PDA

View Full Version : TVG - Gabby Gaudet

ldiatone
12-29-2017, 12:35 PM
FROM TWITTER tvg : We are happy to announce that Report/Analyst @Gabby_Gaudet_ will be joining the @TVG team live providing coverage from @GulfstreamPark this weekend & throughout the meet. Welcome, Gabby! She joins us this morning on the line from Florida:

lamboguy
12-29-2017, 12:54 PM
i take it she must be related to Eddie Gaudet. congratulations go out to her on her new job for whatever it is.

cj
12-29-2017, 01:07 PM
i take it she must be related to Eddie Gaudet. congratulations go out to her on her new job for whatever it is.

This post would have been understandable a decade or so ago. Now? Come on, man.

AltonKelsey
12-29-2017, 02:19 PM
This post would have been understandable a decade or so ago. Now? Come on, man.

In this case, extra inappropriate. She's quite competent

lamboguy
12-29-2017, 02:40 PM
i didn't know who she was. i just learned she is a television handicapper. i try to make it a point not to watch handicapping shows except for one of them. i met CJ about 10 years ago in Saratoga, he told me he was staying at Andy Serlings place. that was the first day i ever even heard his name. i have watched and listened to TVG and yesterday was the first time i ever heard her name.

she probably is real good and i really wish her all the best. i am still not going to listen her or anyone else touting horses or the looks of horses in the paddock or on the race track. i know that everyone is having a problem with runups and the clock in horses. i have always felt that if you can't trust the timer, how can you trust the time? the game is tough enough as it is, i am going to stick with paying for my own mistakes like i do in everything else in life.

GMB@BP
12-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Move makes some sense for a variety of reasons, I would imagine her fiancee is training down in florida, I would imagine she will then go to Kee and saratoga during the middle of the year.

cj
12-29-2017, 03:02 PM
She's been at Gulfstream for a while, hasn't she? It is just the TVG part that is new I believe.

Tom
12-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Wasn't she there with Andy last year of the year before?

She is definitely a + to any team.

.....can someone tell me how "unmute" my TV now? :rolleyes::D

ldiatone
12-29-2017, 06:01 PM
She's been at Gulfstream for a while, hasn't she? It is just the TVG part that is new I believe.

:ThmbUp:

Secondbest
12-29-2017, 09:40 PM
I thought she was working for nyra

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2017, 10:06 PM
She was doing the Maryland circuit for quite a spell...then started branching out...

I can't believe some of you "savvy horseplayer" types have never heard of some of these people before...:lol:

Afleet
12-29-2017, 10:13 PM
I was in the paddock at Arlington 4-5 years ago and she was doing the live simulcast feed. She is really pretty and seems talented.

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2017, 11:08 PM
I thought she was working for nyraShe is...from April to November.

cj
12-30-2017, 12:42 AM
She is...from April to November.

Yes, and like most jobs that aren't full time she can freelance the rest of the time.

VigorsTheGrey
12-30-2017, 01:06 AM
Wonder who her TVG foil character will be, Todd maybe...?

"In fiction, a foil is a character who contrasts with another character —usually the protagonist— to highlight particular qualities of the other character." Wikipedia.

"The protagonist is at the center of the story, makes the key decisions, and experiences the consequences of those decisions." Wikipedia.

"More formally, the protagonist, while still defined as a leading character, may also be defined as the character whose fate is most closely followed by the reader or audience, and who is opposed by the antagonist. The antagonist will provide obstacles and complications and create conflict that test the protagonist, thus revealing the strengths and weaknesses of their character." Wikipedia.

Gabby makes a great protagonist...a welcome addition to TVG...it is important to get her foil character right, though....

jahura2
12-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Wasn't she there with Andy last year of the year before?

She is definitely a + to any team.

.....can someone tell me how "unmute" my TV now? :rolleyes::D

Tom, I wasnt sure if anyone could melt that heart of yours. Apparently Gabby has, she is an angel and an extremely knowledgeable handicapper. Too bad she is engaged, if I was 40 years younger, better looking, and about a foot taller, smarter and kinder, I might have had a chance! Haha!

Lemon Drop Husker
12-30-2017, 01:51 PM

Big Gabby fan.

She is from horse racing family dating to Maryland area of Laurel/Pimilio etc.

Worked that circuit as well as GS.

She is solid, and I respect her opinion. Great addition to TVG IMO, but hey, I always look to the positive of things.
:ThmbUp:

timtam
12-31-2017, 10:37 AM
Whatever happened to Millie Ball and Jennifer Jones or Philly Parks Jennifer Ornstein ?

VigorsTheGrey
12-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Whatever happened to Millie Ball and Jennifer Jones or Philly Parks Jennifer Ornstein ?
http://www.xbtv.com/video/recent/preview-of-race-9-at-santa-anita-park-on-december-31st-2017-based-on-works/
Here's Millie:

timtam
12-31-2017, 01:53 PM
She is a very astute handicapper as well as a good horsewoman. I miss her.

thespaah
12-31-2017, 06:43 PM
The first time I saw Gabby was on NYRA tv and at Saratoga in 2016.
I was an am impressed by her insight and handicapping skills. She is well spoken. Well prepared and knows her stuff. She fits in well with the NYRA team.
And , she is very easy on the eyes.
She will be a breath of fresh air for TVG.

kdavis7837
01-01-2018, 06:27 PM
if I was 40 years younger, better looking, and about a foot taller, smarter and kinder, I might have had a chance! Haha!

Same wish list, LOL, someone needs to make a pill!

Lemon Drop Husker
01-01-2018, 07:00 PM
She is a very astute handicapper as well as a good horsewoman. I miss her.

She also became recently engaged to Norm Casse.

windstone
01-04-2018, 11:00 AM
seems like i have seen her and acia courtney doing the prerace capping at gulfstream in the last year or so. both super easy on the eyes and pretty knowledgeable.

VigorsTheGrey
01-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Which male on TVG do you think is the most "super easy on the eyes"...?
Who should TVG pair up with Gabby?

cj
01-04-2018, 02:09 PM
Which male on TVG do you think is the most "super easy on the eyes"...?
Who should TVG pair up with Gabby?

Come on, man.

VigorsTheGrey
01-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Come on, man.

Just wanted to point out that females occupy a pseudo-priveledged position in the American mind, especially if they are good looking. Comments that normally would seem rather strange for a man to apply to another man can easily be attached to a female, and the normal jests and slights that we might apply to a Todd, to a Brad, to a Mike CANNOT be thrown around referring to a female without severe censure...in the horse racing world, women are a protected class in general, probably a leftover of a chivalrous age...believe me Caton is just as easy on the eyes...and comments like these invite similar invidious comparisons...no?

cj
01-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Just wanted to point out that females occupy a pseudo-priveledged position in the American mind, especially if they are good looking. Comments that normally would seem rather strange for a man to apply to another man can easily be attached to a female, and the normal jests and slights that we might apply to a Todd, to a Brad, to a Mike CANNOT be thrown around referring to a female without severe censure...in the horse racing world, women are a protected class in general, probably a leftover of a chivalrous age...believe me Caton is just as easy on the eyes...and comments like these invite similar invidious comparisons...no?

For my part, I've always discouraged posts that talk about anyone's appearance, male or female. I hadn't seen these yet. I don't read every post. While complimenting someone's looks isn't bad, it usually leads down a path that turns wrong sooner or later on forums like this.

castaway01
01-05-2018, 09:28 AM

You might want to tell female jockeys they're a "protected class", I'm sure it will be news to them.

Elliott Sidewater
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
You might want to tell female jockeys they're a "protected class", I'm sure it will be news to them.

I couldn't agree more; back in the day I thought that Julie Krone was a terrific jockey, but what made her really special was a fierce competitiveness and refusal to back down to the boys. She gave as good as she got, and once decked Miguel Rujano in the jocks room after he hit her in the face with his whip during a race. A chair throwing brawl ensued that was WWE worthy. She was definitely the best female jockey I ever saw live. In the late 70's and 80's, if you latched on to a promising female rider early in her career, there was money to be made. For me that rider was Mary Ann Alligood at Keystone Race Track. Those were the days....

ultracapper
01-05-2018, 11:09 AM
I couldn't agree more; back in the day I thought that Julie Krone was a terrific jockey, but what made her really special was a fierce competitiveness and refusal to back down to the boys. She gave as good as she got, and once decked Miguel Rujano in the jocks room after he hit her in the face with his whip during a race. A chair throwing brawl ensued that was WWE worthy. She was definitely the best female jockey I ever saw live. In the late 70's and 80's, if you latched on to a promising female rider early in her career, there was money to be made. For me that rider was Mary Ann Alligood at Keystone Race Track. Those were the days....

Vicki Aragon at Longacres. Everybody hated her, from jocks to the betting crowd. But she rode like a Banshee.

upthecreek
01-05-2018, 12:46 PM
http://www.laurelpark.com/race-info/news/racing-loses-renowned-trainer-eddie-gaudet

VigorsTheGrey
01-05-2018, 01:25 PM

Not a protected class in reality, but still "protected in the minds of chivalrous men" who dominate the upper echelons of racing, hence the lack of female riders at the upper end of earnings...why is that..if they are just as aggressive, qualified, etc,...most of the criticism directed at jockeys involves male jockeys...

I venture to say that it is dishonorable for a man to criticize a female publically...it never works out well for a man to do this..even if the criticism is justified...it is an unwritten code that rarely gets breached and in that sense, women are a protected class...I'm not saying it is right or wrong...it is just a fact...

Tom
01-05-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm not saying it is right or wrong...it is just a fact...

And you know this how?

VigorsTheGrey
01-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Go ahead and try it out for yourself...critique or be critical of any woman in a public forum, online or other...then gauge how you feel about yourself and how others respond to you...

Tom
01-08-2018, 09:34 AM

Heard on ATR that Eddie passed away last week.
Condolences to Gabby and her family. :rip:

upthecreek
01-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Heard on ATR that Eddie passed away last week.
Condolences to Gabby and her family. :rip:

Theres a link in post #32

FantasticDan
01-23-2019, 04:03 PM
BUMP

https://twitter.com/TVG/status/1088119547519848453