PDA

View Full Version : MN horsemen recieves $590k from ADW law question

JohnGalt1
12-06-2017, 01:57 PM
I read on the Paulick Report that MN horsemen will receive $590K from ADW's from a new law licensing ADW's in the state.

My question, if this money is paid by ADW's, I assume it comes out of profits, right?

I have bet with Twin Spires for about a decade, and did not notice a difference, so they and other ADW's must just pay out of profits to keep running in the state, or if it was too onerous they could option to pull out of the state.

This is probably a good deal for MN horsemen and Canterbury. Free money, and not having to operate their own ADW.

Do any other states do this?

Prairie Bettor
12-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Safe to assume that if it's good for the track and horsemen, it's bad for the ADW and players.

JohnGalt1
12-06-2017, 08:12 PM
At least we in MN didn't go the way of states that don't allow any ADW's

As far as payouts, I still received track odds, so it must another cost of business.

baconswitchfarm
12-07-2017, 01:26 AM
At least we in MN didn't go the way of states that don't allow any ADW's

As far as payouts, I still received track odds, so it must another cost of business.

For small players the adw will eat the fee. For large players they will lower rebates to offset the fee.

Charli125
12-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Do any other states do this?

Yes, source market fees are showing up more and more. VA, CA, WA, KY, MN are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Basic premise is, you live here, why shouldn't we get a cut of what you bet somewhere else?

JohnGalt1
12-07-2017, 02:30 PM
For small players the adw will eat the fee. For large players they will lower rebates to offset the fee.

That makes total sense.

MNslappy
12-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Still kills me that I can't bet on Canterbury through a US based ADW because I live in Minnesota.

thaskalos
12-08-2017, 02:05 AM
Still kills me that I can't bet on Canterbury through a US based ADW because I live in Minnesota.

Having had considerable experience betting on the Canterbury races...I wish I lived in Minnesota. :)