PDA

View Full Version : Skirball fire in Socal

JustRalph
12-06-2017, 12:35 PM
A familiar drive looks like scene from a movie near Getty Center. Thanks Jeff Esguerra for the video. Fire coverage all day on KCAL9 & CBS2. @cbsla @KCBSKCALDesk #skirballfire #cbsla https://twitter.com/LeynaNguyenTV/status/938461100869173249/video/1

Used to drive this all the time......damn shame

Check out the video

JustRalph
12-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Looking ferocious

ldiatone
12-06-2017, 12:54 PM
well i am in piru lucky. ventura not so good santa paula close santa clarita only 12 miles away and slymar down the road... just was in ventura as my wife's doctor and hospital are there.. clear blue skys in fillmore then look west and huge clouds of smoke. up the 126 east and smoke from santa clarita and sylmar

_______
12-07-2017, 10:57 AM
well i am in piru lucky. ventura not so good santa paula close santa clarita only 12 miles away and slymar down the road... just was in ventura as my wife's doctor and hospital are there.. clear blue skys in fillmore then look west and huge clouds of smoke. up the 126 east and smoke from santa clarita and sylmar

Seeing a big plume of smoke is good news. It means the wind finally died down. I’m not seeing anything this morning. Not going to be a good day.

I have a lot of friends and family in Ventura. All of them were evacuated Tuesday. One lost her home. Another still has a home but many of her neighbors lost theirs.

If anyone is local and wants news on this, I’d recommend the KEYT livestream out of Santa Barbara. They have a focus on the Thomas Fire. KTLA is doing a good job on the overall picture though, like with any live news, there is an awful lot of meaningless fill while waiting for something new to happen.