formula_2002
12-07-2017, 07:27 AM

Remember Pearl Harbor
Sammy Kaye
Words by Don Reid, Music by Don Reid and Sammy Kaye
The words "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR" appeared in caps in the original sheet
music.
"Verse
History in ev'ry century records an act that lives forevermore.
We'll recall, as into line we fall, the thing that happened on Hawaii's
shore.
Chorus
Let's REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR
As we go to meet the foe.
Let's REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR As we did the Alamo.
We will always remember how they died for Liberty.
Let's REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR And go on to victory."
The above was taken from the original sheet music Copyrighted in 1941 by
the Republic Music Corp., 607 5th Ave., New York, N.Y.

barahona44
12-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Last year my wife and I went to Japan, a country I've wanted to visit since I was a kid.We went to the Museum of Tokyo History.One section was about the Tokyo homefront during WW 2.

The English translation referred to the bombing of Pearl Harbor as "The Hawaii Incident"

RIP to the servicemen who lost their lives.

Tom
12-07-2017, 09:49 AM
:rip: to the millions world-wide who lost their lives, families, homes due to the actions of a few madmen. We should have hung the SOB emporer in the streets.

The two mushroom clouds that rose over Japan served as exclamation points on the war.

Side note - History Channel is showing WW2 From Space - showing major battles and campaigns by using satellite shots. Really puts the war into an easily viewed perspective.

zico20
12-07-2017, 10:42 AM
:rip: to the millions world-wide who lost their lives, families, homes due to the actions of a few madmen. We should have hung the SOB emporer in the streets.

The two mushroom clouds that rose over Japan served as exclamation points on the war.

Side note - History Channel is showing WW2 From Space - showing major battles and campaigns by using satellite shots. Really puts the war into an easily viewed perspective.

Tom, most liberals despise the fact we dropped the bombs, claiming they were unnecessary to end the war. I think you should take back that comment, you really don't want to upset liberals for the first time on this board, do you? :lol:

Inner Dirt
12-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Tom, most liberals despise the fact we dropped the bombs, claiming they were unnecessary to end the war. I think you should take back that comment, you really don't want to upset liberals for the first time on this board, do you? :lol:

There was a big controversy over displaying the Enola Gay, I have seen it in person. It is housed in very liberal Fairfax County, Virginia. Some of the comments I heard by the crowd looking at it were perplexing, a lot of people looked at it as a symbol of evil because it dropped a bomb that brought mass death and destruction to Japan. Didn't Japan bring us into the war by bombing Pearl Harbor? Pay back is a bitch, that is the way I look at it. I swear if today's liberals ran everything back to the birth of this country either none of us would be alive, we would be less than a 3rd world country, or we would all be servants in a foreign land.

elysiantraveller
12-07-2017, 11:48 AM
The 20/20 hindsight debate of dropping the bombs is so agenda driven its largely detached from reality.

woodtoo
12-07-2017, 01:06 PM
R.I.P. To all the fallen, Military and civilian.

jocko699
12-07-2017, 01:23 PM
76 years later and we will never forget.

forced89
12-07-2017, 01:28 PM
December 7, 1941 is one of the first things in my life that I remember. I was 6 year old and I vividly remember my Father with his ear to our only radio (no TV in those days) saying with emotion "We are at war"!

formula_2002
12-07-2017, 02:22 PM
December 7, 1941 is one of the first things in my life that I remember. I was 6 year old and I vividly remember my Father with his ear to our only radio (no TV in those days) saying with emotion "We are at war"!

I WAS 4 YEARS OLD.
I REMEMBER SITTING ON MY MOTHER'S LAP, SITTING BY THE WINDOW WAITING TO SEE WHEN MY SISTER WOULD COME HOME. MOM WAS AFRAID FOR HER AND VERY UPSET THAT SHE WAS NOT AT HOME.

BOTH MY OLDER BROTHERS WERE IN THE NAVY. ONE WAS INVOLVED
IN THE BATTLE OF OKINAWA, APRIL 1 1945
MY OTHER BROTHER WAS ALSO IN THE NAVY. HE WAS ON HIS WAS TO THE PACIFIC JUST WHEN THE WAR WAS DECLARED OVER. BOTH MADE IT HOME.

ONE COUSIN WAS A FIGHTER PILOT, THE OTHER WAS IN THE TANK CORE.
WE WERE LUCKY, EVERYONE MADE IT HOME.

kingfin66
12-07-2017, 03:38 PM
I WAS 4 YEARS OLD.
I REMEMBER SITTING ON MY MOTHER'S LAP, SITTING BY THE WINDOW WAITING TO SEE WHEN MY SISTER WOULD COME HOME. MOM WAS AFRAID FOR HER AND VERY UPSET THAT SHE WAS NOT AT HOME.

MY OTHER BROTHER WAS ALSO IN THE NAVY. HE WAS ON HIS WAS TO THE PACIFIC JUST WHEN THE WAR WAS DECLARED OVER. BOTH MADE IT HOME.

I'll bet they have some interesting stories. Were they willing to talk about the war?

woodtoo
12-07-2017, 03:39 PM
I WAS 4 YEARS OLD.

Please thank them for their service.:ThmbUp:

My father was in the Canadian Navy chasing u-boats in a Corvette, we had a chance to visit the last one the Sackville in Halifax harbour.

fast4522
12-07-2017, 11:18 PM
Mitakes from that time relived on 911, having intellegance reports but not correctly interpeting enough to prevent the evil to occur. The very same failure many years between.

FantasticDan
12-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Trump totally upstaged during the WH ceremony today :ThmbUp:

That vet won't be back next year :p

https://youtu.be/gkrJoOjsBJU

Inner Dirt
12-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Trump totally upstaged during the WH ceremony today :ThmbUp:

That vet won't be back next year :p

https://youtu.be/gkrJoOjsBJU

Can you stoop any lower with your Trump bashing? I am glad you find his presence so annoying. The fact he annoys liberals so much brings a smile to my face, not quite as much as watching all the crying Hillary supporters on election night, but close.

zico20
12-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Can you stoop any lower with your Trump bashing? I am glad you find his presence so annoying. The fact he annoys liberals so much brings a smile to my face, not quite as much as watching all the crying Hillary supporters on election night, but close.

:ThmbUp: Being obsessed over one human being is not healthy. By the time Trump is done with his eight years the government will have to have built tens of thousands of new mental institutions to house all the liberals that went off the deep end.

Tom
12-08-2017, 04:05 PM

Some people have no lower limits.
That was a beautiful moment and this guy mocks it.
Probably burned a flag after he logged off, to boot.