PDA

View Full Version : Trump going after the drugs

JustRalph
11-26-2017, 03:30 AM
https://www.stripes.com/news/strikes-on-taliban-opium-facilities-first-major-use-of-new-bombing-authorities-in-afghanistan-1.498663

New rules of engagement allowing for drug factories to be attacked

:ThmbUp:

fast4522
11-26-2017, 05:04 AM
That is good news, it is about time we melt that shit and those who produce it.

lamboguy
11-26-2017, 05:33 AM
he doesn't have to go that far to drop bombs on drug dealers. he can go right to the factories on our soil here that produce opioids and other types of so-called medication that get the population hooked on smack and junk. they are worse than the crumbums in Afganistan because they are ruining peoples lives with the government's blessings.

barahona44
11-26-2017, 10:04 AM
If people aren't willing to buy,then these places wouldn't be in business.Blaming the Colombians,Mexicans,Afghanis and others for our drug problem is refusing to look in the mirror. Interdiction ,prosecution and disrupting the supply chain are part of that solution but the simple fact is that Americans like getting high.Not dealing with that side of the equation will mean solutions will only be partly successful.

Clocker
11-26-2017, 10:40 AM
If people aren't willing to buy,then these places wouldn't be in business.Blaming the Colombians,Mexicans,Afghanis and others for our drug problem is refusing to look in the mirror. Interdiction ,prosecution and disrupting the supply chain are part of that solution but the simple fact is that Americans like getting high.Not dealing with that side of the equation will mean solutions will only be partly successful.

Should we put drug users in jail? How should we deal with Americans that like getting high?

barahona44
11-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Should we put drug users in jail? How should we deal with Americans that like getting high?

I meant prosecuting drug dealers and suppliers.Drug addicts in jail is both useless and expensive.My thought being is that we always point the finger of blame at others which means , as Sister Bernard Francis told us in the 5th grade, we are pointing 3 fingers at ourselves.

We should help the addict but the reality is they are also aiding in sustaining the illicit drug market.Misplaced sympathy.

lamboguy
11-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Should we put drug users in jail? How should we deal with Americans that like getting high?you should immediately take them out back and shoot them on the spot. once they get hooked they never recover and its bad for society. that's what China did and they are close to taking over the whole world now.

davew
11-26-2017, 11:20 AM
would this include the ones run by the CIA, or just their competitors?

MutuelClerk
11-26-2017, 11:40 AM
you should immediately take them out back and shoot them on the spot. once they get hooked they never recover and its bad for society. that's what China did and they are close to taking over the whole world now.

Thanks for the PSA. On with the show this is it.......Reefer Madness.

Clocker
11-26-2017, 12:20 PM
would this include the ones run by the CIA, or just their competitors?
The CIA needs to compete in the free market, just like everyone else.

Clocker
11-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I meant prosecuting drug dealers and suppliers.

We already do, but apparently not very efficiently. Our jails seem to be crammed to capacity with small time dealers, which does little to solve the problem.

MutuelClerk
11-26-2017, 12:40 PM
We already do, but apparently not very efficiently. Our jails seem to be crammed to capacity with small time dealers, which does little to solve the problem.

Exactly. Just legalize most of them. Money is wasted on fighting drugs it because it's a half hearted effort. Were already a business and not a country just profit on it get it over with.

BaffertsWig
11-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Exactly. Just legalize most of them. Money is wasted on fighting drugs it because it's a half hearted effort. Were already a business and not a country just profit on it get it over with.

Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana to be legalized at the federal level, let alone at all, for obvious reasons. I see it being legal nationwide within the next 10-15 years, the bible-belt/south will be the last to give in.

Drugs will always be readily available to those who want them; the War on Drugs is a futile endeavor. We need to focus on getting people the help they need rather than locking them up for small amounts. Of course that line of thinking doesn't bode well for police officers and their job security, ha.

Tom
11-26-2017, 01:31 PM

Find an island and put them on it.
Do not give them food, just tools and seeds.

Then say buh bye.

A very real part of the problem is that people in southern nations can use their fields to grow corn for say $1 an acre, or doppel for say $15 an acre. I cannot blame them. People in abject poverty do not care about our society, rightly so.

Didn't Mayor Marion Berry do this before - promise to get drugs off the streets?
As I remember, he did.

Clocker
11-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Drugs will always be readily available to those who want them; the War on Drugs is a futile endeavor. We need to focus on getting people the help they need rather than locking them up for small amounts. Of course that line of thinking doesn't bode well for police officers and their job security, ha.

Decriminalizing a lot of small time stuff would free up the police to focus on bigger fish.

Inner Dirt
11-26-2017, 02:10 PM
I didn't read much about this, but I would guess it is more about damaging the Taliban's finances and not about the war on drugs.

Tom
11-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Decriminalizing a lot of small time stuff would free up the police to focus on bigger fish.

People want drugs, booze, gambling and sex.
No one is going to ever top the from getting them all.
It is just a waste of time to try.

If we had a truly representative government, it would figure out to make a safe supply of all three available instead of wasting our tax dollars trying to keep us "safe."

JustRalph
11-26-2017, 04:41 PM
I meant prosecuting drug dealers and suppliers.Drug addicts in jail is both useless and expensive.My thought being is that we always point the finger of blame at others which means , as Sister Bernard Francis told us in the 5th grade, we are pointing 3 fingers at ourselves.

We should help the addict but the reality is they are also aiding in sustaining the illicit drug market.Misplaced sympathy.

Circular reasoning

fast4522
11-26-2017, 07:45 PM
I didn't read much about this, but I would guess it is more about damaging the Taliban's finances and not about the war on drugs.

I have said this before, we should poison parts of the earth poppy's grow so nothing will grow. Not everyone has the right to survive with these drugs as a export to our country.

Clocker
11-26-2017, 08:02 PM
I have said this before, we should poison parts of the earth poppy's grow so nothing will grow.
We should do this unilaterally, without the approval and cooperation of that government?

chadk66
11-26-2017, 08:30 PM
This war on drugs is a carbon copy of Vietnam. We know where the fields are and we could destroy the crops in ten damn minutes. But instead we want to piss around in the jungle with hand to hand combat.

Clocker
11-26-2017, 08:39 PM
This war on drugs is a carbon copy of Vietnam. We know where the fields are and we could destroy the crops in ten damn minutes. But instead we want to piss around in the jungle with hand to hand combat.

Yes, Agent Orange worked out really well all the way around. :rolleyes:

chadk66
11-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Yes, Agent Orange worked out really well all the way around. :rolleyes:I might be going out on a limb here but I'd suspect agent orange wouldn't be used on the fields. Although it probably should be.