PDA

View Full Version : The "Booming" Trump economy

mostpost
01-05-2018, 02:04 PM
In the first eleven months (February through December) of Donald Trump's first term, the economy has added a total of 1,839,000 new jobs.

That is the smallest amount for a similar period since 2010. And, it is 252,00 jobs per year less than the next lowest.

In the meantime, the stock market continues to soar. The rich get richer while the middle class continues to tread water.

The crash is coming.

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 02:09 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/949335710783324160

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 02:10 PM
https://twitter.com/josephlawler/status/949278890811371521

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 02:11 PM
In the first eleven months (February through December) of Donald Trump's first term, the economy has added a total of 1,839,000 new jobs.

That is the smallest amount for a similar period since 2010. And, it is 252,00 jobs per year less than the next lowest.

In the meantime, the stock market continues to soar. The rich get richer while the middle class continues to tread water.

The crash is coming.
Middle class people don't own stocks?

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/05/trumps-first-year-jobs-numbers-were-very-very-good/

Actor
01-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Middle class people don't own stocks?Not directly but they do have 401k's, 403b's, IRA's, etc.

For better or worse we live in a global economy. I seriously doubt that the actions/policies of any one president, prime minister, king, dictator, etc. have much effect. They would all have to act in unison, does anyone think that's going to happen? The game is to take undeserved credit for good news and place underserved blame on the opposition for the bad.

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 02:28 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/ralph-acampora-i-am-so-bullish-i-have-to-sit-down-and-calm-down.html

mostpost
01-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Most of those jobs were in the computer and auto industries. You remember the Auto industry. The one that Obama saved even as Republicans were saying "Let it fail."

The coal industry that Trump promised to resurrect? That industry gained 45 jobs a month. Wow!!!!!!!

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Facts are facts They are there for everyone to see Of I forgot, Dems don't deal in facts.

Tom
01-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Most of those jobs were in the computer and auto industries. You remember the Auto industry. The one that Obama saved even as Republicans were saying "Let it fail."

The coal industry that Trump promised to resurrect? That industry gained 45 jobs a month. Wow!!!!!!!

Please feel free to donate your entire tax-windfall back to help this ailing economy survive! :pound::pound::pound::pound:

mostie is reading all this in magazine that was published 9 months ago and just showed up in the mail today! :pound::pound::pound:

chadk66
01-05-2018, 03:54 PM
it's comical watching these libs try to separate trump from this prosperity. it's one of the biggest acts of desperation I've ever seen in my lifetime and I'm rather old :pound:. The middle class is going to gain so much financially over the next who knows how many years yet the libs will continue to spew absolute garbage. They know this economy spells political doom for them

reckless
01-05-2018, 04:00 PM

Obama saved the auto industry? :lol::lol:

You mean the auto industry union, right? Obama put out of business those auto distributors that had a record of donating money to the GOP and conservative causes.

While Obama was president, Ford Motor said they were leaving the USA for Mexico, remember?

Then president-elect Donald J. Trump put some muscle on Ford soon after his America-saving election. He reminded them it would be a bad business decision to ship jobs to Mexico; also threatening to add a tariff on all Mexico-made cars shipped back to the USA ... then viola! ... Ford crawls back home and announces a change in plans.

I just love all you common sense deniers, Trump bashers and revisionists ... one of a kind. Ignorant to the end and never in doubt. :lol::lol:

reckless
01-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Please feel free to donate your entire tax-windfall back to help this ailing economy survive! :pound::pound::pound::pound:

mostie is reading all this in magazine that was published 9 months ago and just showed up in the mail today! :pound::pound::pound:

Rumor has it mostie still lives on his old route and trained his replacement personally. :lol:

zico20
01-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Obama saved the auto industry? :lol::lol:

You mean the auto industry union, right? Obama put out of business those auto distributors that had a record of donating money to the GOP and conservative causes.

While Obama was president, Ford Motor said they were leaving the USA for Mexico, remember?

Then president-elect Donald J. Trump put some muscle on Ford soon after his America-saving election. He reminded them it would be a bad business decision to ship jobs to Mexico; also threatening to add a tariff on all Mexico-made cars shipped back to the USA ... then viola! ... Ford crawls back home and announces a change in plans.

I just love all you common sense deniers, Trump bashers and revisionists ... one of a kind. Ignorant to the end and never in doubt. :lol::lol:

I guess Mostie has never heard of the word bankruptcy. Obama's one and only goal was to save his union boys from taking a bath in bankruptcy. Obama could have cared less if the taxpayers were taken to the cleaners.

davew
01-05-2018, 05:08 PM
The crash is coming.

For sure- Trump will be the first president that had the dow jones drop 5000 points since 0bama.

AndyC
01-05-2018, 05:10 PM
......In the meantime, the stock market continues to soar. The rich get richer while the middle class continues to tread water.

So the government and union pensions don't benefit from a rising stock market? Or do only the rich get government or union pensions?

Actor
01-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Most of those jobs were in the computer and auto industries. You remember the Auto industry.How many were at McDonalds and Pizza Hut?

fast4522
01-05-2018, 05:14 PM

You remind me of that Michael Wolff character, very moronic and got the Dr Evil look.

Clocker
01-05-2018, 05:54 PM

Ford threw Trump a bone on that one for some good PR and then turned around and did what they wanted to anyway.

Ford Motor Co. announced Tuesday it has scrubbed plans to build a new $1.6 billion assembly plant in Mexico, a project that had been spotlighted by then-candidate Donald Trump, especially after Ford said it would move small car production from the U.S. into that new factory.

But while the move is being hailed by some as a victory for the president-elect, a closer look at the announcement, made by senior Ford executives at a suburban Detroit assembly plant, did not actually reverse the central decision the automaker announced last April.

Small car production, such as the compact Focus model, will still move to Mexico, just into an existing Ford plant in Hermosillo.
I don't remember hearing about that other plant at the time. I guess Ford was keeping a low profile. :p

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/ford-cancels-mexican-plant-still-moving-small-car-production-n702761

barahona44
01-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Meanwhile,back at the ranch, the Canadians, under the leadership of that Neanderthal hard right prime minister Justin Trudeau :D announced the addition of 79,000 jobs in December (equivalent to the U.S. adding 695,000 jobs) bringing the Great White North to its lowest unemployment rate since 1976.

Canada - so tired of winning. :lol: :ThmbUp:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/statistics-canada-jobs-december-1.4474326

mostpost
01-05-2018, 06:53 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/05/trumps-first-year-jobs-numbers-were-very-very-good/
I could not access that article without a Washington Post subscription, but I did see enough to know that while the headline says very, very good, the start of the article says "pretty good"

I also learned enough indirectly to know the article said very, very good compared to the first year of his predecessors, but not compared to recent trends.

What does Bump mean by predecessors? If he means Obama and Bush, well duh. Obama's first year was the middle of the worst recession in 80 years and Bush is Bush.

If we look at Trump's predecessors since Kennedy in 1961, we find that Trump stands right in the middle; behind Carter, Clinton, Nixon and Bush I, ahead of Kennedy, Reagan, Bush II and Obama.

in my previous post I detailed how Trump's job numbers compare with the past six years of the Obama administration. Short answer; they are not good.

chrisl
01-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Meanwhile,back at the ranch, the Canadians, under the leadership of that Neanderthal hard right prime minister Justin Trudeau :D announced the addition of 79,000 jobs in December (equivalent to the U.S. adding 695,000 jobs) bringing the Great White North to its lowest unemployment rate since 1976.

Canada - so tired of winning. :lol: :ThmbUp:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/statistics-canada-jobs-december-1.4474326

And you can thank the good USA., for Canada's success.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-05-2018, 07:06 PM
in my previous post I detailed how Trump's job numbers compare with the past six years of the Obama administration. Short answer; they are not good.

His jobs numbers are the best in a single year since your family of choice Clinton.

Lowest black unemployment rate in the entire history of the country.

DOW over 25K DJIA not far behind

Over a million people getting $1k and $2k checks as bonuses due to the "Armageddon" tax cut.

Keep spreading doom and gloom. If you were a stock broker, you would have jumped off a roof 8 months ago.

fast4522
01-05-2018, 07:43 PM
I could not access that article without a Washington Post subscription, but I did see enough to know that while the headline says very, very good, the start of the article says "pretty good"

I also learned enough indirectly to know the article said very, very good compared to the first year of his predecessors, but not compared to recent trends.

What does Bump mean by predecessors? If he means Obama and Bush, well duh. Obama's first year was the middle of the worst recession in 80 years and Bush is Bush.

If we look at Trump's predecessors since Kennedy in 1961, we find that Trump stands right in the middle; behind Carter, Clinton, Nixon and Bush I, ahead of Kennedy, Reagan, Bush II and Obama.

You should be honest with yourself, not only today but your always way out of your depth. It seems like I hated Barack Hussein Obama when in fact it was nothing personal with him and we just hated you and your kind. The core of it we just do not want to pay like no moneys at all for your leftest causes. All I can say is you folks wanted civil war, you got it at the ballot box. A clueless guy like yourself just can't understand half of the country has had it up to our eyeballs with your crap and we intend to destroy you folks in several elections. Should my BS turn into reality I expect we'll still be kicking around here to more than rub it in.

JustRalph
01-05-2018, 10:48 PM

This is huge! Not McDonalds jobs......

mostpost
01-05-2018, 11:30 PM
His jobs numbers are the best in a single year since your family of choice Clinton.
No, they not. Six years during the Obama administration and two years during the Bush Administration had better jobs numbers than Trump in 2017. By the way, in case you don't realize it, Jobs numbers are the number of jobs created; not the unemployment percentage.

I don't know where you are getting your numbers from. Mine come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Clocker
01-06-2018, 12:40 PM
This discussion of presidential job creation is nonsense. Presidents don't create jobs. Administrations don't create jobs. Congress doesn't create jobs.

Businesses create jobs. The administration and the Congress and many other factors contribute to an economic and political environment that does or doesn't encourage job creation by businesses.

The Obama administration did not contribute to a business environment that encouraged job creation. The actual number of jobs created sounds good, but are quite low in reality and in a historical context. Coming off a recession, the numbers should have been much higher. Jobs were created at a rate much lower than normal, and a major factor was uncertainty about government regulation, including ObamaCare, "bail-outs", taxes, EPA regulation, etc. Unemployment numbers under Obama were also improved on the face of things by record low work force participation rates.

From Forbes:
On almost every measure examined, the 2009-15 recovery since the recession ended in June of 2009 has been the meekest in more than 50 years.https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevemoore/2016/01/05/obamas-economic-record-dismal/#452641d42aea

Job growth under Trump cannot yet be judged. Until the tax cut, the administration and Congress did little in a positive way to actually stimulate the economy. The impact of the tax cut will be seen over the next year. The economic environment was improved simply by the fact that Hillary lost. The inaction of Trump and Congress on such measures as tariffs, NAFTA, etc., was also a positive, as were regulation cuts by Trump's executive orders.

davew
01-06-2018, 12:57 PM
So the government and union pensions don't benefit from a rising stock market? Or do only the rich get government or union pensions?

Most is probably just hoping his retirement lammers are still available until he dies.

Actor
01-06-2018, 03:07 PM
DOW over 25K DJIA not far behindDJIA stands for Dow Jones Industrial Average. Right?

Aren't the DOW and the DJIA the same thing? :confused:

Actor
01-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Most is probably just hoping his retirement lammers are still available until he dies."lammers" ??? :confused:

MONEY
01-06-2018, 03:41 PM
"lammers" ??? :confused:

Synonym for Covfefe.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-06-2018, 05:47 PM
DJIA stands for Dow Jones Industrial Average. Right?

Aren't the DOW and the DJIA the same thing? :confused:

It was a sad attempt at a joke.

Actor
01-07-2018, 02:34 AM
It was a sad attempt at a joke.I don't get it. :confused:

upthecreek
01-11-2018, 12:08 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951475143641092096

reckless
01-11-2018, 03:56 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951475143641092096

In reality, it is actually a higher number than what that poll says. Why? Quinnipiac is one of most polling organizations that consistently skewer those that participate to favor Democrats or liberals. Of the poll you cite ... only about 27 per cent of those polled say they were Republican or leaning Republican.

The voter number of those registered Republican comes to about 45-47 per cent nationally, last I heard.

Tom
01-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Wow - the dems can't even win a rigged poll! :pound:

chadk66
01-11-2018, 07:12 PM
In reality, it is actually a higher number than what that poll says. Why? Quinnipiac is one of most polling organizations that consistently skewer those that participate to favor Democrats or liberals. Of the poll you cite ... only about 27 per cent of those polled say they were Republican or leaning Republican.

The voter number of those registered Republican comes to about 45-47 per cent nationally, last I heard.And employed people that would make up or understand the economy are about 60% republican if not more

upthecreek
01-12-2018, 03:56 PM
https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAuBVYc?m=en-us

chadk66
01-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Wow - the dems can't even win a rigged poll! :pound:
:lol: you know it's bad when that happens.

JustRalph
01-12-2018, 07:02 PM
https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAuBVYc?m=en-us

Huge!

upthecreek
04-06-2018, 04:29 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/982353242196766720

Tom
04-06-2018, 04:39 PM
This is 0bama's legacy!

Sad.

chadk66
04-06-2018, 05:58 PM
and right before mid terms :lol:

upthecreek
08-16-2018, 11:50 AM
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1030118262674259968

tucker6
08-16-2018, 02:20 PM
... but the tariffs...

Nutz and Boltz
08-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Makes me want to rejoin the labor force, but the way my job has changed so much over the last 5 years since I retired, I don't think I would be able to keep up. Wish I could get those 5 years back. Retirement sucks !:bang:

thaskalos
08-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Makes me want to rejoin the labor force, but the way my job has changed so much over the last 5 years since I retired, I don't think I would be able to keep up. Wish I could get those 5 years back. Retirement sucks !:bang:

Retirement is a lot like marriage. Those who are out of it want to get in it...and when they are in it, most want to get out of it again.

elysiantraveller
08-16-2018, 02:54 PM
... but the tariffs...

Have raised consumer prices and cost jobs. :ThmbUp:

upthecreek
08-16-2018, 03:13 PM
https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/16/news/companies/walmart-earnings-retail/index.html

tucker6
08-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Have raised consumer prices and cost jobs. :ThmbUp:

So what? That happens daily in a $20T economy with or without tariffs. Tariffs are a rounding error at this point.