PDA

View Full Version : YOUNG GUYS

Derek2U
08-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Bravo to Brin & Page. Yeah, they said NO F'N WAY to my firm too.
LOL. YOU GO GUYS. note: IPO's are soooo yesterday. Sure,
any great firm would want Google but Wall St is onto NEW forms
of investments. LOL .... Just like when there were whole divisions
devoted to IPO's ---there somewhere new now. But yet does
THIS administration even think ever? lol

sq764
08-20-2004, 09:25 AM
I left my Derek to English dictionary home, but I did understand that IPO's are soooo yesterday?

So you buy at $85, sell at $130... $45 a share profit in a few hours? And this is soooooooo yesterday why?

JustRalph
08-20-2004, 11:18 AM
I thought there were some rules that said you had to hold the stock for a certain amount of days before you can sell?

sq764
08-20-2004, 11:25 AM
???

How would there ever be day traders if they had to wait several days to sell...

Where did you hear of this rule?

JustRalph
08-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sq764
???

How would there ever be day traders if they had to wait several days to sell...

Where did you hear of this rule?

I am talking about IPO's .........when the stock first comes out. Not everyday stocks.........

ceejay
08-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I am talking about IPO's .........when the stock first comes out. Not everyday stocks.........

I play IPO's: Deals are far fewer than a few years ago. There are no rules like that for purchacers, but there are for insiders (lock-up periods). Also, (rules are different between houses, but) if you sell into the "syndicate bid" (if the stock opens down) the broker can be hit with a "penalty bid," lose his commision and syndicate "points." Points are important because they are used to allocate hot (non-dutch auction) deals. At the place that I deal with If the stock is up, there are no penalties.