PDA

View Full Version : New York losing.......

JustRalph
12-21-2017, 12:48 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/n-y-no-1-losing-residents-move-states-article-1.3712413?cid=bitly

The first paragraph says it all

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2017, 06:32 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/n-y-no-1-losing-residents-move-states-article-1.3712413?cid=bitly

The first paragraph says it all

Yes,the first paragraph had thesis, anti thesis and conclusion. If only diversity really were strength this wouldn't happen, people would be flooding in not out.

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2017, 06:38 AM
http://www.postregister.com/articles/news-daily-email-todays-headlines/2017/12/20/idaho-fastest-growing-state

lamboguy
12-21-2017, 07:57 AM
New York is a great place to live with the clean air and great water plus the change of seasons. if someone can afford the place its the place to be.

i wouldn't want to live in places like Arizona, California, Nevada or Texas if you told me i could make 10 times more money there.

boxcar
12-21-2017, 08:08 AM
New York is a great place to live with the clean air and great water plus the change of seasons. if someone can afford the place its the place to be.

i wouldn't want to live in places like Arizona, California, Nevada or Texas if you told me i could make 10 times more money there.

That's funny. I feel exactly the same way...about Noo Yawk, that is. After I left many moons ago, I shook its dust off my feet and never looked back.

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2017, 08:34 AM

I would agree if you have the do re mi it is a great place to live, lots to do, if you can live in the city and vacation at the shore and/ or Saratoga it is nice.

lamboguy
12-21-2017, 08:51 AM
there are lots of rules and regulations in the northeast. many people like those regulation's, but you have to pay for them.

if you want to live in many parts of Florida its not cheap. they have some very high real estate taxes for the residential property. they have other taxes on your net worth too. all that and the sun beats down on you, after 2 years your face begins to look like old leather. and to live there you still pay in different ways. but if you make big money from your investments like many people do here, Florida and Texas are the places to be without those state taxes

Lemon Drop Husker
12-21-2017, 09:27 AM
there are lots of rules and regulations in the northeast. many people like those regulation's, but you have to pay for them.

if you want to live in many parts of Florida its not cheap. they have some very high real estate taxes for the residential property. they have other taxes on your net worth too. all that and the sun beats down on you, after 2 years your face begins to look like old leather. and to live there you still pay in different ways. but if you make big money from your investments like many people do here, Florida and Texas are the places to be without those state taxes

Whatever you do, stay away from Nebraska. I love it here. We don't need your kind in our parts. :)

lamboguy
12-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Whatever you do, stay away from Nebraska. I love it here. We don't need your kind in our parts. :)i actually lived there for awhile, i appreciate that you own the state. i am jealous!

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 03:03 PM
I still like New York.

All the other states can kiss my ass. :lol:

jay68802
12-23-2017, 03:18 PM
i actually lived there for awhile, i appreciate that you own the state. i am jealous!

He is a great landlord, buy him a beer once in a while and he forgets everything.

lamboguy
12-23-2017, 03:59 PM
the song goes if you can make it here you can make it anywhere!

New York is nothing but the best of the best, the best places to eat, the best place to work, the best baseball team ever THE YANKEES, the best water, and the best people. Boston is nowhere near as good, but still a very distant second.

barahona44
12-23-2017, 04:29 PM
the song goes if you can make it here you can make it anywhere!

New York is nothing but the best of the best, the best places to eat, the best place to work, the best baseball team ever THE YANKEES, the best water, and the best people. Boston is nowhere near as good, but still a very distant second.

"Boston-that place is Scranton with clams" Philly Parisi, The Sopranos.

Commonly held attitude towards Beantown by New Yorkers, I venture to say.:)

boxcar
12-23-2017, 04:35 PM
I still like New York.

All the other states can kiss my ass. :lol:

All the other states probably wouldn't want your ass. :coffee: