PDA

View Full Version : More terrible tax news

Pages : [1] 2

JustRalph
01-02-2018, 11:14 PM
https://apnews.com/9991b762ca8047a19535cd966480fe9b/Southwest-and-American-to-pay-bonuses-after-tax-bill?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

davew
01-02-2018, 11:32 PM
cbs did a section on how much a typical families taxes will go up with new law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3OG5zL51Bg

upthecreek
01-03-2018, 07:32 AM
cbs did a section on how much a typical families taxes will go up with new law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3OG5zL51Bg

The average household would get a tax cut of $1,610 in 2018, a bump of about 2.2 percent in that average household's income, according to a report released Monday by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan think tank that has been critical of the tax overhaul plan.

davew
01-03-2018, 07:55 AM
The average household would get a tax cut of $1,610 in 2018, a bump of about 2.2 percent in that average household's income, according to a report released Monday by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan think tank that has been critical of the tax overhaul plan.

Then what does Nancy Pelosi mean when she says 'this is armeggedon' ?

https://nypost.com/2017/12/04/this-is-armageddon-pelosi-trashes-gop-tax-bill/

boxcar
01-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Then what does Nancy Pelosi mean when she says 'this is armeggedon' ?

https://nypost.com/2017/12/04/this-is-armageddon-pelosi-trashes-gop-tax-bill/

Our Auntie Nancy was simply projecting the Dems' dire consequences unto taxpayers. :coffee:

Tom
01-03-2018, 09:08 AM
OMG!

Has anyone heard from Dan????
Someone better check on him.

RunForTheRoses
01-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Wow, I thought the capitalist scum would use the money for automation. Marx must be spinning in his grave.

pandy
01-03-2018, 10:32 AM
https://www.housingwire.com/articles/42148-pnc-bbt-bofa-join-banks-raising-wages-and-giving-bonuses-after-tax-reform

JustRalph
01-03-2018, 01:22 PM
https://www.housingwire.com/articles/42148-pnc-bbt-bofa-join-banks-raising-wages-and-giving-bonuses-after-tax-reform

This is monumental stuff. In a country where the left constantly complains about how evil corporations are, the first reaction of so many of these companies is to funnel some of their tax savings directly to their employees is counter to everything we hear.

The increase in wages is even more important over time.

No one could have predicted this. Cutting the corporate tax rate is already a huge deal for making companies more competitive but these added extra benefits tied in with the fact these same employees will pay less tax on the "new money", is a grand slam.

davew
01-03-2018, 01:49 PM
This is monumental stuff. In a country where the left constantly complains about how evil corporations are, the first reaction of so many of these companies is to funnel some of their tax savings directly to their employees is counter to everything we hear.

No one could have predicted this. Cutting the corporate tax rate is already a huge deal for making companies more competitive but these added extra benefits tied in with the fact these same employees will pay less tax on the "new money", is a grand slam.

they are talking about their own

Bozo from Amazon is working on robots in shipping department and drones for delivery (even though he got a sweetheart deal for USPS to ship below cost and deliver on Sunday - they probably will be able to make up for it with more volume). Some also think Amazon may try taking over Target in next couple years....

Walmart (Clinton country backers) have been paying low and getting rich themselves. Why pay a livable wage when the dimocrat controlled government will supply EBT, housing insurance...

pandy
01-03-2018, 02:23 PM

I agree. I bank at BBT. PNC also has many branches around here. Imagine a full time employee who was making $12 an hour and starting Monday is now at $15, that's a huge increase that will help their retirement (401 contributions) and immediately provide a better standard of living. And without gov't mandates (increasing min. wage) which will probably backfire.

ElKabong
01-03-2018, 02:37 PM
https://apnews.com/9991b762ca8047a19535cd966480fe9b/Southwest-and-American-to-pay-bonuses-after-tax-bill?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Locally this is a big fn deal. Hq'd here, lot of positive buzz on the tax cuts. Money going back into pockets of everyday workers. Very nice

mostpost
01-03-2018, 02:39 PM
WOW!!! What generosity!! A $1200 bonus is fifty eight cents an hour over one year. A $1000 bonus is forty eight cents an hour and the $1500 per worker that one of the banks is adding to the pension benefits, comes out to seventy three cents an hour. All of those are one time payouts.

As for the $3 an hour increase in the minimum wage; how many employees will that actually affect? I doubt that there are very many minimum wage workers at any bank; certainly not the tellers, not the accountants. not the folks working in the loan department or the mortgage department, not the personal bankers or those working with businesses. I suspect even the custodial staff is making well in excess of minimum wage.

So, except for a tiny percentage, the banks are raising the wages of no one.
In return for which, their tax rate is being reduced by 40%.

pandy
01-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Actually, Most, the average salary for bank tellers in the U.S. is $24,470, which is just under $12.00 an hour. So, yes, their tellers most likely received a huge raise.

Clocker
01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
As for the $3 an hour increase in the minimum wage; how many employees will that actually affect? I doubt that there are very many minimum wage workers at any bank; certainly not the tellers,

US Bank Bank Tellers earn $24,000 annually, or $12 per hour, which is equal to the national average for all Bank Tellers (https://www.careerbliss.com/bank-teller/salaries/) at $24,000 annually and 87% lower than the national salary average for ​all working Americans. The highest paid Bank Tellers work for Guaranty Bank (https://www.careerbliss.com/guaranty-bank/salaries/bank-teller/) at $46,000 annually and the lowest paid Bank Tellers work for Midwest Bank and Trust Company (https://www.careerbliss.com/midwest-bank-and-trust-company/salaries/bank-teller/) at $16,000 annually.https://www.careerbliss.com/us-bank/salaries/bank-teller/

mostpost
01-03-2018, 03:08 PM
According to Southwest's own figures these one time expenses amount to 2,6% of their annual profits.

Clocker
01-03-2018, 03:38 PM
According to Southwest's own figures these one time expenses amount to 2,6% of their annual profits.

How much "should" they give? What would Obama and his minions deem to be the "fair share"?

davew
01-03-2018, 03:43 PM
How much "should" they give? What would Obama and his minions deem to be the "fair share"?

enough to insure bankruptcy in the next couple years, because corporations are bad

AndyC
01-03-2018, 03:59 PM

How much are their tax savings as a percentage of annual profits? What are the plans for the additional profits from tax relief? Would buying new planes or paying down debt be a bad thing?

reckless
01-03-2018, 04:55 PM

That question has been asked zillions to the lefties and guess what? They never give an answer, as you well know.

JustRalph
01-03-2018, 06:51 PM
You would piss on your own birthday cake if it had Republican candles

WOW!!! What generosity!! A $1200 bonus is fifty eight cents an hour over one year. A $1000 bonus is forty eight cents an hour and the $1500 per worker that one of the banks is adding to the pension benefits, comes out to seventy three cents an hour. All of those are one time payouts.

As for the $3 an hour increase in the minimum wage; how many employees will that actually affect? I doubt that there are very many minimum wage workers at any bank; certainly not the tellers, not the accountants. not the folks working in the loan department or the mortgage department, not the personal bankers or those working with businesses. I suspect even the custodial staff is making well in excess of minimum wage.

Clocker
01-03-2018, 08:06 PM
You would piss on your own birthday cake if it had Republican candlesEspecially after the insult of a lousy little 25% wage increase. :faint:

chadk66
01-03-2018, 08:37 PM
That question has been asked zillions to the lefties and guess what? They never give an answer, as you well know.They do that with many questions such as "what is the ideal temperature for the earth" :pound:

Tom
01-03-2018, 09:30 PM
You would piss on your own birthday cake if it had Republican candles

Note to self:

September 9, 2018......buy cake and RED CANDLES!

reckless
01-03-2018, 09:50 PM

When you got all those raises over your 30-40 your career in the Post Office how much profit did the USPS show in those years? I assume pay raises and bonuses come from profits, no? :lol:

Also, many of those PO's upper level management types nationwide got yearly bonuses on a fairly regular basis despite the PO annually losing money, annually losing customers and annually becoming less and less efficient under their 'leadership'.

mostpost
01-03-2018, 11:24 PM
That question has been asked zillions to the lefties and guess what? They never give an answer, as you well know.
It hasn't been answered because it is a stupid question. What I do know is that as long as CEO compensation is thousands of times worker compensation, it is not a fair share.

mostpost
01-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Note to self:

September 9, 2018......buy cake and RED CANDLES!
Thank you for remembering my birthday. Here is a trivia question for you.
What historical event occurred one year to the day prior to the day you were born?

mostpost
01-03-2018, 11:44 PM
When you got all those raises over your 30-40 your career in the Post Office how much profit did the USPS show in those years? I assume pay raises and bonuses come from profits, no? :lol:

Also, many of those PO's upper level management types nationwide got yearly bonuses on a fairly regular basis despite the PO annually losing money, annually losing customers and annually becoming less and less efficient under their 'leadership'.
In 2006, the Republican Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, a blatant attempt to destroy USPS and replace it with a for profit postal system. The PAEA required USPS to pay up to $5.8B a year to fund future employee health benefits. I mean way future-like 75 years.
Were it not for those payments, USPS would have shown a surplus in 11 of the last 13 years.

As far as raises are concerned, aside from COLA, I do not recall a wage increase over 1.5% in the last 20 years before I retired and many times not even that. One of managements favorite tricks was to give a one time bonus in lieu of a pay raise. Which meant that the next time the contract came up your base was the same as it had been at the previous contract.

Track Collector
01-04-2018, 12:07 AM

Another appearance of the Christmas Grinch, or perhaps the Domino's Noid.

The benefits of those who received them may not have been up to YOUR ideal, but I'm sure those who did receive them were happy about them regardless!!

Track Collector
01-04-2018, 12:13 AM
As far as raises are concerned, aside from COLA, I do not recall a wage increase over 1.5% in the last 20 years before I retired and many times not even that. One of managements favorite tricks was to give a one time bonus in lieu of a pay raise. Which meant that the next time the contract came up your base was the same as it had been at the previous contract.

You DID have the option to pursue another line of employment, but decided the USPS was your best option, despite this pattern of trickery, right?

forced89
01-04-2018, 08:29 AM

Employees who are insulted by these payments should take a stand refuse to accept them.

Tom
01-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Thank you for remembering my birthday. Here is a trivia question for you.
What historical event occurred one year to the day prior to the day you were born?

M*A*S*H became a viable TV show.
(Korean War began)

JustRalph
01-06-2018, 10:12 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/money/bs-bz-bge-tax-savings-20180105-story.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Conte ntutm_content=5a512ac94b7385000777934futm_medium=t rueAnthemutm_source=twitter

Baltimore.......the horror!!

Lemon Drop Husker
01-06-2018, 10:30 PM
It hasn't been answered because it is a stupid question. What I do know is that as long as CEO compensation is thousands of times worker compensation, it is not a fair share.

Why did CEO shares of wages double under Obama?

chadk66
01-07-2018, 02:41 PM
Why did CEO shares of wages double under Obama?:popcorn:

AndyC
01-07-2018, 03:55 PM

Many moons ago the corporations were being attacked for the high salaries of CEOs saying that the compensation wasn't deserved. The answer was to move more compensation to stock options which actually increased the average salary. Smart move by the corporations because the compensation did not require a cash outlay. Many CEOs got stock options at a very low option price after the sever decline in the market just before Obama took office. When the market recovered the CEOs reaped a large reward.

Tom
01-07-2018, 04:01 PM

Those bastards~!
Don't they know that will ruin Dan and mostie's day?

zico20
01-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Those bastards~!
Don't they know that will ruin Dan and mostie's day?

It is only a few bucks a month for the consumer, not enough to warrant a tax break to corporations, so says Mostie and Dan. :bang:

boxcar
01-09-2018, 12:39 PM
As many here know, Jamie Dimon (CEO of JP Morgan) is a Democrat. He's also very much on board with the corporate tax cuts and predicts a booming economy in the long term, and explains why. He even sees a 4% GDP!

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5705775984001/?#sp=show-clips

davew
01-09-2018, 01:25 PM

CEOs are getting better at squeezing profits?

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 02:10 PM
In 2006, the Republican Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, a blatant attempt to destroy USPS and replace it with a for profit postal system. The PAEA required USPS to pay up to $5.8B a year to fund future employee health benefits. I mean way future-like 75 years.
Were it not for those payments, USPS would have shown a surplus in 11 of the last 13 years.

So you mean they asked the USPS to ensure the money required to deliver on promised healthcare benefits would actually be there in the future when needed?

What criminals. :lol:

Sounds like they were trying to avoid a crisis that many cities and states face on their pension and healthcare benefits in the future (not to mention medicare, medicaid, and SS).

JustRalph
01-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Hmmmmm

boxcar
01-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Hmmmmm

Still no fish swimming in the streets of downtown Miami or no dead bodies piling up in our streets. Life is good.l :coffee:

JustRalph
01-09-2018, 10:34 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/working-class-families-are-winning-big-under-trump/article/2645348

More on economic turnaround

fast4522
01-09-2018, 11:18 PM
Some here talk conservative / populist to try to muck up what is really going on. People who have worked 40 years have Mil/Aero stocks and are doing very good with President Donald J. Trump, we have 401K's that are not too bad either. Some others invested everything they have trying to do something on their own so more Obama policy, shit no! You want that wall President Trump, build it because we got your 6.

JustRalph
01-10-2018, 06:12 PM
More terrible news

woodtoo
01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
You're killing it Ralph!!:headbanger:

JustRalph
01-10-2018, 07:54 PM
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/951210976438837254/video/1

Nice!

chadk66
01-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Company I work for just announced 15% wage bonus being paid out next week.

Zydeco
01-10-2018, 08:02 PM
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/951210976438837254/video/1

Nice!
Very nice!..then they go spend that bonus on something....that keeps another person employed..that......ah hell...is this trickle down theory or churn!!! lol. Dont know.

JustRalph
01-10-2018, 08:03 PM

Good for you!

Zydeco
01-10-2018, 08:03 PM

Nice!! Enjoy!

Tom
01-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Has mostie signed off on it yet?

NJ Stinks
01-10-2018, 09:45 PM
More terrible news

You do realize the tax money being handed out to people with jobs is tax money that cannot be spent on people without jobs who really need the money more.

Are we really supposed to be celebrating Robin Hood in reverse?

Tom
01-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Duh!
Where do you think that came from in the first place?

TAXPAYERS.
It should only go to TAXPAYERS, ie, people with jobs.

JustRalph
01-10-2018, 10:51 PM
You do realize the tax money being handed out to people with jobs is tax money that cannot be spent on people without jobs who really need the money more.

Sure I do........repatriation

Clocker
01-10-2018, 10:56 PM

You do realize that if a company is "allowed" to keep some of its own money that it earned, that is not "tax money"?

fast4522
01-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Hey Stinks

Those who can pass a drug test soon can find work, SOL if you can't.

NJ Stinks
01-11-2018, 12:30 AM
You do realize that if a company is "allowed" to keep some of its own money that it earned, that is not "tax money"?

We can let everybody keep every last penny they earned. And to hell with the non-earners/needy.

Is that the kind of country we are supposed to be striving for? Is that what "Make America Great Again" is supposed to mean?

Clocker
01-11-2018, 12:47 AM
We can let everybody keep every last penny they earned. And to hell with the non-earners/needy.

Is that the kind of country we are supposed to be striving for? Is that what "Make America Great Again" is supposed to mean?

Again, the attitude that the government is entitled to the money, and decides out of the largess of the rulers to let people "keep" some of what they earned.

I don't know what "Make America Great Again" is supposed to mean.

I do know that the less of a company's money the government takes, the more jobs that company can create. Some of us have the quaint idea that a company using its money to create jobs is more productive and more valuable to society than the government redistributing that money according to the outcomes that it deems fit and proper.

NJ Stinks
01-11-2018, 01:04 AM
Again, the attitude that the government is entitled to the money, and decides out of the largess of the rulers to let people "keep" some of what they earned.

I don't know what "Make America Great Again" is supposed to mean.

I do know that the less of a company's money the government takes, the more jobs that company can create. Some of us have the quaint idea that a company using its money to create jobs is more productive and more valuable to society than the government redistributing that money according to the outcomes that it deems fit and proper.

What you say has no meaning in real life. The government does not claim to be entitled to the money - Congress decides what tax revenue is needed and why. The government does not determine who gets assistance - Congress does.

Your child-like fixation on hating the concept of "government" is noted. :rolleyes:

Clocker
01-11-2018, 01:47 AM
What you say has no meaning in real life. The government does not claim to be entitled to the money - Congress decides what tax revenue is needed and why. The government does not determine who gets assistance - Congress does.

So in real life the government and Congress are independent entities?

Hint: In real life, Congress is a branch of government. They are not two different entities.

incoming
01-11-2018, 07:00 AM

Your child-like fixation on hating the concept of "government" is noted. :rolleyes:

Wow!!! What have you been smoking....I hope this was an attempt at a deflection.:lol::lol:

Tom
01-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Duh!

CONGRESS voted on the TAX CUTS.
So I guess the government will have to go along with it! :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Stinky, be glad we have Danny, horsey and hcap here.
Just sayin'.....:rolleyes::pound:

FakeNameChanged
01-11-2018, 08:57 AM

The average salary for a bank teller as of Jan. 2018 is 27,825 per year. That's 13.38/hr. The range is 23K to 33k over 21,402 surveyed. Bank tellers are disappearing at an alarming rate even before the wage hikes.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/bank-teller-salary-SRCH_KO0,11.htm

elysiantraveller
01-11-2018, 11:08 AM
The average salary for a bank teller as of Jan. 2018 is 27,825 per year. That's 13.38/hr. The range is 23K to 33k over 21,402 surveyed. Bank tellers are disappearing at an alarming rate even before the wage hikes.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/bank-teller-salary-SRCH_KO0,11.htm

That's because tellers are largely worthless and obsolete. Most banks are phasing them out. You could blame it on the Mexicans but it's mostly technology killing their jobs. :)

boxcar
01-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Duh!

CONGRESS voted on the TAX CUTS.
So I guess the government will have to go along with it! :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Stinky, be glad we have Danny, horsey and hcap here.
Just sayin'.....:rolleyes::pound:

And let's not forget: The NJs of this country who don't understand the three branches of government vote. :bang::bang:

upthecreek
01-11-2018, 11:32 AM
https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/951473130752692224

reckless
01-11-2018, 11:47 AM

Are you sure you heard this right?

I mean, I read every day on here from PA's resident 'republicans', 'conservatives' and numerous other lunatics about how bad and phony the Donald J. Trump Tax Bill of 2017 really, really is despite what dozens of companies are actually doing, and why they are doing it.

Glad to hear about the bonus.

FantasticDan
01-11-2018, 12:03 PM
You said this last month:

The company I work for has been giving out 15% bonuses for quite a few years now. This year, due to the tax bill, they are already talking it could be 20%.

So the tax bill is so great that your company decided to... do the same thing they've been doing for years.. :lol: :ThmbUp:

upthecreek
01-11-2018, 12:18 PM

So the tax bill is so great that your company decided to... do the same thing they've been doing for years.. :lol: :ThmbUp:
And under HRC his company would have probably moved to Mexico or China

FantasticDan
01-11-2018, 12:21 PM
And under HRC his company would have probably moved to Mexico or ChinaSolid point.. 15% bonuses with Obama, move the company with HRC.. :lol:

Clocker
01-11-2018, 12:39 PM

I don't hate the concept of government. I am a strong believer in the concept of government as established in our Constitution.

I hate the perversion of government by small-minded bureaucrats and greedy politicians. They have created a monster that corrupts government and destroys freedom. And your beloved IRS is a mindless tool of that monster.

FantasticDan
01-11-2018, 12:51 PM
I hate the perversion of government by small-minded bureaucrats and greedy politicians. They have created a monster that corrupts government and destroys freedom. And your beloved IRS is a mindless tool of that monster.
Government is a tool of the people. The people have allowed the monster to grow and to be perverted by small-minded bureaucrats and greedy politicians.

Is not, "we get the government we deserve", one of your favorite sayings?

boxcar
01-11-2018, 12:53 PM
I don't hate the concept of government. I am a strong believer in the concept of government as established in our Constitution.

Right now, the IRS isn't feelin' the love from blue states. Governors are planning and scheming how to circumvent the 10k cap deduction of state taxes.
Very strange action for liberals to be takin' since they have heretofore they have never seen a tax hike they didn't like or a loophole they didn't hate. Yet...they're now trying to do a 180 degree turnabout from these to circumvent the new tax law. Their hypocrisy is so thick, my chain saw probably couldn't cut through it. :coffee:

Clocker
01-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Government is a tool of the people.

How can the government be the tool of the people who don't participate, who don't know how it works, who don't know what it is doing, and who don't understand its impact on them?

FantasticDan
01-11-2018, 01:10 PM
How can the government be the tool of the people who don't participate, who don't know how it works, who don't know what it is doing, and who don't understand its impact on them?Hey, it's not the tool's fault when the tool user doesn't know what the hell he's doing..

Clocker
01-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Hey, it's not the tool's fault when the tool user doesn't know what the hell he's doing..

You got it backwards. It is the uninformed voter who is the tool, blindly voting for the Evil Party or the Stupid Party on the basis of empty rhetoric.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 02:02 PM
You got it backwards. It is the uninformed voter who is the tool, blindly voting for the Evil Party or the Stupid Party on the basis of empty rhetoric.

Don't waste you time with FannyDanny. Do you believe for a moment that FanDan really believes an Obama or Hillary are mere tools in the hands of the electorate? Or that the elitist "good ol' boys/girls in the Senate are just tools of the citizens who voted for them?

zico20
01-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Wal Mart is raising its minimum wage to 11 dollars an hour thanks to the tax cuts. The liberals on here will sure to be along any minute and tell us how Wal Mart is slave labor and anything under 15 dollars an hour is criminal.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11, give some employees bonuses following tax bill passage

And in addition to all this...Wally World is increasing maternity leave benefits.

And in addition to all this, these bonuses/raises do not come out of Wally World's profits but is considered "pass through" money -- money that would have gone to the voracious beast we call government but now instead is passed on to employees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/walmart-to-boost-starting-wage-give-employees-bonus-after-tax-bill.html

Clocker
01-11-2018, 02:19 PM
And in addition to all this, these bonuses/raises do not come out of Wally World's profits but is considered "pass through" money -- money that would have gone to the voracious beast we call government but now instead is passed on to employees.

But that's the government's money. :eek:

Those employees are just going to waste it, spending it on stuff for themselves. Probably at Wal-Mart, so those evil capitalists are even better off.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 02:28 PM
But that's the government's money. :eek:

Those employees are just going to waste it, spending it on stuff for themselves. Probably at Wal-Mart, so those evil capitalists are even better off.

It WAS the government's money. And I think people have a right to waste their money, if that's what they want to do.

upthecreek
01-11-2018, 03:14 PM
https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/951531392374067200

NJ Stinks
01-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Right now, the IRS isn't feelin' the love from blue states. Governors are planning and scheming how to circumvent the 10k cap deduction of state taxes.
Very strange action for liberals to be takin' since they have heretofore they have never seen a tax hike they didn't like or a loophole they didn't hate. Yet...they're now trying to do a 180 degree turnabout from these to circumvent the new tax law. Their hypocrisy is so thick, my chain saw probably couldn't cut through it. :coffee:

Listen to the parasite from Florida. No state income tax in Florida. Nope. No need for one because Florida gets back at least $1.20 for every dollar it's citizens pay the federal government in taxes. Meanwhile my state - the great (and not dependent on any other state for dickie-doo) state of NJ gets back 74 cents for every dollar we send to the federal government in taxes. Yet you pontificate on how liberals in NJ are destroying this country.

You are pathetic with your hypocrisy. Think about it. :rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
01-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Listen to the parasite from Florida. No state income tax in Florida. Nope. No need for one because Florida gets back at least $1.20 for every dollar it's citizens pay the federal government in taxes. Meanwhile my state - the great (and not dependent on any other state for dickie-doo) state of NJ gets back 74 cents for every dollar we send to the federal government in taxes. Yet you pontificate on how liberals in NJ are destroying this country.

God's Elevator is expensive.

zico20
01-11-2018, 04:25 PM

If you people can make it own your own, please leave, and take New York with you. That is a lot of electoral votes down the drain for the Democrats.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 04:45 PM

Nothing personal, Joisey...but care to document your numbers?

By the way...if Swampland gets back more than they pay, it's probably due to location, location, location. :lol: :lol:

chadk66
01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11, give some employees bonuses following tax bill passage

And in addition to all this...Wally World is increasing maternity leave benefits.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/walmart-to-boost-starting-wage-give-employees-bonus-after-tax-bill.htmlbullshit. Mostie said this was not going to happen. It was going into CEO's pockets.

chadk66
01-11-2018, 04:49 PM

By the way...if Swampland gets back more than they pay, it's probably due to location, location, location. :lol: :lol:Just ask him how much money the department of defense and the farm bill spends in NJ verses FL.:pound:And when he dances around that ask him how many people retire to Jersey :lol: because those figures include Social Security and Medicare :popcorn:

RunForTheRoses
01-11-2018, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng

boxcar
01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng

Wait one darn minute! I thought Al Gore invented the internet!? :bang::bang:

Also, I wonder if Ophra buys into Obama's BS? Does this multi-billionaire know that she had many helping hands along the way? Then how come they weren't on the stage with her receiving that award? How come Trump wasn't up there on the stage with her, as the CEO of the U.S. and chief representative of the people, taking credit on behalf the U.S. government for whatever it was Ophra supposedly accomplished?

Clocker
01-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Remember These Sage Words

And they weren't even his own words. The guy is so lacking in original thought, he was channeling Elizabeth Warren.

Warren rejects the concept that it is possible for Americans to become wealthy in isolation.

"You built a factory out there? Good for you," she says. "But I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did."

She continues: "Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea? God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-there-is-nobody-in-this-country-who-got-rich-on-his-own/

NJ Stinks
01-11-2018, 05:43 PM

By the way...if Swampland gets back more than they pay, it's probably due to location, location, location. :lol: :lol:

Read and learn or don't learn.

link: https://people.howstuffworks.com/which-states-give-the-most-the-federal-government-which-get-the-most.htm

boxcar
01-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Read and learn or don't learn.

link: https://people.howstuffworks.com/which-states-give-the-most-the-federal-government-which-get-the-most.htm

What have you learned? What I have learned is that the Feds are way too involved in the business of running the states. But the system is what the system is. If you don't like it, write to a government official, e.g. a senator or congress critter, to see if you can get it changed.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 07:04 PM
And they weren't even his own words. The guy is so lacking in original thought, he was channeling Elizabeth Warren.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-there-is-nobody-in-this-country-who-got-rich-on-his-own/

In other words, a classic case of the blind leading the blind...and we know how that turns out.

RunForTheRoses
01-11-2018, 07:10 PM
In other words, a classic case of the blind leading the blind...and we know how that turns out.

It looks like Marx's Labor theory of Value still lives in some quarters (i.e. mainstream Democratic Party thought).

Clocker
01-11-2018, 07:23 PM
mainstream Democratic Party thought

He said "thought". :pound:

chadk66
01-11-2018, 07:27 PM

So the tax bill is so great that your company decided to... do the same thing they've been doing for years.. :lol: :ThmbUp:I believe I said they usually give this out. We weren't sure it was going to happen again due to new CEO. He decided he didn't need a bigger salary. There are some that actually received more I'm told. This is above the wage increases we all got also. Which was twice what they have normally been. It's to the point I can barely take all this winning. If it gets any better I'll have to bring a wheel barrow to work to bring my paycheck home in.

chadk66
01-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Government is a tool of the people. The people have allowed the monster to grow and to be perverted by small-minded bureaucrats and greedy politicians.

Is not, "we get the government we deserve", one of your favorite sayings?I think we know who the tool is:lol:

JustRalph
01-11-2018, 07:49 PM
My God! It’s breaking out all over!!

Stop the winning!!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/01/11/fiat-chrysler-citing-tax-cuts-plans-2000-employee-bonuses-and-2500-new-jobs.html

zico20
01-11-2018, 07:59 PM

Stop the winning!!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/01/11/fiat-chrysler-citing-tax-cuts-plans-2000-employee-bonuses-and-2500-new-jobs.html

Crumbs I tell you, crumbs. :lol: Pelosi is the biggest idiot on the planet.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Crumbs I tell you, crumbs. :lol: Pelosi is the biggest idiot on the planet.

Now, now...those bodies might show up in the streets yet...give it time.

boxcar
01-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Stop the winning!!

This is more than trickle down. This is a downpour. :coffee: :jump:

Zydeco
01-11-2018, 08:45 PM
So in real life the government and Congress are independent entities?

Hint: In real life, Congress is a branch of government. They are not two different entities.

Good civics lesson. lol

JustRalph
01-11-2018, 11:56 PM
OMG I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat-chrysler-investment/fiat-chrysler-to-invest-1-billion-in-michigan-plant-add-2500-jobs-idUSKBN1F034F?il=0

Michigan!!

Mexico loses!

upthecreek
01-12-2018, 07:56 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951798290051424256

boxcar
01-12-2018, 09:53 AM
OMG I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat-chrysler-investment/fiat-chrysler-to-invest-1-billion-in-michigan-plant-add-2500-jobs-idUSKBN1F034F?il=0

Michigan!!

Mexico loses!

And 2K bonuses to 60,000 workers! When it rains it pours! :coffee:

chadk66
01-12-2018, 10:06 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951798290051424256it's a mirage ask mostie

upthecreek
01-12-2018, 12:04 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/flashback-pelosi-praised-obamas-40-payroll-tax-cut-but-calls-1000-bonuses-crumbs/

pandy
01-12-2018, 12:12 PM
That's a good one!

Walmart's $2 an hour increase on min. salaries from 9 to 11 is huge. Anyone who doesn't think it is is an elitist.

boxcar
01-12-2018, 12:18 PM
That's a good one!

Walmart's $2 an hour increase on min. salaries from 9 to 11 is huge. Anyone who doesn't think it is is an elitist.

And it's huge in more ways than one. Wally World is the largest retailer and as such they are showing leadership in the retail industry by giving this kind of increase. Don't think for a moment other retailers aren't feeling the pressure as we speak. Their employees are all thinking..."Well...where is your concrete expression of appreciation for us? What are you going to do for us?"

pandy
01-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Yes, and these salary increases will result in a battle over employees, which will increase salaries across the board. The labor market is tightening. My wife works for Lowes, designs and sells kitchens, and she has gotten calls recently from other kitchen design companies asking if she is looking for a job. She hasn't gotten calls like that in years.

mostpost
01-12-2018, 01:08 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/money/bs-bz-bge-tax-savings-20180105-story.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Conte ntutm_content=5a512ac94b7385000777934futm_medium=t rueAnthemutm_source=twitter

The corporate tax rate dropped by 60%. I don’t know what the typical monthly electric bill is in Baltimore, but if this were Chicago, $2.31 would be about a 4% savings.

Since utility rates are regulated, I’m guessing they are doing this in anticipation of being told to do it.

JustRalph
01-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Yes, and these salary increases will result in a battle over employees, which will increase salaries across the board. The labor market is tightening. My wife works for Lowes, designs and sells kitchens, and she has gotten calls recently from other kitchen design companies asking if she is looking for a job. She hasn't gotten calls like that in years.

Tough market here in Houston. There is a Walmart two blocks from our business. 2 of our employees told me last night that they heard about the Walmart starting wage and it was slightly more than they make working for us. I told them to go......:lol: in reality I would just match the 11 bucks. They make 10.45 already.

It’s an interesting game. I actually told a few employees about the Walmart wage. Let’s just say.....they aren’t our best.......:lol:

mostpost
01-12-2018, 01:20 PM
More terrible news

Looking at Wisconsin; 6450 workers will receive pay raises, bonuses, etc. The working population is 3,000,000. So good for that two tenths of one percent who are benefiting from this tax cut. And good for the one percent who are really benefiting.

upthecreek
01-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Looking at Wisconsin; 6450 workers will receive pay raises, bonuses, etc. The working population is 3,000,000. So good for that two tenths of one percent who are benefiting from this tax cut. And good for the one percent who are really benefiting.

And Hillary raising taxes would have been better?:bang:

tucker6
01-12-2018, 01:37 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/flashback-pelosi-praised-obamas-40-payroll-tax-cut-but-calls-1000-bonuses-crumbs/

Why do the choices need to be mutually exclusive?

boxcar
01-12-2018, 01:41 PM
And Hillary raising taxes would have been better?:bang:

Maybe Mostie can tell us who would have benefited by higher taxes. He'll probably tell us at least 99% of all Americans (and illegals, of course) would.

tucker6
01-12-2018, 01:42 PM
I think many of you here and in society in general are woefully underestimating the magnifying effect this tax cut will have on economic growth due to business expansion, wage growth, and retirement saving growth. This will obviously lead to robust spending by consumers. My biggest concern going forward will be inflation and when and how strongly the Federal Reserve will need to increase interest rates by end of year.

wisconsin
01-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Really? I guess these companies should just hang on to the money instead.

If just one person gained from this tax plan it's already better.

C'mon, even you can do better than your silly post.

Clocker
01-12-2018, 02:12 PM

Maybe some of those other companies are waiting to see the actual numbers from the IRS and then sit down and lay out long term plans?

Nah, let's not do anything rational. :rolleyes:

upthecreek
01-12-2018, 03:09 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951905206417190913

chadk66
01-12-2018, 03:43 PM
really what can she say. she, and all other libs, predicted they would give nothing. So crumbs is better than nothing.

mostpost
01-12-2018, 04:37 PM

If just one person gained from this tax plan it's already better.

C'mon, even you can do better than your silly post.
They should not have gotten the money in the first place. They are using a tiny percentage of the money they will be saving to placate workers who have barely been keeping up for the past forty years. They are using at least twenty times that to buy back stock and increase executive compensation.

In the meantime the national debt continues to soar. And in ten years all those tax cuts for the middle class will be gone, while the corporations continue to profit.

mostpost
01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/951905206417190913
Basically, Pelosi is saying the poor are getting crumbs and they deserve more.
Ingraham is saying crumbs are they deserve and they should be grateful for that.

Kind of the same attitude that prevails here.

AndyC
01-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Ingraham is saying crumbs are they deserve and they should be grateful for that.

If you pay no income taxes how do you deserve more? If you did get something you should be grateful.

AndyC
01-12-2018, 05:24 PM
They should not have gotten the money in the first place. They are using a tiny percentage of the money they will be saving to placate workers who have barely been keeping up for the past forty years. They are using at least twenty times that to buy back stock and increase executive compensation.

In the meantime the national debt continues to soar. And in ten years all those tax cuts for the middle class will be gone, while the corporations continue to profit.

What happens when a company buys back stock and increases executive compensation? They produce taxable transactions meaning the government will collect more taxes.

upthecreek
01-12-2018, 05:30 PM

I bet the workers that are getting the "crumbs" would give you a different answer
Pelosi said it's a pathetic attempt on the Republican's to show the tax plan is working You and her are the pathetic ones.

boxcar
01-12-2018, 05:51 PM

Yeah...spoken by a career politician with a colossal net worth of over 196 MIL and whose congressional salary is about 193K, as I recall? Do you think this would make our favorite Auntie Nancy a one percenter?

You'll indulge me a short Nancy quote, won't you: "Something is wrong with this picture"? :coffee:

chadk66
01-12-2018, 05:59 PM
I think I just need to walk around picking up these crumbs :pound:

wisconsin
01-12-2018, 07:08 PM

So, it's clear that in your mind they are not sharing enough with the workers. I see.

What percentage should the company give to the workers? What is the fair (in your mind) amount?

Of course, you'll hide from this question, like you always do. Because without the business owner, the workers would not even be there.

fast4522
01-12-2018, 07:21 PM

Be honest with yourself, if they made the individual tax cuts permanent they would have nothing to give people down the road. This way after your dead capitalism will be stronger than it was when you were alive. Ask yourself if President Donald J. Trump is your last President in your life, just as people think they are driving their last car now?

Lemon Drop Husker
01-12-2018, 07:32 PM

So you are saying the common worker hasn't gotten shit in over 40 years, and is now tasting at a least a little?

What did dipshit in charge Obama do about the gap between the haves and have nots? Oh, that's right, it more than doubled under his watch along with the debt.

Quit posting.

JustRalph
01-12-2018, 07:36 PM
So you are saying the common worker hasn't gotten shit in over 40 years, and is now tasting at a least a little?

What did dipshit in charge Obama do about the gap between the haves and have nots? Oh, that's right, it more than doubled under his watch along with the debt.

Quit posting.

Obama gave the peasants 40 bucks!!

boxcar
01-12-2018, 07:39 PM

Quit posting.

Obama promised everyone that the new normal would be an anemic GDP. What a guy! What a great accomplishment! But weak in the area of predictions.

NJ Stinks
01-12-2018, 09:25 PM

Obama got about 20 million people health insurance they didn't have before he was elected president.

Is that dipshitty enough for you? :rolleyes:

jocko699
01-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Obama got about 20 million people health insurance they didn't have before he was elected president.

Once again, who paid for it? I had many employees, those are people THAT work, where their deductions increased monthly by 300%. They thanked the Messiah every day with words that made this sailor blush.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-12-2018, 10:00 PM

No he didn't.

He put our entire country into more debt. IN fact, he doubled it.

ACA? Really? If that is his shining moment, then a turd in a diaper will be better from Trump.

Great plan that needs an annual subsidy to keep it "somewhat" sustainable while insurance costs double and triple around the nation.

20 million:pound: IS this more CBO laughingly bullshit scoring?

Name 3 people you know that got health insurance due to ACA. I trust you won't lie.

FantasticDan
01-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Name 3 people you know that got health insurance due to ACA. I trust you won't lie.
There’s been more than three people on this forum that benefitted from the ACA. Did you ever read any of Dave Schwartz’s experiences?

Do you think everyone on this forum has awesome insurance from their employer?

elysiantraveller
01-12-2018, 10:19 PM

Dude...

It was a disaster before it was gutted and will be a bigger disaster now. Exchanges were failing and carriers pulling out. Out of that oft cited 20-30 million people 65-80% just got Medicaid hardly a huge victory by any stretch.

Remove fraud from the system and expanding Medicare would have been a better big government option if that's the route you wanted to go.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-12-2018, 10:33 PM
There’s been more than three people on this forum that benefitted from the ACA. Did you ever read any of Dave Schwartz’s experiences?

Do you think everyone on this forum has awesome insurance from their employer?

ACA insurance has nearly tripled in my state since it began.

3 of my good friends are small business owners. Between them, they had to fire 43 people due to insurance costs. Really nice when it is a 6 person operation and you have to let 2 people go.

Yeah, I know, I'm in shitville nowhere Nebraska. We don't matter. Just like the rest of flyover country

NJ Stinks
01-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Dude...

It was a disaster before it was gutted and will be a bigger disaster now. Exchanges were failing and carriers pulling out. Out of that oft cited 20-30 million people 65-80% just got Medicaid hardly a huge victory by any stretch.

Remove fraud from the system and expanding Medicare would have been a better big government option if that's the route you wanted to go.

My point is Obama actually did something for people who needed it the most. That the GOP tried to make sure the ACA failed at every turn since it was signed into law in 2010 didn't help.

Expanding Medicare is definitely the way I want to go.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-12-2018, 11:40 PM
My point is Obama actually did something for people who needed it the most. That the GOP tried to make sure the ACA failed at every turn since it was signed into law in 2010 didn't help.

How did the GOP try to make it fail?

2010? Dems owned everything.

The cold. Hard. Fact. Is that ACA is shit, and purely unsustainable.

JustRalph
01-13-2018, 01:45 AM
Don’t forget they spent 2.1 Billion to just setup the website.

All to Democratic Party related companies.

Fraud, pure and simple!

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 07:15 AM

But a great many of us said it was doomed from the start.

I don't see how taking something that is broken and breaking it even more is a victory because it's not. But Obamacare was already requiring bailouts. It was what happens when a bunch of big government people get together and try to tell businesses how to run their operation.

tucker6
01-13-2018, 07:18 AM

Obama's sorry legacy is being ripped apart plank by plank. :lol:

tucker6
01-13-2018, 07:19 AM
No he didn't.

He put our entire country into more debt. IN fact, he doubled it.

ACA? Really? If that is his shining moment, then a turd in a diaper will be better from Trump.

Great plan that needs an annual subsidy to keep it "somewhat" sustainable while insurance costs double and triple around the nation.

20 million:pound: IS this more CBO laughingly bullshit scoring?

You forgot to mention that plan choice under Obamacare grows less and less for more and more people. Soon, most of us will have one choice for a carrier.

tucker6
01-13-2018, 07:22 AM
Don’t forget they spent 2.1 Billion to just setup the website.

All to Democratic Party related companies.

Fraud, pure and simple!

Because web design is so difficult :lol:

boxcar
01-13-2018, 09:16 AM
But a great many of us said it was doomed from the start.

I don't see how taking something that is broken and breaking it even more is a victory because it's not. But Obamacare was already requiring bailouts. It was what happens when a bunch of big government people get together and try to tell businesses how to run their operation.

Newsflash of Common Sense: When something is broken beyond repair, the reasonable and sensible thing to do is walk it out to the curb or easement on garbage pick up day and then replace it with something better. By the way, this was exactly the argument the Demwits used to justify the takeover of the Health Care Industry. They claimed the system was broken beyond repair. Just sayin'.... :coffee:

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Newsflash of Common Sense: When something is broken beyond repair, the reasonable and sensible thing to do is walk it out to the curb or easement on garbage pick up day and then replace it with something better. By the way, this was exactly the argument the Demwits used to justify the takeover of the Health Care Industry. They claimed the system was broken beyond repair. Just sayin'.... :coffee:

The system was broken then and it is now.

I completely agree with everything you said. The issue is we failed to replace it with something better. Obamacare was terrible. It's even more terrible now. That isn't a victory.

It will be interesting in upcoming elections how Healthcare is viewed by the general electorate. Since the GOP is now responsible for the ACA.

Tom
01-13-2018, 09:57 AM
When something is broken beyond repair, the reasonable and sensible thing to do is walk it out to the curb or easement on garbage pick up day and then replace it with something better.

You are singing to the choir! :pound:

fast4522
01-13-2018, 10:07 AM

I completely agree with everything you said. The issue is we failed to replace it with something better. Obamacare was terrible. It's even more terrible now. That isn't a victory.

It will be interesting in upcoming elections how Healthcare is viewed by the general electorate. Since the GOP is now responsible for the ACA.

Best way forward is more jobs with health care insurance, and just get rid of it completely.

upthecreek
01-13-2018, 10:38 AM
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/952189429703114752

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Best way forward is more jobs with health care insurance, and just get rid of it completely.

That is definitely part of the solution but there are a lot of entrepreneurs and self employed people out there with pre-existing conditions.

Clocker
01-13-2018, 12:14 PM
That is definitely part of the solution but there are a lot of entrepreneurs and self employed people out there with pre-existing conditions.

Before ObamaCare, most states had high-risk pools, where people with pre-existing conditions could get health insurance with state subsidies.

In a high-risk pool, the subsidy comes from general tax revenues. Under ObamaCare, the subsidy comes from the young and healthy who are forced to pay for more coverage than they want or need.

tucker6
01-13-2018, 12:52 PM
who are forced to pay for more coverage than they want or need.
At least I have coverage for my future pregnancy. (54 year old guy)

boxcar
01-13-2018, 12:54 PM

And the Demwits don't want to fix what they created. I can only hope and pray that ObamaCare suffers an agonizing death and fades rapidly into the category of a bad nightmare of one broken promise after another.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 12:56 PM
You are singing to the choir! :pound:

:lol::lol::lol: You're already in the running for post of the year. :coffee:

boxcar
01-13-2018, 12:59 PM

Let those people do what the folks in KY are going to do -- pay into Medicaid and get their health needs met with that system.

Clocker
01-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Let those people do what the folks in KY are going to do -- pay into Medicaid and get their health needs met with that system.

Last I heard, about 75% of doctors don't accept Medicaid.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Last I heard, about 75% of doctors don't accept Medicaid.

And easy fix. Two things: The government needs to find out why are so many doctors anti-medicaid. Then fix what's wrong.

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 01:32 PM
And easy fix. Two things: The government needs to find out why are so many doctors anti-medicaid. Then fix what's wrong.

It doesn't pay.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 01:39 PM
It doesn't pay.

Sounds like a bureaucratic problem. Just need to cut through that nonsense.

Shirley, you don't want to axe medicaid when millions upon millions upon millions of poor people's lives depend on that system of quality health care, do you?

Clocker
01-13-2018, 01:42 PM

The government knows why so many doctors are "anti-Medicaid". It's because Medicaid payments are much lower than Medicare or any insurance, and don't cover the cost of care. Doctors have this irrational opposition to losing money on patients.

The fix is easy. The feds and the states need to spend a lot more money propping up Medicaid. :rolleyes:

boxcar
01-13-2018, 02:02 PM
The government knows why so many doctors are "anti-Medicaid". It's because Medicaid payments are much lower than Medicare or any insurance, and don't cover the cost of care. Doctors have this irrational opposition to losing money on patients.

The fix is easy. The feds and the states need to spend a lot more money propping up Medicaid. :rolleyes:

And they also need to get as many people paying into it as possible. People need to be a big part of the solution and not just stand on the sidelines as spectators of the problem.

So...how many millions of medicaid recipients have died because doctors and/or hospitals won't treat them? Got any hard cold numbers?

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 02:02 PM
And the Demwits don't want to fix what they created. I can only hope and pray that ObamaCare suffers an agonizing death and fades rapidly into the category of a bad nightmare of one broken promise after another.

This is false. There have been several attempts to fix the system (how successful they would be is very much up to debate) that were DOA in Congress. Republicans wanted a repeal and replace so that's why they died.

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Shirley, you don't want to axe medicaid when millions upon millions upon millions of poor people's lives depend on that system of quality health care, do you?

Of course not.

That same reason is why I don't want to gut the ACA without a replacement... You know the same thing you all are claiming is a great victory. ;)

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 02:08 PM
In a high-risk pool, the subsidy comes from general tax revenues. Under ObamaCare, the subsidy comes from the young and healthy who are forced to pay for more coverage than they want or need.

We don't need to get into intergenerational politics and how younger ones are getting shafted by their elders. I know all too well.

Clocker
01-13-2018, 02:15 PM
And they also need to get as many people paying into it as possible.

No one pays into Medicaid. It is a means-tested government funded program for low income people that can't afford insurance.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 02:58 PM
No one pays into Medicaid. It is a means-tested government funded program for low income people that can't afford insurance.

Wrong. Kentucky just passed a law mandating "means-tested" contributions. I started a thread on this yesterday.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Of course not.

That same reason is why I don't want to gut the ACA without a replacement... You know the same thing you all are claiming is a great victory. ;)

First off, I never made such a claim. But I will say that it effectively guts ObamaCare.

I believe for many people an overhauled Medicaid system would do fine, most especially for those with preexisting conditions. For the rest of the population, regular health care insurance would do fine for those who want to be covered in some way.

And if Medicaid is in such dire financial straits, then just tax the rich accordingly for their fair share of the contributions to the fund. I just know our beloved Auntie Nancy wouldn't mind that one bit... :coffee:

chadk66
01-13-2018, 03:58 PM
That is definitely part of the solution but there are a lot of entrepreneurs and self employed people out there with pre-existing conditions.that's the easiest fix there is. don't allow them to sell policies with a pre-existing condition limitation. wouldn't take a 2200 page albatross to do that.

Clocker
01-13-2018, 04:05 PM
that's the easiest fix there is. don't allow them to sell policies with a pre-existing condition limitation. wouldn't take a 2200 page albatross to do that.

Can you buy car insurance that covers pre-existing damage? Can you buy home insurance after the tornado goes through?

Clocker
01-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Wrong. Kentucky just passed a law mandating "means-tested" contributions. I started a thread on this yesterday.

You really think that is going to help? Out of a given number of people on Medicaid, how many are going to be making enough income to pay in enough money to make a dent on the cost? How many of those people will pay in, or will they just not sign up and use the ER for medical problems?

boxcar
01-13-2018, 04:13 PM
that's the easiest fix there is. don't allow them to sell policies with a pre-existing condition limitation. wouldn't take a 2200 page albatross to do that.

Covering preexisting conditions is not insurance. It's welfare. Plain and simple.
If someone needs welfare assistance, they should not be talking to an insurance salesman about any policy. They should be talking to a government administrator or counselor in the Medicaid program.

davew
01-13-2018, 04:21 PM
ACA was a big jobs creator for dimocrats and 0bama. It added thousands to the insurance industry and IRS agents. It is too bad they were so dimwitted about how many millions of jobs it would destroy and what it would do to the cost of 'insurance'.

That pretty well summarizes the dimocrats, they do not see the big picture, just what they want to see.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 04:35 PM
You really think that is going to help? Out of a given number of people on Medicaid, how many are going to be making enough income to pay in enough money to make a dent on the cost? How many of those people will pay in, or will they just not sign up and use the ER for medical problems?

Well...isn't that what means-tests are for -- to determine that? The VA has a sliding scale means test and it works fine. Those who can't afford to pay, pay nothing. Those who can pay something -- pay according to their means.

Kentucky is taking a huge step in the right direction. People need to understand there is no such thing as a free lunch in this world. Someone pays. And the very first one that should pay something, if able, is the recipient of the care.

And ER care should only be for emergency care. If someone has a preexisting condition, then that person is going to need more than emergency, band-aid care. They will need ongoing care. They would have to get Medicaid. We're not talking about someone who gets hit by a car. We're talking about covering preexisting conditions.

elysiantraveller
01-13-2018, 05:49 PM

They did that.

That's why they had a mandate to force younger healthier people to buy insurance to offset the cost.

Problem now is insurers can't prevent coverage due to preexisting conditions. That's why removing the mandate that forced people to buy it was a bad move. At some point these carriers will fail and the taxpayer will have to bail them out. They were failing already.

Hence while everyone was super happy about Trump gutting the ACA I thought it a bad idea.

boxcar
01-13-2018, 06:00 PM
They did that.

That's why they had a mandate to force younger healthier people to buy insurance to offset the cost.

Problem now is insurers can't prevent coverage due to preexisting conditions. That's why removing the mandate that forced people to buy it was a bad move. At some point these carriers will fail and the taxpayer will have to bail them out. They were failing already.

Hence while everyone was super happy about Trump gutting the ACA I thought it a bad idea.

No, it was a good idea. ObamaCare will die soon, and it can't come fast enough. And the insurance companies will just up their premiums a wee bit -- maybe 20 - 40 - 60% or whatever to sell welfare, which means no one will be able to afford it.

fast4522
01-13-2018, 08:24 PM
This is just the truth, killing it would create just as many jobs as it eliminated maybe much more.

boxcar
01-14-2018, 01:59 PM
This is just the truth, killing it would create just as many jobs as it eliminated maybe much more.

Once ObamaCare is dead, they can fire all those new hire IRS agents. The money saved can help pay down the debt. :coffee:

fast4522
01-14-2018, 07:52 PM
In October & November 2017 Dan Pena created a list of 200 things President Trump would do, so far his list is holding better than speed at Aqueduct.
According to Pena, this is the largest transformation of wealth in our lifetime.
He quantified it by several factors and really caught my attention when he said during the short time of the Trump Presidency over 5 TRILLION dollars have been added to the stock market. I am doing well with that, but admit that I don't know much and don't trade and play it. There has to be boatloads of folks like myself who are holding by luck for too long the right stocks. The question is when ACA hits the rocks what will these stocks do?

upthecreek
01-16-2018, 10:16 AM
https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/953279147228454912

upthecreek
01-16-2018, 10:17 AM
https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/953248898017046529

boxcar
01-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Can some liberal out there explain to me how something isn't better than nothing? How supposed "crumbs" aren't better than nothing?

Auntie Nancy whines and complains about how the poor and middle class are getting screwed by receiving only crumbs from the tax cuts, but what has she or any Democrat proposed that would concretely reward more than "crumbs" to the poor and middle class? Since I can't think of a thing, then to her warped way of thinking, she and all her comrade-in-arms must believe in their heart of hearts that nothing is better than something.

The Syrophoenician woman Jesus met had more sense in one hair follicle than all the Dems in D.C. put together. Liberals, read and try really hard to understand the wisdom of this woman and how Jesus himself commended her:

Matt 15:22-28
22 And behold, a Canaanite woman came out from that region, and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed." 23 But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came to Him and kept asking Him, saying, "Send her away, for she is shouting out after us." 24 But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." 25 But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" 26 And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." 27 But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; be it done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed at once.
NASB

These "crumbs" that the middle class are receiving could also be likened to someone with initiative, ambition and drive being given but one talent only to eventually turn it into many talents. There is great wisdom here, as well (Mat 25:14-30) :coffee:

I knew I liked the Law of Excluded Middle for good reason... :coffee:

fast4522
01-16-2018, 06:40 PM
They did that.

It was the best that could be done to that bad product, down the road a new product that is competition across state lines and preexisting conditions can be an edict required to sell insurance. But European one size fits all and requiring everybody is a non starter. It will be costly but insurance was so before Obamacare.

stuball
01-16-2018, 07:04 PM
It is funny how when they are spouting their talking points everyone says the exact same words blah blah blah and not a word about policy that they would do. press conference today was a comedy of Well what about his mental health ---what about his health---what about his mental health...The doctor was very patient...gave them enuff rope to hang themselves...A comedy I say...

JustRalph
01-17-2018, 02:03 AM
The hits just keep on coming!!

http://www.grbj.com/articles/89788-engineering-firm-issues-bonuses-after-tax-reform

boxcar
01-17-2018, 08:49 AM
The hits just keep on coming!!

http://www.grbj.com/articles/89788-engineering-firm-issues-bonuses-after-tax-reform

Any self-respecting engineer should be insulted at such an offer of crumbs and look that gift horse in the mouth and tell them to stuff those crumbs in their next Thanksgiving turkey. :coffee:

Tom
01-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Prosperity means less dependence on the dems.
THAT is their ONLY message.

Trump was elected because people listened to his platform.
And of course, they were afraid Hillary would fall off of hers~!:pound:

upthecreek
01-17-2018, 12:55 PM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomaspellechia/2017/12/20/the-tax-cut-and-jobs-act-benefits-beverage-alcohol-producers-big-time/

upthecreek
01-17-2018, 01:59 PM
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/953688898500218880

boxcar
01-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Apple plans to create 20,000 jobs in the U.S.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-plans-to-create-20000-jobs-in-the-us/

chadk66
01-17-2018, 05:56 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-plans-to-create-20000-jobs-in-the-us/it's all smoke and mirrors. just as the libnuts.

JustRalph
01-17-2018, 07:10 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-plans-to-create-20000-jobs-in-the-us/

This is a huge story.

Hey Obama? Why didn’t you bring all that cash back? Your buddy Tim was your friend! You could have given him a break.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/17/apple-get-ready-350-billion-us-investment-thanks-tax-reform/

:lol: Love it

davew
01-17-2018, 09:09 PM
APPLE to bring back over $200 billion and pay $38 billion in tax to do it ....

this is just terrible, the middle class will end up paying for it all... and their grandchildren will be stuck with the bill.

it almost feels like Armageddon of the dimocrat party.

Tom
01-17-2018, 10:41 PM
Winning!

JustRalph
01-18-2018, 12:54 AM
Apple bonus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-17/apple-is-said-to-give-employees-2-500-bonuses-after-new-tax-law

reckless
01-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Apple bonus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-17/apple-is-said-to-give-employees-2-500-bonuses-after-new-tax-law

We can add this coming from Apple, the greatest public company in the history of the world.

Of course, the anti-Trumpers on here said Trump will never get companies to come to the USA and invest; that Trump didn't know anything about free trade, fair trade or ... any trade, that's how stupid Trump is, so says our resident anti-Trumpers, who were smarter than all of us. :lol::lol:

And Apple is just one of hundreds of companies making similar investments since the Trump Tax Bill of 2017 was passed and signed. And it's only January 18th, 2018.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-17/apple-expects-38-billion-tax-bill-on-overseas-repatriated-cash

Here's a peek:

Apple Inc. said it will bring hundreds of billions of overseas dollars back to the U.S., pay about $38 billion in taxes on the money and spend tens of billions on domestic jobs, manufacturing and data centers in the coming years.

The iPhone maker plans capital expenditures of $30 billion in the U.S. over five years and will create 20,000 new jobs at existing sites and a new campus it intends to open. The Cupertino, California-based company’s shares rose 1.7 percent to a record closing price of $179.10.

“We are focusing our investments in areas where we can have a direct impact on job creation and job preparedness,” Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook said in a statement Wednesday, which also alluded to unspecified plans by the company to accelerate education programs.

Apple also told employees Wednesday that it’s issuing stock-based bonuses worth $2,500 each following the new U.S. tax law, according to people familiar with the matter.

reckless
01-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Hat tip to davew who also posted on Apple yesterday.

JustRalph
01-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Yep......there were skeptics.

upthecreek
01-18-2018, 02:37 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/954070280556679173

chadk66
01-18-2018, 07:41 PM
can't wait to hear the liberals spin on this apple deal. let the negativity flow :pound:

boxcar
01-18-2018, 08:08 PM
can't wait to hear the liberals spin on this apple deal. let the negativity flow :pound:

Crumbs, crumbs, crumbs. No matter what Apple does, they're the ones going to keep 99.9% of the tax cuts benefits.

JustRalph
01-30-2018, 05:17 PM
1000 new McDonald’s locations :headbanger:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/30/mcdonalds-open-1-000-new-restaurants-speed-up-tech-upgrades/1077913001/

elysiantraveller
01-30-2018, 05:19 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/30/mcdonalds-open-1-000-new-restaurants-speed-up-tech-upgrades/1077913001/

That's not really a good thing is it? :puke:

mostpost
01-30-2018, 08:43 PM

World wide. Not just in the USA. In fact, McDonalds refuses to say where they are. Which indicates to me that few in any are in the USA.

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Probably where the minimum wage laws are not as out wack as they are here.

No freaking burger flipper is worth $15 and hour. Period.

davew
01-30-2018, 10:25 PM
Probably where the minimum wage laws are not as out wack as they are here.

No freaking burger flipper is worth $15 and hour. Period.

They are going to use machines and cut their labor force in half. When burger flippers get $15/hr, most other things go higher as well..

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 07:55 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/private-jobs-up-234k-in-january-vs-185k-est-adp-moodys-analytics.html

Crushing it!!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-31/trumps-first-year-saw-americans-compensation-rise-fastest-pace-2008

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 07:57 PM
World wide. Not just in the USA. In fact, McDonalds refuses to say where they are. Which indicates to me that few in any are in the USA.

Silver linings are your speciality huh?

boxcar
01-31-2018, 07:58 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/private-jobs-up-234k-in-january-vs-185k-est-adp-moodys-analytics.html

Crushing it!!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-31/trumps-first-year-saw-americans-compensation-rise-fastest-pace-2008

Crumbs! Everyone knows that welfare bunnies contribute more to the economy with their paychecks funded by taxpayers. :coffee:

JustRalph
02-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Twinkie Crumbs!!

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/01/news/companies/hostess-twinkies-bonus/index.html

pandy
02-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Family members of mine who work for Best Buy and Lowe's just found out they're getting a $1,000 bonus.

woodtoo
02-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Family members of mine who work for Best Buy and Lowe's just found out they're getting a $1,000 bonus.

Are they happy with this or is it just crumbs?

pandy
02-03-2018, 07:44 AM
Are they happy with this or is it just crumbs?

They're happy, it was a pleasant surprise. I got a tweet from one of my sons, "Dad you predicted this" because a few weeks ago I told him that he would probably get a bonus, raise, or both, because companies are going to have to start fighting to keep their employees.

woodtoo
02-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Good to hear. That would cover my budget for one month.:ThmbUp:

chadk66
02-03-2018, 08:42 AM
too bad this is all fantasy. it's not really happening because the left said it wouldn't. :puke:

boxcar
02-03-2018, 08:55 AM

Please let us know if your family members think their 1K bonuses are better than a Pelosi Poke-in-the-Eye-with-a-Stick. Thanks. :coffee:

pandy
02-03-2018, 09:36 AM
They don't think it's crumbs, LOL. My wife got her first paycheck with the new, lower, withholding tax and she was pleasantly surprised, it was significantly lower. Of course, she'll probably blow it all on QVC, but, hey, it's good for the economy.

boxcar
02-03-2018, 11:55 AM
They don't think it's crumbs, LOL. My wife got her first paycheck with the new, lower, withholding tax and she was pleasantly surprised, it was significantly lower. Of course, she'll probably blow it all on QVC, but, hey, it's good for the economy.

Millions upon millions of eyes will open wide this month when the see their paychecks. And...they don't have one dimwit to thank for it. What fodder for political ads later this year. (Of course, Pelosi could counter by buying busloads of snowflakes, homeless, etc. to lay in the streets as though dead.)

lamboguy
02-03-2018, 02:49 PM
the tax cuts for the corporations are permanent, while the individual tax rates could change up or down going forward. that would depend on how much of an expansion to the revenue base that this tax cut can bring. so far its anticipated to be good for the increase in revenue. the GDP numbers will tell the whole story, i think they need at least 4% growth within 2 years.

JustRalph
02-03-2018, 06:01 PM

My brother is picking up over 250 bucks more a month....he was shocked too......

He’s a municipal employee making about 70k

baconswitchfarm
02-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Our electric company has announced that because of the tax cuts they are going to be able to lower all rates by 5%. :headbanger:

NJ Stinks
02-03-2018, 11:27 PM

Let me put this another way. Donny Boy and the rest of the GOP took desperately needed federal tax revenue that previously benefitted those in need and decided to hand it out to like candy on Halloween.

Are we all supposed to be happy that the GOP is re-distributing money in a manner that benefits the least needy the most and then works it's way down economic ladder to the guy on minimum wage - especially if the boss feels like sharing the company's new found surplus?

Still don't get it? Try this:

Handing out household money to your kids that was used in prior months to pay the bills is not some kind of an achievement. It's pathetic and irresponsible. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Clocker
02-04-2018, 12:04 AM
Are we all supposed to be happy that the GOP is re-distributing money in a manner that benefits the least needy the most and then works it's way down economic ladder to the guy on minimum wage - especially if the boss feels like sharing the company's new found surplus?

Letting people and companies keep more of the money that they earn is redistribution? :faint:

Is Orwell's "1984" the training manual given out to new IRS employees?

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Your money is Ours

NJ Stinks
02-04-2018, 02:18 AM
Letting people and companies keep more of the money that they earn is redistribution? :faint:

Is Orwell's "1984" the training manual given out to new IRS employees?

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Your money is Ours

As much as I dislike being a party pooper on the eve of the Eagles first Super Bowl victory, handing out money may be a great way to buy votes but somebody is going to pay down the line and it's not going to be you and me.

fast4522
02-04-2018, 03:29 AM
The folks working the overtime will now have incentive because their check will have much better take home pay instead of feeling all those extra hours worked went to the federal tax. There is no gold watch after putting 30 years into a company anymore, you need to make what you can while the job that you do is still in demand. Moving to a more merit based immigration our country will be better off having less perks for those who were not born here. Stinks can take his money redistribution ideas with him when it is his turn.

davew
02-04-2018, 04:50 AM
As much as I dislike being a party pooper on the eve of the Eagles first Super Bowl victory, handing out money may be a great way to buy votes but somebody is going to pay down the line and it's not going to be you and me.

Of course handing out money is good for votes, the dims probably get more than 2/3rds of theirs for it. I can't wait until Mark Zuckerberg becomes president and gives everyone on the country $20K per year as a living wage.

Tom
02-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Yeah, right.
Can't wait until we all get "zucked!":eek:

delayjf
02-04-2018, 11:24 AM
benefitted those in need and decided to hand it out to like candy on Halloween.

Those in need, including the millions of illegal aliens coming into this country with their hands out. California is racking in billions in extra income due to the President Trump's economic policies. I'm sure all the illegals will get theirs.

FantasticDan
02-04-2018, 11:38 AM
:lol: :bang:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/960156256769118208

https://twitter.com/TeamPelosi/status/959873937546113025

FantasticDan
02-04-2018, 11:41 AM
https://twitter.com/taxmarch/status/959920645105733633

davew
02-04-2018, 11:47 AM
thank goodness FanDanbot exposes the TRUTH

Clocker
02-04-2018, 01:52 PM

Letting people keep more of the money that they earn is handing out money? By that "logic", everything we earn belongs to the IRS, and they hand out some of it so we can live on it, like an allowance.

I'm sure that comports with your indoctrination at the IRS, but that is not reality. All wealth is created by the private sector, period. The government takes as much as it can get away with, spends some of it for the common good, and redistributes the rest.

JustRalph
02-04-2018, 03:47 PM
http://www.multichannel.com/news/cable-operators/charter-sets-15-minimum-wage/417902

Republicans give 15 hr minimum wage

boxcar
02-04-2018, 04:10 PM
http://www.multichannel.com/news/cable-operators/charter-sets-15-minimum-wage/417902

Republicans give 15 hr minimum wage

I don't know, JR...you should check with Auntie Nancy to see if this beats having welfare bunnies contribute to the economy with their piddly welfare checks, foods stamps, etc.. Maybe you can get her to run some numbers for you.... :coffee:

boxcar
02-04-2018, 04:12 PM
https://twitter.com/taxmarch/status/959920645105733633

And it gets worse than this! I heard from the grapevine that Exxon is cutting wages because the tax cut profits aren't enough. Time to buy stock, Fanny... :coffee:

davew
02-04-2018, 04:34 PM

Yes, the people who do not want to work should get the most, so they can party and have more kids. They should have more free time to protest businesses, register voters, and block traffic on freeways ...

Tom
02-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Corporations are making more money after the corporate tax rate
is lowered..........

Duh?!

Clocker
02-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Corporations are making more money after the corporate tax rate
is lowered..........

No, they are not making more, the government is now handing out more. :rolleyes:

Tom
02-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to check my Liberal/English English/Liberal dictionary before posting.

boxcar
02-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Yes, the people who do not want to work should get the most, so they can party and have more kids. They should have more free time to protest businesses, register voters, and block traffic on freeways ...

NJ really has an issue with working people who actually pay taxes. Bit iff it weren't for these people how would the most needy ever get a dime from the government?

fast4522
02-06-2018, 07:07 PM
NJ really has an issue with working people who actually pay taxes. Bit iff it weren't for these people how would the most needy ever get a dime from the government?

He has no empathy for those folks, his career was all about catching those who did not pay enough. After twenty years of that his mindset was no one can ever pay enough to keep the government fed.

JustRalph
02-08-2018, 02:57 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/08/cvs-announces-wage-hike-11-hour-thanks-tax-law/

The hits keep coming

Amazing stuff .........

Grand! Never thought I would live to see this kind of tax reform.

NJ Stinks
02-08-2018, 03:19 PM
He has no empathy for those folks, his career was all about catching those who did not pay enough. After twenty years of that his mindset was no one can ever pay enough to keep the government fed.

It was 33 years. And it was spent making sure Americans paid what they owed the USA and not a dollar more or less.

boxcar
02-08-2018, 03:33 PM
It was 33 years. And it was spent making sure Americans paid what they owed the USA and not a dollar more or less.

Yes, indeed...so that we could all pursue Truth, Justice and the American Dream. :rolleyes:

Tom
02-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Well, not so much for 47% of them.

JustRalph
02-08-2018, 06:59 PM

According to who?

I think I paid a few extra dollars.......