PDA

View Full Version : Strange, both the firefighters and now the Olympics have one thing in common

Secretariat
08-20-2004, 10:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/news?slug=usatoday-politicaladupsetsiraqip&prov=usatoday_wire&type=lgns

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Spun another way, how will Mr. Kerry meet his God after slaughtering Viet Cong?

So silly. So very silly.

Now President Bush can't advertise his successes?? Whatever.

I am now of the firm belief that President Bush will have to royally screw things up between now and November to lose. It will be that easy from here on out....

Secretariat
08-21-2004, 10:51 AM
What did the link have to do with Kerry? The link bascially just stated the the Iraqi Olympians don't like being used for American political gain by someone they do not like.

Tom
08-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
What did the link have to do with Kerry? The link bascially just stated the the Iraqi Olympians don't like being used for American political gain by someone they do not like.

And yet if not for Bush, they would either:

a. Not be there
b Be subject to torture if they lose

The question here, is the Iraq's really deserve freedom?
Frankly, I don't think they are wortht he effort. Let them all go back to their little tribe and kill each other. That is all they seem to understand. allah's children. *spit*:mad:

sq764
08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Sec, what's ironic is that they publicly thanked the US for ridding them of Saddaam's son, who tortured and killed athletes that lost their games/matches.. Yet they now want to distance themselves from the US..

Come to think of it, they are just like Flip Floppin Kerry :-)

Secretariat
08-22-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Tom
And yet if not for Bush, they would either:

a. Not be there
b Be subject to torture if they lose

The question here, is the Iraq's really deserve freedom?
Frankly, I don't think they are wortht he effort. Let them all go back to their little tribe and kill each other. That is all they seem to understand. allah's children. *spit*:mad:

If Bush is their liberator, then why do they hate him so much. These are Iraqi Olympians. Look at these comments to Sports Illustrated.com:

"...the team's coach said the ad was inappropriate and that the team does not support the U.S. occupation of Iraq.

"My problems are not with the American people," Iraqi coach Adnan Hamad told SI.com.

"They are with what America has done in Iraq: destroy everything," he said. "The American army has killed so many people in Iraq. What is freedom when I go to the (national) stadium and there are shootings on the road?"

"Iraq as a team does not want Mr. Bush to use us for the presidential campaign," Iraqi midfielder Salih Sadir told SI.com through a translator. "He can find another way to advertise himself."

I must admit the tenure of these comments surpised me a bit as these were Olympians who were permitted to represent their country freely in Athens.

JustRalph
08-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Screw them. At least if they lose they don't have to worry about one of Saddam's kids feeding them into a Wood Chipper.........not since President Bush freed their ungrateful asses. Funny how fast they forget.

Tom
08-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Too many head shots in soccer...all over the world, soccer players and fans are certifiable idiots. Is soccer really a sport? I'd rather watch paint dry.If these Iraqi idiots are so damned concerned about the "evil occupier" back home, why are they not there fighting for thier country instead of living the life liesure in Greece?
Is a medal more important to them than thier families?

sq764
08-22-2004, 11:00 AM
I can understand why it happens..

If I had to sit through an entire soccer match, I would want to shoot and/or torture someone.

If it ended 0-0, double the above recipe..