PDA

View Full Version : Black Americans winning

JustRalph
12-20-2017, 10:05 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/20/dont-look-now-black-unemployment-nearing-time-low/

A rising tide lifts all boats

horses4courses
12-21-2017, 12:30 AM
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/20/dont-look-now-black-unemployment-nearing-time-low/

Aye, aye, Cap'n!!!

That would apply to million dollar yachts,
on down to the most humble of beaten-up kayaks.

Priceless.....:rolleyes:

ElKabong
12-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Aye, aye, Cap'n!!!

Extra money in a dudes paycheck. Who knew so many would bitch over extra $$

JustRalph
12-21-2017, 12:57 AM
Aye, aye, Cap'n!!!

Brought you out of your hole huh?

Oh, the suffering you must be going through.......:lol:

boxcar
12-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Aye, aye, Cap'n!!!

Wouldn't the lives on both be priceless? :coffee:

mostpost
12-21-2017, 02:44 PM

FAKE NEWS. Black unemployment remains at twice the level of white unemployment. In fact, of the ten Novemberís prior to this one, only two have statistically significant, larger discrepancy between black unemployment and white unemployment.

Then there is the matter of who is responsible for the lower unemployment rate among blacks. Trump has done nothing to enhance black employment opportunities. In reality, his racist anti immigrant rants have done the opposite.

Trump was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run. What is worse, you see Trump standing on third base and think he hit a grand slam.

mostpost
12-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Aye, aye, Cap'n!!!

And, at the end of the trickle down day, the guy in the kayak is still the guy in the kayak and the guy in the yacht is still the guy in the yacht; except he may now have a new and better yacht.

chadk66
12-21-2017, 03:04 PM
only liberals could attempt to spin this into a negative thing. only because they think they own the black vote and can't afford to loose it. boy what's gonna happen when the blinders finally come off most of those blacks. :lol:

Tom
12-21-2017, 03:07 PM
Black unemployment remains at twice the level of white unemployment.

Hey, dude, Trump is only in his first year.
Takes a while to undo the damage of the Democrats over the last 30-40 years.
The smell of Obama still lingers - it will go away. Like you libs.
One thing a lib cannot tolerate is success by someone on their own.
Like a cross to Dracula. Both are blood suckers, Drac and Dems.

JustRalph
12-21-2017, 03:16 PM
FAKE NEWS. Black unemployment remains at twice the level of white unemployment. In fact, of the ten Novemberís prior to this one, only two have statistically significant, larger discrepancy between black unemployment and white unemployment.

Then there is the matter of who is responsible for the lower unemployment rate among blacks. Trump has done nothing to enhance black employment opportunities. In reality, his racist anti immigrant rants have done the opposite.

Trump was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run. What is worse, you see Trump standing on third base and think he hit a grand slam.

Stomp your feet........it goes well with your posts

woodtoo
12-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Stomp your feet........it goes well with your posts

He sounds a lot like Rosie no?

Saratoga_Mike
12-21-2017, 05:01 PM

Let me help you - the poster is attempting to show the "brilliance" of DJT - black unemployment by year (using the household survey - please see the DOL website): 2013 - 11.1%; 2014 - 9.7%, 2015 - 8.2%; Nov 2016 7.8% and Nov 2017 - 7.1%.

Observations:

1) In the past year, the metric has improved by 0.7 percentage points, in line to slightly worse than the improving trend from the prior few years.

1a) Trump claimed unemployment stats were "fake"/"made up" just 18 months ago. Why are they believable now? Which is it? Wait, if the economy turns south (not a prediction, just making a point), the stats will become "fake" again.

2) The discrepancy between black and white unemployment is troubling. This is where we part, as I believe your party's solutions (well intentioned, I'm sure) have worsened this problem.

3) DJT is anti-immigrant, unfortunately, as it sells to his base. I think we should welcome immigrants into the country and not turn into Japan, but the border should be secured for national security reasons.

4) Yes, I love how DJT downplays his father's wealth, and how it may have helped open a few doors along the way -- we can never, ever detract from the brilliance of DJT.

NJ Stinks
12-21-2017, 05:11 PM
only liberals could attempt to spin this into a negative thing. only because they think they own the black vote and can't afford to loose it. boy what's gonna happen when the blinders finally come off most of those blacks. :lol:

Perhaps you need a refresher on how Black voters actually voted in years gone by. Or maybe you just used a poor choice of words when you said "they think they own the black vote".

http://blackdemographics.com/culture/black-politics/

MutuelClerk
12-22-2017, 12:20 AM
They say once you go winning you never go back.

thaskalos
12-22-2017, 01:29 AM
1a) Trump claimed unemployment stats were "fake"/"made up" just 18 months ago. Why are they believable now? Which is it? Wait, if the economy turns south (not a prediction, just making a point), the stats will become "fake" again.

If Trump (and JustRalph) say that the unemployment stats are "fake"...then they must clearly be FAKE! And they must remain "fake" until Trump (and JustRalph) declare them to be "real" again. That's how it goes around here.

Just like the problem with the ever-growing National Debt. If Trump (and JustRalph) declare it to be a "grave concern"...then it obviously is. But it becomes a "trivial matter" if Trump (and JustRalph) reverse their opinions on the issue.

Tom
12-22-2017, 08:49 AM
The debt is a grave concern, but we cannot even begin to attack it until we have a strong, healthy economy.

And start cutting government spending.
Three guesses who will not accept spending cuts?

The thing about fake unemployment numbers, you cannot use them to compare unemployment to a time when a different formula was used, but you CAN compare within the timespan where it is calculated the same. The numbers will be wrong, but the changes within will remain the same. If the rate decreases by half uner one way, it will decrease by half under the other, just the actual value will be different.

One thing we need is a realistic metric for unemployment.

chadk66
12-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Perhaps you need a refresher on how Black voters actually voted in years gone by. Or maybe you just used a poor choice of words when you said "they think they own the black vote".

http://blackdemographics.com/culture/black-politics/thanks for echoing my very point:headbanger:

horses4courses
12-23-2017, 12:28 AM
If Trump (and JustRalph) say that the unemployment stats are "fake"...then they must clearly be FAKE! And they must remain "fake" until Trump (and JustRalph) declare them to be "real" again. That's how it goes around here.

Just like the problem with the ever-growing National Debt. If Trump (and JustRalph) declare it to be a "grave concern"...then it obviously is. But it becomes a "trivial matter" if Trump (and JustRalph) reverse their opinions on the issue.

True, this. :ThmbUp:

The spin I just can't wait for, though, is the inevitable
spiel we're going to hear as soon as the economy tanks
due to "tinkle down" economics working their warped magic.

No predictions as to how soon that might happen, but it will.
Just like previous repug administrations before them,
consumer confidence and spending will come to a grinding halt.

"Roll up, roll up.....get your tickets to witness the incredible Sh*t Show"
All done, of course, at the expense of regular people - while the
executive branch tycoons fleece the nation and rob us blind.

Very sad to say, when you've inherited an economy like a tricked out
Escalade and manage to turn it into a patched up Chevy Nova. :ThmbDown:

Wait and see, beehatches.....:D

Tom
12-23-2017, 10:41 AM
You guys are a gas.
Keep believe, 2018 is going to really put you guys into a coma! :headbanger:

fast4522
12-23-2017, 10:45 AM
You guys are a gas.
Keep believe, 2018 is going to really put you guys into a coma! :headbanger:

Me thinks he is just out on work release, and will be back into his hole soon enough.

Tom
12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Mall Santa?

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 04:06 PM
True, this. :ThmbUp:

The spin I just can't wait for, though, is the inevitable
spiel we're going to hear as soon as the economy tanks
due to "tinkle down" economics working their warped magic.

No predictions as to how soon that might happen, but it will.
Just like previous repug administrations before them,
consumer confidence and spending will come to a grinding halt.

"Roll up, roll up.....get your tickets to witness the incredible Sh*t Show"
All done, of course, at the expense of regular people - while the
executive branch tycoons fleece the nation and rob us blind.

Very sad to say, when you've inherited an economy like a tricked out
Escalade and manage to turn it into a patched up Chevy Nova. :ThmbDown:

Wait and see, beehatches.....:DIf anything goes wrong...if anything tanks...we'll just blame it on Obama...like when anything went wrong during Obama's run, you blamed Bush.

We learn well.

FantasticDan
12-23-2017, 04:24 PM
PA, did you turn off Twitter videos?

I've tried to post a few tweets the last few days that contain video, all from different sources. When the tweet is posted and you try to play the video, it says the video is disabled. :confused:

The video plays fine outside of PA..

boxcar
12-23-2017, 04:26 PM
If anything goes wrong...if anything tanks...we'll just blame it on Obama...like when anything went wrong during Obama's run, you blamed Bush.

We learn well.

Not only did libs blame Bush but Obama himself blamed him when he said essentially said that Bush never told him how bad things really were when he took office. Trump has this same card up his sleeve if he ever needs to play it.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 04:39 PM
PA, did you turn off Twitter videos?

I've tried to post a few tweets the last few days that contain video, all from different sources. When the tweet is posted and you try to play the video, it says the video is disabled. :confused:

The video plays fine outside of PA..Didn't touch anything...but will look into it...thanks for the heads up

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 04:43 PM
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/943168006099816448

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Video just played fine for me above...can't believe not one person on this site plays that game.

Well, I can believe it, actually...LOL

FantasticDan
12-23-2017, 04:50 PM
^I get "the media could not be played" error message.

When I click on the bird to view the message on Twitter, it plays fine.

Weird.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 04:55 PM
Just tried it in Edge browser and got the video could not be played message...hmmm...

Works in Chrome...will investigate further

FantasticDan
12-23-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm using the latest Firefox on Windows, but have had the same issue on iOS.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Seems like this problem isn't isolated to PA:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/215754/videos-in-embedded-tweets-not-playing

buzzy
12-23-2017, 05:41 PM
horses4courses

So true.. what a shame

horses4courses
12-23-2017, 10:54 PM
If anything goes wrong...if anything tanks...we'll just blame it on Obama...like when anything went wrong during Obama's run, you blamed Bush.

We learn well.

What you have learned is how to have a selective memory.

How convenient to suddenly forget the state of the economy in 2008.
Compare that to what was left behind in 2016. Night and day.

boxcar
12-24-2017, 07:41 AM
What you have learned is how to have a selective memory.

Yeah....everything was so great in 2016; and Shirley this accounts for why voters repudiated Obama's policies which they knew Hillary would perpetuate. What were you saying about selective memories? :coffee:

Tom
12-24-2017, 09:15 AM
So, according to Horsey, Oama is responsible for the economy from 2009 on.

OK, so, then according to horsey, TRUMP is responsible for the major improvements in the economy in 2017.

zico20
12-24-2017, 09:34 AM
So, according to Horsey, Oama is responsible for the economy from 2009 on.

OK, so, then according to horsey, TRUMP is responsible for the major improvements in the economy in 2017.

Obama is responsible for the 2% economic growth, which is way too low for the amount of spending we are doing. Now it is time to do it Trump's way and get the economy going at a much faster rate.

JustRalph
12-24-2017, 01:15 PM
If Horsey is right the economy should tank in 2018. Trickle down failure. Iím not talking the market. The economy completely. Letís revisit next xmas

JustRalph
01-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Trump says heís going to get 95% next time :lol:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/06/black-trump-voters-vindicated-black-unemployment-falls-lowest-level-ever/

fast4522
01-07-2018, 11:01 AM
If Horsey is right the economy should tank in 2018. Trickle down failure. Iím not talking the market. The economy completely. Letís revisit next xmas

Is this guy from Canada?

Clocker
01-07-2018, 11:27 AM

The improvement was in spite of Obama and the Dems, not because of them. The recovery from the recession was the longest and slowest in modern times. Hard to figure why the recovery was so slow, given such brilliant, pro-growth government programs as mandated employer health insurance, "Cash for Clunkers" and "not yet shovel-ready" jobs.

elysiantraveller
01-07-2018, 01:01 PM
The improvement was in spite of Obama and the Dems, not because of them. The recovery from the recession was the longest and slowest in modern times. Hard to figure why the recovery was so slow, given such brilliant, pro-growth government programs as mandated employer health insurance, "Cash for Clunkers" and "not yet shovel-ready" jobs.

:lol::lol:

Post of the week.

You forgot unprecedented regulatory environment. Government intervention never helps markets only hurts them.

Tom
01-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Dems now looking to double down on infrastructure, so they are admitting that the money squandered by 0bama was for naught.

I say, let the states take care of it.
If a federal road or bridge becomes unusable, then close it down.

Clocker
01-07-2018, 02:16 PM
You forgot unprecedented regulatory environment. Government intervention never helps markets only hurts them.

You mean the EPA wasn't helping things? :faint:

chadk66
01-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Trump says heís going to get 95% next time :lol:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/06/black-trump-voters-vindicated-black-unemployment-falls-lowest-level-ever/I'm guessing he left a decimal out of there :pound:. But he could very well get two or three times what he got the last time.

fast4522
01-07-2018, 02:42 PM
If Democrats lose any one of their normally kept voting blocks and they screwed into oblivion for several years.

FantasticDan
01-08-2018, 07:01 PM
https://twitter.com/gillianbwhite/status/950420681602273280

woodtoo
01-08-2018, 07:16 PM
https://twitter.com/gillianbwhite/status/950420681602273280

She identifies as a white woman just look at her name. Don't know if I believe her.

Tom
01-08-2018, 10:55 PM
6.8 percent unemployment may be a historic low for black Americans (an achievement years in the making), but it's very high by most any measure & not a level that would considered acceptable,

Thanks for confirming that, Dan.
After 8 years of 0bama, Black got nothing.
Good thing we have someone in office now who really cares about people. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
01-09-2018, 11:04 AM

We learn well.

Trump clearly inherited an economy that was in massively more debt in actual dollars and relative to GDP than before Obama took office.

He also inherited a stock market that was very high relative to all standard metrics of value due to all the easy money from the Fed under Obama.

So he was set up perfectly for an economic and market debacle under his presidency that democrats could blame on him even though the root of the problem came before him.

The funny thing is that imo virtually every policy he has undertaken so far (especially tax cuts and decreased regulation) has increased the value of American business (and stocks) and will also help GDP growth. So he's at least making an effort to short circuit the economic disaster I've been worried about for awhile. I still think there are going to be issues because of all the debt and slowly rising interest rates, but I'm less sure about the timing now. If he's done anything wrong it has been not slowing the growth of government spending to offset the tax cuts. If he could somehow do that, I'd actually start becoming a huge fan despite all his personalty quirks and issues.

FantasticDan
02-03-2018, 06:06 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/959898046174826503

Tom
02-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Past Posting.

And this is exactly what he said - show me the word I in there......

Unemployment claims have hit a 45-year low. African-American unemployment stands at the lowest rate ever recorded, and Hispanic American unemployment has also reached the lowest levels in history.

Tom
02-03-2018, 06:29 PM
So let's take a look at the part of the graph the liars at VOX left out - the REAL story - look at the massive increases under 0bama at the start of his term - BS Dan strikes again.

davew
02-03-2018, 06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/959898046174826503

omg, that is a lot

https://data.bls.gov/generated_files/graphics/latest_numbers_LNS14000006_2008_2018_all_period_M0 1_data.gif

Tom
02-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Yes, it has been going down since 2012, but to say this increase AFTER the SOTU speech and to truncate the graph to only show the 0bama decreases is typical liberal BS handling of facts and it was done intentionally to deceive.

By VOX and Friends.

No one said it did not go down under the Big 0 and the first time I posted this graph it clearly showed that.