Oprah is still earning the wrath of Trump, I guess for taking the center of attention off him for a few days.. :lol:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965442990134251520

You are almost right. But he is putting the attention on her for whatever reason that may be. and its "the wrath of Don" not Trump.:D

FantasticDan
02-19-2018, 03:26 PM
and its "the wrath of Don" not Trump.:D
:D Good one :ThmbUp:

boxcar
02-28-2018, 02:29 PM
Liberals, if OW should decide to run, you should know about these three HUGE strikes against her:

1. She believes in God.
2. She prays to God
3. And she fully expects to hear back from God.

Would not all three disqualify her from further consideration?

Clocker
02-28-2018, 02:32 PM
And she fully expects to hear back from God.

I think that could put her in the same category as some recent mass shooters. Has she bought an assault rifle lately? :eek:

boxcar
02-28-2018, 03:39 PM
I think that could put her in the same category as some recent mass shooters. Has she bought an assault rifle lately? :eek:

Only a lib can answer that. :coffee:

davew
03-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Liberals, if OW should decide to run, you should know about these three HUGE strikes against her:

1. She believes in God.
2. She prays to God
3. And she fully expects to hear back from God.

Would not all three disqualify her from further consideration?

I wonder if Joy Behar would vote for her....

Marshall Bennett
03-01-2018, 12:42 PM
I wonder if Joy Behar would vote for her....
As with most ignorant far-left liberals, Joy Behar would support Putin if he were the democratic candidate. :)

upthecreek
08-22-2018, 09:28 AM
https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1031928639426912256

boxcar
08-22-2018, 09:35 AM
https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1031928639426912256

In principle, Oprah is a great example of the kind of people the apostle Paul wrote about in Rom 1:28-31 wherein the depraved also give hearty approval of the sinful practices of the wicked.

Tom
08-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Oprah is a Nazi - shout ABORT YOURSELF BITCH wherever you see her.

Proud you killed you baby - what disgusting PIG she is.
Aside from being ht natural PIG she has been all her life.

Hery, Orca,do something about Chicago streets to make them safe.. walk out on them at night, alone, and confront the gangs.

Please.

Too bad HER mother did not abort her.

horses4courses
08-22-2018, 10:13 AM
Oprah is a Nazi - shout ABORT YOURSELF BITCH wherever you see her.

Proud you killed you baby - what disgusting PIG she is.
Aside from being ht natural PIG she has been all her life.

Hery, Orca,do something about Chicago streets to make them safe.. walk out on them at night, alone, and confront the gangs.

Please.

Too bad HER mother did not abort her.

Some very sick people around here. :eek:

Tom
08-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Yes, YOU and Orca.
If abortion is something to be proud of, Orca should abort herself.

You know, with sooooo much going into her big fat mouth all the time, 24/7, it is hard to imagine she is able to get such garbage OUT of IT!

sour grapes
08-22-2018, 11:24 AM
Yes, YOU and Orca.
If abortion is something to be proud of, Orca should abort herself.

You know, with sooooo much going into her big fat mouth all the time, 24/7, it is hard to imagine she is able to get such garbage OUT of IT!

best to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool than to open it up
and have people know your a fool.Im not a fan of oprah political beliefs but she does a lot of good with her money and helps a lot of underprivedged.You on the other hand are a bitter old man with nothing to contribute to society.
i nominate you to give out the trophy for the TOM FOOL at belmont.

Tom
08-22-2018, 11:39 AM
best to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool than to open it up
and have people know your a fool.Im not a fan of oprah political beliefs but she does a lot of good with her money and helps a lot of underprivedged.You on the other hand are a bitter old man with nothing to contribute to society.
i nominate you to give out the trophy for the TOM FOOL at belmont.

Maybe you can get a trophy too...the JACK ASS Trophy.
Screw Orca.

Here is a suggestion for you - try eBay - maybe you can find a life there.

PaceAdvantage
08-26-2018, 10:15 PM
i nominate you to give out the trophy for the TOM FOOL at belmont.You mean this Oprah?

https://i.redd.it/s3lqprvjv3c11.jpg

JustRalph
08-27-2018, 05:58 AM
What a picture.........Yowser!

Tom
08-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Boss, youdda man! :ThmbUp::pound::pound::pound:

HalvOnHorseracing
08-27-2018, 05:58 PM
Oprah is going nowhere in 2020. Her only advantage is that she can fund her campaign with her own money.

davew
12-29-2018, 10:10 AM
When is she going to announce her candidacy?