PDA

View Full Version : Trump first year

JustRalph
12-17-2017, 10:38 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-amid-firestorms-trump-has-year-of-solid-policy-accomplishments-can-he-keep-going/article/2643791?platform=hootsuite

To even write this article is blasphemy

reckless
12-17-2017, 10:55 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-amid-firestorms-trump-has-year-of-solid-policy-accomplishments-can-he-keep-going/article/2643791?platform=hootsuite

To even write this article is blasphemy

Donald J. Trump, after just 12 months, is already the greatest U.S. president we've have since Ronald Reagan.

JustRalph
12-17-2017, 10:59 PM
X

RunForTheRoses
12-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Unfortunately this has been POS doesn't get it:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/13/andrew-johnson-is-no-longer-the-worst-president-in-u-s-history/

dkithore
12-18-2017, 08:01 AM
The author of Examiner piece missed mentioning Banon.

dkithore
12-18-2017, 08:05 AM
Donald J. Trump, after just 12 months, is already the greatest U.S. president we've have since Ronald Reagan.

He will be incomparable, imo. He is writing a new page in American history. Go Trump!

Tom
12-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Just to put things in perspective, had Hillary won, here's her list of accomplishments so far

1. Patomic River turn to blood and the fish all die
2. The Patomic then teams with frogs
3. Lica came upon the people of DC
4. Wild animals and flies are mustering along the beltway this week

fast4522
12-18-2017, 07:30 PM

I see improvements that I did not expect, we have had ICE raids here in New Hampshire. Much more than just a few, turns out ICE and homeland security have gone after illegal aliens and those born here in a number of human trafficking cases. Prostitutes working off debt owed to smugglers who got them into the country. Human trafficking was something I thought was about people sold on the deep web to country's other than the United States, human trafficking has now come to small town USA. We learn more about what we wish did not happen here. My opinion is the Trump Administration is coming down hard in this area, and before President Trump things bordered on pathetic. Perhaps I have things wrong, or is there other opinions on this.

mostpost
12-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Cut corporate and individual taxes.
Which will explode the deficit by $1.5T, while doing nothing to raise wages or create jobs.
Repeal the Obamacare individual mandate.
Which will cost 13,000,000 people their insurance.
Appoint a highly-respected conservative to the Supreme Court.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol:
Appoint a one-year record number of judges to the circuit courts.
Including Matthew Peterson who has never tried a case and could not answer basic question on the law asked by a Republican Senator.
Get rid of reams of unnecessary regulations.
[B]Wrong. He arbitrarily got rid of a lot of regulations with no regard as to whether they were necessary or not.
Destroy ISIS.
[B]He merely continued what Obama was doing and did not do it as well.
Approve pipeline projects and new oil drilling.
Another payoff to special interests which will have a deleterious effect on the economy.

So, yeah, Trump has done a lot of what he promised to do. The problem is he should not have done those thing.

In the meantime, he has lied more than any President in History; having already lied six times as much in ten months than Obama did in his full two terms.

He has colluded with Russia, Sexually harassed women, insulted our allies, played "chicken" with the equally unstable leader of North Korea.

zico20
12-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Which will explode the deficit by $1.5T, while doing nothing to raise wages or create jobs.
Including Matthew Peterson who has never tried a case and could not answer basic question on the law asked by a Republican Senator.
[B]Wrong. He arbitrarily got rid of a lot of regulations with no regard as to whether they were necessary or not.
Destroy ISIS.
Another payoff to special interests which will have a deleterious effect on the economy.

So, yeah, Trump has done a lot of what he promised to do. The problem is he should not have done those thing.

In the meantime, he has lied more than any President in History; having already lied six times as much in ten months than Obama did in his full two terms.

He has colluded with Russia, Sexually harassed women, insulted our allies, played "chicken" with the equally unstable leader of North Korea.

Would you please like to explain to me how 13 million people will be FORCED to lose their health care? I don't see it.

boxcar
12-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Would you please like to explain to me how 13 million people will be FORCED to lose their health care? I don't see it.

Trump is going to kill the ACA mandate. :lol::lol:

Greyfox
12-18-2017, 08:46 PM
The performance of Trump's team has been outstanding.

Trump's personality, which has no sense of common decency, is turning off too many of the electorate.

Unfortunately for Republicans, personality will trump performance in the 2018 votes.
His popularity is far too low to expect otherwise..

zico20
12-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Trump is going to kill the ACA mandate. :lol::lol:

And everyone who wants to have healthcare will still be able to have healthcare, so no one is going to lose coverage.

Tom
12-18-2017, 10:16 PM
mostpost....the Aesop of the 21t century.

classhandicapper
12-19-2017, 11:03 PM

Trump's personality, which has no sense of common decency, is turning off too many of the electorate.

Unfortunately for Republicans, personality will trump performance in the 2018 votes.
His popularity is far too low to expect otherwise..

I tend to agree with this.

I don't agree with everything Trump is doing, but I feel like most things are heading the right direction. The disagreements are about some of the details. While Obama was president I used to think he couldn't be that stupid so he must be actually trying to do damage for some greater insidious political purpose.

Where he has a problem is on the personality side. There are times he creates conflict when he should be working with those people because they can help him. He also can't handle any criticism at all. That stuff is going to hurt him.

pandy
12-19-2017, 11:45 PM
I tend to agree with this.

I don't agree with everything Trump is doing, but I feel like most things are heading the right direction. The disagreements are about some of the details. While Obama was president I used to think he couldn't be that stupid so he must be actually trying to do damage for some greater insidious political purpose.

Where he has a problem is on the personality side. There are times he creates conflict when he should be working with those people because they can help him. He also can't handle any criticism at all. That stuff is going to hurt him.

Yeah, but his personality was very much on display when he ran for President, especially when he ran for the Republican nomination, and he just kept winning.

A friend of mine just emailed us an article from Vox, one of those liberal websites, saying that the top 1% will get the biggest tax cut....wait for it...in 2027! This is the kind of spin we're going to hear. Heck, I remember when the Bush Tax Cuts started, the dems called it "tax cuts for the rich" but when Obama was President and they were in power they extended those tax cuts and said "now is not a good time to raise taxes on the middle class." Funny how it was tax cuts for the rich when Bush was President, but tax cuts for the middle class when they were in power.

elysiantraveller
12-20-2017, 12:02 AM
Yeah, but his personality was very much on display when he ran for President, especially when he ran for the Republican nomination, and he just kept winning.

A friend of mine just emailed us an article from Vox, one of those liberal websites, saying that the top 1% will get the biggest tax cut....wait for it...in 2027! This is the kind of spin we're going to hear. Heck, I remember when the Bush Tax Cuts started, the dems called it "tax cuts for the rich" but when Obama was President and they were in power they extended those tax cuts and said "now is not a good time to raise taxes on the middle class." Funny how it was tax cuts for the rich when Bush was President, but tax cuts for the middle class when they were in power.

I used to get annoyed when they called them the Bush tax cuts. They were as much Obama's tax cuts since he made them code.

It certainly goes both ways though.

JustRalph
12-20-2017, 12:46 AM
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-55-stocks-have-at-least-doubled-since-trump-was-elected-2017-12-18

Stocks off the hook

JustRalph
12-20-2017, 12:49 AM
Yep.....

If the economy is roaring, my taxes are lower, I’ll throw the bum out if I don’t like his personality

Tom
12-20-2017, 08:48 AM

Exactly.
Even if he accomplished nothing, I would vote for him for his personality alone.
Breath of fresh air after 8 years of the little piss-ant foreigner putting down America.

Let Trump be Trump!

reckless
12-20-2017, 09:28 AM
I used to get annoyed when they called them the Bush tax cuts. They were as much Obama's tax cuts since he made them code.

But when Democrats raised taxes, they called it investments.

And when the Democrats raised those Bush tax cuts under Obama they claimed that those tax cuts ruined the economy and we needed to raise those taxes back to pre-Bush rates, remember?

But that lie was exposed as fraudulent thanks to Obama's piss-poor economy of zero growth ... <2 % every year in our GDP.

Thanks to our great president DJT, we're on our way again as the economic engine of the world.

Tom
12-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

The lefties here used to call them Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy.
They stooped that when OBama renewed them. They were more Bush's, though,, because OBama never would have made to begin with. He was forced to keep them because reality was inplay at the time - they worked.

Bottom line, the money belongs to us and WE are the ones who should have the majority of it.

As good as the new rates are, they are at least 5 times too high.
Government should not get more than 5% from anyone.

elysiantraveller
12-20-2017, 12:51 PM
But when Democrats raised taxes, they called it investments.

And when the Democrats raised those Bush tax cuts under Obama they claimed that those tax cuts ruined the economy and we needed to raise those taxes back to pre-Bush rates, remember?

But that lie was exposed as fraudulent thanks to Obama's piss-poor economy of zero growth ... <2 % every year in our GDP.

Thanks to our great president DJT, we're on our way again as the economic engine of the world.

Pretty partisan view of what happened.

The economy tanked because the housing market collapsed. The recovery was slow due to over-regulation and lack of investor confidence.

They were tax cuts. As our deficit roars past $20 trillion dollars this century we have lowered tax rates(Bush), extended those lower rates (Bush/Obama), raised them back to where they were before for high earners (Obama), and then sweepingly lowered them again (Trump).

I get we have a spending problem but to deny we have a revenue problem is absurd as well. 47% in this country don't pay anything to the feds.

elysiantraveller
12-20-2017, 12:52 PM
The lefties here used to call them Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy.

You are correct that's how they framed it because that's what they were targeting.

No one ever said elected officials are intellectually honest. ;)

mostpost
12-20-2017, 04:01 PM

The tax cuts were made in 2003. Bush was President in 2003 and for five years after that. How could they be Obama's tax cuts?

Tom
12-20-2017, 04:21 PM
You are correct that's how they framed it because that's what they were targeting.

No one ever said elected officials are intellectually honest. ;)

Tax cuts for the lowest bracket were 50%.

newtothegame
12-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Pretty partisan view of what happened.

The economy tanked because the housing market collapsed. The recovery was slow due to over-regulation and lack of investor confidence.

They were tax cuts. As our deficit roars past $20 trillion dollars this century we have lowered tax rates(Bush), extended those lower rates (Bush/Obama), raised them back to where they were before for high earners (Obama), and then sweepingly lowered them again (Trump).

I get we have a spending problem but to deny we have a revenue problem is absurd as well. 47% in this country don't pay anything to the feds.

No, its really not absurd. My, along with most other responsible people, spend at or lower then the amount of revenue I bring in. The amounts vary from person to person and most seem to be able to manage to live within their means.
The government dos NOT live by this code because its not THEIR income and IS NOT required to abide by the rules of basic math.
There are no negative consequences to them, therefore, why abide by basic rules?

If they were forced to live within basic logic and math, I would imagine we wouldn't have this exploding deficit!

mostpost
12-20-2017, 06:25 PM
Tax cuts for the lowest bracket were 50%.

And that 50% cut saved them a total of $600, because the change from 15% to 10% only applied to the first $12,000 dollars of earnings. The rest of the $45,000 was still taxed at 15%.

That same tax cut saved a millionaire more than $35,500 in the first year; and that does not take into account other savings.

mostpost
12-20-2017, 06:57 PM
No, its really not absurd. My, along with most other responsible people, spend at or lower then the amount of revenue I bring in. The amounts vary from person to person and most seem to be able to manage to live within their means.
The government dos NOT live by this code because its not THEIR income and IS NOT required to abide by the rules of basic math.
There are no negative consequences to them, therefore, why abide by basic rules?

If they were forced to live within basic logic and math, I would imagine we wouldn't have this exploding deficit!
I am amazed-and not in a good way-by people who think running a country is the same as running a household. The first is more complex than the latter by several thousand orders of magnitude.

The necessities of your household would seem to include:
Pay the rent or mortgage.
pay for food
Pay for health care
pay for the children's education
Pay for transportation
Pay for necessary repairs
Pay for clothing.

The necessities of government might include.
Pay your civilian employees.
Pay your elected officials
Pay your military employees.
Pay for transportation vehicles used by your civilian and elected officials including a big honkin' 747 used by POTUS
Pay for office space and supplies and heat and light and plumbing and upkeep on all those buildings.
Pay for tanks, artillery pieces, guns, grenades, airplanes, bombs, bullets, RPGs, bazookas, napalm, bayonets, aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines, torpedoes.
Pay for roads, bridges, tunnels.
pay for airports, ocean ports.
Pay for TSA screeners, FBI agents and other federal officers.
Pay for a freakin' wall.

I could probably go on for pages not scratch the surface of what the Federal
government is involved in. All of which, your opinion to the contrary not withstanding, is important and necessary.

forced89
12-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Trump is an ass but he is quietly doing what he said he would do re Supreme Court, Taxes, Judges, Regulations, Trade, putting Conservatives in charge of Agencies, and most important the Economy. IMO we underestimate him.

fast4522
12-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Trump is an ass but he is quietly doing what he said he would do re Supreme Court, Taxes, Judges, Regulations, Trade, putting Conservatives in charge of Agencies, and most important the Economy. IMO we underestimate him.

Obviously that was what he intended for the minority leaders, next year remove the filibuster and chop their heads off.

JustRalph
12-20-2017, 07:48 PM
I am amazed-and not in a good way-by people who think running a country is the same as running a household. The first is more complex than the latter by several thousand orders of magnitude.

The necessities of your household would seem to include:
Pay the rent or mortgage.
pay for food
Pay for health care
pay for the children's education
Pay for transportation
Pay for necessary repairs
Pay for clothing.

The necessities of government might include.
Pay your civilian employees.
Pay your elected officials
Pay your military employees.
Pay for transportation vehicles used by your civilian and elected officials including a big honkin' 747 used by POTUS
Pay for office space and supplies and heat and light and plumbing and upkeep on all those buildings.
Pay for tanks, artillery pieces, guns, grenades, airplanes, bombs, bullets, RPGs, bazookas, napalm, bayonets, aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines, torpedoes.
Pay for roads, bridges, tunnels.
pay for airports, ocean ports.
Pay for TSA screeners, FBI agents and other federal officers.
Pay for a freakin' wall.

I could probably go on for pages not scratch the surface of what the Federal
government is involved in. All of which, your opinion to the contrary not withstanding, is important and necessary.

The definition of flummoxed. This stuffs killing you...:lol:
And Trump just raised taxes on everybody in your beloved Illinois :lol:

https://twitter.com/JustinDSykes/status/943613449036292097

Lemon Drop Husker
12-21-2017, 07:51 AM

The only collusion that exists is with the Dems and Obama/Hillary. Thankfully, we all get to put them in our rear view mirror. (At least for now till the next worthless Dem screaming PC bullshit.)

Insulted our allies? How about putting a foot down that we won't bend over anymore. Instead of an apology tour, he told the World that we are back, and we'll be leading once again.

He isn't playing chicken with NoKo's crazy man Jong-Un. He is letting that batshit crazy man know who is in charge, and won't sit idly by while he is looking to threaten the planet with nuclear and chemical war.

Put your pussy hat in the closet Most. It is OK to be an American again.

Tom
12-21-2017, 09:37 AM
His hat rejected him once he put it on.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2017, 02:57 PM

His popularity is far too low to expect otherwise..All that stuff was being counted against him BEFORE he ever won in the first place.

And yet he still won.

I wouldn't count him out just yet...if he even runs again.

Tom
12-23-2017, 05:30 PM
After 4 years of Trump, things will so good we HAVE to elect a democrat, just to screw things up again so we can put Nikki Haley in the WH to fix things. :pound:

woodtoo
12-25-2017, 01:39 PM
After 4 years of Trump, things will so good we HAVE to elect a democrat, just to screw things up again so we can put Nikki Haley in the WH to fix things. :pound:

Nikki Haley successfully reduces over $265 million off 2016-2017 UN budget.
And bolsters support for key USA priorities. Dec.24 2017

mostpost
12-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Nikki Haley successfully reduces over $265 million off 2016-2017 UN budget.
And bolsters support for key USA priorities. Dec.24 2017
What great news! Now we have even more money to give to millionaires and billionaires. In the meantime Boco Harum can abduct more school girls; ISIS can continue murdering just about anybody and atrocities can continue world wide.

davew
12-25-2017, 05:35 PM
What great news! Now we have even more money to give to millionaires and billionaires. In the meantime Boco Harum can abduct more school girls; ISIS can continue murdering just about anybody and atrocities can continue world wide.

at least there is no longer a muslim administration giving them weapons

I can't wait to read his $6o million book

Tom
12-25-2017, 05:50 PM

BS meter ringing of the wall!

Actually, satellite technology is already working on ways to spot Boco's moving campsites and coordinate attack on them. Saw in TV this week. More than OBama did, by just holding up a sign! Can you spell impudent?

And ISIS has been pretty much pushed out of most of the territory it took under
Obama.

And only an idiot would say this new tax plan benefits the middle class.

The Three Wiseless Guys - Schumer, Pelosi.....(what's your last name?):pound::pound::pound:

reckless
12-25-2017, 06:25 PM

Just for the record, why do you think Trump is an ass ... ?

JustRalph
12-25-2017, 06:47 PM

So full of it.

barahona44
12-25-2017, 08:58 PM
All that stuff was being counted against him BEFORE he ever won in the first place.

And yet he still won.

I wouldn't count him out just yet...if he even runs again.

One problem Trump faces in 2020 if he runs (and I think he does-his name and photo on every front page and newscast must be intoxicating for him)is that he is not running against Hillary Clinton, who was the dullest Democratic candidate since Mike Dukakis and the least trustworthy one in forever.The economy better be going well in 2020 because Trump will no longer have the novelty factor of his candidacy going for him, people will look for an excuse not to vote for him.And for those basking in the glow of the current economy, it was performing at a similar level for George W. Bush at the same point in his second term.

Nutz and Boltz
12-25-2017, 10:19 PM
One problem Trump faces in 2020 if he runs (and I think he does-his name and photo on every front page and newscast must be intoxicating for him)is that he is not running against Hillary Clinton, who was the dullest Democratic candidate since Mike Dukakis and the least trustworthy one in forever.The economy better be going well in 2020 because Trump will no longer have the novelty factor of his candidacy going for him, people will look for an excuse not to vote for him.And for those basking in the glow of the current economy, it was performing at a similar level for George W. Bush at the same point in his second term.

What Republican would have the balls to take a stand against him in 2020 ?

barahona44
12-26-2017, 12:01 AM
What Republican would have the balls to take a stand against him in 2020 ?

Republicans?

Clocker
12-26-2017, 12:06 AM
In the meantime Boco Harum can abduct more school girls; ISIS can continue murdering just about anybody and atrocities can continue world wide.

It should be clear to any clear-thinking person what the impact of the budget cut will be on the UN's record of effectiveness in dealing with those problems.

fast4522
12-26-2017, 01:10 AM
at least there is no longer a muslim administration giving them weapons

I can't wait to read his $6o million book

What is it called? We were demon's

Tom
12-26-2017, 11:59 AM
It should be clear to any clear-thinking person what the impact of the budget cut will be on the UN's record of effectiveness in dealing with those problems.

You mean their unblemished record of total failure?

Clocker
12-26-2017, 12:16 PM
You mean their unblemished record of total failure?

Not true. The UN is very effective at its primary goal, which is to give liberals a warm and fuzzy feeling of accomplishment.

davew
12-26-2017, 12:23 PM
Not true. The UN is very effective at its primary goal, which is to give liberals a warm and fuzzy feeling of accomplishment.

and award 'friends' over inflated contracts with no expectation of completion or quality standards...

by cutting the UN budget by 5%, they might have to lower the corruption involved by 20% - at least it is a start

JustRalph
12-26-2017, 01:45 PM

You forgot the chance for multicultural rape zones

davew
12-26-2017, 05:45 PM
What is it called? We were demon's

don't know - I wonder if Bill Ayers is writing for him again

the dims are picking on Melania again - her Christmas tweet makes her look like a model (they like bitter yelling women like Warren and Watters)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-criticized-taking-incredibly-tacky-christmas-selfie-192057956.html

reckless
12-26-2017, 06:51 PM
You forgot the chance for multicultural rape zones

It should never ever be forgotten that these UN bastards -- raped and abused desperate starving women and children for food.

Logistically and politically, I understand the USA leaving the UN will probably never happen but there should be no fear by Trump and Congress to make the necessary steps and threats to do just that.

Let these s-bags and their nazis politicians fend for themselves without the monetary largesse coming from the USA and the world's most generous citizens.

davew
12-26-2017, 07:14 PM
It should never ever be forgotten that these UN bastards -- raped and abused desperate starving women and children for food.

Logistically and politically, I understand the USA leaving the UN will probably never happen but there should be no fear by Trump and Congress to make the necessary steps and threats to do just that.

Let these s-bags and their nazis politicians fend for themselves without the monetary largesse coming from the USA and the world's most generous citizens.

don't forget the human trafficking and human organ sales

reckless
12-26-2017, 09:47 PM
don't forget the human trafficking and human organ sales

I want to forget but how could we, dave?

fast4522
12-26-2017, 11:59 PM
don't know - I wonder if Bill Ayers is writing for him again

the dims are picking on Melania again - her Christmas tweet makes her look like a model (they like bitter yelling women like Warren and Watters)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-criticized-taking-incredibly-tacky-christmas-selfie-192057956.html

What got us that disgusting pro Muslim Brotherhood loving individual is fragmentation of the Republican party. During the primary I said John Kasich can not win because he was so pro NAFTA, similar comments made about Rick Santorum and many others. Folks get pissy when they hear things about their guy, but it does not mean what was said is not correct. For instance John Kasich is almost a lead pipe cinch to enter a challenge to President Donald J. Trump runs for reelection but has a 0 % chance to win and someone from Ohio will never see the forest from the trees. And no logic will change the mind of anyone locked into someone they want to win. Those who can not understand history are doomed to repeat. Just how many truly understand just how bad Hillary Clinton would have been to some of our rights we take for granted.

Tom
12-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Just how many truly understand just how bad Hillary Clinton would have been to some of our rights we take for granted.

Bottom line, no matter what Trump does wrong, no matter what he screws up, we still have avoided armageddon. The dems would have gone so far to the left that we might never have been able to recover.

I am reminded of the "A Christmas Carole" when Scrooge gets a peek at the future - I think of Hillary and I see a tiny crutch in the corner, gathering dust.

"I am the ghost of Christmas futcha
Hillary Clinton just don't suitcha!"

barahona44
12-27-2017, 10:45 AM
"I am the ghost of Christmas futcha
Hillary Clinton just don't suitcha!"
Tom, I think you have a "futcha" as a rapper/lyricist. :D :cool:

RunForTheRoses
12-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Tom, I think you have a "futcha" as a rapper/lyricist. :D :cool:

Vanilla Price?

Tom
12-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Already got one - Tommy Malice! :cool::headbanger:

JustRalph
12-27-2017, 11:48 AM
I’ll just leave this here........

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-department-store-stocks-jump-holiday-spending-record-195126015--sector.html

JustRalph
12-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Looks like he’s going to finish the year w the same approval numbers Obama had.......

Killer.....:headbanger:

horses4courses
01-01-2018, 09:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSS_ql8VQAA80oL.jpg

Tom
01-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Heh heh heh......figured out what happened yet? :pound::pound::pound:

horses4courses
01-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Heh heh heh......figured out what happened yet? :pound::pound::pound:

Oh yes.......very quickly, in fact.

Millions of white blue collar to middle class Americans
fell for a wealthy con man who, among many things,
promised prosperity and protection from their biggest fears.

Little did they know that they will not prosper at all
in the long run, and those far wealthier than they are
will thrive unconditionally, along with corporations who
will do little to improve the lifestyles of regular people.

The desire for change is what brought Trump to
the White House. The same thing will drive him out.

Afleet
01-01-2018, 10:12 PM

you couldn't be that stupid

Afleet
01-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Destroy ISIS.

How many citizens are leaving Ill every year? A failed state where a former community organizer worked

Tom
01-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Oh yes.......very quickly, in fact.

Thought so...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

zico20
01-02-2018, 10:03 AM
How many citizens are leaving Ill every year? A failed state where a former community organizer worked

33,703 left last year. I would love to see Illinois lose two electoral votes, but I think it will be only one. They are on pace to lose over 300,000 residents in the decade.

zico20
01-02-2018, 10:11 AM

The recession ended in June 2009, so please tell me in detailed terms how Obama saved us from a second great depression. What did he exactly do in those five months that would otherwise have sunk us.

davew
01-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Little did they know that they will not prosper at all in the long run, and those far wealthier than they are

The desire for change is what brought Trump to
the White House. The same thing will drive him out.

Maybe you are right, but how is this different than 0bama's regime?

It is a lot easier to document the past than to predict the future....

(except when it relates to global warming.... err climate change.... err climate disruption - when history does not seem to go back very far)

Clocker
01-02-2018, 10:24 AM
The recession ended in June 2009, so please tell me in detailed terms how Obama saved us from a second great depression. What did he exactly do in those five months that would otherwise have sunk us.
So you are going to spoil a good hissy fit with facts?

boxcar
01-02-2018, 11:20 AM
you couldn't be that stupid

If I were you, I would not bet on that with Chinese yen. :coffee:

boxcar
01-02-2018, 11:28 AM
They Hate God
And will stop at nothing!

When Donald Trump ran for president, he positioned himself as a no-nonsense businessman who said there was too much Washington in Washington and what was needed was a clear-minded, business-like approach to bring back jobs, jumpstart the economy and make America great again. After months of a fake-news, Russia-collusion narrative and a host of other phony baloney — no evidence, anonymously sourced stories that the mainstream media has had to constantly backpedal on and retract — what do we see when we step back and take a look at America one year into a Trump administration? How about lower taxes, less burdensome regulations, fewer criminal aliens, an American hegemony and annual GDP growth of more than 3 percent which Obama sycophants said could never be the case again, the annihilation of ISIS, practically daily record stock market highs, less crime, more jobs and less unemployment, a reduction in the massive waste the United States formerly gave to the United Nations, the end of ObamaCare tax penalties and a reinvigorated America nationally and internationally? What a horrible first year, right?

More...

https://www.churchmilitant.com/video/episode/vortex-they-hate-god?mc_cid=f5debeeb57&mc_eid=4093aff58d

Clocker
01-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Another YUGE win for The Donald!!! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpg Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!
7:13 AM - Jan 2, 2018 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948195478428102657)

16,798 16,798 Replies (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=948195478428102657)
7,256 7,256 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=948195478428102657)
37,062 (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=948195478428102657)

Clocker
01-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Millions of white blue collar to middle class Americans
fell for a wealthy con man who, among many things,
promised prosperity and protection from their biggest fears.

in the long run, and those far wealthier than they are

Put "soon to be" in front of "wealthy" in the first sentence and it pretty accurately describes 2008 all over again.

For accuracy, add in the belief of many black Americans in the utopian post-racial presidency that never materialized. In fact, things got worse, to the point that 5 years into Obama's reign, many found the need to form Black Lives Matter while Obama hobnobbed with the rich and famous, vacationing on Martha's Vineyard. How's that for post-racial promises?

in the long runWe are already into the long run of this administration? Did the economy already go down the crapper, and I missed it?

Being the cynic that I am, my standard for effective politicians is that they don't make things any worse. Trump and this Congress are meeting my hopes to date.

PaceAdvantage
01-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Another YUGE win for The Donald!!! :DCome on, how can you not love this guy. He's gold Jerry...GOLD! :lol:

classhandicapper
01-02-2018, 02:41 PM
I thought he had a pretty good year considering the democrats hate him, the republicans hate him, the media hates him, and the intelligence community is engaged in corrupt and criminal behavior to try to bring him down.

My biggest objections are that his foreign policy has not been consistent with his pre election rhetoric of not getting involved overseas unless vital US interests are involved (renegotiated trade deals are fine but the neocons have to go), and the tax cuts should have been accompanied by slowing down the growth of spending otherwise he should have limited it to tax reform.

That's not such a bad record given how I usually feel about presidents.

At this stage in Obama's presidency I was already all but certain he was some combination of idiot, traitor, and saboteur.

boxcar
01-02-2018, 03:30 PM
At this stage in Obama's presidency I was already all but certain he was some combination of idiot, traitor, and saboteur.

I was convinced he was all the above. :coffee: