View Full Version : Fake News Awards

woodtoo
01-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Monday afternoon, the Fakies .
Who you gonna call?
Favorites gotta be Jim Acosta of CNN.

johnhannibalsmith
01-07-2018, 04:40 PM
I'd go seven but no higher than the modifier itself.

Nutz and Boltz
01-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Well, it is awards season. Golden Globes tonight and The Fakies on Wednesday . That's showbiz !

barahona44
01-07-2018, 05:35 PM
I'm sure he will announce that last second entry Michael Wolff as the winner.Maybe "Sloppy Steve" Bannon (can't deny it, Donny was on the money with change describing Mr. Alt-Wrong with that nickname) gets fake news source of the year.

Might be amusing to see Trump's latest meltdown vis a vis the media.But it's kinda getting old.

woodtoo
01-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Donald J. Trump tweet
"The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on
Wednesday 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far more important than anyone could have anticipated!"

Nutz and Boltz
01-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Donald J. Trump tweet
"The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on
Wednesday 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far more important than anyone could have anticipated!"

"importance" ?:lol:

woodtoo
01-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Yes! They have a great need to be stroked, any way at all.:pound:

barahona44
01-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Donald J. Trump tweet

Is Billy Bush going to be hosting the red carpet show?

Nutz and Boltz
01-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Yes! They have a great need to be stroked, any way at all.:pound:

I guess with the MSM that would be a badge of honor.

biggestal99
01-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Monday afternoon, the Fakies .
Who you gonna call?
Favorites gotta be Jim Acosta of CNN.

I'd make Trump accusation of Obama's not being born in the USA evens.

That's real fake news.

Allan

Tom
01-08-2018, 09:57 AM
But seeing how 0bama never acted like an American, it is easy to see how one could be confused.

So what do we call the awards for Fake News?
How about the Lemmy's, in honor of FNN's Don Lemon, king of the lias!
Or the Lemmings, of the Lemonheads.

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 10:55 AM
I'd make Trump accusation of Obama's not being born in the USA evens.

That's real fake news.

Allan

Now, this could be a tight contest. Who would win the award? Obama's literary agent? Michelle Obama? Obama's grandma? Or Obama himself?

biggestal99
01-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Now, this could be a tight contest. Who would win the award? Obama's literary agent? Michelle Obama? Obama's grandma? Or Obama himself?

Not you too.

LOL.

There is no hope for you conspiracy theorists.

Just more fake news.

I deal in facts not opinion.

Obama was clearly born in the US, a natural born citizen.

Allan

biggestal99
01-08-2018, 11:16 AM
But seeing how 0bama never acted like an American, it is easy to see how one could be confused.

So what do we call the awards for Fake News?
How about the Lemmy's, in honor of FNN's Don Lemon, king of the lias!
Or the Lemmings, of the Lemonheads.

How does an American act?

you do know there is a diversity of ideas of what American is?

Hell our country was born from dissent of our founding fathers.

when in the course of human events......

Allan

woodtoo
01-08-2018, 11:21 AM
The move to the 17th.....after IG Horowitz releases his report hhhmmm curious

What's really in this "envelope"

Fager Fan
01-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Not you too.

LOL.

There is no hope for you conspiracy theorists.

Just more fake news.

I deal in facts not opinion.

Obama was clearly born in the US, a natural born citizen.

Allan

Do you deny those people either said outright he was born in Kenya or implied that he was?

So they're up for the award too, aren't they?

Let's see your response, El Dealer in Facts.

Clocker
01-08-2018, 11:45 AM

It clearly is must-see TV. Unfortunately, I had already scheduled that night for rearranging my sock drawer and cleaning out the dust bunnies under the bed, so I am going to miss it. :(

woodtoo
01-08-2018, 01:00 PM
It clearly is must-see TV. Unfortunately, I had already scheduled that night for rearranging my sock drawer and cleaning out the dust bunnies under the bed, so I am going to miss it. :(

Its not too late to be nominated. I think it will be on twitter not television.

Tom
01-08-2018, 03:39 PM
How does an American act? They don't apologize to the world for our exceptionalism.

you do know there is a diversity of ideas of what American is? One of them probably not being giving Iran nukes and billions of $$$ to sponsor world-wide terrorism

Hell our country was born from dissent of our founding fathers. Yes, and what set it off was a 3% tax. Imagine what they would have done if they were forced to buy insurance they did not want!

when in the course of human events...... "clutching their guns and their bibles"

Allan

SOUTH American, maybe.

woodtoo
01-08-2018, 06:01 PM
A couple days before the big night, I suspect we may find out who Fusion GPS
has been paying to report on the "dossier", the reporters and news outlets.

It may be best to wait for the final past performances to come out also with weights, workouts and trainer changes. Some of these may not have run for up to a year. :eek:

chadk66
01-08-2018, 06:40 PM
I don't know how you could ever decide the winner of something like that. I'd say it's a dead heat with the whole field

biggestal99
01-09-2018, 06:46 AM
Do you deny those people either said outright he was born in Kenya or implied that he was?

So they're up for the award too, aren't they?

Let's see your response, El Dealer in Facts.

Obama himself....

I love to see that in a video.

Michelle?

Lol

Her too.

Allan

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Obama himself....

I love to see that in a video.

Michelle?

Lol

Her too.

Allan

So you admit two of them. We can use the video of Michelle saying Kenya was her husband's homeland. For Obama, we'll just have to show his biography that he approved of for 16 years saying he was born in Kenya.

Most people don't have multiple family members and business associates confused on where they were born.

davew
01-09-2018, 09:11 AM
I don't know how you could ever decide the winner of something like that. I'd say it's a dead heat with the whole field

He postponed the awards a couple weeks, maybe coming up with more categories.

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 09:32 AM
This is the kind of thing that drives liberals nuts that his base absolutely loves.

This may be the only award show I have any interest in watching. I've haven't seen any of the music, movie, or acting award shows in quite awhile. No one hates the media more than I do (except maybe Trump). So I'm looking forward to seeing if the people and media companies I think are the worst get picked.

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 10:47 AM
This is the kind of thing that drives liberals nuts that his base absolutely loves.

This may be the only award show I have any interest in watching. I've haven't seen any of the music, movie, or acting award shows in quite awhile. No one hates the media more than I do (except maybe Trump). So I'm looking forward to seeing if the people and media companies I think are the worst get picked.

If I'm reading the postponement right, Trump may be making quite the production of it. He said that it's generated more interest than he thought, and that several comedians said they want to be involved. That makes me think they're actually writing a script and making a real production of it, much like a roast. I'm hoping. That'd really get the diehard lib media if he makes this "must see TV."

biggestal99
01-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Tom wrote:

Hell our country was born from dissent of our founding fathers. Yes, and what set it off was a 3% tax. Imagine what they would have done if they were forced to buy insurance they did not want!

It was not the tax they objected to. It was the American colonists being treated as second class citizens compared to their breathern back in England. Taxation without representation. They didn't mind paying taxes.
It was paying taxes without be represented,

Obamacare on the other hand was passed by the American congress.

The American people had proper representation for it.

You may not like it at the time.

But it was properly passed by congress.

Allan

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Tom wrote:

It was not the tax they objected to. It was the American colonists being treated as second class citizens compared to their breathern back in England. Taxation without representation. They didn't mind paying taxes.
It was paying taxes without be represented,

The American people had proper representation for it.

You may not like it at the time.

But it was properly passed by congress.

Allan

You mean without reading it?

davew
01-09-2018, 11:43 AM
If I'm reading the postponement right, Trump may be making quite the production of it. He said that it's generated more interest than he thought, and that several comedians said they want to be involved. That makes me think they're actually writing a script and making a real production of it, much like a roast. I'm hoping. That'd really get the diehard lib media if he makes this "must see TV."

What would be great is an hour show on a major network.

Nutz and Boltz
01-09-2018, 12:37 PM
What would be great is an hour show on a major network.

How about making it a weekly series. (unreal ! )

barahona44
01-09-2018, 12:59 PM
If I'm reading the postponement right, Trump may be making quite the production of it. He said that it's generated more interest than he thought, and that several comedians said they want to be involved That makes me think they're actually writing a script and making a real production of it, much like a roast. I'm hoping. That'd really get the diehard lib media if he makes this "must see TV."

Trump asked if Milton Berle and Edgar Bergen were available.That Charlie McCarthy really cracks him up.

Nutz and Boltz
01-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Stop and think about it, isn't this whole thing ridiculous !:faint:

Tom
01-09-2018, 04:10 PM

And it was unconstitutional unless it was called a tax, which it was not.
And it was a big reason why TRUMP is no in the WH and Hillary is festering somewhere, rotting away, closer and closer to room temperature. We waited and got rid of the dimwitted dem legally. So lump it if you don't like Trump.

And btw, 3% tax on alcohol was a tipping point.
Rightfully so.

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Stop and think about it, isn't this whole thing ridiculous !:faint:

I like it.

Look, the old ways didn't work. Trump shaking things up is fun to watch. As long as good things keep getting done, I don't have a problem with the shaking at all.

Nutz and Boltz
01-09-2018, 05:35 PM
I like it.

Look, the old ways didn't work. Trump shaking things up is fun to watch. As long as good things keep getting done, I don't have a problem with the shaking at all.

When I want to see something fun to watch, I'll watch Americas Funniest Home Videos. I still find this whole thing ridiculous.

Fager Fan
01-09-2018, 06:49 PM
When I want to see something fun to watch, I'll watch Americas Funniest Home Videos. I still find this whole thing ridiculous.

Ok. To each their own. I hadn't wanted to watch a Presidential debate fairly badly as I did this past year. We keep knocking him, but he brings it.

Today's meeting probably has the press with severe stomach cramps. They had to like what they saw but they have to figure out how to spin it as something negative.

woodtoo
01-10-2018, 05:14 PM
President Trump before 1st Cabinet meeting of 2018:

"On a separate front, we are going to take a long look at our countries libel laws so that when somebody says something that is false and defamatory against someone, that person will have meaningful recourse in our courts.

If somebody says something that's totally false, that the person that has abused, defamed, libeled will have meaningful recourse.

Our current libel laws are a sham and a disgrace, and do not represent American values or American fairness. So were going to take a strong look at that. And I think what the American people want is fairness."

A little heads up before the award show?