PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus making people lose their common sense

Fager Fan
12-06-2017, 12:10 AM
First, we have the filly Forever Unbridled targeting the race. Not totally absurd but also don't think I'd race her there.

But then we hear of Stellar Wind still being in training and maybe going in the Pegasus before being bred. Did her connections see her last race? And it inspired them to think she can beat Gun Runner among others?

Finally, the European Toast of New York, after a 3 year layoff, is about to return at Lingfield which they hope will be a prep for the Pegasus.

The lure of the green.

dilanesp
12-06-2017, 01:18 AM
First, we have the filly Forever Unbridled targeting the race. Not totally absurd but also don't think I'd race her there.

But then we hear of Stellar Wind still being in training and maybe going in the Pegasus before being bred. Did her connections see her last race? And it inspired them to think she can beat Gun Runner among others?

Finally, the European Toast of New York, after a 3 year layoff, is about to return at Lingfield which they hope will be a prep for the Pegasus.

The lure of the green.

I kind of like running Forever Unbridled in it. She's in great form and the distance suits her.

Also, bear in mind that post positions make a huge difference at that distance at Gulfstream. So it might be worth gambling that Gun Runner draws post 12 or something.

VigorsTheGrey
12-06-2017, 01:34 AM
How many solid actors are actually paid up and in at this time...? Earlier in the year the race was rumored to be a bust for this running...then the music changed and became more upbeat... I doubt there will be more than nine this year so Gun Runner's post should not be a concern...
https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Pegasus_World_Cup_field_Tracking_the_2018_contende rs_123

Tom
12-06-2017, 11:11 AM
The whole race idea is ridiculous - we NEVER have 12 horses good enough to compete for that money. We seldom have 2.

Who do we have this year that will make the race interesting?

johnhannibalsmith
12-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Who do we have this year that will make the race interesting?

Weir and Lipinski at best.

Redboard
12-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I kind of like running Forever Unbridled in it. She's in great form and the distance suits her.

Also, bear in mind that post positions make a huge difference at that distance at Gulfstream. So it might be worth gambling that Gun Runner draws post 12 or something.
There was some talk about increasing the distance to 10f?

upthecreek
12-06-2017, 02:32 PM
https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/938396115023511552

onefast99
12-06-2017, 05:08 PM
How many solid actors are actually paid up and in at this time...? Earlier in the year the race was rumored to be a bust for this running...then the music changed and became more upbeat... I doubt there will be more than nine this year so Gun Runner's post should not be a concern...
https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Pegasus_World_Cup_field_Tracking_the_2018_contende rs_123
16m purse and 9 runners, I would bet 12 go to post. Stronachs horse SG retired so he wont be ITM this year!

cj
12-06-2017, 05:29 PM
16m purse and 9 runners, I would bet 12 go to post. Stronachs horse SG retired so he wont be ITM this year!

The purse thing is a joke. The majority of the money isn't even in play.