PDA

View Full Version : Top Horse Analytics: 01/03/2018 The End

Augenj
01-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Effective immediately, race picks and results will no longer be published at Pace Advantage or anywhere else for that matter. As some of you may know, I spend several hours each racing day to bring them to PA and my site. I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto. :) I've learned a lot here and was able to apply some of it to Top Horse Analytics over the years. Thanks for that but as you know, overcoming the takeout and breakage is very difficult.

Thanks for your understanding.

John

VigorsTheGrey
01-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Thank you for all that you have done here, John, it has been a pleasure conversing with you and following your work. You always are respectful to all and I will definitely miss both you and your data tables and picks...yet I understand..I have learned much. Good luck, be healthy and have fun in your future adventures...sincerely Vigors.

Bennie
01-03-2018, 08:11 PM
john - thank you for all you did and may I be the first to say that you will be missed. There comes a time when you need to say enough and start truly enjoying the wonders of this world before they or you are gone. You may find it hard to find a place with no internet as it seems to be everywhere but there are still a few hidden acres out there. Kind of like that commercial where people are driving off road and keep checking there phone to see if there is service. They keep driving until they reach a spot with no service available and that is where they pitch their camp.I am looking forward to my retirement in the years ahead and to traveling to Wyoming to try to find an area where there is a highway that could have been built many years ago by the army air corp, of which my father was a member after the war. He always wanted to go back there some day and used to tell us it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen. He never did make it back but I want to bring some thing of his and a little patch of dirt from his and my mom's grave site and place it somewhere so he can finally make it back there. It is something I have always promised myself I would do. I wish you the best and hope there are many adventures out there for you. When you pass a cell tower along the way drop a note to all of us here and let us now what you have been up to. Till then, happy trails.

jay68802
01-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Thanks, I will miss your posts. Great job, and enjoy the traveling.

Augenj
01-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Thank you for all that you have done here, John, it has been a pleasure conversing with you and following your work. You always are respectful to all and I will definitely miss both you and your data tables and picks...yet I understand..I have learned much. Good luck, be healthy and have fun in your future adventures...sincerely Vigors.
Thanks, Vigors. Your persistence helped move the bar, so to speak. ;)

Augenj
01-03-2018, 09:36 PM
john - thank you for all you did and may I be the first to say that you will be missed. There comes a time when you need to say enough and start truly enjoying the wonders of this world before they or you are gone. You may find it hard to find a place with no internet as it seems to be everywhere but there are still a few hidden acres out there. Kind of like that commercial where people are driving off road and keep checking there phone to see if there is service. They keep driving until they reach a spot with no service available and that is where they pitch their camp.I am looking forward to my retirement in the years ahead and to traveling to Wyoming to try to find an area where there is a highway that could have been built many years ago by the army air corp, of which my father was a member after the war. He always wanted to go back there some day and used to tell us it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen. He never did make it back but I want to bring some thing of his and a little patch of dirt from his and my mom's grave site and place it somewhere so he can finally make it back there. It is something I have always promised myself I would do. I wish you the best and hope there are many adventures out there for you. When you pass a cell tower along the way drop a note to all of us here and let us now what you have been up to. Till then, happy trails.
Thanks, Bennie. I know a few places where you're off the grid, generally in lightly populated valleys. I'll be checking in once in awhile.

Augenj
01-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Thanks, I will miss your posts. Great job, and enjoy the traveling.
Thanks, Jay. I appreciate the kind words.

Fred Mertz
01-03-2018, 09:50 PM
I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto. :)

John,

You were a fixture while I visited daily over the past few years. It's good you have your priorities in order and it is also good to hear that you'll still be hanging out here.

Best wishes and thank you.

Augenj
01-03-2018, 09:56 PM
John,

You were a fixture while I visited daily over the past few years. It's good you have your priorities in order and it is also good to hear that you'll still be hanging out here.

Best wishes and thank you.
Thanks, Fred, and you're welcome. :ThmbUp:

ISU-horse
01-07-2018, 01:49 AM
Effective immediately, race picks and results will no longer be published at Pace Advantage or anywhere else for that matter. As some of you may know, I spend several hours each racing day to bring them to PA and my site. I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto. :) I've learned a lot here and was able to apply some of it to Top Horse Analytics over the years. Thanks for that but as you know, overcoming the takeout and breakage is very difficult.

John

I don't post here often but I read your picks every day. Thanks for doing it.

Augenj
01-07-2018, 06:12 AM
I don't post here often but I read your picks every day. Thanks for doing it.
You're welcome. I wish I could continue on. ;)

Matrix1022
01-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Hi you have help me from the start , thanks. Is there any way you can do just 2 days and make it easier for you and the greatness of thanks for this. If you ever feel you missed it a couple of days a week would be wonderful. I try going to track on Saturday I there's no work . Just a thought. I appreciate anything and all the great knowledge you have !!!

Alwaysonpoint36
01-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Enjoy your retirement man. Gonna miss THA and those ‘W’ horses, great work and it’s a legacy you should be immensely proud of.

Augenj
01-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Hi you have help me from the start , thanks. Is there any way you can do just 2 days and make it easier for you and the greatness of thanks for this. If you ever feel you missed it a couple of days a week would be wonderful. I try going to track on Saturday I there's no work . Just a thought. I appreciate anything and all the great knowledge you have !!!
Thanks. I'm glad THA was of some use to you.

Augenj
01-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Enjoy your retirement man. Gonna miss THA and those ‘W’ horses, great work and it’s a legacy you should be immensely proud of.
Thanks AOP. Those "W" horses would shock once in awhile, eh? :)

SkunkApe
01-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Aug (John),

Man, I'm gonna miss your analyses. Your posts have been an integral part of my handicapping for years. Thanks for all the work you've done, and the fun you've brought to me.

Best of luck in your retirement: I'm happy for ya. I'm hoping when you occasionally get back from the wild, you can post some pictures of your travels here.

Best of luck on your new journey.

- Jim

Augenj
01-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Aug (John),

Man, I'm gonna miss your analyses. Your posts have been an integral part of my handicapping for years. Thanks for all the work you've done, and the fun you've brought to me.

Best of luck in your retirement: I'm happy for ya. I'm hoping when you occasionally get back from the wild, you can post some pictures of your travels here.

Best of luck on your new journey.

- Jim
Thanks, Jim. The idea has always been to do your own handicapping and then take a look at the THA pick for confirmation. That said, some of the THA picks were obviously a bad choice by the computer and those needed to be skipped.... except for the $29 winners, of course. :)

I'll be in touch every so often. Lots of good handicappers here and not afraid to share their opinions.

oughtoh
01-07-2018, 03:02 PM
I will miss your post and looking up the result every night. Hope you enjoy your travels.

Augenj
01-07-2018, 04:21 PM
I will miss your post and looking up the result every night. Hope you enjoy your travels.
Thanks, oughtoh. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2018, 06:30 PM

JohnJohn, well, that kinda sucks. As you can see from the responses, your posts will be missed.

Hope you find what you're looking for out there. Have fun and be well! :ThmbUp:

Augenj
01-07-2018, 10:32 PM
John, well, that kinda sucks. As you can see from the responses, your posts will be missed.

Hope you find what you're looking for out there. Have fun and be well! :ThmbUp:
Mike, thanks. You run a great board here and I know it's a tough job. I ran a smaller greyhound board at one time and I know how challenging it can be, both technically and with "diverse" members. As far as I'm concerned, this is the center of the horse racing world. I'll be around and thanks again.

John