PDA

View Full Version : Karl Ventner's Win Cycle

dav4463
08-18-2004, 11:26 PM
I got an advertisement for Karl Ventner's Win Cycle in the mail today. Anybody ever heard of him or used it ? Should I order it and quit my job? It is 12 pages of glossy magazine quality advertising. It states on page one "I'll show you how to win at least....$3000.00 every week (on small bets) from horseracing."
It is sold with 4 months worth of results at 14 tracks, over 1,640 plays to prove that it works. It says you can play 6-9 races per day with 58% winners and it can be played two ways, either with the pp's or just the tote board ! Then he offers a $500 reward if you don't win at least $10,000 in the first 30 days !!!
That is just page one of the ad !!! What do you think ? Is it worth $190 ?

betchatoo
08-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Only $190? How can he sell it so cheap? This man is a philanthropist. Compared to him Mother Theresa was not charitable

kenwoodallpromos
08-19-2004, 03:16 PM
First send a copy to your state attorney general's office and ask what they think.
You eitherm win $10,000 or $500? Never heard of them.

takeout
08-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by dav4463
It is 12 pages of glossy magazine quality advertising. It states on page one "I'll show you how to win at least....$3000.00 every week (on small bets) from horseracing."

Some things never change.... death, taxes, and “snake oil” salemen.:D

I want to know who’s buying this crap. My thinking being that someone must be or they wouldn’t keep shoveling it. I must not be onto how this scam works. What am I missing?:confused:

dav4463
08-20-2004, 12:39 AM
If there is a market out there I would seriously consider selling my own hyped-up super system guaranteeing riches beyond belief......if I knew how to get started !!!

ranchwest
08-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by dav4463
If there is a market out there I would seriously consider selling my own hyped-up super system guaranteeing riches beyond belief......if I knew how to get started !!!

Getting started is easy. Staying a step ahead of the law is what's difficult. Unless you dream of life in a crossbar hotel, you might reconsider on this one.

dav4463
08-20-2004, 01:02 AM
I was kidding ! I would be the first to get caught if I ever tried to do something even close to illegal !

Lefty
08-20-2004, 01:29 AM
ranch, wish it were so. Can you name any of these crooks that ever spent even 1 day in jail?

ranchwest
08-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Lefty
ranch, wish it were so. Can you name any of these crooks that ever spent even 1 day in jail?

Yeah, I just don't understand how that is. You know, the post office monitors non-profit organization mailings to see if they include suggested hotel rooms, as that would jeopardize their non-profit mailing status, yet where are they when people make offers that are just too good to possibly be true?

freeneasy
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
he doesnt exist and never did. this sos is set up under a fictictious bussiness name.
notice in his add he offers a full years worth of results verifying all claims made in his brochure and..... oh but wait, since the cost of duplicating a full year of recorded workouts and the results of these workouts for every track in the nation, and the time it would take to copy and print duplicates of all said information plus the bulk weight of this mailing makes it impossible to send with your order without an extended charge.
so they make you two offers. yeah we'll be glad to send you the system for $190, but if you dont believe us then we'll also be glad to send you complete, a full years report for like $280.
see they know you aint gonna send them no $280.
all their doing is hoping that some sucker will think " well how can they make that kind of an offer if they didnt have the proof, i mean that would be mail fraud so they must be telling the truth cause all anyone has to do is send em an extra 280 bucks, and if they were lying then they would have the proof right there and then these guys would be in big trouble with the feds so why send 280bucks for proof that must exist when shit i can just send em the $190 and save the rest cause if i have any doubts then all i have to do is just send the $280 get the workout of results, prove that they lied and then theyd really be in trouble.see.
see they dont want your 280 dollars, thats just a ploy to get your 180 dollars. boy, these guys. see and i all that just to see how many words i could cram into a single sentence. 133. i dont know if thats a record but its a sentence :D

dav4463
08-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Is there any way to track down where these people are and confront them ? They say you get a "summary" of the workout and a full workout costs the extra bucks. I'd like to show up on their doorstep and say let me use the system for 30 days.....if I make $10,000, I'll give half to you and all you have to do is let me keep the system !

freeneasy
08-23-2004, 04:43 PM
once i got a flyer from this seller that had a po box like a 1/2 mile away from where i lived. so i drove down there and parked right in front of the place and waited for hours for this guy to come and open his box. my plan was just like yours. call this guys bluff. the guy never came. these guys got jack. they aint got noth'n. they just dress it up like its the greatest thing since swiss cheese, the flying berrito brothers and a hooker on every cornor.

dav4463
08-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I hope I get one sometime from an address close to mine. I would like to go on a stakeout ! It would be interesting to see who comes to check the mail anyway !