PDA

View Full Version : Mo Dowd coming around

JustRalph
11-23-2017, 05:49 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opinion/sunday/my-brother-kevins-not-tired-of-winning.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

Her brother is right.......:lol:

barahona44
11-23-2017, 06:18 PM
I kept looking for the April 1st publication date.

Guaranteed now Fox News will start quoting this article ad nauseum for the next six months."Even the New York Times is saying..."

mostpost
11-24-2017, 12:47 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/opinion/sunday/my-brother-kevins-not-tired-of-winning.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

Her brother is right.......:lol:
You really need to take a course in reading comprehension. You also need to learn what an Op Ed column is. This is an Op Ed column within a column. Everything after the italics are the thoughts of Kevin Dowd, not Mo Dowd.

Mo Dowd's columns on Trump have titles like;
Trump, Neo Nazis and the Klan
President Trumps Really Weak Week
Will The Blowhard Blow Us Up?
Cruella de Trump
and
Bobby Sticks It To Trump,

If you really want to know what Maureen Dowd thinks about Donald Trump, all you need to do is google "Maureen Dowd on Donald Trump"

reckless
11-24-2017, 01:00 PM
You really need to take a course in reading comprehension. You also need to learn what an Op Ed column is. This is an Op Ed column within a column. Everything after the italics are the thoughts of Kevin Dowd, not Mo Dowd.

Cruella de Trump
and

If you really want to know what Maureen Dowd thinks about Donald Trump, all you need to do is google "Maureen Dowd on Donald Trump"

Maureen Dowd is your typical Irish-shanty has been whose opinions have zero influence these days, except to the patently ignorant and consistently hateful literati that lives and dies by the growing insignificance of the New York Times.

No one on God's green earth cares what Maureen Dowd thinks about Donald Trump.

Clocker
11-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Maureen Dowd is your typical Irish-shanty

The kind of racial slur one would be likely to see in a late night Trump tweet. I'm sure The Donald would be proud.

reckless
11-24-2017, 01:21 PM
The kind of racial slur one would be likely to see in a late night Trump tweet. I'm sure The Donald would be proud.

I guess you don't know her as well as some of us.

JustRalph
11-24-2017, 02:30 PM

Cruella de Trump
and

I read her every week.....I know how she feels. She printed this piece (as she’s done before) in reverence for her brothers opinion. She's coming around........

Clocker
11-25-2017, 03:12 PM
She's coming around........

I doubt it. For some time now, she has had a tradition of letting her brother write her column every Thanksgiving.

FantasticDan
11-25-2017, 04:35 PM
If there's one thing that Dem and Repub politicians can agree on, it's that none of them particularly like Mo Dowd :p

chrisl
11-26-2017, 04:41 AM
If there's one thing that Dem and Repub politicians can agree on, it's that none of them particularly like Mo Dowd :p

Captain Dan: Your knowledge is killing it.You need to go get a you tube channel. Tell the world your genius.

Clocker
11-27-2017, 01:33 AM
I guess you don't know her as well as some of us.

I don't care how well anyone knows anyone, "typical Irish-shanty" is a racial slur and has no place in polite conversation. Pardon me for my ignorance in expecting polite discourse here.

And for the nit-pickers:

Racism is discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. --WikiEthnicity -- the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition -- WikiYou don't have to be black to be racially insulted. The common term is Shanty Irish, and it is as insulting as any other racial insult based on color, religion, etc.

Hank
11-27-2017, 02:20 AM
I don't care how well anyone knows anyone, "typical Irish-shanty" is a racial slur and has no place in polite conversation. Pardon me for my ignorance in expecting polite discourse here.

And for the nit-pickers:

You don't have to be black to be racially insulted. The common term is Shanty Irish, and it is as insulting as any other racial insult based on color, religion, etc.

:pound::lol: