PDA

View Full Version : Beulah Bias?

sq764
03-01-2002, 10:35 PM
I have never bet Beulah in my life, and was dabbling in it tomorrow, just for kicks..

Anyone follow that circuit closely? If so, any tips on front end/closer bias?

Thanks
Scott

Handle
03-02-2002, 02:47 AM
The advice below is based on my experience only, and I haven't looked at Beulah for quite a while... but you asked, so...

I live near Thistledown. Beulah is a "sister" track. Never been there myself, but I can tell you that it is a very, very cheap track. I've hit a 151/1 horse there before (and had the exacta too) -- money can be made. But I'd stay away from any of the races that are part of the twin trifectas and tri-supers. They are the full field, bottom of the barrel races where anything can, and usually does, happen. Look for cheap speed to die at Beulah in sprints, but don't expect closers to always fire. Most of the entries are very sore critters.

-Handle

GameTheory
03-02-2002, 04:21 AM
When I was living in New Mexico, I used to go to Santa Fe Downs -- very cheap. One profitable system involved simply betting on the five (yes, five) longest odds horses in any race with 12 or more starters (sometimes they had as many as 14). The cheaper the race, the better. Worked pretty good.

Another thing I noticed there is that claims came back to win in the next 1 to 2 races (from any trainer) at an alarming rate. I think they wanted to make their money back FAST. Is that a general characteristic of cheap tracks?