PDA

View Full Version : NHC rookie contest Saturday

Afleet
11-23-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm in this contest on Saturday. I'm playing CD on friday and will be playing heavily so I don't have time to handicap all these races for Saturday.

NHC ROOKIE
NHC ROOKIE Contest, Presented by TVG - PICK & PRAY - Must be 1st-YEAR 2017 NHC Tour Member

Contest Races
Aqueduct #8 - 3:20PM EST
Laurel Park #7 - 3:30PM EST
Aqueduct #9 - 3:50PM EST
Laurel Park #8 - 4:00PM EST
Aqueduct #10 - 4:20PM EST
Laurel Park #9 - 4:30PM EST
Del Mar #4 - 5:00PM EST
Hawthorne #3 - 5:06PM EST
Del Mar #5 - 5:30PM EST
Del Mar #6 - 6:00PM EST
Del Mar #7 - 6:30PM EST
Hawthorne #6 - 6:30PM EST

This is my first NHC contest. Why so many tracks? I have won many contests on Derbywars and HT, but I play one track only contests. CD has excellent racing on Saturday but they are using HAW and LRL-makes no sense.

Afleet
11-23-2017, 12:56 PM
any picks would be appreciated

Mulerider
11-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Thinking about playing that contest myself. Weather looks good for three tracks, maybe a slight chance of afternoon rain at LRL.

Mule

Si2see
11-24-2017, 10:51 AM
at this point of the year if you haven't signed up for the nhc yet then I wouldn't.

You will have more chances and especially for Tour Points, if you wait until the 2018 nhc.

If you were to sign up now for just the opportunity to play this contest you are losing your rookie status for next year which will include the other 5 free nhc games throughout the year plus this tournament.

Currently the 150th spot on the tour is sitting with 9151 points. Unless you are lucky enough to finish in that 1st ( or 2nd with tvg account ) then even if you finish in the top 10% you won't have a chance to get a third of the tour points needed to qualify on points alone.

Just food for thought.
Jason

Afleet
11-24-2017, 11:08 AM
at this point of the year if you haven't signed up for the nhc yet then I wouldn't.

You will have more chances and especially for Tour Points, if you wait until the 2018 nhc.

If you were to sign up now for just the opportunity to play this contest you are losing your rookie status for next year which will include the other 5 free nhc games throughout the year plus this tournament.

Currently the 150th spot on the tour is sitting with 9151 points. Unless you are lucky enough to finish in that 1st ( or 2nd with tvg account ) then even if you finish in the top 10% you won't have a chance to get a third of the tour points needed to qualify on points alone.

Just food for thought.
Jason

Appreciate it-rookies always make mistakes. Chalk down another mistake on my part

Si2see
11-24-2017, 12:07 PM
its not a big deal, just very late in the year to qualify on points and would've given you an extra free contest for next year.

Anyway hopefully you finish 1st and didn't need my advice :ThmbUp:

Parkview_Pirate
11-24-2017, 04:48 PM
...This is my first NHC contest. Why so many tracks? I have won many contests on Derbywars and HT, but I play one track only contests. CD has excellent racing on Saturday but they are using HAW and LRL-makes no sense.

Think of it as practice for when you do get to the NHC. There you have eight tracks to play 8 mandatory (I think) and 10 other picks each day. Aqu, Lrl, GP, Tam, OP, FG, SA and GG.

Having four in the qualifier keeps those single track "ringers" at bay....

jay68802
11-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Aqueduct

Race #10: :7: Unexplained
Race #9: :2: Can You Diggit
Race #8: :8: Blind Ambition
:9: Summation

Laurel

Race #9: :3: Romia
Race #8: :1: Tiger Eyes
:1a: Keep Your Distance
Race #7: :2: Jumpmaster

Hawthorn

Race #3: :5: Something Kinky
:9: Career Girl

Del Mar

Race #4: :5: Eldritch
Race #5: :1: Mubtaahij
Race #6: :3: The Street Fighter
Race #7: :6: Souper Tapit
:7: Mo Town

Afleet
11-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Aqueduct

Race #10: :7: Unexplained
Race #9: :2: Can You Diggit
Race #8: :8: Blind Ambition
:9: Summation

Laurel

Race #9: :3: Romia
Race #8: :1: Tiger Eyes
:1a: Keep Your Distance
Race #7: :2: Jumpmaster

Hawthorn

Race #3: :5: Something Kinky
:9: Career Girl

Del Mar

Race #4: :5: Eldritch
Race #5: :1: Mubtaahij
Race #6: :3: The Street Fighter
Race #7: :6: Souper Tapit
:7: Mo Town

Thanks Jay, I used most of your picks. Had the pps for Del Mar so used my picks there. Have to go to a nieces bday party so just don't have the time for this today. Not a good way to start my NHC career.

Romia was scratched