PDA

View Full Version : 7/2 ML RACE 5 @ DEL MAR. LOVE THIS ONE

gabe
11-26-2017, 05:16 PM
If you look at Be Mine's running line it says outkicked but it did NOT mention the trouble the horse had turning into the stretch.

A lot of money is going to come in on the shipper from back east :1:and rightfully so as that filly has been facing better as well and this will be her
2nd race off layoff with that being said she should be fully cranked for this one. As you can see below she ran against grade 2 and grade 3 fillies last year and was right there so she should find a field like this much to her liking. Her last race was off a long layoff so let's forgive her and she had some trouble that wasn't mentioned in the comments.

Rosario fits this filly perfect and she should lay about 4th/5th and make his patented move right before the stretch on the outside. The favorite will be tough to beat but I think BE MINE gets up in the final strides and moves down this field. Look for that Rosario ride where he starts his move right before the stretch.

:5:

gabe
11-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Never more than 4 lengths back in any career start, today she found herself dead last in a field of 10. Then gets bottled up inside only to take up twice.

Can't win.

Please tab this one for next time. Add this one to your stables and look for her to run @ SANTA ANITA in Jan.

ultracapper
11-26-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm using this thread to post my pick at DelMar today because the title "I love this one" fits my feelings about my pick in the 6th, :6: Desert General.

I had planned to write up a "closer look" kind of write up on this race as I spent a great deal of time handicapping this race, as it was a fun race to 'cap. There is so much going on in this race that it proved to be a real puzzle to work out. At 7mtp he sits as the 3/1 favorite. Unfortunately, it looks as though my selection is going to be one of the more favored entries, if not the outright favorite at post time. So I'll post my selection without all the fanfare and hope the next race I find like this gives me a better opportunity to really share what I worked out throughout the handicapping of the race.

6th at DelMar - :6: Desert General

ultracapper
11-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Results of the 6th

:9::6::3:

Winner, #9 Divisor, was much the best horse in the race, and the jock knew it, rode him accordingly, and won as he should have.

:6: had to be ridden a little harder than preferred in the first 3/8ths of the race to position himself to give him his best chance. That excertion cost him a few steps at the top of the stretch, and doomed him to defeat. His conditioning right now is optimal, so he was able to hold 2nd throughout the stretch, and really needs to find a race sooner than later to take advantage of that fact. I don't know if there is much upside to Desert General from where he's at right now, so the connections need to get him into the winner's circle quick before he loses that edge. Look for him at Los Al before the end of the year, and don't expect much more than 2/1, depending on the quality of the field.

Today was his best chance, both for race conditions, and price, to make him worthy of a watch list spot. From a gambling, profit standpoint, he isn't much of a proposition at this time. Maybe the exotic bettors can get something out of him next time he hits the track.