PDA

View Full Version : Put away the whip!

RunDustyRun
12-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Not one who is against the whip, but Gerardo Corrales in the fourth at Mahoning was truly ridiculous...up 15 lengths in deep stretch and he is vigorously hitting the horse for no apparent reason...even the race caller was seemingly calling him out...not sure if this is something stewards look at but they should

Tom
12-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Rider needs a vacation away from the track for 90 days.
OR another vocation - riding is obviously not a talent he possess.

mikekk
12-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Reminds me of a race at Oaklawn 8-9 years ago. Sloppy track; I was alive to one horse in the last leg of the Pick3, on a $5 ticket. Was paying over $1200 for a $2 ticket, so I'm looking at >$3000.

My horse had the lead from the start. By the time they turned for home, he was up by at least 10 lengths, with no one making any move. Midstretch, nothing else even on the screen, the jockey stands up, twirls his whip, and cracks the horse a good one on the right flank. Horse immediately veers to the rail, jock jumps off just before he hits, and my $3000 disappears into a puddle!

God, jockeys are stupid people!

Mike

HuggingTheRail
12-20-2017, 10:26 PM

Mike

I see you're from Burnaby.....we have our share of stupid jocks at Hastings :lol:

mikekk
12-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Haven't been to Hastings in ages...a group of us used to meet once a year or so, just to keep up with each other; but age, other interests, death and infirmity have taken a toll. I don't even bet much online any more...game has changed so much (and not in a good way) that at some point it stopped being fun!

Mike

SharpCat
12-22-2017, 01:49 AM
By far the worst I've ever seen. Dam POS jockey went to the whip 500m out and never stopped. I felt so bad for this horse he tried to get up but looks like his left leg was broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbShSV2piKw

BrentT
12-22-2017, 06:39 PM
Reminds me of a race at Oaklawn 8-9 years ago. Sloppy track; I was alive to one horse in the last leg of the Pick3, on a $5 ticket. Was paying over $1200 for a $2 ticket, so I'm looking at >$3000.

My horse had the lead from the start. By the time they turned for home, he was up by at least 10 lengths, with no one making any move. Midstretch, nothing else even on the screen, the jockey stands up, twirls his whip, and cracks the horse a good one on the right flank. Horse immediately veers to the rail, jock jumps off just before he hits, and my $3000 disappears into a puddle!

Mike

Lol. Brutal.
That sticking on the wrong side can be brutal, a horse we own won the 7th at Delta last night and got DQ. I blame the jock completely, he was sticking him right handed and then into the stretch it's 3 acoss, we're on the inside and he whacks him left handed and whoops he turned right into the other horse. Got placed 2nd, costly in a 40k allowance