PDA

View Full Version : Xpressbet- No more Hong Kong

Holybull1
12-01-2017, 10:05 PM
I really enjoy betting the Hong Kong races. Xpressbet is the only online account I have. Are any of the other betting sites discontinuing Hong Kong?

kevb
12-06-2017, 04:51 AM
The December 6th races are available on Twinspires.
Too bad about Xpressbet. I prefer their interface over Twinspires. I assume it's a showdown over the cost of the signal. HKJC has to be holding a much stronger hand in that showdown, so I assume Xpressbet will blink.

rrpic6
12-06-2017, 08:54 AM
I watched a few Harness races from France on Xpressbet. Some have up to 16 horses! Plus the studio host between races and tracks is smokin hot!

RR

Afleet
12-06-2017, 06:02 PM
I watched a few Harness races from France on Xpressbet. Some have up to 16 horses! Plus the studio host between races and tracks is smokin hot!

RR

Just got back from Nice, FR, beautiful women aplenty. Probably the most beautiful women of all the countries I have been.

AltonKelsey
12-07-2017, 03:21 PM
surprised to hear they killed HK

even if they didn't handle a lot, how expensive can it be , getting data over the internet costs very little.

olddaddy
12-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Crazy they dumped HK before its biggest day.

kevb
12-08-2017, 02:45 AM
Just guessing, but Xpressbet was one of the first ADWs to offer HK betting, and apparently their contract with HKJC expired 11/30, and they must not have liked the terms ($$) of the new contract offered by HKJC. Twinspires started offering betting on HK racing a little later. I expect their contract will expire soon. Stay tuned.

Ian Meyers
12-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Just guessing, but Xpressbet was one of the first ADWs to offer HK betting, and apparently their contract with HKJC expired 11/30, and they must not have liked the terms ($$) of the new contract offered by HKJC. Twinspires started offering betting on HK racing a little later. I expect their contract will expire soon. Stay tuned.

The new contract offered by HKJC was very tough on ADWs. They are squarely to blame, not Xpressbet. Once the other U.S. ADW contracts expire that will probably be it for HK here.

I know for a fact that Xpressbet put a lot of time and effort into distributing this here. It's a shame there isn't anything more they can do at this point.

As an aside, I love how people who have zero knowledge about how the business works or what has gone on here specifically are quick to make comments blaming the ADW.

kevb
12-08-2017, 11:39 AM
I wasn't blaming any ADW. I agree, it looks bleak for HK betting in the near future.

AltonKelsey
12-08-2017, 01:22 PM
This would make HK look like idiots, now wouldn't it?

Byk studiously avoided any mention of it when doing his HK plug for the week

AlsoEligible
12-08-2017, 04:24 PM
This would make HK look like idiots, now wouldn't it?

I'm not sure I follow. For the 2016-2017 Hong Kong season, they handled $15.28 billion. Money from foreign jurisdictions was only $845 million, or 5.5% of total handle. Even if you assume that all of that foreign money is from US ADWs (and it most certainly is not), it's still a drop in the bucket.

HKJC clearly has all of the leverage in these negotiations, so they can dictate whatever terms they want. If XpressBet and the other US ADWs don't want to play ball, I don't see how that makes HKJC look like idiots. That < 5% of handle will be easily replaced by their continuing expansion in other jurisdictions.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2017, 03:37 PM
As an aside, I love how people who have zero knowledge about how the business works or what has gone on here specifically are quick to make comments blaming the ADW.Happens all the time, on most every industry-related subject.

Everybody's an expert on everything...:lol:

proximity
12-11-2017, 02:13 AM
quinella after lousy quinella; hong kong is draining my bankroll in one $1.30 frustration after another. :bang:

possibly i'll get cut off and can save up for a nice vacation to, oh, maybe.... france? :)

AstrosFan
12-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Too bad every pool isnt offered from HKJC through twinspires