PDA

View Full Version : Chicago murderland

davew
12-14-2017, 11:45 PM
Trump has offered the National Guard to help, but Rahm Emmanuel says no (Black Votes Matter)

A councilman suggest asking for UN peacekeepers (maybe murder rate will go down and rape rate go up)

JustRalph
12-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Trump has offered the National Guard to help, but Rahm Emmanuel says no (Black Votes Matter)

A councilman suggest asking for UN peacekeepers (maybe murder rate will go down and rape rate go up)

Nice!!

The UN......hysterical

Actor
12-15-2017, 02:01 AM
Trump has offered the National Guard to help, ...Help with what exactly?

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Help with what exactly?

People killing other people?

602 people killed/murdered in Chicago this year. 651 homicides.

http://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/

#44s supposed hometown

Actor
12-15-2017, 03:29 AM
People killing other people?Not with a specific case?

Actor
12-15-2017, 03:35 AM
602 people killed/murdered in Chicago this year. 651 homicides.As a percentage of the population in Chicago is that particularly high compared to other cities?

Marshall Bennett
12-15-2017, 04:17 AM
Southside has gotten so bad its surprising any cop would even patrol there.

Actor
12-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Southside has gotten so bad its surprising any cop would even patrol there.I think I've heard the same thing about East St. Louis, Ill.

Tom
12-15-2017, 09:03 AM
The NG is very big - both places need to "civilized."

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2017, 09:50 AM
I think I've heard the same thing about East St. Louis, Ill.

East St. Louis isn't even America.

Pretty sure Kim Jong-Un is mayor of that town.

JustRalph
12-15-2017, 11:32 AM
As a percentage of the population in Chicago is that particularly high compared to other cities?

Holy crap! Did you just really ask that? In an attempt to rationalize 600 murders?

Marshall Bennett
12-15-2017, 12:22 PM
The fact that such a huge percentage of those murdered are black, it becomes an issue only black political leaders can address with any success.
This may appear as racist, but it really isn't. Any discussions as to the causes and perimeters will certainly turn into a racist subject, and no white politician that values his/her career would touch it with a 10 ft. pole.

zico20
12-15-2017, 12:49 PM
I think I've heard the same thing about East St. Louis, Ill.

East St. Louis is not a place you want your car to break down, especially if you are white. The crime rate is off the charts, murder, robbery, assault, etc. They only have a population of 25,000, and it seems every one of them is a criminal. The population is 1.23 percent white, 97.74 black, the rest Hispanic or mixed.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2017, 12:58 PM
East St. Louis is not a place you want your car to break down, especially if you are white. The crime rate is off the charts, murder, robbery, assault, etc. They only have a population of 25,000, and it seems every one of them is a criminal. The population is 1.23 percent white, 97.74 black, the rest Hispanic or mixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrN54QXppKA

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2017, 12:58 PM
They only have a population of 25,000, and it seems every one of them is a criminal.This is helpful propaganda...thanks :rolleyes:

MONEY
12-15-2017, 01:06 PM

You win:ThmbDown:

"#1. St. Louis, Missouri

Murder rate per 100k people: 59.29

Number of reported murders (2015): 188

Population: 317,095"

The 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the US
http://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html#31

Inner Dirt
12-15-2017, 01:18 PM

I once went to an ATM there while driving across country, just following the Garmin. The bank was closed yet there was a security guard standing by the bank entrance next to the walk up ATM. the guard who was black asked me if I knew where I was, as it wasn't safe and pointed which direction to take to get out of town for the safety of myself and passenger. He said if anyone approached my vehicle keep moving until I hit I-70, even if I have to run a stop sign. He said a lot of people get tailed and robbed after using those machines.

Inner Dirt
12-15-2017, 01:22 PM

You win:ThmbDown:

"#1. St. Louis, Missouri

Murder rate per 100k people: 59.29

Number of reported murders (2015): 188

Population: 317,095"

The 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the US
http://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html#31

East St Louis is across the river in Illinois, it has even a higher murder rate than St.Louis itself, it usually doesn't make a lot of high crime lists because of how small it is.

Valuist
12-15-2017, 02:38 PM
As a percentage of the population in Chicago is that particularly high compared to other cities?

Only compared to NYC and LA. But Chicago is NOT in the top 30 cities by murder rate. Here's the Top 10 for 2017 murder rate:

1. East St Louis, IL
2. Chester, PA
3. Gary, IN
4. St. Louis, MO
5. Baltimore, MD
6. Petersburg, VA
7. Flint, MI
8. Detroit, MI
9. New Orleans, LA
10. Camden, NJ

Valuist
12-15-2017, 02:40 PM
I once went to an ATM there while driving across country, just following the Garmin. The bank was closed yet there was a security guard standing by the bank entrance next to the walk up ATM. the guard who was black asked me if I knew where I was, as it wasn't safe and pointed which direction to take to get out of town for the safety of myself and passenger. He said if anyone approached my vehicle keep moving until I hit I-70, even if I have to run a stop sign. He said a lot of people get tailed and robbed after using those machines.

I have heard that 3% of all murders occur at, or directly near, ATM machines.

Marshall Bennett
12-15-2017, 05:06 PM
They only have a population of 25,000, and it seems every one of them is a criminal.
Are you sure these aren't Washington Democrat politicians? :)

zico20
12-15-2017, 08:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrN54QXppKA

The Vacation movie scene occurred in St. Louis, MO, not in East St. Louis. Parts of north St. Louis are every bit as bad if not worse than East St. Louis.

zico20
12-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Only compared to NYC and LA. But Chicago is NOT in the top 30 cities by murder rate. Here's the Top 10 for 2017 murder rate:

1. East St Louis, IL
2. Chester, PA
3. Gary, IN
4. St. Louis, MO
5. Baltimore, MD
6. Petersburg, VA
7. Flint, MI
8. Detroit, MI
9. New Orleans, LA
10. Camden, NJ

If you know which areas to avoid in St. Louis you are generally okay about getting killed. The south part of the city has burglaries and thefts, but the murder rates for the southern part are very low compared to north St. Louis.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2017, 10:44 PM
If you know which areas to avoid in St. Louis you are generally okay about getting killed. The south part of the city has burglaries and thefts, but the murder rates for the southern part are very low compared to north St. Louis.

Note to self.

Don't get killed in St Louis.

Actor
12-16-2017, 12:27 AM
Holy crap! Did you just really ask that? In an attempt to rationalize 600 murders?Not at all. Just wondering if we need to call out the guard for other cities as well.

Tom
12-16-2017, 08:40 AM
When the locals fail in their most basic responsibilities, YES, it is time for the NG to step in and suspend civil liberties for all until the animals are rounded up and put down.

Marshall Bennett
12-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Listing cities by murder rate can be misleading. While cities might not appear high up on it, they contain pockets of extreme intensity that get widespread attention. Chicago's southside is one of those. Memphis and Atlanta have theirs. In all cases blacks are the prime victims. Not sure if a remedy exist without force that results in deaths, and huge amounts of arrest. Again, this would result in cries of racism. So perhaps if the killings remain contained to these prominent locations, why would anyone venture there to intervene and themselves become a statistic?

woodtoo
12-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Listing cities by murder rate can be misleading. While cities might not appear high up on it, they contain pockets of extreme intensity that get widespread attention. Chicago's southside is one of those. Memphis and Atlanta have theirs. In all cases blacks are the prime victims. Not sure if a remedy exist without force that results in deaths, and huge amounts of arrest. Again, this would result in cries of racism. So perhaps if the killings remain contained to these prominent locations, why would anyone venture there to intervene and themselves become a statistic?

When arresting murderers is seen as racist you are entering a brave new world
called the twilight zone.

woodtoo
12-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Cook County Commissioner Richard Boykin suggests sending in UN peacekeepers (Blue Helmuts) in the face of what he calls "quiet genocide."

CBS news Chicago

Tom
12-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Chicago will eat the UN for lunch!
Those Blue Helmets will be the new gang colors within 30 days. :pound:

Clocker
12-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Chicago will eat the UN for lunch!
Those Blue Helmets will be the new gang colors within 30 days. :pound:

Strict, well-enforced gun control laws in Chicago would not allow the Blue Helmets to be armed. :rolleyes:

chadk66
12-19-2017, 11:42 AM
We should probably all take a lead from the Democrats and not give a crap about these killings in Chicago. Chances are the guys killed today killed people yesterday. So we aren't having to pay for their trials. Sure there are a few innocent bystanders but collateral damage is nothing new.

woodtoo
08-06-2018, 09:29 AM
Busy weekend for nurse and doctor training in trauma centers in Chicago.

60 people shot yet only 9 fatalities, (Fri. thru Sun.)
25 shot in 2 1/2 hours, its a war zone . Be safe out there.

woodtoo
08-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Here is an update for the year so far.
Shot and killed; 278
Shot and wounded; 1451
Total shot; 1729
Homicides; 332

Happy "Barack Obama Day" Chicago!!!

woodtoo
08-06-2018, 10:33 AM
All expressway shootings in Chicago are counted as State charges helping to keep the actual numbers down.

RunForTheRoses
08-06-2018, 10:41 AM
All expressway shootings in Chicago are counted as State charges helping to keep the actual numbers down.

I was going to post this yesterday but figured why bother , many will ignore or vapidly explain away. But yeah that is a lot of carnage in the city of Rahm.

Andy Asaro
08-06-2018, 10:44 AM
This is the ultimate result of far left progressive politics. They never fail to achieve misery. And then there's San Francisco..................

jimmyb
08-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Time to send in the well regulated militia.

Valuist
08-06-2018, 11:52 AM
This is the ultimate result of far left progressive politics. They never fail to achieve misery. And then there's San Francisco..................

I've lived in both areas. The city of San Francisco has a LOT of problems right now. SF is a dirty city; much dirtier than Chicago. Tons of homeless people who do drugs and defecate in the street.

Chicago has a lot of murders relative to NYC and LA but there's at least 30 cities in the country with a higher murder rate. Most of the murders in Chicago are limited to 5-6 neighborhoods.

Marshall Bennett
08-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Time to send in the well regulated militia.
Since nearly all of the victims and killers are black, its obviously hands off to outside interference. Nearly any killing of a black by a white is deemed racist. Any government authority to use force would be deemed a racist act. While this may all seem racist posting this, its still a fact of life. Liberals scream all you wish...I don't care.
There really isn't a solution without African Americans being offended. With that in mind, no politician that values his career is going to put his head to the chopping block and address it. If this were another country or a different race outside looking in, it would have long since been dealt with and considered a popular decision.
The criminal element is brutal and vicious, but kill a number of them and watch rioting like you've never seen come out of it. Its not worth it.

Saratoga_Mike
08-06-2018, 01:27 PM
I've lived in both areas. The city of San Francisco has a LOT of problems right now. SF is a dirty city; much dirtier than Chicago. Tons of homeless people who do drugs and defecate in the street.

Chicago has a lot of murders relative to NYC and LA but there's at least 30 cities in the country with a higher murder rate. Most of the murders in Chicago are limited to 5-6 neighborhoods.

Finally, a voice of reason. I always enjoy when people pontificate on matters they know nothing about (obviously not referring to you).

Would Chicago benefit from a law-and-order mayor (backed by a law-and-order city council)? Obviously, but the city is clean (relative to most) and the crime is very concentrated, although there are always one-off situations (like recent break-ins in Lincoln Park).

woodtoo
08-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Finally, a voice of reason. I always enjoy when people pontificate on matters they know nothing about (obviously not referring to you).

Would Chicago benefit from a law-and-order mayor (backed by a law-and-order city council)? Obviously, but the city is clean (relative to most) and the crime is very concentrated, although there are always one-off situations (like recent break-ins in Lincoln Park).

As long as the crime is concentrated in 5 or 6 designated areas no cause for alarm. It needs to be addressed sooner not later. They need a new Sheriff in town.

RunForTheRoses
08-06-2018, 02:43 PM

So your voice of reason is that as long as it is confined to Afro American areas there is nothing to see? Some would say dats raciss. That there are 30 more violent cities is awful but Chicago is a great American city and is proud of its gun control which is obviously not working at leasr in some areas.

Tom
08-06-2018, 03:43 PM
I am sure the people that live in those 5-6 neighborhoods are happy to hear this good news.

I bet they even plan to hold the funerals for their kids in other neighborhoods must to be on the safe side.

Chicago is S-HOLE.
The mayor should be arrested and put in jail.
Martial law should be declared and those neighborhoods surrounded and cleaned out. No civil rights until it is safe to walk those streets.

Then move on to the next city.

Valuist
08-06-2018, 05:48 PM
I am sure the people that live in those 5-6 neighborhoods are happy to hear this good news.

I bet they even plan to hold the funerals for their kids in other neighborhoods must to be on the safe side.

Chicago is S-HOLE.
The mayor should be arrested and put in jail.
Martial law should be declared and those neighborhoods surrounded and cleaned out. No civil rights until it is safe to walk those streets.

Then move on to the next city.

Where's Obama in all of this? HE was a community organizer there. Where's the leadership in the black community? Where's Sharpton and Jesse?

Crickets.

davew
08-06-2018, 06:14 PM

The weather is much milder in SF, and you can survive outside during the winter.

woodtoo
08-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Where's Obama in all of this? HE was a community organizer there. Where's the leadership in the black community? Where's Sharpton and Jesse?

Crickets.

The silence is deafening I'm betting some initiative will begin shortly as the President met with inner city Pastors in the White House just last week.

He is known as a man of action.

JustRalph
08-07-2018, 07:29 PM
From 2011.......

Nothing’s changed in 90 years.

The politicians enable the gangs

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

Valuist
11-20-2019, 10:17 PM
Chicago not even in the top 10. There are, however, the same usual suspects at the top of this list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdXKFeAZj8w