PDA

View Full Version : Can see this bounce coming.....

Valuist
08-20-2004, 09:51 AM
They might need a sand dial for Perfect Drift on Sunday. Back in 2 weeks, off a cross country flight, off a seasonal top number that may have been inflated due to a perfect trip. He ran his last eighth in :13 3/5; that was excusable for Roses in May, who prompted a killing 1:08 4/5 pace; not for an off the pace type like Perfect Drift. Toss in the barn's 0 for 58 or 59 race losing streak and this one has the look of an underlay.

ceejay
08-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I thought that myself, but when he put's in a top PD doesn't seem to bounce significantly. I draw your attention to the KCup (112 Beyer 13-flat last 1/8), followed two weeks later by the Hawthorne Gold cup (not as long a ship) with a 109. Now, he did bounce to the moon in the '02 BC....

Valuist
08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
True but I thought he was much more impressive in the Kentucky Cup last year. Congaree was pretty much lone speed and he went out and ran him down. No question he was the best horse in that race. At Saratoga, despite the close finish, I think Roses in May was much the best. I think all year he's shown he's not the same racehorse as in 2003.