PDA

View Full Version : Not guilty verdict Kate Steinle

zico20
11-30-2017, 08:28 PM
The POS was found not guilty today. What a travesty of justice.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/30/kate-steinle-s-accused-killer-found-not-guilty-murder.html

garyscpa
11-30-2017, 08:39 PM
Ridiculous verdict.

RunForTheRoses
11-30-2017, 08:50 PM
America, what a country. This after Jessica Chamber's verdict was nullified.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/jessica-chambers-murder-trial-jury-deliberations-under-way.html

JustRalph
11-30-2017, 11:31 PM
Saw it coming from a mile away

Valuist
12-01-2017, 02:36 AM
An embarrassment for the Bay Area.
An embarrassment for the state of California
An embarrassment for the United States

Karma is a bitch. He won't last long when he gets out of jail.

lamboguy
12-01-2017, 05:07 AM
we are not maintaining proper standards in this country any longer and this is the result. its been going on for years, good lawyers get guilty people acquitted, and bad ones get innocent ones convicted. no doubt in my mind this guy was 100% guilty, he beat the system just like banks and large corporations beat paying their full share of taxes every year. it goes on and on. this is just another slap in the face to all hardworking abiding citizens.

Fager Fan
12-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Trump may be coming to the rescue. It's announced this morning that they're considering federal charges against him.

I bet a jury won't be so kind to the city of San Fran. I hope that the parents' suit against the city bankrupts them. I consider them equally guilty as the shooter.

Tom
12-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Karma is a bitch. He won't last long when he gets out of jail.

Keep a good thought.....his tombstone should be the cornerstone in the new Wall! If the justice system will not take care of garbage like this, then others will have to.

chadk66
12-01-2017, 09:18 AM
This right here will ensure the wall gets built. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that suddenly the feds will find a reason to charge him in federal court.

JustRalph
12-01-2017, 09:49 AM
This right here will ensure the wall gets built. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that suddenly the feds will find a reason to charge him in federal court.

This is one of the few times I agree with the Feds stepping in. This case has Federal jurisdiction written all over it.

chadk66
12-01-2017, 10:43 AM
This is one of the few times I agree with the Feds stepping in. This case has Federal jurisdiction written all over it.I agree. And there has to be something they can hold the mayor, etc accountable for. Some kind of fed charges against all those involved. If not we need legislation passed immediately to do that to send a message to these sanctuary cities.

Clocker
12-01-2017, 11:44 AM
This is one of the few times I agree with the Feds stepping in. This case has Federal jurisdiction written all over it.

It is a federal felony for an illegal alien to be in possession of a fire arm.

https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/936449882897965061?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Clocker
12-01-2017, 11:57 AM
This guy is an attorney who has tried murder cases. He is also an active conservative, and his web site is worth reading regularly.

In some detail, he explains why the jury may not have screwed up the verdict, and why the case was not handled well.

Once you understand the law, it’s easy to see that the verdict may well have been correct.

The only undeniable crime here was committed by San Francisco leftist policymakers. If anyone needs to be held accountable now, it’s them.
http://patterico.com/

Tom
12-01-2017, 03:32 PM
It is a federal felony for an illegal alien to be in possession of a fire arm.

https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/936449882897965061?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The perfect storm - a gun that should not have been there and a scumbag who should not been there either.

Robert Fischer
12-01-2017, 03:40 PM
I read the article, but I have absolutely no opinion of whether or not justice was served.

Lots of writing, and pictures, and videos, and just a few lines on the details of the incident.

jocko699
12-01-2017, 04:27 PM
DOJ has just issued a warrant for his arrest:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Clocker
12-01-2017, 04:34 PM
DOJ has just issued a warrant for his arrest:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Do we have an extradition treaty with San Francisco? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
12-01-2017, 05:10 PM
This guy is an attorney who has tried murder cases. He is also an active conservative, and his web site is worth reading regularly.

In some detail, he explains why the jury may not have screwed up the verdict, and why the case was not handled well.

http://patterico.com/

I can see them not going with murder, but it’s obvious manslaughter.............

Clocker
12-01-2017, 06:23 PM
I can see them not going with murder, but it’s obvious manslaughter.............

From the Patterico article I linked earlier:

In California, when you talk about “criminally negligent homicide” you’re talking about a crime called “involuntary manslaughter.” It’s the crime that Michael Jackson’s doctor was charged with, for administering a fatal dose of propofol. The crime requires that the defendant do a crime, or a lawful act in an unlawful manner, that caused someone’s death, with criminal negligence.

So what is criminal negligence in California? The instructions that a judge reads to jurors say, in part:Criminal negligence involves more than ordinary carelessness, inattention, or mistake in judgment. A person acts with criminal negligence when:
1. He or she acts in a reckless way that creates a high risk of death or great bodily injury;
AND
2. A reasonable person would have known that acting in that way would create such a risk.
In other words, a person acts with criminal negligence when the way he or she acts is so different from the way an ordinarily careful person would act in the same situation that his or her act amounts to disregard for human life or indifference to the consequences of that act.
We don't know the details of the case or the evidence. But looking at the bold text above, I have seen nothing to indicate that the guy did anything differently than the average not-too-bright person would do in the circumstances. Especially in California.

A lot of the "facts" don't make sense, but there is nothing to objectively contradict them. Like the gun. Who leaves a gun under a bench on a pier? If you want to get rid of it, you walk a couple of steps to the edge and drop it in the water.

And the gun was an unspecified Sig model, supposedly with a notoriously light single-action trigger. Which means it was cocked. Who walks around with a loaded and cocked Sig, and puts it under a bench? You could shoot yourself doing that.

On the other hand, where does such an obvious loser get a very expensive gun?

Tom
12-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Do we have an extradition treaty with San Francisco? :rolleyes:

Better to be safe than sorry.
A few hours of "shock and awe," then send in the troops.

No great loss there.

Tom
12-01-2017, 06:35 PM
On the other hand, where does such an obvious loser get a very expensive gun?

Better to be safe than sorry - fry his ass.
Or a needle.

He was illegally - all sympathy for his life ended when he crossed the border.

zico20
12-01-2017, 08:43 PM

Chad, I like you buddy, I love your enthusiasm, but you need to come back to reality. The Democrats do not give a damn about this murder. Hell, illegals could kill 1000 American citizens a day for decades and the Democrats will never support a wall. They have to look out for their base, not to mention, their dream of tens of millions of new citizens to vote overwhelmingly Democrat so they can wipe out the Republican party.

Clocker
12-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Chad, I like you buddy, I love your enthusiasm, but you need to come back to reality.

The reality is that this is not going to change anyone's mind about anything.

I'm surprised that the gun grabbers aren't all over this one yet, calling for more laws against evil guns. If the guy didn't commit murder, then obviously the gun did all by itself, right? :faint:

chadk66
12-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Chad, I like you buddy, I love your enthusiasm, but you need to come back to reality. The Democrats do not give a damn about this murder. Hell, illegals could kill 1000 American citizens a day for decades and the Democrats will never support a wall. They have to look out for their base, not to mention, their dream of tens of millions of new citizens to vote overwhelmingly Democrat so they can wipe out the Republican party.of course they don't care about the murder or the wall. But it will spark the rest of the country to force it to be built. And make Trump more damn determined. I'm pretty sure it was a done deal before this anyway but this will drive the final nail in the coffin. If the border patrols death the other day hadn't done it already

OntheRail
12-01-2017, 11:22 PM

I agree... but the San Francisco leftist policymakers are probably butting a settlement package to offer Zarate for his inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Tom
12-02-2017, 08:26 AM
The reality is that this is not going to change anyone's mind about anything.

I'm surprised that the gun grabbers aren't all over this one yet, calling for more laws against evil guns. If the guy didn't commit murder, then obviously the gun did all by itself, right? :faint:

The gun cut a deal - it will testify that it was in a RUSSIAN'S pocket when he colluded with Trump.

Inner Dirt
12-02-2017, 09:10 AM
I haven't read all the particulars, was he not going to serve time for the illegal possession of a gun? Can't you get 3-5 years on that charge? Or is that another gun law that isn't enforced unless it is paired with a conviction of a crime where the gun was used?

RunForTheRoses
12-02-2017, 09:42 AM
NYT uses term Immigrant not Illegal in headline about the case, smh:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/kate-steinle-murder-trial.html

Tom
12-02-2017, 09:55 AM

"All the news that fits our agenda."

NYT - 0 credibility.

Tom
12-02-2017, 09:56 AM

NYT would say the Germans immigrated into France.

NYT - 0 credibility.

Clocker
12-02-2017, 11:21 AM
I haven't read all the particulars, was he not going to serve time for the illegal possession of a gun? Can't you get 3-5 years on that charge? Or is that another gun law that isn't enforced unless it is paired with a conviction of a crime where the gun was used?

The guy is a convicted felon. Possession of a gun by a felon is illegal in California, with up to 3 years in prison. He was found guilty of that in this trial. He has already been in prison for 2 years awaiting trial, so 1 more year there.

Possession of a gun by an illegal alien is a federal crime, up to 10 years. Apparently, the feds have just brought charges on that.

JustRalph
12-02-2017, 11:45 AM
NYT would say the Germans immigrated into France.

NYT - 0 credibility.

And they were "on holiday" in Poland!

JustRalph
12-02-2017, 11:46 AM
The guy is a convicted felon. Possession of a gun by a felon is illegal in California, with up to 3 years in prison. He was found guilty of that in this trial. He has already been in prison for 2 years awaiting trial, so 1 more year there.

Possession of a gun by an illegal alien is a federal crime, up to 10 years. Apparently, the feds have just brought charges on that.

The defense has asked for "time served"

zico20
12-02-2017, 11:57 AM
The defense has asked for "time served"

They can ask for whatever they like, they won't get it from the prosecution side. Now, a liberal judge, that is another matter.

Clocker
12-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Now, a liberal judge, that is another matter.

There are liberal judges in San Francisco? :eek:

Tom
12-02-2017, 03:16 PM

California is the K Mart of justice systems - Blue Light Special, for ever day you serve in jail, you get credit for 2. So he could be out any time now.

2 for 1, sanctuary city - California is a disgrace to the union.

Clocker
12-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Heather McDonald at City Journal writes that the case shows how California's lax laws, and its oblivious law makers, are greatly harming the state.

True to form, a sitting San Francisco supervisor turned the case into a gun control matter. “I always thought this is not an immigration issue, as Trump made it out to be— this is a gun management issue,” said Sandra Lee Fewer. “A car is not a safe and secure place to keep a gun, knowing the amount of car break-ins we have in San Francisco.” Now why might San Francisco have so many car break-ins? Because of California’s Proposition 47, which forbids prison sentences for most thefts, and which has led to a sharp increase in property crimes. But Supervisor Fewer treats car thefts as a fact of nature—like illegal immigration—that society has no power to quell.

California’s once-unrivalled status as the country’s most educated state has long since disintegrated under the waves of low-skilled, low-social-capital Mexican and Central American immigrants. Now, California's K-12 system rivals Mississippi and Alabama as an education backwater. The state’s school-age population, now majority Hispanic, lacks competitive linguistic and math skills. (Of course, defense counsel conducted part of their post-verdict press conference in Spanish, oblivious to the symbolism.) California is becoming another Brazil, divided between fabulously wealthy elites hunkered down in their own coastal sanctuaries, and a poor, Third World population. https://www.city-journal.org/html/san-francisco%E2%80%99s-shame-15590.html

Tom
12-03-2017, 08:07 AM
California is becoming another Brazil,

How true.
The Banana Republic of California.

Time to consider Martial Law and the suspension of the Constitution for them.

zico20
12-03-2017, 09:13 AM
How true.
The Banana Republic of California.

Time to consider Martial Law and the suspension of the Constitution for them.

Don't you mean boot them out of the Republic.:headbanger: I for one would not shed a tear if California votes to leave. We would just have to build a wall from the border of Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona so they could not come into the US. Block off California completely.

chadk66
12-03-2017, 09:19 AM
there must be a process that allows for the rest of us to remove Cali from the U.S. is there not?

Fager Fan
12-03-2017, 10:34 AM
there must be a process that allows for the rest of us to remove Cali from the U.S. is there not?

I'm sure there is, but we know this is all wishful thinking and it'd never happen. We have a better chance at Un's bomb or an earthquake taking CA out.

CA has gone on the offensive, not allowing gov travels to NC and other states due to the trans bathroom law and other silliness. Why aren't we doing the same to them? The citizenry not benefitting CA with our travel money?

chadk66
12-04-2017, 09:56 AM
by the looks of the fox news home page Cali is about to get an ass whoopin by our federal politicians and the FBI. I hope this isn't just smoke blowing. It's high time. Time to boycott Cali in a huge way also.

davew
12-04-2017, 02:37 PM

but he just picked it up, did not know what it was, made a loud noise and threw it off the pier - maybe Nancy Pelosi can give him a job to housesit while she is away.

Clocker
12-05-2017, 12:18 AM
The Washington Post once again proves you can't fix stupid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQLmROgUEAABYUx.jpg:large

JustRalph
12-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Trump's tiny hands weigh in.....

http://abc7news.com/federal-grand-jury-indicts-kate-steinle-shooting-suspect/2744107/

Going federal

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2017, 11:34 PM
The Washington Post once again proves you can't fix stupid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQLmROgUEAABYUx.jpg:largeI don't get it.

Fager Fan
12-06-2017, 12:03 AM
I don't get it.

I don't either, but didn't want to appear to be the stupid that's unfixable.

davew
12-06-2017, 12:10 AM
I don't get it.

The WaPo is suggesting if you feel a grave injustice was committed by allowing this guy go free, you must be a white nationalist.

MONEY
12-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Looks to me like he was sent to San Francisco purposely in order to avoid deportation.

Steinle's killer was in custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
They handed him over to San Francisco even though Immigration lodged a detainer request with the Bureau.

http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-sf-shooting-20150707-story.html

Inner Dirt
12-06-2017, 07:54 AM
The WaPo is suggesting if you feel a grave injustice was committed by allowing this guy go free, you must be a white nationalist.

Duh, are you serious? Everybody understands the liberal POS Washington Post's view point They are just shocked even they would stoop so low as to put a negative spin on a memorial for a homicide victim.

Tom
12-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Duh, are you serious? Everybody understands the liberal POS Washington Post's view point They are just shocked even they would stoop so low as to put a negative spin on a memorial for a homicide victim.

Never be surprised by the sleazy actions of a liberal rag such as the WaPo.
They are beneath dirt.

Pravda reported more fairly.

Fager Fan
12-07-2017, 09:00 AM

I don't think it worked as planned then. It gave a picture of this group not always being in the wrong.

chadk66
12-07-2017, 07:14 PM
This verdict solidified many of our feelings about Kalifornistan.

Inner Dirt
12-07-2017, 07:26 PM
They should build the wall from Texas west then turn north at the eastern border of California with Arizona and then across the Oregon border and force it to succeed from the union. When the wall is complete evacuate and then destroy all the federal border crossing stations at the Mexico border. Let all the illegals, drugs and guns flood in, the way they want it. Pull all the military bases out of the state also.

The Judge
12-08-2017, 04:05 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/body-cam-released-showing-cop-murder-innocent-unarmed-dad-begged-life-not-guilty/

woodtoo
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/body-cam-released-showing-cop-murder-innocent-unarmed-dad-begged-life-not-guilty/

WTF Judge I don't encourage any one to watch.

Robert Fischer
12-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I don't get it.

A lot of these clubs/cults (like White Nationalists) generate fervor by creating a scapegoat/strawman 'outsider'. That outsider is presumably going to come here and take your jobs and women. With White Nationalists it's not covert, it's pretty much the basis of the groups power.

Then, stepping a frame back in perspective, I agree with Davew, about the Washington Post framing it for propaganda (you know who opposes this verdict? White Nationalists)(association).

It's like looking into a matryoshka doll of social influence ploys, just in time for the holidays.

Clocker
12-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Then, stepping a frame back in perspective, I agree with Davew, about the Washington Post framing it for propaganda (you know who opposes this verdict? White Nationalists)(association).

And turn a memorial for the dead into an altar of racial hatred. Everyone knows that white flowers and candles are a metaphor for white hoods and flaming torches.

Oops, never mind. Hoods and torches were a Southern Democrat thing they are still trying to live down.

Tom
12-08-2017, 08:28 PM
You know, who really gives a rat's ass about racial BS in this case?
An innocent girl is dead because of POS city that put a scumbag illegal ahead of American citizens.

The white hoods BS is a distraction of what is really going on here.
SF should never get another penny of federal tax money and any state that has any integrity ( that exempts Baby Mario's NY crapola state)
would not have nay dealing with California.

Trump should install martial law in ever sanctuary city.
These people do not deserve rights.

Robert Fischer
12-09-2017, 01:50 PM
And turn a memorial for the dead into an altar of racial hatred. Everyone knows that white flowers and candles are a metaphor for white hoods and flaming torches.

Oops, never mind. Hoods and torches were a Southern Democrat thing they are still trying to live down.

The rabbit hole is deep.

Then you have some evidence of agents occasionally acting/infiltrating within some of the extreme groups/cults, so you get conspiracy theories that some events (e.g. Charlottesville protests) were directly influenced/funded/partially-staged (rather than just the heavy after-the-fact media spin) for their propaganda value...

ldiatone
12-09-2017, 04:49 PM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/man-acquitted-kate-steinle-murder-trial-slapped-federal-firearms-charges/

woodtoo
12-09-2017, 04:54 PM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/man-acquitted-kate-steinle-murder-trial-slapped-federal-firearms-charges/

New sheriff in town huh.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2017, 04:04 PM
The WaPo is suggesting if you feel a grave injustice was committed by allowing this guy go free, you must be a white nationalist.Seriously?

I thought somebody photoshopped it or something.

MargieRose
12-10-2017, 06:36 PM
I thought the same until I found and read the WaPo article about this issue:

The memorial was created by white nationalists, according to local media reports. Tucked in one of the bouquets of flowers on the bench is a card from a group called the Bay Area Alt Right.

The group confirmed (https://twitter.com/BayAreaAltRight/status/936534336328761344) on Twitter that its members went to the spot where Steinle was killed and “paid tribute” to the young woman, hours after Garcia Zarate was acquitted of murder. Identity Evropa (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/local/charlottesville-videos/?utm_term=.35807a513029), a white separatist group, shared a video (https://twitter.com/IdentityEvropa/status/936605205444968448) of its members lighting candles and writing messages on the white poster.

Identity Evropa, a group that focuses on white European heritage, called the acquittal “an indictment of not only San Francisco, but our country overall” in a Twitter post that used #BoycottSanFrancisco and #BuildTheWall.

A post (https://twitter.com/BayAreaAltRight/status/936437121606230016) from Bay Area Alt Right said the country is “under hostile occupation” and called on Trump to “liberate us.”https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/02/white-nationalists-angered-by-mexican-immigrants-acquittal-in-kate-steinles-killing/

davew
12-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Ed Lee (the mayor of San Francisco) had a heart attack and died while grocery shopping in Safeway.

chadk66
12-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Ed Lee (the mayor of San Francisco) had a heart attack and died while grocery shopping in Safeway.He cross the Clinton's?

Fager Fan
12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
He cross the Clinton's?

I apologize, but I laughed.

And now back to proper manners, condolences to his family.