PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs. Steelers

Teach
12-15-2017, 06:29 PM
Just two days. Less than 48 hours. The Showdown at The Heinz. The Patriots or Steelers? The Pats are favored by 3 (last I looked). Yet, I’m picking…The Steelers. Why?

So goes Tom Brady, so goes The Patriots. I’m skeptical. I’m concerned. Brady is 40-years old. I don’t care how young he says he feels, or how good he looks, Father Time has a way of catching up to you. Is his Achilles tendon bothering him? Frankly, I didn’t think Brady was sharp in the Patriots Monday Night loss to the Dolphins. Was that loss a sign of things to come?

By and large, the Patriots have beaten weaker teams. The AFC East is a weak division. I thought the Pats could have been in trouble against the Bills. Buffalo marched down the field on the opening drive only to have their quarterback, Tyrod Taylor, throw an ill-advised pass inside the Patriots 10-yard line; it gets picked off. Game. Set. Match. The outcome of that game turned on that play. Talk about a deflator.

Further, the Patriots will be without their 6-foot-6, 350-pound defensive lineman, Alan Branch. Branch has a way of clogging up the middle. His absence is a big loss. On the offensive side, the Patriots offensive line has not done a great job of protecting Brady; he’s taken his share of hits.

The Pats receiving core has been depleted (New England has gotten by without Julian Edelman…but in games like this he is sorely missed). Danny Amendola would seem like the logical short-yardage receiver, but he wasn’t even thrown to in the first half of the Miami game (Look for the Steelers to double-cover him). Ron Gronkowski is an excellent receiver, but will it take some time to shake off the rust from his one-game suspension? Chris Hogan doesn’t seem to be the same after coming back from his injury. As for Brandin Cooks, I don’t see him as reliable.

Again, it all harks back to Brady. I’ve watched him over the season and throughout the years. If the Miami game is an indication, it could be a long late-Sunday afternoon, early-Sunday evening for Bill Belichick’s team.

ldiatone
12-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Just two days. Less than 48 hours. The Showdown at The Heinz. The Patriots or Steelers? The Pats are favored by 3 (last I looked). Yet, I’m picking…The Steelers. Why?

So goes Tom Brady, so goes The Patriots. I’m skeptical. I’m concerned. Brady is 40-years old. I don’t care how young he says he feels, or how good he looks, Father Time has a way of catching up to you. Is his Achilles tendon bothering him? Frankly, I didn’t think Brady was sharp in the Patriots Monday Night loss to the Dolphins. Was that loss a sign of things to come?

By and large, the Patriots have beaten weaker teams. The AFC East is a weak division. I thought the Pats could have been in trouble against the Bills. Buffalo marched down the field on the opening drive only to have their quarterback, Tyrod Taylor, throw an ill-advised pass inside the Patriots 10-yard line; it gets picked off. Game. Set. Match. The outcome of that game turned on that play. Talk about a deflator.

Further, the Patriots will be without their 6-foot-6, 350-pound defensive lineman, Alan Branch. Branch has a way of clogging up the middle. His absence is a big loss. On the offensive side, the Patriots offensive line has not done a great job of protecting Brady; he’s taken his share of hits.

The Pats receiving core has been depleted (New England has gotten by without Julian Edelman…but in games like this he is sorely missed). Danny Amendola would seem like the logical short-yardage receiver, but he wasn’t even thrown to in the first half of the Miami game (Look for the Steelers to double-cover him). Ron Gronkowski is an excellent receiver, but will it take some time to shake off the rust from his one-game suspension? Chris Hogan doesn’t seem to be the same after coming back from his injury. As for Brandin Cooks, I don’t see him as reliable.

Again, it all harks back to Brady. I’ve watched him over the season and throughout the years. If the Miami game is an indication, it could be a long late-Sunday afternoon, early-Sunday evening for Bill Belichick’s team.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

lamboguy
12-15-2017, 06:50 PM
i love seeing the Pats lose, not exactly my favorite team. but they had a bad game against the fish. we as humans have good days and bad ones. The Steelers have an excellent squad except for their quarterback and their coach is no bargain either. The Steelers will find a way to lose at home in my opinion.

Teach
12-15-2017, 07:04 PM
And then...there's Le'Veon Bell. "The Juice" is Loose". What about the status of some of the Patriots defensive lineman, e.g. Trey Flowers, Kyle Van Noy, etc.?

Valuist
12-15-2017, 07:40 PM
The Steelers had their own defensive issues last week. No Ryan Shazier, and he obviously won't be playing this weekend, either. 400 plus yards allowed, 6.7 yards/play and 152 rush yards against a mediocre Baltimore offense. They also committed over 100 yards in penalties. I'm not sure if I'm getting to the window at all in this game. The over is worth a look, and I don't see the total coming down much.

tucker6
12-15-2017, 07:54 PM
i love seeing the Pats lose, not exactly my favorite team. but they had a bad game against the fish. we as humans have good days and bad ones. The Steelers have an excellent squad except for their quarterback and their coach is no bargain either. The Steelers will find a way to lose at home in my opinion.
:pound:

If you disregard age, I can think of at least 28 teams that would trade for him.

barahona44
12-15-2017, 11:00 PM
Big Ben a weak link? Top 10 QB in my opinion . Tomlin has his shortcomings as a coach but his players seem to like to play for him.Steelers problem is that they underachieve far too often,struggling against the bad teams.Patriots rarely play two bad games in a row and they play as well in Pittsburgh as they play poorly in Miami; the Dolphins have the most home victories (10) of any team vs. Brady. Looks like a New England W to me with a comfortable cover, 8-10 points.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Big Ben a weak link? Top 10 QB in my opinion . Tomlin has his shortcomings as a coach but his players seem to like to play for him.Steelers problem is that they underachieve far too often,struggling against the bad teams.Patriots rarely play two bad games in a row and they play as well in Pittsburgh as they play poorly in Miami; the Dolphins have the most home victories (10) of any team vs. Brady. Looks like a New England W to me with a comfortable cover, 8-10 points.

I'd listen to this guy. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
12-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Forget this game...and bet the money on the Rams instead.

ElKabong
12-16-2017, 03:08 AM
Highland Park beat Denton Ryan tonight. My football weekend is pretty much over ....

Pats were beaten last week by Miami if I heard right. Not sure how this game would be considered "big", they'll just dance again in the playoffs when it'll count for something.

lamboguy
12-16-2017, 03:41 AM
Big Ben a weak link? Top 10 QB in my opinion . Tomlin has his shortcomings as a coach but his players seem to like to play for him.Steelers problem is that they underachieve far too often,struggling against the bad teams.Patriots rarely play two bad games in a row and they play as well in Pittsburgh as they play poorly in Miami; the Dolphins have the most home victories (10) of any team vs. Brady. Looks like a New England W to me with a comfortable cover, 8-10 points.if Roethlisberger is in the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL it just goes to show you how watered down the talent is in that league, makes sense though when you look at the game day attendance fall off a cliff lately.

tucker6
12-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Forget this game...and bet the money on the Rams instead.

I agree.

tucker6
12-16-2017, 08:34 AM
if Roethlisberger is in the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL it just goes to show you how watered down the talent is in that league, makes sense though when you look at the game day attendance fall off a cliff lately.
Last I checked, the bum in Pittsburgh is headed to the HOF, and it's not close. So your hate and sarcasm is noted.

Robert Fischer
12-16-2017, 01:10 PM
I give the edge to New England if both teams bring their 'A' game.

In regards to Big Ben, he seems like he is feeling good. Been a few times that he has looked downfield, given a pump fake, and then ran the ball for several yards.

jay68802
12-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Betting wise, I can get the home team with the running game advantage and points. Sounds good to me.

lamboguy
12-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Last I checked, the bum in Pittsburgh is headed to the HOF, and it's not close. So your hate and sarcasm is noted. i don't have any hate for this guy, but i can promise you Pete Rose will be in the Baseball Hall of Fame before this guy gets into the Football Hall, and i don't think Pete Rose gets in while he is still alive.

Inner Dirt
12-16-2017, 01:52 PM
I give the edge to New England if both teams bring their 'A' game.

In regards to Big Ben, he seems like he is feeling good. Been a few times that he has looked downfield, given a pump fake, and then ran the ball for several yards.

I like Pittsburgh and considering my abysmal record picking the NFL this year that is so bad I will be called a liar if I state it, you have a very high chance of being correct.

Teach
12-16-2017, 06:18 PM
Does anyone want to put up some hard numbers? I’m going to. My prediction: Steelers 38, Patriots 28. Last I looked, the line was still Patriots +3. I thought I saw the over/under at 53. Personally (one man’s opinion), I believe that the “over” is a lock.

Why? Both team have high-powered offenses and relatively porous defenses. The Steelers most definitely miss Ryan Shazier; the Patriots will sorely miss Alan Branch. I believe there will a significant number of touchdowns and field goals. I also believe the Steelers will gain a big advantage by playing at home. Heinz Field should be rocking. Steelers’ fans have been looking ahead to this game for weeks. Unless the Patriots can take the Steelers fans out of the game early with some quick scores, the Pittsburgh fans become the “12th Man”. By the way, the winds swirl around Heinz as much or more so than most any other NFL field. Advantage: Pittsburgh.

Further, I also read that there is a possibility of light rain in the Pittsburgh area during the late afternoon. I believe that also can work to Pittsburgh’s advantage. Remember Deflate-gate. Of the two quarterbacks, I believe Tom Brady will have a tougher time throwing a wet ball. Also, the grass may become slippery (more so than on artificial turf). If you have Achilles tendon issues, it will make it that much more difficult to plant and throw.

Don’t you think the Steelers coaching staff carefully watched the game films of the Patriots loss to Miami. I’m sure they’re taking notes of the variety of zone blitzes the Dolphins threw up against the Patriots. I still wonder if the Patriots win over the Bills was their “high-water mark”.

Moreover, I also think there is a Steelers revenge factor. The Patriots, over the years, by and large, have had their way with the Steelers. Is this come-uppance time?

I also believe it will be difficult to control both Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell (Bell was injured last year).

Any thoughts?

ldiatone
12-16-2017, 06:38 PM
first if j. bettis is in the hall of fame.... big ben will get in before rose. 2 super bowls and some good numbers. plus a long career.

well NE 34-4(or so) after a loss. the stiilers have a tough time with pass defense. but offense can score more points as the stillers have 4 players who can make a difference. l bell-a brown-m bryant- and this new kid ju ju. if Joe Haden plays -?- then the pass defense will b better. bur if NE wins then we have to to NE and meet them in the playoffs. that is the important game. of if the stiilers win welll home field advantage
and also this:

Secondbest
12-17-2017, 10:51 AM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoetBe00.htm

burnsy
12-17-2017, 05:57 PM
I kind of think the entire AFC is a little weak this year. As for Big Ben.......Yeah, he's not HOF material. :D;). Give me a break, look at his stats and record. He only threw for over 500 yards last week and just torched the Patriots for 182 in a freaking half. 15-19, 2 TD's!

Give me a break he's making New England look stupid. And New England is in trouble this year.

jay68802
12-17-2017, 07:04 PM
2 Min left and a 5 pt lead.:)

ldiatone
12-17-2017, 07:23 PM
tough call and loss
OBTW romo stated on the air "future hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger"

lamboguy
12-17-2017, 07:24 PM
i love seeing the Pats lose, not exactly my favorite team. but they had a bad game against the fish. we as humans have good days and bad ones. The Steelers have an excellent squad except for their quarterback and their coach is no bargain either. The Steelers will find a way to lose at home in my opinion.as advertised, they followed the expected script. if you layed the points you only push, but the good news is this, should they meet up again in the playoffs, that game will never be close. if the Steeler's can't get the job done today against this banged up squad, they will get killed when the real money is on the line.

burnsy
12-17-2017, 07:40 PM
tough call and loss

Its asinine to say otherwise. Neither team is good at defense.

ldiatone
12-17-2017, 07:42 PM
tough call and loss

i also think there was some questionable play calling by the coaches with just under 4mins when the steelers had the ball. some pass routes/plays were working but 1st play a run for small yardage. thats haley.

Teach
12-17-2017, 08:02 PM
What a game! It was the Steelers to win…and they lost. First, if anything did the Steelers in and helped the Patriots, it was the Brady-to-Gronkowski combination. They were incredible down the stretch. But all that would have been for naught if the Steelers had come back to score in the closing minute.

Further, I believe the loss of Antonio Brown in the first half was critical. He’s definitely one of “Big Ben’s” weapons. No doubt…the Steelers had their chances. A chance to intercept on the first pass of the Patriots winning drive (Brady comes right back and hits “Gronk” near midfield).

But a tremendous catch-and-run after the ensuing kickoff (the play started out so innocently; it was almost as if I was watching it in slow-motion) by JuJu Smith-Schuster. At that moment, I thought, at the very least, this games goes into OT.

And when Jesse James scored what looked the winning TD, I figure Steelers win and beat the spread.

In fact, when I saw the replay, I thought that possibly Jesse James’ knee touched the ground before the ball crossed the goal-line plane. Then, I noticed that the ball had come loose when he fell into the end-zone. Incomplete! A collective sigh of relief back in New England.

When it was over, the whole thing had me shaking my head. All I could think of was that “Tom Terrific” had pulled another rabbit out of his hat…or should I say his helmet.

As a postscript, I couldn’t believe the number of empty seats at Heinz Field. If the game had been played at Gillette, the place would have been packed.

burnsy
12-17-2017, 08:44 PM
i also think there was some questionable play calling by the coaches with just under 4mins when the steelers had the ball. some pass routes/plays were working but 1st play a run for small yardage. thats haley.

True, but it was sloppy on both sides. Not just your point which is right. they single cover Gronk even on the two point conversion and the Pats give up that play which should of cost them the game. The only team in the AFC that plays defense is the Jags. In all reality, that game was sloppy at the end by both teams. If this is the best the AFC has, look out for the Super Bowl. Cause that won't cut it against some of the other leagues teams.

It wasn't a great game, tons of mistakes, it was exciting, but neither team played that well on defense. Both of these teams have been erratic all year, its easy to see how they have good records when you look at their schedules. Neither team will win the big one with performances like this.

Robert Fischer
12-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Unless James was bobbling the ball (he wasn't), that ruling was a good example of inexperience and/or incompetence on both the rule-makers and the reviewers.

Secondbest
12-17-2017, 09:18 PM
True, but it was sloppy on both sides. Not just your point which is right. they single cover Gronk even on the two point conversion and the Pats give up that play which should of cost them the game. The only team in the AFC that plays defense is the Jags. In all reality, that game was sloppy at the end by both teams. If this is the best the AFC has, look out for the Super Bowl. Cause that won't cut it against some of the other leagues teams.

It wasn't a great game, tons of mistakes, it was exciting, but neither team played that well on defense. Both of these teams have been erratic all year, its easy to see how they have good records when you look at their schedules. Neither team will win the big one with performances like this.

Agree about the Jaguars. Best defense in NFL. Defense wins on championship Sunday.

burnsy
12-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Unless James was bobbling the ball (he wasn't), that ruling was a good example of inexperience and/or incompetence on both the rule-makers and the reviewers.

The thing is, it always used to be once the ball crosses the plane, its a done deal. The last couple years they came up with this deal if its a pass you have to hold it all the way through. This has come up multiple times in other games. Its the second time New England won off of it this year. They are lucky they have not lost 5 or more games this year. Their defense is not good. They had a good run during the weakest part of the schedule but the good offensive teams have exposed them all year. Its the rule makers that came up with this one. Its been called that way consistently. Pittsburg also has played that way, they also can score a ton but can't stop teams when it counts. The play in the AFC on defense has been awful with the exception of Jacksonville. Pittsburg didn't even play for overtime after that call.........they really can't bitch cause they still blew it in the end. Just a game that fell apart at the end....like when horses go .43 to the half then fold up shop.

Robert Fischer
12-17-2017, 09:57 PM
The thing is, it always used to be once the ball crosses the plane, its a done deal. The last couple years they came up with this deal if its a pass you have to hold it all the way through. This has come up multiple times in other games. Its the second time New England won off of it this year.

I agree with the rule in the situation where there is ambiguity as to whether the receiver caught the ball. Those situations are mostly limited to bobbles/juggles and/or bang-bang split-second plays, as well as some rare situations that I can't think of at this second.

This guy James caught the ball, turned and broke the plane of the end zone, but becaus he didn't then cradle the ball and fall on his body, they queue rule 8 section 3 paragraph 2 or whatever numbers correspond to the poorly written and interpreted rule.

ElKabong
12-17-2017, 10:24 PM
As a postscript, I couldn’t believe the number of empty seats at Heinz Field. If the game had been played at Gillette, the place would have been packed.

Even in Pittsburgh you see empty seats....hmmmm. Downward spiral for attendance indeed.

JustRalph
12-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Bullshit call.

He caught the ball clean, extended it over the goal line. End of play.

Zaf
12-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Bullshit call.

YEP agree 1000 % with you Ralph. The call stinks to high hell. No way was there enough evidence to over turn the call on the field.

Z

Fred Mertz
12-18-2017, 12:20 AM
Yes, Ralphie, it was a touchdown.

Steelers fans should be rightfully ticked off.

It's over, so I won't belabor the point.

cj
12-18-2017, 12:38 AM
Somehow, Cowboy/Raider refs managed to upstage the Pats/Steelers refs.

ElKabong
12-18-2017, 01:43 AM
Somehow, Cowboy/Raider refs managed to upstage the Pats/Steelers refs.

Just watched our local sports show, some of those calls were below high school level officiating

The replay I saw, I could see daylight / turf between the yard stick and the ball. Plus, they folded a piece of paper to run down the marker to see if there was a space between the marker and ball... Why would you fold the paper? That action favored Dallas I believe

They also replayed an Oakland catch in the 4th quarter, the ball clearly hit the ground before possession was completed. That one favored Oakland. On local radio they're howling about other bad calls / poor plays.

lamboguy
12-18-2017, 01:54 AM
after watching the game you could really see the Steeler's put out an exceptional group of players. the offensive line kept making holes and pushing the Pat's backward. even with their shortcomings, they have plenty to take care of any team they will face in the playoffs except for the Pat's. if someone else knocks off the Patriot's they should have a cakewalk.

ldiatone
12-18-2017, 01:55 AM
What a game! It was the Steelers to win…and they lost. First, if anything did the Steelers in and helped the Patriots, it was the Brady-to-Gronkowski combination. They were incredible down the stretch. But all that would have been for naught if the Steelers had come back to score in the closing minute.

Further, I believe the loss of Antonio Brown in the first half was critical. He’s definitely one of “Big Ben’s” weapons. No doubt…the Steelers had their chances. A chance to intercept on the first pass of the Patriots winning drive (Brady comes right back and hits “Gronk” near midfield).

But a tremendous catch-and-run after the ensuing kickoff (the play started out so innocently; it was almost as if I was watching it in slow-motion) by JuJu Smith-Schuster. At that moment, I thought, at the very least, this games goes into OT.

And when Jesse James scored what looked the winning TD, I figure Steelers win and beat the spread.

In fact, when I saw the replay, I thought that possibly Jesse James’ knee touched the ground before the ball crossed the goal-line plane. Then, I noticed that the ball had come loose when he fell into the end-zone. Incomplete! A collective sigh of relief back in New England.

When it was over, the whole thing had me shaking my head. All I could think of was that “Tom Terrific” had pulled another rabbit out of his hat…or should I say his helmet.

its a sell out...some were wet watching under the bleachers

rastajenk
12-18-2017, 08:07 AM
Bullshit call.

But a guy flying out of bounds who grazes the pylon before rolling without the ball into the cheerleaders gets his TD.

That ruling (the Pittsburgh non-TD) should be re-examined with some inclusion of the "ground can't cause a fumble" principle.

mikeb
12-18-2017, 08:31 AM
I was under the impression just breaking the plane of the goal line was enuff:confused:

Inner Dirt
12-18-2017, 08:58 AM
But a guy flying out of bounds who grazes the pylon before rolling without the ball into the cheerleaders gets his TD.

That ruling (the Pittsburgh non-TD) should be re-examined with some inclusion of the "ground can't cause a fumble" principle.

The ground can cause a fumble if you aren't touched by a defender on the way to the ground or a defender's contact didn't cause you to go down. If a guy falls on his own, hits the ground and the ball comes out it is a live ball.

kingfin66
12-18-2017, 09:52 AM
after watching the game you could really see the Steeler's put out an exceptional group of players. the offensive line kept making holes and pushing the Pat's backward. even with their shortcomings, they have plenty to take care of any team they will face in the playoffs except for the Pat's. if someone else knocks off the Patriot's they should have a cakewalk.

It is often said that defense wins championships. If that is the case then the Jaguars are going to be awfully tough to beat. And they are playing very well.

kingfin66
12-18-2017, 09:55 AM
I was under the impression just breaking the plane of the goal line was enuff:confused:

Yes, but it first must be a catch. To be a catch, the receiver must control the ball all the way to the ground. The receiver bobbled the ball slightly upon contact with the ground and the ball touched the ground. Incomplete pass. I don't blame the refs, I blame the rule. It always seems to arise at the very worst times.

Teach
12-18-2017, 11:08 AM
The Steelers still could have won…or at the very least, tied the game. Nine seconds left on the clock after the refs ruled James’ catch was an incomplete pass. That’s an eternity! Especially when you’re down on the Patriots 10-yard line.

Keep your cool. Call a play. Take one shot at the end zone. It’s gotta be quick. No time to be lollygagging. Let it go. Put the ball where it can’t be intercepted. So, even if you miss, you should have a minimum of 4 or 5 seconds to set up for a chip-shot field goal. At worst, the game goes into OT.

Don’t panic. But the Steelers did. The coaching staff had tons of time to call a play for “Big Ben” to run (the replay took forever). Yet, the Steelers throw a hurried slant over the middle. Too many bodies. The ball is tipped. Harmon intercepts. Game. Set. Match. I blame poor clock management. And yes, poor coaching. That game was still within Pittsburgh’s grasp, if they only kept their cool.

Secondbest
12-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Ben said that he wanted to clock it but the offensive coordinator was telling him don't clock it, don't clock it. Why opposing teams screw up in big spots against the pats never ceases to amaze me.

rastajenk
12-18-2017, 12:00 PM
If a guy falls on his own, hits the ground and the ball comes out it is a live ball.Not if he's already in the end zone.

ldiatone
12-18-2017, 12:13 PM
The Steelers still could have won…or at the very least, tied the game. Nine seconds left on the clock after the refs ruled James’ catch was an incomplete pass. That’s an eternity! Especially when you’re down on the Patriots 10-yard line.

Keep your cool. Call a play. Take one shot at the end zone. It’s gotta be quick. No time to be lollygagging. Let it go. Put the ball where it can’t be intercepted. So, even if you miss, you should have a minimum of 4 or 5 seconds to set up for a chip-shot field goal. At worst, the game goes into OT.

Don’t panic. But the Steelers did. The coaching staff had tons of time to call a play for “Big Ben” to run (the replay took forever). Yet, the Steelers throw a hurried slant over the middle. Too many bodies. The ball is tipped. Harmon intercepts. Game. Set. Match. I blame poor clock management. And yes, poor coaching. That game was still within Pittsburgh’s grasp, if they only kept their cool.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

lamboguy
12-18-2017, 12:33 PM
I kind of think the entire AFC is a little weak this year. As for Big Ben.......Yeah, he's not HOF material. :D;). Give me a break, look at his stats and record. He only threw for over 500 yards last week and just torched the Patriots for 182 in a freaking half. 15-19, 2 TD's!

Give me a break he's making New England look stupid. And New England is in trouble this year.he made them look real stupid!

ldiatone
12-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Ben said that he wanted to clock it but the offensive coordinator was telling him don't clock it, don't clock it. Why opposing teams screw up in big spots against the pats never ceases to amaze me.

i think tomlin did make that call and told O coordinator.

Valuist
12-18-2017, 03:09 PM
i think tomlin did make that call and told O coordinator.

Ben has GOT to throw that ball out of the end zone. Firing a pass at 100 MPH into heavy traffic has deflection written all over it. Normal teams will sometimes pick those off. The Patriots NEVER miss those.

judd
12-18-2017, 06:45 PM
on top of everything I think New England is the most hated team in football

Secondbest
12-18-2017, 06:50 PM
One of the things about the pats is they never or rarely screw up the end of games. Belichek is always prepared for whatever situation arises. If you switch teams do you you think Brady makes that pass?

mikeb
12-18-2017, 07:56 PM
So from what you said,if it was a running play it would have been a T.D
Thanks
M.B

Secondbest
12-18-2017, 11:19 PM
It should have been a spike.

Secondbest
12-18-2017, 11:27 PM
on top of everything I think New England is the most hated team in football

Either them or Dallas.

ldiatone
12-19-2017, 12:01 AM
Ben has GOT to throw that ball out of the end zone. Firing a pass at 100 MPH into heavy traffic has deflection written all over it. Normal teams will sometimes pick those off. The Patriots NEVER miss those.

:ThmbUp:

onefast99
12-19-2017, 10:18 AM
So from what you said,if it was a running play it would have been a T.D
Thanks
M.B
Per the NFL rules once a runner breaks the plane it is a TD. If it is a catch he must control the football as he goes into the end zone, he didn't control the football in fact he took no steps, he turned his body and layed out into the endzone where upon hitting the ground the ball shook free, thus per the rules(and they are in need of change)no TD.

MONEY
03-26-2018, 11:57 AM
Harmon intercepts.

Why on earth would anyone try to smuggle marijuana in Costa Rica?

Published: March 24, 2018 at 04:09 p.m. Updated: March 24, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.

"Harmon was allegedly caught with 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy, and four glass containers with compressed marijuana that weighed 4.3 grams"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922967/article/harmon-detained-in-costa-rica-for-alleged-marijuana-possession

barahona44
03-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Why on earth would anyone try to smuggle marijuana in Costa Rica?

Published: March 24, 2018 at 04:09 p.m. Updated: March 24, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.

"Harmon was allegedly caught with 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy, and four glass containers with compressed marijuana that weighed 4.3 grams"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922967/article/harmon-detained-in-costa-rica-for-alleged-marijuana-possession

If his name isn't Brady or Gronkowski,he's expendable.Bellichik's hatred of distractions is well known,so whether he stays depends on if Bellichik thinks he can be easily replaced.

Valuist
03-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Yes, this game is back in the news. Indirectly. Yesterday, the NFL voted on a new rule as to what constitutes a catch. It's not clearer to me, but several examples were cited, including the Jesse James catch last season against the Patriots, which would've been a game changing result. Now it would be a catch.

The problem is the head of officiating stated the new ruling was in effect for the Super Bowl, over 6 weeks before it was voted on. After reviews of Corey Clement's TD catch in the Super Bowl, Chris Collingsworth said "he had no idea what a catch is now" but with the new rule in place, it became a no doubter. Also the Zach Ertz TD has to be brought into question.

Can Goddell's administration get anything right?