PDA

View Full Version : DUBYA'S GOT HIM ON THE ROPES & PUNCHING!

JustMissed
08-20-2004, 01:28 PM
A little snipet from drudgereport.com:

[Quote]The Kerry campaign calls on a publisher to 'withdraw book' written by group of veterans, claiming veterans are lying about Kerry's service in Vietnam and operating as a front organization for Bush. Kerry campaign has told Salon.com that the publisher of UNFIT FOR COMMAND is 'retailing a hoax'... 'No publisher should want to be selling books with proven falsehoods in them,' Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton tells the online mag... Developing... [EndQuote]

Bush 33 is punching that lying John Kerry so bad, Kerry has turned pinko and wants to start banning books of all things.

You can't even imagine a presidential candidate advocating banning books? "Holy book burning Batman, this campaigne is getting pretty rough."

Hey, if President Bush had tried to get "Fat Bastard"s movie pulled, the DemLibs would have tried to get him gelded.

I've said all along that liar John Kerry ought to open up his military records. Get those vets on TV and open up those records so the sun can shine.

JM

P.S. Please note in the next few days how the left wing liberal media is going to "spin" all this vet stuff in Kerry's favor.

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Boy, it's a good thing we got that book to "see the light of day" in America. If Kerry and his cohorts had their way, we might have to go to a foreign country to read their version of the truth.

Tom
08-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I was looking for the book at Borders last night, when it occurred to me.....not one single book from a conservative author was on any kind of display. All the liberal authors with their attack books and rewites of history were on tables at the front of the store, and along aisle ends. Being a new release, I expected to see Unfit to Command inthe new release section. It was buried in the political section in a corner of the store, as were books by Laura Ingrahm, Ann Coulter, etc. I went to two other Borders and found the same to be true. Anyone have similar experiences at other chains?
That's ok, though...the truth will be found. I guess the front of store table are there for the short memory spanned liberals who would forget why they came to the store by the time they passed two or three aisles:D :D :D

kenwoodallpromos
08-23-2004, 02:18 AM
I see it all the time- B+N, Waldenbooks.
They want people to think those view are in the large majority by first impression.

ranchwest
08-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
I see it all the time- B+N, Waldenbooks.
They want people to think those view are in the large majority by first impression.

Oh, yeah, book stores are in the business of politics, not book selling. Oh, yeah.

<paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep...>

JustMissed
08-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Little snipet from drudgereport.com:

[Quote]
CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) - Former Republican Sen. Bob Dole suggested Sunday that John Kerry apologize for past testimony before Congress about alleged atrocities during the Vietnam War and joined critics of the Democratic presidential candidate who say he received an early exit from combat for "superficial wounds."

Dole also called on Kerry to release all the records of his service in Vietnam.

Separately, President Bush's re-election campaign continued to deny links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an anti-Kerry group running ads in three states, after the resignation of a campaign volunteer who appeared in the group's new ad.

With Kerry taking a break from campaigning, running mate John Edwards said Bush needs to tell the group to pull its ads, a step the White House and the Bush campaign refuse to take. The White House and Bush's campaign note that Kerry has benefited from more than $62 million worth of similar advertising against the president.[EndQuote]

Looks like lying John Kerry has been called out and he's going to have to fight(answer charges) in order to get his campaign back on track.

It's almost like he and that slickster Edwards are acting like little scared school boys who keep running up to the teacher on the play ground saying "Mrs. Jones, tell Georgy to quit picking on us and make him pull those ads".

Some of the talking heads are saying that lying Kerry is going to have to answer the charges or he is going to look like a whimp.

I'm not a big Dick Cheny fan but I have to admit when he told that Senator to "Go fxxx yourself", I have to give him a lot of respect because he took direct action when that Senator Lehey was talking about him.

Quit whinning lying John Kerry. Stand up like a man and answer those charges and release the damn military records.

JM

Lance
08-23-2004, 09:42 PM
From Bob Dole's autobiography, explaining how he got his first Purple Heart:

"As we approached the enemy, there was a brief exchange of gunfire. I took a grenade in hand, pulled the pin, and tossed it in the direction of the farmhouse. It wasn't a very good pitch (remember, I was used to catching passes, not throwing them). In the darkness, the grenade must have struck a tree and bounced off. It exploded nearby, sending a sliver of metal into my leg--the sort of injury the Army patched up with Mercurochrome and a Purple Heart."

Tom
08-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Lance
From Bob Dole's autobiography, explaining how he got his first Purple Heart:

"As we approached the enemy, there was a brief exchange of gunfire. I took a grenade in hand, pulled the pin, and tossed it in the direction of the farmhouse. It wasn't a very good pitch (remember, I was used to catching passes, not throwing them). In the darkness, the grenade must have struck a tree and bounced off. It exploded nearby, sending a sliver of metal into my leg--the sort of injury the Army patched up with Mercurochrome and a Purple Heart."

And your point is....?????

Lance
08-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Two points:

1: That your promise to stop replying to my posts would not last a week.

2: That Bob Dole should have read his own autobiography before he started questioning Purple Hearts.

lsbets
08-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't see your point Lance, Dole's questions about Kerry's Purple Hearts are similar to mine. I never realized you could get a purple heart for a bruise before, and most soldiers would just go on with a bruise and not seek medical attention. I do have some questions about Kerry - he positioned himself as the war hero, so he invited this on himself.

Lance
08-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Dole himself received a Purple Heart for a minor wound (and one for a major wound).. Kerry has shrapnel in his body to this day. In Kerry's case, it was the Navy that awarded him his three Purple Hearts, Bronze Star, and Silver Star. He volunteered to go to Vietnam. Men on his boats saw him bleed. He killed the enemy. He saved lives. Dole was a war hero. Kerry was a war hero. Men who served with such distinction should treat each other with more respect. In Tom's case, he sat out Vietnam in college, and now he calls Kerry a "coward" and he calls Bush a "POS" and an "idiot." This while we are at war. I object to all of this .

Bubbles
08-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by ranchwest
<paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep...>

It starts when you're always afraid,
Step out of line, the man comes,
And he shoots you down.

Buffalo Springfield, and most recently, Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Man, it's sad I know this stuff. ;)

Lance
08-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Bubbles,

No, it's great that you know this stuff. The song is priceless and timeless.

lsbets
08-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Lance, you seem to know, so please answer this question for me. What were Kerry's 3 Purple Hearts for? All I know of is the grenade and rice in the butt/bruise on the arm incident. The self inflicted grenade/rice wound would qualify if there were enemy fire at the time which was a primary cause of him getting wounded in the butt with flying shrapnel and rice from his own grenade(that is why Dole's does), but all accounts that I have seen say that there was no enemy fire yet. The bruise on the arm does qualify provided that Kerry sought medical treatment. Those two incidents relate to one award - what were the other two for?

Lance
08-24-2004, 03:51 AM
Isbets:

I know that you know what "self-inflicted" means, and I know that you're using the term properly. But a lot of people hear this term and think it means he intentionally shot himself, which is, of course, absurd. I'm no expert on Kerry's war wounds, but I copied something that may help.

Ask a question

Friday April 16, 2004 Previous | Next

Dear Yahoo!:
What wounds did John Kerry receive to be awarded three Purple Hearts?
Bill
Trenton, Texas

Dear Bill:
Senator John Kerry joined the Navy after graduating from Yale University. For service in combat during the Vietnam War, Kerry received three awards of the Purple Heart, in addition to the Silver Star and the Bronze Star for his heroic actions. The Purple Heart is given to members of the armed forces who are wounded in action.
Kerry first met intense combat on December 2, 1968, when the small boat he skippered encountered the Viet Cong and engaged in a firefight. Kerry's M-16 jammed, and as he bent down to get another weapon, a hot chunk of shrapnel flew into his arm. The wound didn't cause Kerry to miss any duty, but it did qualify him for his first Purple Heart.

Shrapnel again hit Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry, this time in his left thigh, on February 20, 1969. Kerry's boat spotted enemy combatants on a riverbank and fired. A grenade hit the boat, causing shrapnel to bore into Kerry's leg and earning him another Purple Heart.

His last Purple Heart came from injuries sustained on March 13, 1969. A mine exploded under Kerry's boat and wounded him in the right arm. Despite the injury, Kerry rescued a Green Beret and assisted other damaged boats while braving sniper fire from the riverbanks. This incident earned Kerry a Bronze Star with Combat V for "calmness, professionalism, and great personal courage under fire." This final injury was the most severe and gave Kerry pain for years.

Soon after, Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry requested reassignment. Military policy allowed any serviceman who received three Purple Hearts to ask for assignment away from the combat zone, to be granted at the discretion of the commanding officer. After four years of service, Kerry was deeply disillusioned with the Vietnam War and questioned why the U.S. government was sending young men to die "for a mistake."

He was soon reassigned to stateside duty. Concerned about his fellow crewmembers, Kerry arranged for them to receive safer assignments and even talked one into accepting less dangerous duty. After Kerry's service in the Navy, he became a spokesperson for Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

* Editor's note: This column originally ran with a factual error. The error has been corrected. The column stated "After two years of combat, Kerry was deeply disillusioned with the Vietnam War..." Kerry served in the Navy from 1966 to 1970 and was in Vietnam from November 1968 to April 1969. We apologize for the error.

JustMissed
08-24-2004, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE]XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE AUG 24, 2004 11:09:31 ET XXXXX

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES

**World Exclusive**

Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry personally phoned anti-Kerry swift boat vets, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Kerry reached out to Robert "Friar Tuck" Brant Cdr., USN (RET) Sunday night, just hours after former Sen. Bob Dole publicly challenged Kerry to apologize to veterans.

Brant was skipper of the #96 and # 36 boat and spent time with Kerry in An Thoi. Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking.

Brant received a call from Kerry at his home in Virginia while he was watching the Olympics on TV.

The call lasted 10 minutes, sources tell DRUDGE.

KERRY: "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?"

BRANT: "You should know what you said when you came back, the impact it had on the young sailors and how it was disrespectful of our guys that were killed over there."

[Brant had two men killed in battle.]

KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

Kerry then asked if he could meet Brant ["You were one of the best"] -- man to man -- face to face.

Brant declined the invite, explaining that Kerry was obviously not prepared to correct the record on exactly what happened during Vietnam and what happened when Kerry came back.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge[EndQuote]

President Bush definately has lying kerry backed into a corner.

First lying kerry tried to get the tv stations to pull the ads.

Next he tried to get the bookstores to ban the book.

Next he tried to shame President Bush into making the Swifties pull the ads.

Now he is calling on them directly to shame them into recanting their stories.

Lying kerry really miscalculated the effect of the apparent errors in his war record and he's beginning to bleed badly.

Next thing you know we may hear that Heinz Company has secretly offered each swifty a million dollars cash and a lifetime supply of ketchup to recant their stories. What a mess.

Lying john kerry needs to publicly address these issues and releash his military records and put this business behind him.

We need to be hearing a debate on the issues, not this business.

JM

:(

Tom
08-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Isbets:

I know that you know what "self-inflicted" means, and I know that you're using the term properly. But a lot of people hear this term and think it means he intentionally shot himself, which is, of course, absurd. I'm no expert on Kerry's war wounds, but I copied something that may help.

Ask a question

Friday April 16, 2004 Previous | Next

Dear Yahoo!:
What wounds did John Kerry receive to be awarded three Purple Hearts?
Bill
Trenton, Texas

Dear Bill:
Senator John Kerry joined the Navy after graduating from Yale University. For service in combat during the Vietnam War, Kerry received three awards of the Purple Heart, in addition to the Silver Star and the Bronze Star for his heroic actions. The Purple Heart is given to members of the armed forces who are wounded in action.
Kerry first met intense combat on December 2, 1968, when the small boat he skippered encountered the Viet Cong and engaged in a firefight. Kerry's M-16 jammed, and as he bent down to get another weapon, a hot chunk of shrapnel flew into his arm. The wound didn't cause Kerry to miss any duty, but it did qualify him for his first Purple Heart.

Shrapnel again hit Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry, this time in his left thigh, on February 20, 1969. Kerry's boat spotted enemy combatants on a riverbank and fired. A grenade hit the boat, causing shrapnel to bore into Kerry's leg and earning him another Purple Heart.

His last Purple Heart came from injuries sustained on March 13, 1969. A mine exploded under Kerry's boat and wounded him in the right arm. Despite the injury, Kerry rescued a Green Beret and assisted other damaged boats while braving sniper fire from the riverbanks. This incident earned Kerry a Bronze Star with Combat V for "calmness, professionalism, and great personal courage under fire." This final injury was the most severe and gave Kerry pain for years.

Soon after, Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry requested reassignment. Military policy allowed any serviceman who received three Purple Hearts to ask for assignment away from the combat zone, to be granted at the discretion of the commanding officer. After four years of service, Kerry was deeply disillusioned with the Vietnam War and questioned why the U.S. government was sending young men to die "for a mistake."

He was soon reassigned to stateside duty. Concerned about his fellow crewmembers, Kerry arranged for them to receive safer assignments and even talked one into accepting less dangerous duty. After Kerry's service in the Navy, he became a spokesperson for Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

* Editor's note: This column originally ran with a factual error. The error has been corrected. The column stated "After two years of combat, Kerry was deeply disillusioned with the Vietnam War..." Kerry served in the Navy from 1966 to 1970 and was in Vietnam from November 1968 to April 1969. We apologize for the error.

Lance ALSO wrote recently:

"Tom,

Nonsense. This is not documentation. It is worthless. Give me names, dates, and quotations in context. Then we can discuss Kerry's statements in the context of the times. A clipped quotation loses the context. "

Substitute
Lance for Tom,

Wassamatta, Lance, your own standards to tough for you to follow? Dear Yahoo? C'mon, get real.

:rolleyes:

Lefty
08-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Meet The Press April 18, 1971, John Kerry admits to war atrocities.
I've heard the clip at least a hundred times so prob the only way anyone could miss it is just to listen to the liberal stations and channels.

Lance
08-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Tom wrote:

"Wassamatta, Lance, your own standards to tough for you to follow? Dear Yahoo? C'mon, get real."

Tom,

Isbets politely asked me a question about Kerry's Purple Hearts. I did a quick search and gave him the first answer I found that was not from a hate-or-love-Kerry site. If I were making a provocative charge, instead of simply trying to answer Isbets' question, I would be prepared to document it so it could be discussed properly. You either do not understand the distinction or are pretending not to understand the distinction. Either way, that is no surprise. I do not have high expectations for you, since you called President Bush a "POS" and a "liar" and have been hoping ever since that no one would remember.

Lance
08-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Correction: You called Bush a "POS" and an "idiot." I'm not sure whether you called him a liar, too. Did you, Tom?

Tom
08-24-2004, 11:31 PM
There you go again, making false assumptions, I don't hope anyone will forget. I called Bush a POS once and will probably do it again. Sometimes he he is one and I have no qualms calling him out. I don't revise history like some people. I am not the least bit afraid of vocing my opinions-it is a free country.
And since the original dicussion was between Hcap and myself before you butted in with your requirements for evidence, I naturally assumed you would live up to your own standards. My error. Provacative...do you belive that this words means "news?"
It sounds that way.
HAND

Tom
08-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Correction: You called Bush a "POS" and an "idiot." I'm not sure whether you called him a liar, too. Did you, Tom?

Not sure, but I did call YOU a moron. :D

Buckeye
08-24-2004, 11:35 PM
:)

hcap
08-25-2004, 05:47 AM
TomAnd since the original dicussion was between Hcap and myself before you butted in with your requirements for evidence, Not on THIS thread. A senior moment, or just loosing track of WHO to be angry at? Try taking a few deep breaths before you pointificate.

:cool: :cool:

Lance
08-25-2004, 06:32 AM
Tom wrote:

"I called Bush a POS once and will probably do it again."

Right. Who cares if we are at war? Your statements won't give any comfort to the enemy. After all, your credentials are clear. You sat out the Vietnam War while people like John Kerry were fighting it. Yet you call him a coward. And you call the Commander in Chief a "POS." You are quite a man, Tom. A real toughguy. No one can keep you from typing. You are quite the typist, quite the patriot.

Tom
08-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by hcap
TomNot on THIS thread. A senior moment, or just loosing track of WHO to be angry at? Try taking a few deep breaths before you pointificate.

:cool: :cool:

Pay attention, oh master paster...it started on another thread, in a question I posed to you. Lance felt compelled to stick his nose in, and now he is stalking me over all the threads. Gay or bored, I just don't know for sure why he does it. :rolleyes:

Tom
08-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Tom wrote:

"I called Bush a POS once and will probably do it again."

Right. Who cares if we are at war? Your statements won't give any comfort to the enemy. After all, your credentials are clear. You sat out the Vietnam War while people like John Kerry were fighting it. Yet you call him a coward. And you call the Commander in Chief a "POS." You are quite a man, Tom. A real toughguy. No one can keep you from typing. You are quite the typist, quite the patriot.

Gee Lance, coming you that makes me feel so....so......unimpressed!
My whole live revolves around you liking me, I just don't know what to do now.
BTW, I have given your statment a lot of thought, and I just cannot come up with another wat to post here other than typing.
Since you mentioned it, maybe you could share your little secret of how to get the posts up without typing? I am always open to new ideas and would love to restrict the use of my fingers only limited use of one of them. So please share.
Th*nk you, I mean that.
:rolleyes:

Lance
08-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Tom wrote:

" coming you that makes me feel so....so......unimpressed!"

There seems to be a word missing here. Do you ever read these things before you post them, Tom? (This is one of your favorite questions, Tom, but you prefer to ask it of others.)

"I just cannot come up with another wat to post here"

"Wat" do you mean, Tom?

"I am always open to new ideas and would love to restrict the use of my fingers only limited use of one of them."

"Wat" the hell does this mean?

"Gay or bored, I just don't know for sure why he does it."

Oh, there you go. For your information, thousands of gays fought in Vietnam while you were sitting out the war in college--where you prepared to call Kerry a coward and President Bush a "POS."

Tom
08-25-2004, 08:55 PM
I think moron was too generous. Idiot is much more descriptive of you. You are a narrow minded, boring little twerp who is only here to start trouble. You have offered nothing of any value to any thread you have been on and seem proud to display your ignorance. Have at it. You don' t like that I call Kerry a coaward?
Take it up with Kerry. He is the one lack the balls to take a stand on anything. And the harm he did to this country when he got out of Viet Nam in record time is disgusting. Whatever your little agenda is, go ahead and keep posting you little attacks on me. Little cretins like you are a dime a dozen and you can find them all over the internet.
Did you ever play peek-a-boo with a baby?
The baby never gets tired of the game. He is always thrilled when you re-appear.
Posting with you is a lot like that, but being the adult half of this game, I tend to get bored with your lack of originality, your repeated posts saying the same thing, and your continual rehash of the same things over and over again.
When does school start again - next week?:D

wes
08-25-2004, 09:16 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1153496/posts

where were you when this was taking place?

wes

Tom
08-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Wes,
Great link.

wes
08-25-2004, 09:35 PM
http://wizbangblog.com/archives/003397.ph

Good info

wes

Tom
08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
"Yes, those lying, imperialistic dogs at http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=129971#post129971 have lied to you again. They have told you that you would find /archives/003397.ph here, but they LIE! /archives/003397.ph is not even within 100 miles of this website. /archives/003397.ph is committing suicide because it has been shamed and Allah will roast its stomach in hell.

Most certainly you should not look for the page at Wizbang.

Saddam will have vengeance on those who believe that /archives/003397.ph is here. Victory is immanent."
(There is a photo of Bahgdad Bob, but it is too large to post)

Is this the link you posted, or did I stumble onto a joke?
LOL!

JustRalph
08-25-2004, 11:24 PM
As a Fan of Jamie Farr.........this is insulting to Cross Dressing Soldiers everywhere!

http://websophist.com/KerryKlingerCrossO.jpg