PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky State Rep commits suicide

zico20
12-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Republican Dan Johnson committed suicide tonight after sexual assault allegations involving a 17 year old girl back on New Years Eve in 2012. The complaint was dropped by investigators five years ago but reopened recently.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/judge-and-jury-fake-news-us-politician-facing-sexual-assault-claims-commits-suicide/news-story/4f70f1471e4f2469cc27c3893c4ac2f2

barahona44
12-13-2017, 11:52 PM
Sooner or later,everything in life reaches a tipping point and I think we are going to see that in terms of sexual assault/harassment claims.People are going to start getting either numbed or irritated at the non-stop news reports where every third actress claims to have been sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein (When did he find the time to run a movie studio?) or the sexual escapades of politicians.I'm not doubting the veracity of some of these claims-powerful men (and women) frequently like to exercise that power inappropriately "because they can".It's that after awhile people focus their attention on other things and the initial interest/outrage turns into a yawn and an eyeroll from the overload.

Fager Fan
12-14-2017, 12:46 AM
When I first heard this I worried this could be the result of a false accusation. Reading the articles, the girl reported it at the time, so that lends some credence. But then to read the way this guy made wild claims that are very difficult to believe, or in the case of claiming to perform a miracle, impossible to believe, that also lends credence to the guy being one who doesn't think rules apply to him.

I hate to find out about Republicans and supposedly religious people who acted the way this guy did. It reflects badly on those two groups.

I still worry that innocent men are or will be taken down by false claims, but I'm not finding reason to believe this guy was innocent or too much sympathy for him. I don't know if that makes me less generous than I should be.

Tom
12-14-2017, 11:01 AM
I still worry that innocent men are or will be taken down by false claims1. Most of it is he said/she said
2. We have seen evidence doctored, ie added note to the yearbook
3. We KNOW democrats lie
4. The bias is always to believe the women now

I know there are real case out there that should be made public and acted upon, but the dems are piling on now

davew
12-14-2017, 11:37 AM
' thou shall not covet daughters best friend '