PDA

View Full Version : Generator PP Software

Figman
08-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Anyone update to version "2140" of either the Bris or TSN Generator PP software that became available the past few days?

If so, what happened to those very valuable trainer angle stats and percentages from the earlier versions?....they're gone!

Equineer
08-20-2004, 10:31 PM
I also upgraded to V2140, but without any problems... the trainer angle stats show up just fine.

Maybe your option for PP-type (under Reports) has somehow gotten set to other than Ultimate PPs or Ultimate PPs With Comments???

If so, this would cause the trainer stats to be hidden. I reset my option to Premium PPs, and sure enough... the trainer stats disappeared, but they came right back when I switched my option back to Ulitmate PPs.

Figman
08-20-2004, 11:16 PM
I've consistently used A-Odds files that produce Premium PPs with the Generator and they all included the trainer angle percentages.

This update took away the trainer angle percentages for Premium PP users. Looks like a Bris & TSN ploy to force you to buy more expensive files!

Did some "bean counter" from DRF recently go to work for Bloodstock Research?

Speed Figure
08-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Restore your comptuer back to the earlier version.

Tom
08-21-2004, 11:32 AM
I never, ever, go to the newest upgrade of anything, not just horse racing software, when it is first released. My experience is the upgardes are always driven timewise not by the fact that they are ready but by the fact that they need more money. I have never seen an upgrade of anything that was not full of bugs or just plain worse in the early days. I went to Windows95 when they released Windorws98. I waited on Formulator 4.
BRIS seems to have downgraded this software.

DJofSD
08-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I just looked at today's (8/21) DMR AOdds file. The trainer angle info/stats are still in the file.

DJofSD

DJofSD
08-21-2004, 12:09 PM
One of my complaint with the Custom PP S/W is they do not retain my customizations whenever there's an upgrade.

DJofSD

Equineer
08-22-2004, 05:13 AM
Saturday, I sat with two buddies who D/L & print the PDF versions of the PPs. The $1-PDF Premium PPs lack the trainer angles, but the $3-PDF Ultimate PPs include trainer angles.

Funny deal, cause if you are a Gold member, both PDF versions cost $1, so Gold members get a ZERO discount on the Premium PPs.

It appears like some versions of the PP Generator have been allowing the trainer angles to sneak into the Premium PPs. A programmer probably took some flak for letting this happen!

Jeff P
08-22-2004, 12:18 PM
The information for their key trainer stats resides inside their $1.00 DRF Single Format Files in fields 1337-1366. These $1.00 files are their lowest priced file product. So, if I were to make an educated guess, I would venture that this same information exists in all of their files- and that they paid a programmer to modify their latest version of PP Generator to hide it unless one of the more expensive file types has been loaded in.

DJofSD
08-27-2004, 10:04 AM
A new version of Custom PP Generator has been posted, 2.141. The embedded trainer stats are being displayed/printed once again.

DJofSD

Tom
08-28-2004, 11:40 AM
What are the new features?

DJofSD
08-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Tom,

Other than the trainer key statistic fields are once again being printed, the only other thing I saw new/different was the layout of the display on the monitor. No longer is there the smaller panel like area. The display of the PP's is completely contained in the main application window - no separate scroll bar.

There could be more but that's all I noticed. Other's might be more observant. Hopefully they'll add to this thread.

DJofSD

DJofSD
09-03-2004, 10:14 AM
To all:

Yet another upgrade is available. As is typical, no clue as to bug fixes or new features.

What is new (to me) is when you start to download, a pop up window asks for your email ID so you can be notified when new releases are available.

DJofSD

DJofSD
07-14-2005, 02:29 AM
It appears there's a new update to Custome PP Generator.

DJofSD

Figman
07-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I see it is much larger "bytewise" now. All that I have found new so far in this newest version is that it draws a picture of the start and the finish of the race on the top right of your printout above the conditions of the race as is depicted in the standard Racing Form..

Nickle
07-14-2005, 05:46 PM
I am going to try and download new update

mhrussell
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
..I am a user of the PPGenerator (DRF multi-format files) and just sent an email to their tech support asking as to the features/bug corrections included in the newest update(v2.215).

There are a few anoying bugs in the current version I am using (v2.161) but like others have said, I DON'T like to automatically 'update' these kinds of software products, because, yeah.. often the newer versions have more problems than the current version and I am getting too old to play 'software guinea pig'.

I sent BRIS a description of the bugs I am experiencing with 2.161 late last week and have not yet received a response... most likely is that they were about to release this update.

I'll share more with you all as soon as I know.

best,

mhrussell
07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
This is the reply I received from BRIS:

"The only other feature is statistics are displayed when a horse
changes trainers.

Thank You
Bob Rosenberg
800-354-9206 ext 305
bobbyr@brisnet.com"

..'other' being in addition to the track layout graphic being displayed at the top of the page.

With all the problems reported from others re: trainer stat display, I will keep using the prior version!

For those of you who are working with this new version, please keep the rest of us posted as to progress and issues. Overall, I really like the PPGenerator. I have the preferences set and have those preferences saved as a 'style'. I can use the same $1 DRF multi-format data file for both the PPs and for my Excel based TMM style handicapping application.

NoDayJob
07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
I never, ever, go to the newest upgrade of anything, not just horse racing software, when it is first released. My experience is the upgardes are always driven timewise not by the fact that they are ready but by the fact that they need more money. I have never seen an upgrade of anything that was not full of bugs or just plain worse in the early days. I went to Windows95 when they released Windorws98. I waited on Formulator 4.
BRIS seems to have downgraded this software.

:D I check my software upgrades before I use them. Mistakes cost me money. So you are now using Win98SE or WinME and will upgrade to XP when Longhorn comes out? BTW anybody using Netscape 8? :D

NDJ

Big Bill
07-15-2005, 02:17 PM
NDJ,

I'm sticking with Netscape 7.2 until I hear reports on 8.0 (especially bad ones).

Big Bill

sjk
07-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I use netscape 8 and have had no problems. Fewer errors than I had with the previous version.

DJofSD
07-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I am going to switch to FireFox and the email tooll but likely not until after DMR has concluded. (FPX is always a hiatus for me.)

DJofSD

Tom
07-15-2005, 11:03 PM
:D I check my software upgrades before I use them. Mistakes cost me money. So you are now using Win98SE or WinME and will upgrade to XP when Longhorn comes out? BTW anybody using Netscape 8? :D

NDJ

It has been downhill ever since DOS 3.2. :bang: